Discontinued Thermovape Cera

OF

To be honest that looks more like a metaphor about how high you were off a tenth of a gram than a statement about the device getting hot (but I guess I was wrong):doh: . In any event you should try to be more specific in your future TV beta testing about how hot these wonderful things get. Surely no one wants to get burned (pun intended) :spidey:

Yeah, sure. You've got to be the only reader out there to take that out of the context. The next paragraph is talking about cooling it back down for heaven's sake. And not having a cool spot to grab minutes later.

I'm sorry you missed all that.

Heat has been a 'hot topic' from the very first to this day.

Thanks for the advice and concern, I prefer to stumble along in my own way.

OF

Medical Mark

Well my cera caved its too ally dead and I'm not that happy considering I'm bowling my EO cart that was rit full with oil I had no way to retrieve it either and now I'm with out a cera LL/EO probably for at least 2 weeks I imagine they have to fix it cause its dead poor girl. Anyway it really sucks but hey it's just my lot in life I guess bullshit bullshit bullshit it be nice if something actually worked out for me. Waited so long and now here I go again so discouraging you know just isn't right.
Well everyone have fun enjoy your Cera's.
Cheers medical mark

Medical Mark,
Reactions: ShipDit

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
No excuse not to still give me a full report on the LL sonics when you get it all worked out;)

shittydippy...A loop now why didn't I think to do that. Gee I use it to look at fresh sometimes why haven't I ever looked at ABV :shrug:

OF and Hayward, I loved following the online diagnostics and glad you all kept it in public. It was interesting to watch it unfold and getting worked out.

Mark don't forget to update us on what the issue was please.

OF

Hi Mark, sorry you're having problems.

What, specifically happened? Sounds like it was running?

OF

OF,

Medical Mark

Ya it was got a new switch 2 days ago and today it just quit on me. Full batteries hold the switch 30 to 50 seconds on and on but no red element just heat building up below the cart.
I was wondering last night if something was wrong cause my oil cart wasn't producing vapor I had to shove the oil past the ceramic wafer but it barely took off by light vapor soI took it off put the ll cart in and ya no d element just heat below the cart.
Its a real piss off.
Know. Have to boil everything and send it all back to TET so they can look at it, but its fucked sorry I just a bit discouraged.
You know one thing after a other and now its dead in the water it just sucks not even 3 weeks old, and now ya it will be like probably a month before I even see this unit again.

Anyway, life is good cheers

Medical Mark,

Bart

Has anyone had an issue with restrictive draw on the eo cart.
On Friday I got mine and promptly loaded .25 in and tried to draw through it. Completly clogged. Tried continued heating and pulling to clear to no avail. Ended up loading vg cart with oil and it works great.
Soaked eo cart in ISO for 4 days shaking on occasion. Then boiled for 30 minutes. Did 20-20 dry burns.
Cart weight is almost back to ship weight. 42.25 new. 42.27 now.
Cart still empty. Very restricted draw. If I cover 3 screw holes to test draw through each only 2 get slight draw. Other two clogged completly.
Vg cart full has much easier draw.
Any advice on additional cleaning or should I send it in.
Don't want to waste tets time if I can fix it myself.

Bart,

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
OF I am directing this to you and I guess the other guys who know power stuff, is it possible the mods to hold the switch in are overloading it and blowing it out hence why maybe TET dumped the idea of it locking? I mean to say one of the reason cause I know there was the hot and overheating issue as well.

Dreamerr,
Reactions: ShipDit

Sonics420

What I can say is the taste from the LL cart was very good, it never got too hot or harsh to the point i'd have to cough, it was overall pretty smooth.. I did get a few good puffs, for comparison they were light kind of like the Pax on low or the INH004 on 3-4?? I'm sure its supposed to be able to give me much thicker and dense vapor, as Noah kept saying in his videos.

Also I feel like the thermal cap is a MUST if you use the LL cause that thing gets hot and you dont want to accidently put your lips on there.. I can imagine one of my friends hitting it weird and burning their lips on a 2nd session.. We'll see if its the same once I get a good Cera.

Ya it was got a new switch 2 days ago and today it just quit on me. Full batteries hold the switch 30 to 50 seconds on and on but no red element just heat building up below the cart.

Below my cart got really hot also, where the pin holes were and a little beneath it.. got burned a few times on that area..

Sonics420,

Medical Mark

Well I hope thereis a solution for the problem I'm having cause batteries check(good fully charged), the contact between the battery button and the cart bottom check(making contact), new switch got it 2 days ago worked well but now like I said there's nothing happening with the element it doesn't turn red as it should i. Could hold it for a minute and nothing but the body just Beneith the cart very very hot no vapor, no illuminated element, EO cart no bubbling of oil after 10 seconds, nothing even holding it for 1 minute just a warm body again below the cart and above the battery.
It makes no sense they said maybe the inside of the electrical strip might be making it short or malfunction so hey I won't know until they see it and take a look at it I guess so time will tell.
Sure doesn't make this easier though.
What a piss off I couldn't be more upset right noe to be honest I'm seriously choked.
But Iike I said such is my luck in life fucken bullshit.bulshit,bullshit.....when will it end.

Medical Mark,
So o
Well my cera caved its too ally dead and I'm not that happy considering I'm bowling my EO cart that was rit full with oil I had no way to retrieve it either and now I'm with out a cera LL/EO probably for at least 2 weeks I imagine they have to fix it cause its dead poor girl. Anyway it really sucks but hey it's just my lot in life I guess bullshit bullshit bullshit it be nice if something actually worked out for me. Waited so long and now here I go again so discouraging you know just isn't right.
Well everyone have fun enjoy your Cera's.
Cheers medical mark
Wow Mark,that sucks! Hopefully TV will take care of you ASAP. At least you won't get the horrible nightmarish diarrhea that plagues other first-adopters. It really is bad,lots of people killed and several rivers overflowed. Hell anyone can receive Cera but it takes a real man to mail it right back,then wait 2 weeks without killing someone. Pull up a bong and let's get weird in here,let "them" deal with the feces.

hooperbell

Well I hope thereis a solution for the problem I'm having cause batteries check(good fully charged), the contact between the battery button and the cart bottom check(making contact), new switch got it 2 days ago worked well but now like I said there's nothing happening with the element it doesn't turn red as it should i. Could hold it for a minute and nothing but the body just Beneith the cart very very hot no vapor, no illuminated element, EO cart no bubbling of oil after 10 seconds, nothing even holding it for 1 minute just a warm body again below the cart and above the battery.
It makes no sense they said maybe the inside of the electrical strip might be making it short or malfunction so hey I won't know until they see it and take a look at it I guess so time will tell.
Sure doesn't make this easier though.
What a piss off I couldn't be more upset right noe to be honest I'm seriously choked.
But Iike I said such is my luck in life fucken bullshit.bulshit,bullshit.....when will it end.
Looks like we might have are first failed core OF :cheers:

hooperbell,

Darb

Is it just me or does this seem like an unusually high amount of problems with switches/cores not working properly (and most members still haven't received their Ceras yet?)? It seems Paka was right... we do know who the beta testers are. :myday:
From the posts I've been reading, I think it's just you. Although the other guy who has been constantly complaining in this thread may also agree with you.

dorkus_molorkus

So o
Wow Mark,that sucks! Hopefully TV will take care of you ASAP. At least you won't get the horrible nightmarish diarrhea that plagues other first-adopters. It really is bad,lots of people killed and several rivers overflowed. Hell anyone can receive Cera but it takes a real man to mail it right back,then wait 2 weeks without killing someone. Pull up a bong and let's get weird in here,let "them" deal with the feces.

So, we gonna get weird and throw some poop then?

AWESOME!!!!

becareful looks like its sum good shit!

Sorry to hear bout yr CERA dude. But its good to get weird!

Tweek

Seriously guys, lets not let this thread go to shit literally :D

Just wondering how many people (if any) noticing heat in their switch have modded them in any way? Reason I ask, is a heat spike was the first thing I noticed when I was playing around with modding mine. Could just be my incompetence, but thought I would throw that out there.

What the fuck guys, you think this is funny, its no ones fault just my bad luck.
And ya how does OF have anything to do with my dead cart ? Shit disturbers.

:cheers:

That's a fellow Canuck right there. :D

hooperbell

Do you actually think OF wants to celebrate a failed core with you? Why are you celebrating a failed core at all? Are you here just to hate?
Haven't you heard the saying, "failure is good for success?" Now they can inspect that failed core and learn how it happened so they can prevent it in the future. Failure------------>Improvement ;)

Medical Mark

Hey pipes I guess ill have lots of time for the bulli now,
Sorry guys but ya Im a little pissed off not at TET its nothing they can do about my bad luck but ya I'm pissed at my bad luck.
One thing a can't stand is waiting for shit you know, you spend 80% of our lives waiting then sleeping 5% of my life is bullshit.
Anyway sounds like I'm the first to have a failed Cera it's the process of life I the one who gets to be the customer who has all the problems so you guys don't , that's how I see it, when they figure out why my it died it will only benefit the rest of you so it will not happen to anyone else.
So count your blessings and enjoy a device thatis working to spec mine never did so who knows maybe ill get my nit back and it will perform like no other who knows.

Man I'm so stressed out that I even rolled a big fat joint to help me relax might seem dumb to some but when your life revolves around being medicated properly and purposefully any interruption causes me much stress its my life line.
Its hard to see that EO cart go, but the LL cart I don't think ever worked quite right but who knows maybe I'm not quite right, good thing I didn't make oil from the 3 oz of willies wonder, cause I will probably not see my cera for at least a month I suspect which really sucks.

Cheers medical mark

coffinoff

Hey all!

Batteries came in nice and early and we were able to send out a ton of Cera's!

A big thanks again to NoName for swinging by and helping us get packaging ready! Forever grateful!

Cheers,
Tim
Good to see this but I'm wondering how far into the backlog that means you are now. I've seen a couple people report they got their Cera without getting a shipping notice so I'm all anxious.

I know you all are busy at it though, and I'm just trying to be lazy. I'd be disappointed if the day it got delivered was a day I decided not to check the mail. Heh.

coffinoff,
Reactions: ogcook

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Haven't you heard the saying, "failure is good for success?" Now they can inspect that failed core and learn how it happened so they can prevent it in the future. Failure------------>Improvement ;)

Here's a different quote that I think applies better: "If I take refuge in ambiguity, I assure you that it's quite conscious."

A wise person would be careful to avoid misinterpretation when expressing such an idea.

Top Bottom