Discontinued ThermoVape Revolution for concentrates

mephisto

Do it, Do it! I thought about it, then my Rev. w/qwiso&kief kicked my ass....I forgot to try it.

mephisto,

Darb

Darb said:
I'm thinking about buying a revolution.
I have the omicron already.
How does the revolution compare to the omicron?

Anyone else who has both care to comment?

Darb,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
Darb said:
Darb said:

They are two totally different animals. Omi is a fill and forget it and go device for the most part. The Rev. is more of a load as you go device. I have seen a few reports of getting longer use from one load if you put a good amount in there, but i have not tried this myself as I loaded up most of my oil in the Omicron and just do dabs with my Rev. I like the fact that the Rev. does not have any unknown contaminants (plastic parts) or solder. It is hard to compare them because they behave and work differently from each other. The electric hot nail is a really good description of the Rev. I think there is a larger capacity Rev. cartridge in the works, we'll see how that turns out, it would be nice to load and forget it for a while so there is less fiddling around. I still love my Rev. though, glad to have found this product!

jambandphan03,

gvape

Darb said:
Darb said:

Lets just say my omicron has not been used since I got my revolution.

What would you rather do, load up a full gram EVERY TIME for good hits, or load a few dabs worth, and get HUGE rips. I personally hated loaded a full gram up up to get bigger hits with my omi. I would also have to taken countless pulls to feel like I took a dab. My omicron seems like outdated tech to me now. I may have some issues still with my rev and thermo, but it has completely taken over for what I use.

Let me know any specifics you want to know or me to compare and I will be happy to answer.

gvape,

sessnet

Noob Saibot
Don't try this because it will mess up your Revolution, and it's not worth it.

Bad experiment = Vaping herb in the Revolution.

HOLY MOTHER OF GOLF

Revolution Experiment #1

As promised - I put herb in the Revolution.

My scale only registers in .01 increments - I measured out about .05, broke it in half - it registered .03, which might be .0251 for all I know. About the size of a ladybug.

I stuffed that tiny ladybug into the oven/chamber, pressed it down as far as I could, if fit under the oven/chamber door ledge. Heated it up for about 30 sec, and started pulling. Small wispy clouds! Success!

Then, the clouds got bigger and bigger and BIGGER. Before I knew it - clouds bigger than my MFLB. The ladybug just wouldn't let up! Several big clouds, relentlessly coming out, I had to stop because I was laughing, and "there".

I tried the same with a friend. Put 0.03 in there, smashed it, heated it up, and he took some pulls. After a few, he had to stop and said he "felt it in his eyes" (his description of it working).

Amazing thing - look at my ABV:

If that isn't the greenest ABV I've ever seen... after a dozen or more huge hits!

Experiment #1 = Huge Success :) I now know what I need to carry with me, just 0.03 and my TV :)

Is the ThermoVape Revolution the most efficient vaporizer?

sessnet,

Bluntcrush

Director of Vapor Research Labs™
Wow Sessnet...Amazing! Thanks for taking one for the proverbial team yo! Yer da best!! :lol:

Bluntcrush,

OF

Interesting and promising experiment. Please report progress?

For reference, 25 or 30mg of material is a typical PD or other 'log vape' stem load. You get a couple of solid hits there and a few lesser ones typically so you're in the same range sounds like.

Thanks for the information.

OF

OF,

Peloton

Vapes Hard
Intriguing... sessnet, how would you describe the size of the rev flower hits compared to your normal TV1 flower hits? Also, was the rev boiled before the experiment?

Peloton,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
nice sessnet... much more conservative than my traditional vaporizer. Thanks for posting that!

jambandphan03,

Darb

gvape said:
Darb said:
Darb said:

Lets just say my omicron has not been used since I got my revolution.

What would you rather do, load up a full gram EVERY TIME for good hits, or load a few dabs worth, and get HUGE rips. I personally hated loaded a full gram up up to get bigger hits with my omi. I would also have to taken countless pulls to feel like I took a dab. My omicron seems like outdated tech to me now. I may have some issues still with my rev and thermo, but it has completely taken over for what I use.

Let me know any specifics you want to know or me to compare and I will be happy to answer.

Thanks for the comparison. Sounds like what I'm looking for. The omicron takes a while to get me where I want to be. A whole lot of little puffs rather than one or two big ones. Seems like the revolution could get the job done quicker.
How much are you loading in at once?
Does it go through oil as quick as a nail?
What are you loading? Bho?
How long before a battery change out?
Does it smell in your pocket?

Darb,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
How much are you loading in at once? Anywhere from a BB sized ball to about .4~.5g.
Does it go through oil as quick as a nail? No.
What are you loading? Bho? BHO seems to work best for me. Use fullmelts.
How long before a battery change out? Anywhere from 30-100+ hits. Depends on hit size and how long you care to milk the batts. I prefer to swap them more often as it seems to hit better when freshly charged.
Does it smell in your pocket? No, but you could have issues with the oily door.

Stu,

sessnet

Noob Saibot
EDIT OF LAST/POST EXPERIMENT:

The experiment was super flawed. I think I had oil in there before. I don't think it's worth trying this and highly suggest against it, unless you want to really screw your Revolution up.

I don't think vaping herb in the Revolution is a smart idea, since it will be literally running on empty, and I have a feeling that will overburn. It's not worth it for such a small hit. Experiment = failure!

sessnet,

SD_haze

sessnet said:

The experiment was super flawed. I think I had oil in there before. I don't think it's worth trying this and highly suggest against it, unless you want to really screw your Revolution up.

I don't think vaping herb in the Revolution is a smart idea, since it will be literally running on empty, and I have a feeling that will overburn. It's not worth it for such a small hit. Experiment = failure!
:doh:

SD_haze,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
sessnet said:

I think you are right. I tried it too, with a small amount, and thought I was getting good vapor at first. Loaded a freshie and it was not giving me the same vapor as the first try. Must have been residual oil on the first round. Good effort though. I imagine in a pinch, if you didn't have anything better to use, it would work if you try long enough but you are probably right about it overworking the unit.

jambandphan03,

Xchadb

@Brownglass
Glass Blower
after 4grams of only moonrocks of HUGE loads, doing some spring cleaning :brow: gonna go pick up a fresh gram and load it in after its all cleaned :D

BTW i got my dispensiary to carry thermovape products down here in colorado springs, i can buy a thermovape t1 kit for 200 :)

Xchadb,

Darb

Ok, I'm convinced.
Revolution is ordered.
I can't wait!!
Lately I've been using both of my omicrons at once.
Makes for a nice hit but kinda sucks cause you got to use two hands to smoke.
I've read that thermovape only reccomends filling with a small amount of oil.
Some of you are filling with a 0.5 or 1.0.
Is this causing any issues for anybody?

Darb,

Xchadb

@Brownglass
Glass Blower
just iso wiped and boiled mine, worked for about one battery set, now its seem to have died? made sure all connections are clean (just cleaned it too btw) nice n tight, fully charged batts, theyre both facing the same way, holding it on for a min at least and its not even warm :/

Xchadb,

Peloton

Vapes Hard
I would check that your switch is fully seated if you haven't already. Pull the switch out, and make sure the o-ring it sits on is fully seated in there.

Edit: whoops I need to read more carefully. That is odd that it stopped all of a sudden. Id shoot them an email if you cant track it down soon, sounds like you've done most of the obvious things

Peloton,

Xchadb

@Brownglass
Glass Blower
Peloton said:
I would check that your switch is fully seated if you haven't already. Pull the switch out, and make sure the o-ring it sits on is fully seated in there.
still nothin :/ just threw like .5 in there too, time to melt it all back out....

EDIT: I emailed thermovape, they instructed that some may have been sent out with bad connections and that they would send a new one asap :D

Xchadb,

weedemon

enthusiast
Darb said:
this sums up my omi exp too. I was also double fisting before i quit!

Darb said:

I also own both. i commented in the ask fc section of the forum on it. but I can't remember or find that post, so here goes!

to sum it up:

Omi = load a lot more initially, get good rips for the first 1/4 or so. Then I found the hits became so weak that it became frustrating to try to catch a buzz off it anymore. Far to time consuming... Loading more oil into it helps sometimes. but others i would melt my oil back out and toss the cart. I chalked it up to my oils being too thick or something. but hey when you heat it... it still melts so why the weak hits? I stopped using this thing, and went back to my Ti pad back in November. (bought it in late Sept) with this thing having a non replaceable battery if you buy this get the double kit! but i find i never bought the spare with me and then eventually as always it dies and that's the end of playtime. The omi wins the life endurance test however.

Rev = Load less in initially (usually 3-5 nice sized drops) It lasted 3 days before i even scraped the walls and re-dripped the oil back on the element. and it's still going now 2 days later. I suspect I have one last scraping before I will just go and load more oil into it. These hits have always been solid. If they ever get whispy then I know i need to scrape the walls and re drip or load more into it! I think the rev tastes better, IME. With the rev, you have another set of battereis you can trow in. but you gotta remember to bring the batteries with you! (I have 4 sets)And I do cause I am also a TV1 user and need a set per bowl.

now for your questions about the Rev

How much are you loading in at once?
I load less my comparison. You can load in a tiny bit for 1-3 hits, or you can load more in and go for a couple days without needing to reload.

Does it go through oil as quick as a nail?
No It goves off hits that I would say are comparable, but I still think I would go though my oil faster on my Ti swing.

What are you loading? Bho?
Yes, Bho only at the moment. I promised myself that I will not load any lesser purity concentrates though it. (kief, hash, "dirty oils" etc...)

How long before a battery change out?
I charge mine after every other session or so. Seems I could get away with it for longer though.

Does it smell in your pocket? I have not really experieinced any smell issues. becasue the unit's window gets messy, even if i do not use it, I never put this in my pocket. I don't want sticky hands! after my session i put the rev adapter back into one of those battery packs they ship it to you in. less than totally ideal I know, but im doing the best with that I have :p

Xchadb said:
EDIT: I emailed thermovape, they instructed that some may have been sent out with bad connections and that they would send a new one asap :D

same thing happened to me on my first try. got 2 tiny hits, and then it stopped working all together. I emailed TV(at like 8 at night) and they mailed out a new one the next morning!

weedemon,

bruno13

insomniac
Darb said:
Ok, I'm convinced.
Revolution is ordered.
I can't wait!!

Don't give up on the omi yet. When the persei comes out, it does not have a 7 sec cutoff so you will get much bigger hits with your omi carts. i alread ordered one. With an adapter you can also use the rev on the persei.

bruno13,

Darb

Haven't given up. Just want something to hold me over until the persei comes out....

Darb,

Xchadb

@Brownglass
Glass Blower
bruno13 said:
Darb said:
Ok, I'm convinced.
Revolution is ordered.
I can't wait!!

Don't give up on the omi yet. When the persei comes out, it does not have a 7 sec cutoff so you will get much bigger hits with your omi carts. i alread ordered one. With an dapter you can also use the rev on the persei. Until then, I use my carts with a joye 510 that has a 15 sec cutoff and it hits much better. I made the adapter so I don't know where to get one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qNADvRoDsqs
I had to tear apart my omi and put my own switch in to bypass the limit, what are the thread types? Ive been looking for that adapter forever!

Xchadb,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
I'm having much better success now, my main issue was I wasn't waiting long enough for warm up, and it seems my unit is about 5 seconds slower to the punch then I see in the videos. Works great with oil. I have to kind of cram bubble to touch the bottom and pack back down every hit but it works. I am still always left with more leftover then I like, not residue from low quality product, but cooked up bubble or pressed kief just sitting. Best thing is ability to pick up, and hit in bed with minimal light, really the whole reason I got this was more for ease of use when sleeping and for back pain relief on the fly.

IAmKrazy2,

BudBuddy

The Vaped One
Really enjoying the flavor of concentrates with this. Still amazed by how complex some can be. This is my new equivalent to wine tasting, had this over at a friends and everyone brought some different oils and waxes to all try and it was mind blowing. Plenty of early quitters(or rather eaters with intense munchies lol) that's for sure and after 4 different nice size bowls all the batteries were depleted.A recharged set was all ready to go with the second set going in to charge so it would have been easy to keep going or if anyone arrived a little later. Nothing but love over here. Built quality and design were commented on positively by all and it is now called the screw driver affectionately by a few.

Also got a five inch piece of clear tubing I had as well as a vapir air2 mouthpiece and its so nice to have more visual confirmation of vapor and it also helps with new users that try to hold it sideways, since it bends to about a 45 it is at a perfect angle to sip from it. Going to promptly replace the plastic mouthpiece with a nice glass one. I'll try and take a pic when that happens.

BudBuddy,
Top Bottom