Discontinued Thermovape Cera (Original thread, closed because of chaos)

Status
Not open for further replies.

OF

So the Cera... Will it work effectively with Puregold? Leakless, Clogless, and efficiently? Meaning you load .5 and go ~100-200 hits (using it to get very very light cloud) before it runs empty? Looking for efficiency. More uses per load. and like 1g a month kind of use (using a old persei cart 3ohm at 3.7v)

You do understand nobody knows for sure since the production unit has never been built, let alone tested, right? The parts are mostly in I'm told and assembly and test will hopefully happen some time next week. Perhaps then we'll know, but at best right now it's a guess as I see it.

Based on DART experience no leaks and solid vaping are probably going to happen, but 2 to 400 hits per gram is not realistic IMO. Even Omicron with it's metering system to slow things up won't do even half that. My guess is Cera will probably get less than 100 hits to the gram with the TV system....pretty much as the smaller but similar DART.

OK professor, tell me just how you measure that?

Easy. Start with what you can quantify (20 mg in) then subtract what you can account for (say four in AVB and a similar amount in the user, the remainder must have gone "up in smoke" (or vapor in this case). We know, that unlike blazing, THC is not destroyed in the process. My guess is the particle size is the wild card?

I just meant the Cera should not really ever get quite as hot as the T1 could get if you were just using them regularly, the metal on the T1 can get hot and get hot fast. The Ceramic is slow and steady up, won't surprise you.

I gotta agree with that. I'm running it 20 minutes straight. No way T1 will do that without a couple mid session battery swaps. The problem is not the design as much as the user wanting to go such a very long time at full power. A luxury not available with T1. In the same time frame (say five minutes?) Cera is barely warm enough to be a factor.

The fun part to me is the same .1 gram of top shelf bud is powering the whole 20 minute session....

OF

Krazzykid

You do understand nobody knows for sure since the production unit has never been built, let alone tested, right? The parts are mostly in I'm told and assembly and test will hopefully happen some time next week. Perhaps then we'll know, but at best right now it's a guess as I see it.

Based on DART experience no leaks and solid vaping are probably going to happen, but 2 to 400 hits per gram is not realistic IMO. Even Omicron with it's metering system to slow things up won't do even half that. My guess is Cera will probably get less than 100 hits to the gram with the TV system....pretty much as the smaller but similar DART.

OF
The production unit may not be built yet, but there still needs to be a prototype unit or two just to even know the thing works right? Which means that someone like Tim or Noah would have had to try it at one point to know if it was even worth putting into production.
That being said they should be able to give an approximate answer to Porquiplane's question.

As far as the omicron not doing even half that number, that is simply not true! With the 2.4 ohm carts the omicron was designed to give that number of hits with puregold. G has said as much multiple times.

Now that number is dependent on how long you press the button, leaks, etc etc. I don't feel like finding it right now but G has said multiple times in different threads that the 2.4 cart will give 400 hits per gram with 7 second button presses like with the v1 omicron (with puregold).

Now the Cera probably won't come close to that number per gram as you said, simply because of the way it vaporizes the oil.

Krazzykid,

OF

The production unit may not be built yet, but there still needs to be a prototype unit or two just to even know the thing works right? Which means that someone like Tim or Noah would have had to try it at one point to know if it was even worth putting into production.
That being said they should be able to give an approximate answer to Porquiplane's question.

As far as the omicron not doing even half that number, that is simply not true! With the 2.4 ohm carts the omicron was designed to give that number of hits with puregold. G has said as much multiple times.

Now that number is dependent on how long you press the button, leaks, etc etc. I don't feel like finding it right now but G has said multiple times in different threads that the 2.4 cart will give 400 hits per gram with 7 second button presses like with the v1 omicron (with puregold).

Sorry, I don't agree with that. The prototypes I bet are scaled. I think if there was useful information here, TV would provide it, they're being very open about things. You're welcome to speculate too, of course.

Bottom line, to the best of my understanding, is full scale units have never been built. Nor, until this week, could they be tested in Cera since it too didn't exist in final form. And we know that Cera, having the insulation built into the body, has a big effect here. We see like a 3:1 change in heater power for the herb version for that very reason.

So Omicron hit counts in the 100 to 200 hits to the gram range is "simply not true"? I assume you've tried it? I have, that's what I found. Others report hit counts of like 70 for a vial (half a gram). I sure don't recall any reports of 200 hits from a vial.

Yes, G has reported '2 to 400 hits possible' with typical concentrates. AFAIK he's in agreement with most that PG doesn't do well in Omicrons (the driving force behind 1701 in fact?), leaks happen and hit counts are low because the stuff vapes off so easily compared to the average.

When you do feel like finding such quotes from G, would you please post them here, I'd like to see them. TIA. If I were more of a betting man I'd put a beer or two on your not finding him claiming 400 hits on a gram of PG. I've lost beers before with trusting memory, but given my experience and interests I seriously doubt I'd have missed that out of the ordinary news.

So please, show me a solid reference to back up 200 plus hits per gram of PG or stop saying I'm not telling the truth? That's my opinion (so stated above), it is based on my experiences and what I've read of others experiences on these forums, and it stands for now. Thanks again.

OF

ThermoVape

Vaporizer Manufacturer
Manufacturer
You do understand nobody knows for sure since the production unit has never been built, let alone tested, right? The parts are mostly in I'm told and assembly and test will hopefully happen some time next week. Perhaps then we'll know, but at best right now it's a guess as I see it. OF

You are correct, the production unit has not been built. However we were able to fully prototype the Cera, it is fundamentally a modified 1" OD 3/4" ID Ceramic Tube. Now these units would never be considered for outside testing, because they really look nothing like the final production model, however it told us what we needed to know in terms of functionality.

So the original testing for the Cera, in all forms, including the oil unit began months ago, and these were purely to simulate the function of the Cera, not the final look or form factor. It is only know that we have something that has the final form factor, and user interface that we intended.

Largely what we are testing know is how the whole package comes together, we knew how it would function, but that is only part of the puzzle. So much of the user experience depend on so much more then just raw, brute, functionality, at least IMHO.

I have tested, and tested, and tested. In fact, to be honest, the essential oil developemnt required the most testing. Mainly because we initially, never considered making essential oil vaporizers. We did it initially at the direct request of GotVape, and it was a realtiviley easy product for us to build as we simply leveraged our existing atomizer technology.

So I went to the literature, made a serious effort to fundamentally understand the behavior of essential oils and how we could deliver a better oil vaporizer. Si I am confident on the performance of the new Cera Oil Vaporizer. I have put many miles on, on many cores, to finally develop what I know t be a huge advancement over our previous technology.

So although we are seeing the Cera's now for the first time in their production form, they have been years in the making, and have been aggressively tested for months.

Cheers,

Noah

Krazzykid

Sorry, I don't agree with that. The prototypes I bet are scaled. I think if there was useful information here, TV would provide it, they're being very open about things. You're welcome to speculate too, of course.

Bottom line, to the best of my understanding, is full scale units have never been built. Nor, until this week, could they be tested in Cera since it too didn't exist in final form. And we know that Cera, having the insulation built into the body, has a big effect here. We see like a 3:1 change in heater power for the herb version for that very reason.

So Omicron hit counts in the 100 to 200 hits to the gram range is "simply not true"? I assume you've tried it? I have, that's what I found. Others report hit counts of like 70 for a vial (half a gram). I sure don't recall any reports of 200 hits from a vial.

Yes, G has reported '2 to 400 hits possible' with typical concentrates. AFAIK he's in agreement with most that PG doesn't do well in Omicrons (the driving force behind 1701 in fact?), leaks happen and hit counts are low because the stuff vapes off so easily compared to the average.

When you do feel like finding such quotes from G, would you please post them here, I'd like to see them. TIA. If I were more of a betting man I'd put a beer or two on your not finding him claiming 400 hits on a gram of PG. I've lost beers before with trusting memory, but given my experience and interests I seriously doubt I'd have missed that out of the ordinary news.

So please, show me a solid reference to back up 200 plus hits per gram of PG or stop saying I'm not telling the truth? That's my opinion (so stated above), it is based on my experiences and what I've read of others experiences on these forums, and it stands for now. Thanks again.

OF
I didn't speculate on anything, and ThermoVape just said they fully prototyped it and tested it for months.

As for the puregold hits per gram, I can tell you now I won't go looking for it because there is simply too much content on various threads and websites to dig through it all. I can however point you to a couple places to start looking.
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/omicron-modified-e-cigs.3393/page-2 post 29
G said their initial pre filled carts(the pure hash ones) contained Thc Gold, may not be pure gold exactly but they are a similar process from what little info I can find on them. He goes on to say they got 900+ hits from a cart.
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/t...erbs-and-concentrates.4873/page-8#post-191605 post 179 G said he used pure gold for his demonstrations, and I'm willing to bet that in those demonstrations he claimed a number of hits per gram.

Krazzykid,

weedemon

enthusiast
what is the heat up time? from the time i have loaded in a fresh bowl of herbs, and hit the on switch to when I can be taking a rip?

also is this thing (the herb version) capable of giving big fat rips? or is it a "sipper", for steady but more modest ones?

Bluntcrush

Director of Vapor Research Labs™
Glad to hear more info about the CERA Essential Oil cart.:bowdown: I am wondering about heat up time too, and how much waste I should expect. As I stated earlier, I generally use two or 3 fat Revolution hits 3 times daily at about 2-3 hour intervals. (use my flowers at night) With the CERA, will I turn it on and wait for it to get to temp and then start my hits? During the "passive" time will my oil continuously be vaporizing? Is there likely to be some loss for someone who uses the amount I do? In the old system I would generally pre-heat for about 18 seconds then begin to pull my first hit and then after another minute or so (prolly more like 40 seconds) begin my second hit with only a pre-heat for 7 (or so) seconds. I might have a third hit depending on the concentration of vapor contained in each previous hit.:ko:

In this way it sounds like the Rev with DART might work more effectively for me as far as conservation goes. I am wondering if you could speak to this Noah.:\

Also I saw in the Revolution thread (BTW Noah, thanks for posting) a link for LV Rev DARTs. It said there were a limited qty. I was wondering if there were any SV (for 6 v) still available? If so I should definitely get a couple of those to squirrel away.

Also the loose leaf cart's performance as described by our trusty OF sounds pretty game changing! It looks like I might need to get one of those too at some point:bang: . Then your CERA can be a one woman show. It sounds like with the ability to swap out between the two types of cores you might be able to render the PAX retired as well. The fact that you can just turn it on and it will vaporize (without having to engage and hold a switch) sounds more than boss! :tup:

Yes friends, waiting IS becoming increasingly more difficult...:nod:

:peace:

OF

I didn't speculate on anything, and ThermoVape just said they fully prototyped it and tested it for months.

As for the puregold hits per gram, I can tell you now I won't go looking for it because there is simply too much content on various threads and websites to dig through it all. I can however point you to a couple places to start looking.
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/omicron-modified-e-cigs.3393/page-2 post 29
G said their initial pre filled carts(the pure hash ones) contained Thc Gold, may not be pure gold exactly but they are a similar process from what little info I can find on them. He goes on to say they got 900+ hits from a cart.
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/t...erbs-and-concentrates.4873/page-8#post-191605 post 179 G said he used pure gold for his demonstrations, and I'm willing to bet that in those demonstrations he claimed a number of hits per gram.

Funny, I just heard him say I was right. What you're asking has not been tested, the idea has of course, but the specific cart has not been built, nor tested with anything. Hit count is speculation. So, if Noah had an answer for you why didn't he just state it (being the up front sort of guy he is)? I don't think that knowledge exists....having never been done.

As to not being able to back up the 'G claims 400 hits per gram on PG' point, it should be pretty easy. I searched for him saying "Pure Gold" on the Omicron forum, 17 hits all dealing with leaks basically. Saying they don't happen, they happen when you don't cool down properly, to finally 'wait for the leakproof carts' as more and more of us had troubles with PG in even low power carts. Sadly, it just doesn't feed well (which includes leaks of oil that feeds when it should stay in the reservoir). Ironically you might say 'it feeds too well'? That is even when you don't want it to, it feeds right out the vents.

I don't think discussions of other cart systems or speculation of what he might have said in a demo count. You do understand he used PG to get 'big clouds' for the camera, not to do a capacity test? The claim was "With the 2.4 ohm carts the omicron was designed to give that number of hits with puregold. G has said as much multiple times." I don't think it was ever designed around a specific number of hits, rather around performance per hit and being workable over a wide spectrum of concentrates. Show me even one time G has claimed 400 hits on PG (of the "multiple times") and you win your virtual beer. Or ask him specifically?

Again, how many hits did you get from half a gram when you tired it? Those I have first or second hand knowledge of are way less than 200, usually less than half that. You have tried it?

what is the heat up time? from the time i have loaded in a fresh bowl of herbs, and hit the on switch to when I can be taking a rip?

also is this thing (the herb version) capable of giving big fat rips? or is it a "sipper", for steady but more modest ones?

Good question. As a guess based on core heating time (to 'full glow) I'd say 15 seconds or so plus maybe 5 if the bowl is cold? Next time I start it up, I'll try to check. That's to start of vapor. That 'first rip' will be weak in THC I think, but mighty tasty at least.

Otherwise Brother WM, as I told disappointed DR over there in the corner, I think so far this is not a good machine for cloud chasers. At least not the way I'm currently using it. It needs testing to confirm but right now the only proven performance is around modest level hits....where it seems to excel.

Evolution was a ripper by design I think. Taste and other things suffered some to give big, fast, easy hits. IMO this guy is set up 'all wrong' to be repeating that? It's primarily a medical device as I see it which tends to favor more, smaller hits over time. Purity is high on the list. It's been specifically designed to minimize 'the learning curve' which kind of works against a goal of fat hits and big clouds through technique.

Time will tell, but right now I couldn't recommend ordering one if the goal is fast, fat rips and big clouds.

Is there likely to be some loss for someone who uses the amount I do? In the old system I would generally pre-heat for about 18 seconds pull my first hit and then after another minute or so (prolly more like 40 seconds) begin my second hit with only a pre-heat for 7 (or so) seconds. I might have a third hit depending on the concentration of vapor contained in each previous hit.

I'm not Noah but let me add my guesses to this? And it's at best an educated guess. I think the new cart will scale fairly well since the heater power and location (both of which change a lot) can be adjusted to mimic those desirable features. In fact, I see no reason why a custom high power heater couldn't be built up for the cloud chasers at the back of the bus? Revolution is kind of self limiting since the heater sits sideways ('end on' rather than 'broadside'). Some parts of the reservoir are much closer to the fire than others. You can't rapidly heat the stuff in the background without scorching that up close in the process. Function had to follow form. With Cera 'the net is down' it's a new set of rules I think.

So I think, once it gets rolling, Cera oil performance can be modified easily and cheaply to mimic (and probably improve) the Revolution performance you're happy with. I hope.

Hey, fine tuning heater power and location hasn't happened, the 'stock' configuration may just do exactly this, it's not convection vaping after all. My guess as soon as a few 'step test units' are made and fueled up we'll know a lot more. I give than (yet) another week? Maybe a bit more, these things take a little time you know. A guy is really only good for a few tests a day at best.....

OF

OF

OF, how long does it take to charge the battery from empty to full?

By the numbers (1000mA per channel), three hours. The only time I've charged one from empty so far that seems about right. IMO a guy would be OK with a more modest 18650 (well under ten bucks if you look around some) to vape with while your main battery is charging.

They do last a very long time of course, which makes this less important than it sometimes is.

OF

PB88123

Vaporist
I feel you should be able to get big hits with the Cera. If it is like the T1 you will be able to milk a tube. You just need to get the contents up to temp and get the inhale speed down. You may have to inhale for 25-30 seconds but you should get a big satisfying hit.

Some other portable vapes can hold 2-5 times the amount of the T1 and Cera so they may be more cloud chaser / bigger hitter friendly but don't discount the Cera till a couple members get their hands on it and see what they can do.

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
OF let me gets this straight...it heats up fast and you can take quick hits(not huge clouds), get medicated turn it off and chuck it back in your pocket? The drag is high but not to high. That battery life is pretty good. Not convection although Noah said it was on the last page. I would assume since no tubing less smell.

Random thoughts from what you wrote. I am still having issues with the INH lighting up my car. It smells like herb not vapor and smells far far away outside my car as someone is walking near. Not cool at all. If cera is a quick hit and go like the MFLB is that would soooooooooooooooooooo good.

PB88123

Vaporist
Not convection although Noah said it was on the last page.

The Cera is a short flow path, rapid extraction, convection vaporizer. Based on the science that serves as her DNA, she should simply outperform all other vaporizer in terms of extraction. It is simply a matter of methodology.

Thank you! Cheers,

Noah

If cera is a quick hit and go like the MFLB is that would soooooooooooooooooooo good.
Sounds like a 20 second warm up. The first hit will be all flavor as the contents get to temperature via convection. Then the second hit and beyond will be vapor hits. So I would say one could get 2-3 good hits within 75-90 seconds depending how long you want to inhale. Most portable vapes are still warming up by then time you are finished with a session with the Cera.

OF

OF let me gets this straight...it heats up fast and you can take quick hits(not huge clouds), get medicated turn it off and chuck it back in your pocket? The drag is high but not to high. That battery life is pretty good. Not convection although Noah said it was on the last page. I would assume since no tubing less smell.

Sounds like a 20 second warm up. The first hit will be all flavor as the contents get to temperature via convection. Then the second hit and beyond will be vapor hits. So I would say one could get 2-3 good hits within 75-90 seconds depending how long you want to inhale. Most portable vapes are still warming up by then time you are finished with a session with the Cera.

Without more testing (which will happen, trust me.....) I think PB is on the right track here. A practiced user could probably get a string of 'MFLB like' hits in in a minute or two and put the Cera away warm without problem. In full on stealth mode you could key it on, let it coast for half a minute or so hidden, get a few quick hits in a minute and have it shut off and cooling right after. Such a short session would probably not get the outside more than 'a little bit' warm to the touch.

In that respect perhaps you could look at it as a MFLB that didn't need stirring, fancy hitting techniques or frequent battery changes?

In thinking about it last night, I also think we can shave some time off this if we cheat a little and 'prevape' a bit of bud so it's really really dry (no water to waste power and time removing). I plan to check that too to see if it's a way to cut the start up time.

Since it's all ceramic and metal you should be able to make it smell free. Not smell free enough to fool the drug dogs perhaps, but plenty for casual human contact.

I don't mean to sound negative WRT huge clouds, IMO it's doing a bang up job otherwise. I just don't want to see the cloud chasers jumping on this thinking it's going to answer a lot of prayers. Bender it's not.

And I haven't even tried spiking the load with a little of this here bubble hash.....but that too is coming up.

Work, work, work.

OF

Dreamerr

@OF you know you are enjoying the work immensely. That is great news a fast hit and gone it right up my alley on the go. I am concerned about the draw and headaches but you don't have that issue so I will have to wait for mass amounts of comments when others get them. SoCal was on the pax thread so maybe he will stumble by here to answer the draw vs the solo which is really rough on me but still love.

Dreamerr,
Reactions: ShipDit

OF

@OF you know you are enjoying the work immensely. That is great news a fast hit and gone it right up my alley on the go. I am concerned about the draw and headaches but you don't have that issue so I will have to wait for mass amounts of comments when others get them. SoCal was on the pax thread so maybe he will stumble by here to answer the draw vs the solo which is really rough on me but still love.

I was hoping we could keep that our little secret, but no, you had to go shooting your mouth off all over the forum.....now other guys are going to want to volunteer. Just you watch. I had them bluffed out......

Not sure what to say about headaches from the draw. Of course, they're your's not mine. But IMO there's a difference between slow and restricted. That is slow enough the restriction doesn't matter as much since you're not screwing up your internal pressures as much (I understand it's an inner ear thing?). Perhaps?

I don't own a Solo but am working on an angle to borrow one or loan the Beta unit I have out to SC when my testing tapers off? We'll try to get that comparison for you.

So I just tried it. I ran the test I outlined:

First off I ran 3 cycles (hits) on a loose bowl in the Puffit. This gets it dry and toward the end of flavor/start of THC. I usually take it out at this point (3 hits) and break it completely up as some bits can get stuck together as they dry, a habit from MFLB but it's routine. I filled the Cera bowl with this 'pre vaped' bud and started the timer. Having watched it heat more carefully, I let it roll 20 seconds then started slow easy hits. First was very thin, but still there if you follow. By 40 seconds or so the second one was getting there. At the one minute mark it was still a little weak, like the second half of a trench might be. Before 90 seconds it hit it's stride. I pumped out four solid (for the box) hits in a row by the two minute mark getting kind of a fun little rush in the process.

Effective? Oh, yeah. Caught me off guard again. This was a different strain, so that's not it. Not pressing it is the key. Cera seems to me to want to run at a given rate used this way, it seems 'natural' to take the vapor as it comes. I'm thinking doing this allows Cera to 'process' the vapor enough to ensure more uniform particles closer to the ideal size? But blowing it out right away and hitting again can make you dizzy and leave you hammered right after. Far bigger effect than I would have expected. I put it down for a while, but I'm confident there's still more in there. Must remember to go check that out...after lunch....

More careful testing is called for. It's entirely possible that what with the bud dried out so well and the trichomes collapsed some I've got more THC in there than normal. Loads do 'tamp down' as they dry. Careful weighing is called for I think. But this technique seems to have promise, frankly more than I expected. A nice little session in two minutes flat? Pretty cool.

Thanks for the suggestion. Really.

OF

Dreamerr

:rofl:sorry I blew you up OF:D
That is some good news OF. I so wish I didn't have headache issues but it has been since I am a little kid. My sinuses are always clogged to some extent so breathing very slow is hard and I do get dizzy. I am dumb and do repeated hits but will try and stop. I wonder if we can compare the easiest draw I know, SSV, with the Solo fairly restrictive draw. I know there are others you can compare to as well so what ever you get your hands on. We know pax for example, even though I don't have one, takes a very slow cigar draw which would be death to me. I am sure others want to know the same thing so keep that testing going.

Puffers

Micro-Climate Mastermind
All this talk of particle size makes me wonder how much is really absorbed when guys are taking those huge 100-300mg dabs..........

OF

All this talk of particle size makes me wonder how much is really absorbed when guys are taking those huge 100-300mg dabs..........

I think percentage wise very little. But they 'make up for it with volume'. Overpowering the problem.

Then again, none of them seems to be complaining very loud? They just seem to smile a lot and do it again later......

OF

OF,
Reactions: Puffers

smokum

I am who I am and your approval isn't needed!
I'll sure be looking forward to the reviews out there after it gets into clients hands, as this looks right up my alley of an all in one capable device.

Still not understanding the heat temps tho, as I like the spectrum intake I get with my Solo throughout a session. Time will tell I suppose ;)

smokum,
Reactions: OF
Now THAT'S a company I can throw my money at and not have to worry about being ignored as a customer. That kind of service,even before it's actualy in production,that says volumes about TET.
As for Of, they couldn't have chosen a better beta-tester IMHO. Honest,technical,real-world info....fuckin'A bro!
Pretty damn cool that they didn't muzzle you about the broken part. Quick question,when carrying in the pocket,does the side switch seem obtrusive at all?
Please keep your input flowing! It's good to have an "insider" in the community. And when that insider is a certifiable "Evil Genious" we all benefit!
Oh,thanks for putting your time travel research on hold....gotta have priorities right?
Gentle Friends,

In one of those 'only in America' stories the TV guys replaced the defective core for the test unit seamlessly. I couldn't get free to go get it, but one of 'the guys' jumped on his trusty motorcycle and drove it out so I could have it earlier. I don't think this is part of any new Customer Service policy, however.....

The short if it is I was finally able to try it out.....it's a winner if you asked me. It's going to take a lot more testing but IMO it's got great potential.

For a first run I planned a 'worst case' technique. I filled up with some nice OG Kush, ground fine not packed but level with the top of the bowl. I turned it on and just let it sit for 30 seconds and left the power on full time as a new user might. I got a taste of flavor on the first pull, which improved to full flavor and solid vapor by the third as you'd hope. Then I let it roll (again as a 'no brainer' technique). Hitting it until there was absolutely nothing left (15 maybe even a few more hits). It got plenty warm but even then the little mouthpiece bit that sticks out stays cool enough.

I didn't time it, but it was on continuously for well over five minutes.

So my initial take on the initial bowl is even with very poor technique you can get good results. It is not a vape for new users to fear as I see it. Respect the hot parts of course, but it will definitely deliver the goods and be awfully 'user tolerant' in the process. Once a better technique is worked out (and maybe a lower power heater?) I'm sure it can be even more effective. I seriously doubt many would want to use it the way I just did for long, but IMO it says a lot about the machine that it can do it.

Suddenly TV's decision to end their old line long before these guys are ready makes more sense to me. They no doubt discovered in the development and prototype testing that they were on to a good thing. The old stuff, good as it is, will be basically rendered obsolete by Cera I think. They've got another winner going here, guys.

Now to do some poking around with to figure it out (if I can). Hopefully before the oil version is ready. Very exciting stuff. I'd like to say 'worth the wait' but that's a pretty subjective valuation....let's leave it at 'I expect most owners will consider it worth the wait'? It won't please all, but it should please most very much.

OF

Puffers

Micro-Climate Mastermind
I think percentage wise very little. But they 'make up for it with volume'. Overpowering the problem.

Then again, none of them seems to be complaining very loud? They just seem to smile a lot and do it again later......

OF

Ya me too I am thinking the larger the dab the smaller the absorption efficiency. I speculate this may be from vapor particles condensing into larger and larger particles of vapor as the vapor increases exponentially to the air ratio in a given volume of space. This is evidenced by large deposits of reclaim after just a single larger dab. Most likely I think some of those 300+mg dabs probably have have absorbtion efficiency numbers smaller then combustion (if that makes sense) What I find interesting though is that my high is different when I am cloud chasing which I have tendency to do because I medicate in brief periods of time, then when I am more sipping like from my MFLB. I dont really seem to "break through" to my comfortably medicated plateu without a lot of work. The high seems to peak higher for me but doesn't last as long when I am cloud chasing is the easiest way to put it I guess.

Puffers,

OF

Pretty damn cool that they didn't muzzle you about the broken part. Quick question,when carrying in the pocket,does the side switch seem obtrusive at all?

Oh,thanks for putting your time travel research on hold....gotta have priorities right?

Yeah, it says a lot about their confidence in the product for sure. Good folks, 'the real deal' as they say. IMO they're not in it for the money....

I was surprised the button doesn't seem to be much of a problem. I was sure it was going to hang up or something. Even in a front pants pocket it's just a big fairly heavy thing. I took my keys and pocket knife out of the one I normally carry them in (can't have Cera messing them up.....) and carried it around with no troubles. I tend to wear loose pants with large pockets, some might be an issue. I also tried it in a coat pocket, even the funny pocket you reach through to the inside was no problem. It's just not like the new Vapor Blunt for instance. Or a Solo for that matter (basically the same size).

Yeah, I didn't want to suspend the other research, but I figured this would be a lousy time to get caught up in some cross dimensional rift shifting between parallel realities. I'll hang here for a bit. Thanks for the concern.

I may want to restart it when this slows down. I was thinking about going forward a while and see if the price on the Cera comes down some. Might bring a few back......

Ya me too I am thinking the larger the dab the smaller the absorption efficiency. I speculate this may be from vapor particles condensing into larger and larger particles of vapor as the vapor increases exponentially to the air ratio in a given volume of space.

Funny, I had the same thought in slightly different terms. We get as many inches of rainfall but it comes in hailstones rather than snow..... Put that same 300mg into 100 Omicron hits of 3mg each, or load your DART and run it dry half a dozen times and you'll get an entirely different result I think.

OF

" Thank you" doesn't even begin to tell you what your presence here means,so an all-caps THANK YOU! will have to do for now.
On a side note,it means A LOT to me that some of My Fellow Americans have jobs thanks to your stance on not farming-out the work to some far-east labor farm. Sorry China,these jobs stay here!
Thanks again guys. Something tells me you're gonna be responsible for quite a few Merry-Christmases around here!
OF,

There is an additional feature to the Cera that I forgot to mention. You may have noticed there is a bit of play (y-axis if she was standing on end and upright) with the mouthpiece. Meaning we built in 1.5mm of "travel" in the mouthpiece, so it can be slightly pulled out, or slightly pushed in. Or pushed in and then pulled out for a little tamping action. This will not have a huge factor in the draw. However there are some subtle benefits of this feature.

Also of note, with the mouthpiece removed, the opening to the Cera Top Cap is exactly 1/2 inch. This is part of our goal of making a more open source/open platform vaporizer (i.e. common dimensions/thread patterns etc.). We have done this to allow people who wish to further customize or modify their final vapor path, the most flexibility possible. The Outside Diameter of the Cera is also Exactly 1" so endless options from Colored Silicon tubing to "Skin" the Cera, to many storage options are available, off the shelf.

For the die hard modder there are many more features to the Cera that were built with them in mind. We also firmly believe that by building the device around common/industry standards we have built some serious longevity into the platform.

It has been a serious push for us. We are continuing forward and on track for shipping our limited number of pre-holiday Cera's. Essential Oil Cart is coming very soon. All Stainless parts are cut and finished, titanium is more time consuming and difficult to machine but it is being done as well. US sourced Titanium mostly goes to Aerospace, Medical Implant, and Military applications, these are some serious vaporizer parts we are making.

We appreciate your support and the support from the entire forum community. We feel that if you look at what we have done with the Cera, it was in direct response to your feedback and requests. We have done everything we possible could to delivery substantial improvements in every area of our vaporizers.

We will do our best to have a presence on the forum, Tim who may of you know will be in and out for a little while as he takes care of some important family matters. The rest of us will do our best to be here on the forum in his absence.

A quick note on pricing and discounts. We will NOT be selling any of the Cera Vaporizers in Stainless Steel to distributors or retailers. This is not because we have problems with any of the great companies who have distributed or retailed our products in the past. We simply cannot afford to sell the Cera to other resellers because there is not enough mark-up in the device. We cannot afford to sell the Cera for any less then what we retail it for directly.

This allows us to deliver the most value possible out of a device. It is not a great business model if we wanted to get rich selling these Cera's (luckily we do not need to sell that many devices to stay in business, efficiency has it's perks, and the owner's work for free).

However it is the only business model that allows us to build a vaporizer this high quality and sell it for less then $500 (our first cost estimates put the Cera ate >$750 just to make). However as a company we have made a fundamental commitment that we would rather build fewer vaporizers, then sacrifice quality or innovation. We do not need to be the most popular, we just need to know we are delivering the safest, highest quality products we possibly can. When you purchase a Cera, what you paid for is actually sitting in your hand. The materials the Cera's are made from are extraordinarily expensive, and American Sourced high grade Stainless Steel and Titanium are not cheap either. We have pulled off some magic tricks to deliver what could of easily been a vaporizer the retailed for $1,000. We leveraged everything we have learned from years of vaporizer manufacturing to pull this off, we almost couldn't do it, it was not easy.

We do want people to know that instead of paying for mark-up, profits margins, and advertising budgets, when you buy a Cera you pay for exceptional materials and the time and care it takes someone to hand build and assemble each device. It is a huge financial sacrifice for us (at least for the foreseeable future) to do this, however we do believe that if we deliver exceptional quality that people an actually afford we will benefit in the long term.

I hope that explains the loss of our coupons and discounts. Basically we built in a huge discount by abandoning the margin in the device that would of allowed us to sell the devices to Distributors, Wholesaler, and retailers. If your waiting for the Stainless Steel Cera's to be coming to your other online sellers or retailers, they will not be.

We will likely have some Titanium Cera's available to some select retailers who we have established strong working relationships. We have to account for fluctuation n US sourced Titanium pricing, so we build in a margin to account for the volatility in the material pricing. This allows for a potential margin on the titanium Cera that may make it work retailers selling them, or maybe not. We will see.

For now we will have a few units that look like they will be shipping in early December (if they are available on the site, then that means we have them to ship in the first run, we plan on ending the pre-order once those Cera's are spoken for) it is possible we will have another batch finished before the holidays, we would have an additional pre-sale if we find out we can release those units before X-mas. Cera's are springing up around here so expect more videos, pictures, and some more test units being released. Major changes coming to the website as well in the next couple of days with a lot of additional info. We have a had an overwhelming response so far, thank you.

More video to come. Old School Thermovape stuff. General use, plus we will find out just how tough the ceramic is.

Thank you OF, and thank you again to everyone on the forum community.

Cheers,

Noah & Nate

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
We put the last remaining Revolution-LV Cartridges up on the site for sale, we had 50 or so that were held for an order that never closed.

Cheers,

Noah

And I nabbed one of them. Figured if I couldn't get the Revolution, the DART was just as good, and maybe even better what with the consistency of some of my stuff... definitely a good gesture, though.

Quetzalcoatl,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom