Discontinued ThermoVape Revolution for concentrates

Zipsort

Follow up post. I went ahead and ordered the thermovape.. Hopefully they ship it out tomorrow (if you see this TV, send it!!) we can have it monday.

Also I have acquired a new batch of oil, This stuff is the same strain but a little different. It isn't shattery, it is taffy like and can be bent without breaking.

I'm hoping to get fatty clouds off the tv revo. Never tried a portable vape for oils yet so I am excited. Have about 4 friends waiting for my word to order theirs also

IMG_0967.jpg

Zipsort,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
Well, I can say mine works great, I have been describing it as an electric nail. Not sure if others will agree with that description, but that is what it seems like to me. I hope you love it.

jambandphan03,

sessnet

Noob Saibot
WTF?! Man I would just take a HUGE bite of that - looks like a peanut butter and jelly sandwich...salivating now....

sessnet,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
That is a damn fine chunk right there. :cool:

I need some help with my technique with this still. I was counting hits the other night and when I got to about 70 I realized that I should not ever be able to hold a pen and paper after 70 hits, so I must be doing something wrong. I wish I could get the big hits I got in the beginning with this thing. I don't feel properly medicated for some reason. Any advice?

Stu,

BudBuddy

The Vaped One
Wow that's a lot of hits to not feel much, sounds like you were just vaping ash at some point. Load it up with the window open and really make sure your concentrate is melting on the center. Then close and hit it, 3-5 hits and I'm done when it's properly loaded and that's with a pretty good tolerance, this thing really is a portable nail.

Were those 70 hits on one set of batteries?

BudBuddy,
This thing is a monster.

Tastes great now.
Basically my BHO is so pure, i fucking vaporized .3 of it in about 5 hits the first time, spinning me into oblivion.

Now I got the rhythm, with this stuff I have to let go the SECOND I see vapor, and then its a purrrrrrrfect hit.

Fucking brilliant my friend.

Zorro420shouldbefree,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
BudBuddy said:
Were those 70 hits on one set of batteries?
Yes, they were. I posted my opinion about this a couple of days ago. I wanted to see how many hits I could get from one set. The damn thing is that it keeps giving hits, and you can hear the oil boiling and crackling, but they get progressively wispier.

Stu,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
I don't get anywhere near as many as 70 hits, but I am putting really small loads in there to avoid the mess. I usually get 2-3 good ones and I am done too. Maybe it's a matter of potency of your meds and how much tolerance you have, as well as how big of a hit are you taking...

jambandphan03,

BudBuddy

The Vaped One
Dayum that's a lot of hits, thought you were originally getting 50 or so. I imagine as technique gets tighter we will all waste less time warming and hitting it more efficiently but that excites me a lot for when I really need to stretch the battery on the go.

I also got to add that french inhales are really fun to do with this. Inhaling it all through the nose like that makes for a wicked head rush and a great all over feeling.

BudBuddy,

Bluntcrush

Director of Vapor Research Labs™
sessnet said:
WTF?! Man I would just take a HUGE bite of that - looks like a peanut butter and jelly sandwich...salivating now....

I'll second! Save me a bite!!! :lol: Thanks for sharing that pic! I am mesmerized!!! :o

Bluntcrush,

msb241178

Well, I paid my 40 customs charge and my Rev turned up this morning, threw the batteries in my ultrafire charger which is suitable for the brand of batteries and, Nothing!!!. Completely dead!. Wont even heat up at all.

Batteries are showing as fully charged by the way

Rather dissapointed to say the least.

msb241178,

sessnet

Noob Saibot
I had the same problem, the first time. Try unscrewing it and matching the battery with the contact on the Revolution, then screwing it back in while you see it has made contact. At this point it would have already heated up and ready to use, since the contacts were touching for a few seconds.

EDIT: if you have the herb chamber - test that, it should work. Then, do the above with the Revolution.

sessnet,

OF

msb241178 said:
Well, I paid my 40 customs charge and my Rev turned up this morning, threw the batteries in my ultrafire charger which is suitable for the brand of batteries and, Nothing!!!. Completely dead!. Wont even heat up at all.

Hold on, don't panic. Remember the very last thing the guy packing did was to put fresh batteries in, bang it about in a careful but kind of scary fashion and verify the glow before boxing it up. I've watched him do so, and while he's not the only guy that's lit it up probably, it's part of his job. It worked at that point. Then it got bounced half way around the world to you......

First thing I check is the switch position. It floats in the bore it rides in on an o-ring. This o-ring can easily back the switch out (toward the battery), I've had it happen. Just pull the switch button sticking out clear of the center body. Then (this part is important) be sure the o-ring is squarely in the bore at the bottom before pressing the switch back, if it rolls it's likely to spring back.

You might also want to double check that charger, the maker is pretty specific about the needs and says that only that one model of their chargers is correct. They too make a LOT of other similar batteries. The batteries you got should be charged at least enough for testing out of the box however.

Good luck on a swift resolution.

OF

OF,

msb241178

sessnet said:
I had the same problem, the first time. Try unscrewing it and matching the battery with the contact on the Revolution, then screwing it back in while you see it has made contact. At this point it would have already heated up and ready to use, since the contacts were touching for a few seconds.

EDIT: if you have the herb chamber - test that, it should work. Then, do the above with the Revolution.

Thanks for the tip, didnt work though, still no heat up.

I only ordered the Rev so dont have the herb chamber

msb241178,

msb241178

OF said:
msb241178 said:

Hold on, don't panic. Remember the very last thing the guy packing did was to put fresh batteries in, bang it about in a careful but kind of scary fashion and verify the glow before boxing it up. I've watched him do so, and while he's not the only guy that's lit it up probably, it's part of his job. It worked at that point. Then it got bounced half way around the world to you......

First thing I check is the switch position. It floats in the bore it rides in on an o-ring. This o-ring can easily back the switch out (toward the battery), I've had it happen. Just pull the switch button sticking out clear of the center body. Then (this part is important) be sure the o-ring is squarely in the bore at the bottom before pressing the switch back, if it rolls it's likely to spring back.

You might also want to double check that charger, the maker is pretty specific about the needs and says that only that one model of their chargers is correct. They too make a LOT of other similar batteries. The batteries you got should be charged at least enough for testing out of the box however.

Good luck on a swift resolution.

OF

No ones panicking, just slightly deflated.

OK i've pulled the switch out and made sure the o ring is squarley in the bore, still no heat up.

The charger i've got is:

http://www.cloud9vaping.co.uk/epage...bjectPath=/Shops/yxve46fvrnud/Products/B56-08

Anymore suggestions?

msb241178,

sessnet

Noob Saibot
Wait a bit for ThermoVape to wake up (still like 7am in California) and I bet you will have your solution shortly. Crossing my fingers that you get to try it today.

sessnet,

msb241178

sessnet said:
Wait a bit for ThermoVape to wake up (still like 7am in California) and I bet you will have your solution shortly. Crossing my fingers that you get to try it today.

Thanks sessnet

msb241178,

OF

msb241178 said:
OK i've pulled the switch out and made sure the o ring is squarley in the bore, still no heat up.

The charger i've got is:

http://www.cloud9vaping.co.uk/epage...bjectPath=/Shops/yxve46fvrnud/Products/B56-08

Anymore suggestions?

If you have access to a meter, it's probably time to check the element. IIRC is about 13 ohms on the threaded connector. Otherwise, as another guy said, I bet Nick/Noah will be on it what they become aware.

I know that charger, in fact have one, I don't think it's right. The battery in use has a regulator in each uint. They are 'LiPO chemistry (LiFePO4) not the much more common 'Li ion' that charger is made for. I recommend the factory (Tenergy) charger model specifically for these guys (or any the maker might recommend, of course). But the two battery types are definitely different. You can no doubt Google it and learn way more than you ever wanted to know.

Good luck. I hope your unit didn't get one nasty bump too many along the way, it's not going to be trivial getting a replacement out......

OF

OF,

MarcellusWiley

Dab Trotter
If you take the switch out of the adapter by lightly pulling it on the spring side you can see that there is a contact at the top that will go into the rev/atomizer.

I had a problem yesterday where after I had taken it apart and put it back together
I dropped it once or twice on my floor and it wasn't working. My fix was to try and push on the switch like I saw in the video...this caused the contact at the top of the switch (that touches the rev) to pop out. I realized this was probably the problem. I popped the top contact back in and pushed it into its spot as much as i could until it kinda "clicked in".

Push the spring back up to make sure it seems to be working right, then put it back in the adapter and it worked perfectly.

so it seems that the top contact can be pushed up slightly sometimes and put a very tiny gap where the switch wont touch.

if it means anything as well. where the switch and the bottom of the contact meet it had very small black "scorched" looking mark. it doesn't seem to stop any functionality though. this might be from when I slightly over-filled the atomizer too...not sure.

MarcellusWiley,

msb241178

Thanks OF and MarcellusWiley, I dont have acces to a meter and i tried your suggestion as well Marcellus.

msb241178,

sessnet

Noob Saibot
I have some QWISO waiting at home, a friend is drying it out for me.

Cost: $300
Different kinds of fresh stuff: 3
Grams: 5(?)

In the Revolution: Priceless (I hope).

sessnet,

ThermoVape

Vaporizer Manufacturer
Manufacturer
msb241178 said:

I'm awake! Thanks for your patience.

I think you emailed? Probably so because not many have gone out to the UK yet. Check that out and let me know.

The reality of precision machining and assembly is that a few go out that aren't perfect. So far that's less than a tenth of 1%, but still, it sucks! The challenging part for me is designing around human factors. I can finalize the design, push it through a battery of tests, and prove the technology, but at the end of the day things will happen when one of my employees is tired (they are crazy devoted), or is having a rough day, fighting with their girlfriend (or BF), or distracted by all the activity/noise in the shop, or an itchy contact, or whatever it may be.

No matter what, I and everyone that works for me is behind the customer %1000. We WILL take care of you, PERIOD. Just know that.

Check the steps in my email and let me know. If it is a failed unit we will expedite a new one out and cover all costs.

Cheers,

The ThermoVape Team

ThermoVape,
sessnet said:
I have some QWISO waiting at home, a friend is drying it out for me.

Cost: $300
Different kinds of fresh stuff: 3
Grams: 5(?)

In the Revolution: Priceless (I hope).
Hey seesnet Im gonna warn you now... dont be like me and overload your revolution with the qwiso you need to keep a nice air path through the porous ceramic heating element...other than that enjoy! i just made some last night :D

mflb_hustler,

sessnet

Noob Saibot
Ok! I have a feeling it's not going to be oily...which is good I guess? I don't want it all over the place. Going to pray that my $300 experiment (plus cost of Revolution) isn't going to be a bust.

How was your batch? Any photos/recipe etc? Results?

EDIT: I didn't have a good filter - so I think I ended up with more plant material

sessnet,
Top Bottom