Discontinued Thermovape Cera (Original thread, closed because of chaos)

Status
Not open for further replies.

OF

Nice shape to the contact on the bottom; semicircular rather than flat. For better contact to the upper sliding switch, no doubt. Still doesn't look like a 501 thread. Can't tell what the material from this drawing. If it's metal, rather than ceramic, then maybe the core/bowl itself comes in either metal or ceramic. (Never considered that!). And note how much thicker the walls are in this drawing. More to think about.

And the set screws are hex bolts, not spline or torx (or, thank heaven, phillips or slotted).

Maybe we're all overthinking this, you know. Vape junkies in search of a better equipment fix...

Yeah, but....

The contact shape, possible mating with the maybe switch below directly and thread being different are 'old news' (we saw that before). The real part in the photo is obviously ceramic and the bowl wall is definitely thinner (and seems tapered) relative to the drawing (which has the 3rd ring Tim said was added). My guess is 'it's just a drawing' explains the bowl shape?

I assume you meant to say 'hex head set screws', not hex bolts? I sure don't see a head there unless it's some really bitty socket head cap screw in which case calling them a 'setscrew' is a misnomer?

The bigger issue, I think, is 'threaded into what?'. Ceramics don't thread well. My guess is the setscrews go through snug holes into the threaded metal piece that makes up the threaded plug part of the connector and probably supports the heater assembly itself inside the ceramic bowl section (rather than being pressed together like the current one). This would take care of the thermal issue as the metal parts expand faster and more than the ceramic ones.

That is I don't think they're setscrews per se, they don't bear on anything with their tips to prevent motion there. What the Brits would call 'grub screws'. They're really more like threaded pins? I'm guessing the core 'floats' inside the bowl a bit on them.

I don't think we're overthinking this as much as not yet fully appreciating the subtle genius of the design?

Fun stuff indeed.

OF

BlueCloud

Hmm, the metel core Tim posted makes me think there could be a Evo version. :cool:

On another note, is it even possible for this to come in another color? I would prefer a darker color but, I'm not sure I would want to ad a die or coating.

BlueCloud,

SameOldTim

Previously Known as 'ThermoCoreTim'
Manufacturer
Yeah, but....

The contact shape, possible mating with the maybe switch below directly and thread being different are 'old news' (we saw that before). The real part in the photo is obviously ceramic and the bowl wall is definitely thinner (and seems tapered) relative to the drawing (which has the 3rd ring Tim said was added). My guess is 'it's just a drawing' explains the bowl shape?

I assume you meant to say 'hex head set screws', not hex bolts? I sure don't see a head there unless it's some really bitty socket head cap screw in which case calling them a 'setscrew' is a misnomer?

The bigger issue, I think, is 'threaded into what?'. Ceramics don't thread well. My guess is the setscrews go through snug holes into the threaded metal piece that makes up the threaded plug part of the connector and probably supports the heater assembly itself inside the ceramic bowl section (rather than being pressed together like the current one). This would take care of the thermal issue as the metal parts expand faster and more than the ceramic ones.

That is I don't think they're setscrews per se, they don't bear on anything with their tips to prevent motion there. What the Brits would call 'grub screws'. They're really more like threaded pins? I'm guessing the core 'floats' inside the bowl a bit on them.

I don't think we're overthinking this as much as not yet fully appreciating the subtle genius of the design?

Fun stuff indeed.

OF

daym, Your good!!!

yea the set screws act more as pins like your saying, for the reasons your saying.

Cheers,!

davidwu

PLEASE make 510 parts.... no adapters please. Some of us would like to use your amazing carts with different batteries and adapters just suck!

I decided to hold off getting a few spare DARTS..... if you are not going to make this in a 510, how does one order the DART.... I know about the convoluted AVA/REV purchase, but seeing you changed the website, the old stuff is not available?

Tim... I think you missed this one. Please address. Thanks!

OF

It is not 510, its a new thread in the industry. a bit larger ;)

Size is over rated you know, Tim...... Or so they tell me.

Then again if the point is the connector got a little bigger over time, many of us fit that definition I guess?

I'm sure there are adapters in the big plan, can you give us an update (or better still a photo) them?

TIA

backwards compatibility?

I'm sure they won't let us down. I still know where their parking lot is you know......

OF

davidwu

Cool... thanks Tim.

How can one go about ordering some of the old style, 510 DARTS? The website doesn't have them available any longer.

davidwu,

OF

How can one go about ordering some of the old style, 510 DARTS? The website doesn't have them available any longer.

I'm not Tim, but I asked him this exact question a while back when the 'get 'em while you still can' warning went out. I like mine so much I wanted a spare for insurance. He talked me out of it, pointing out as long as I don't loose it they can rebuild it 'anytime' for fifteen bucks. They've saved enough ceramic and other special bits to cover this for a LONG time it seems.

I suspect when the dust settles the AVA marked version might still be possible, but I got the feeling that the new one will be so much better guys will opt for it (and a thread adapter it seems) instead.

daym, Your good!!!

Naw, lucky. And as they say, 'I'd rather be lucky'......

There's also that bit about blind pigs finding dinner eventually, which also probably fits.

Enough of this wasting time on the internet, Tim, please get back to building a Beta unit for me to play with. I'm sitting here with some selected herb ground and ready to go looking at all these lesser vapes.......

OF

NoName

Tim,
I noticed that the Cera's description mentions "loose leaf" (for botanicals), "oil" (essential oils), and "liquid kit" (e-juice). So will the CERA be able to handle the 'crudier' types of concentrates (ie lower-grade hash and such) that were previously handled by the 'windowed' revolution? TIA.

Edit: Almost forgot to ask, "Will CERA only accommodate a single 18650 (and hopefully a PA in the future) batt - or can/will it accommodate diff batt combinations for diff output voltages? Thanks again.

NoName,

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
Tim,
I noticed that the Cera's description mentions "loose leaf" (for botanicals), "oil" (essential oils), and "liquid kit" (e-juice). So will the CERA be able to handle the 'crudier' types of concentrates (ie lower-grade hash and such) that were previously handled by the 'windowed' revolution? TIA.
If their history means anything, I think the hashes will work in the oil one. Shit, I ran bubble in an AVA and it worked...

NoName

If their history means anything, I think the hashes will work in the oil one. Shit, I ran bubble in an AVA and it worked...

Q,
Thanks. I'm hoping that's the case. Really looking forward to finding out for myself (LOL).
NoName

NoName,
Reactions: OF

darkrom

Great Scott!
I've run BHO in the T1. I put it on a bed of herbs and hit it 1-2 times. Then open it and shake and wow where did the oil go....hmmm this bud is EXTRA gooey and sticky :D

Only downside is no concentrates on their own in the T1. Hell you probably COULD, but then you'd have a sticky mess that you'd have to clean....easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom