• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued Thermovape Cera (Original thread, closed because of chaos)

Status
Not open for further replies.

vapethefuture

I'm sorry, you're still missing my point it seems. I'm obviously not being clear enough. It doesn't matter that you can't find people suggesting a smaller bowl where you looked; customers either volunteered that suggestion or responded that way when asked for coments by TV. I frankly don't recall if I volunteered the suggestion or they asked specifically (I think I volunteered, I was an early Beta tester for various power cores for T1). The part you apparently missed was what I quoted above. The majority (if not all) those contributing opinions to the decision suggested reducing the size, we know this because Tim (their employee) told us so. Not because you can find or not find that information in the T1 thread.

But perhaps you didn't miss it after all and were just looking for a way to challenge their decision? If so I suspect your problem will be you're not privy to all of their communications. I know for sure at least one guy suggested it, 'cuz I'm him. I also suggested lots of other things they had the good sense to ignore.

OF
I guess your still missing my point. According to TV:

"We made the bowl approximately 20% smaller, this was due to the large number of suggestions by all of you our customers .....nearly everything about her is due to the suggestions of our loyal FC followers!"

Yet I can't find one person who requested a smaller bowl in any of the threads. I can only find people who liked the larger T1 bowl. Strange eh?

vapethefuture,

2clicker

Observer
Yawn.jpg

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Yet I can't find one person who requested a smaller bowl in any of the threads. I can only find people who liked the larger T1 bowl. Strange eh?
Not true. You just responded to the post of one. And that 'one' may walk softly, but he wields a rather large stick. :myday:

:peace:

Stu,
Reactions: OF

PB88123

Vaporist
I guess your still missing my point. According to TV:

"We made the bowl approximately 20% smaller, this was due to the large number of suggestions by all of you our customers .....nearly everything about her is due to the suggestions of our loyal FC followers!"

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/thermovape.4770/page-112#post-211244

Question for everyone,

How do you pack your bowls, do you only put a few points in or do you load it up tight?

And do you notice any combustion with either?
I usually fill the bowl slightly over halfway and very loose. I never noticed it combust.

I usually load about 125 mg, most of the way up but still loose. Lately I've been putting a fine mesh screen on top of that with some success.

If I stir, no burning issues, but I can get 'tracking' it a few hits If I don't stir, and am sure I could combust on demand.

OF

In reference to Tim's question:

I load mine just ever so slightly under full. Essentially I try to avoid having the herb pile over the bowl, i keep it level with that as a reference. I have combusted once using my TV, but it was when I first got it...

If my memory serves me correctly I had packed the bowl over the top lip, packed it down slightly, and then added some kief on top. Last time I ever did that for sure!

^^^ That's awesome weedemon!

@TCTim
I load about 70-80% full, lightly packed at most. I have reached combustion a few times in the past, and I believe that was due to long pre-heat times and a super fine grind.

Edit: I haven't added any screens to my bowl, once I switched to a medium grind I have had significantly less clogging issues.
This is actually a very interesting question. I have been experimenting on just how little I can put in and still get reasonable hits. Been trying to match the quantity with a full battery life. Seems about 1/2 full seems to hit the mark for that goal. Also, the lower you go the quicker the herb preheat hit starts.
I load my up about 80% full, not packed at all. Use a medium grind.

This can be taken as some people don't use 20% of the T1 bowl.

fake name

Does the bowl beinging smaller have any effect on the efficiency? Or, at least, the evenness of the vaporization? I know a lot of people didn't like to stir, and I think OF has said it needs less stirring now. If the smaller size is part of a more even vaporization, then that is requested in many places I can remember.

fake name,

PB88123

Vaporist
Does the bowl beinging smaller have any effect on the efficiency? Or, at least, the evenness of the vaporization? I know a lot of people didn't like to stir, and I think OF has said it needs less stirring now. If the smaller size is part of a more even vaporization, then that is requested in many places I can remember.

I know with the T1 I never packed the load down due to having to shake / stir the load. If the Cera indeed does not need a stir I would feel comfortable packing / pushing in more herb and inhaling a little harder. One may be able to fit the same amount if not more into the Cera LL even though it may be a smaller bowl.

YeeeBuddy

I think i remember from watching the videos that it is supposed to vape evenly without having to stir. Not sure if making the chamber smaller was how they achieved this.

Edit: If you watch the Cera LL videos on youtube he seems to pack the chamber pretty good.

YeeeBuddy,

mollee

Watched that vid that @PB88123 posted.

Holy fuck, is that guy a Navy Seal or something? I couldn't even hold my breath for as long as he'd be drawing on the Cera!

I must be outta shape, lol.

mollee,
Reactions: Gammy

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
I'm sorry, you're still missing my point it seems. I'm obviously not being clear enough. It doesn't matter that you can't find people suggesting a smaller bowl where you looked; customers either volunteered that suggestion or responded that way when asked for coments by TV. I frankly don't recall if I volunteered the suggestion or they asked specifically (I think I volunteered, I was an early Beta tester for various power cores for T1). The part you apparently missed was what I quoted above. The majority (if not all) those contributing opinions to the decision suggested reducing the size, we know this because Tim (their employee) told us so. Not because you can find or not find that information in the T1 thread.

But perhaps you didn't miss it after all and were just looking for a way to challenge their decision? If so I suspect your problem will be you're not privy to all of their communications. I know for sure at least one guy suggested it, 'cuz I'm him. I also suggested lots of other things they had the good sense to ignore.

OF

I only clicked like cause of the last sentence:rofl:

Dreamerr,

jwill

Hey there . Is anyone from Australia or another country with a 220 volt power supply? If so how do you plan on getting this to work as the charger is 120 volts. I'm considering power converters but am unsure how many watts it needs to be. Cheers

jwill,

TheRobbo

I am near Melbourne and have a pre-order including a charger and after a little research found the charger is auto voltage meaning it will work on both 120 and 240 volt. You will however need a US to Aus plug converter, should be able to pick one up at ur local supermarket.

jwill

Awesome, thanks for the quick reply TheRobbo! If thats the case it's a bit bizarre that they only have it listed as 120 volts on the pre order page. Cheers

jwill,

xclarryx

so i own a pax and have the cera in the back of my mind but am too skeptical AS OF RIGHT NOW to place a preorder, but that doesn't mean my opinion won't sway once the first batch comes out as long as the reviews seem to be good.

please forgive me for not reading through 108 pages about a vaporizer i am slightly interested in, but what is the main difference between the $499 titanium model and the $249 stainless steel model?

xclarryx,

TheRobbo

Main difference is durability against corrosion, suggested if you live by the sea or spend a lot of time camping and the such. Ti version is a few ounces lighter as well. Apart from that nothing apparently taste and production are unaffected, oh yeah and the fact that every one knows that Ti just looks so much Cooler than SS (ahh if only I could have stretched that little further, on second thoughts at least I know my SS version should be shipping soon, no news on Ti progress).

@ Jwill
Yes a bit odd but I guess with the main target market being mmj patients in the states there is no need to clutter the Web site with extraneous info, which was only a google away.

TheRobbo,

OF

Yes, it absolutely does. That's the point, really. The improved shape is really more important than the size I think. T1 tends to 'track' hot air straight up through the load, leaving a annular ring at the top ('corner') of the bowl. T1 users know this if they've ever picked a load apart part way through. This is why you need to stir. By 'cutting the corners out' this is stopped.

I know with the T1 I never packed the load down due to having to shake / stir the load. If the Cera indeed does not need a stir I would feel comfortable packing / pushing in more herb and inhaling a little harder. One may be able to fit the same amount if not more into the Cera LL even though it may be a smaller bowl.

This is definitely in play, it's on the list of things to do to get 'bigger clouds' along with fine grind, lots of heat, and long draws packing it firm is part of the list of keys to the castle. With the new configuration we can do all that.

I think i remember from watching the videos that it is supposed to vape evenly without having to stir. Not sure if making the chamber smaller was how they achieved this.

Edit: If you watch the Cera LL videos on youtube he seems to pack the chamber pretty good.

Yes, indeed he does.......and it works.

If folks will think back to the Evolution you'll see that product was a test of this idea. The bowl is straight sided and smaller. The power was therefore reduced yielding longer run times (more hits) with the same battery.....stuff we were asking for.

And insulation on the bowl was radically improved on Cera just like it was in Evolution. Holding heat in the bowl turns out to be a clear winner if you're not in there messing with it all the time.

"Be careful what you ask for....."?

OF

Medical Mark

Regardless of what it is SS or TI its medical grade anyway so it has to be able to stand up to moisture and corrosion so IMO there both as good weight a none issue really will you notice the difference?.
Anyway I was watching the videos of the cera last night then took a couple bowls to the Solo which IMO is probably smaller then the Cera LL cart for sure and a full stem at 5 doesn't compare to what I see n the videos and 4 sessions my battery needs to be recharged. I guessing I get 6 to 12 small decent hits or 6 to 8 ? Hard to say it varies on herb moister ect but all in all compared to the videos I still think the Cera LL is getting a bad rap it seems to produce huge clouds of vapor in comparison to the Solo and people are sold on this pop can vape.
I mainly bought the Cera with the LL cart in mind due to the fact that I grow my own medicine MMAR ca holder Canada and have a abundance of dry herb but after seeing that EO cart in action I thought I have to try this cart also(my gpen dies monthly) piece of ... And started making some essentail oils from some of my dry herb. It's been sitting on the shelf now for 3 1/2 weeks in anticipation for the big day so I could effectively use the LL/EO carts.
10 grams has turned into 6 grams now it was killing me to just look at it sitting in my vape room so now I have to make some more today. Honey oil to bee extract lol.
Watching Noah use the EO cart and seeing the efficiency of the unit was very outstanding none to compare IMO and same with the LL very impressive, now if the same amount of time and attention had been given to the LL cart I think people would be even more impressed. Now being that most people use dry herb due to the cost of oils and the quantity of plant material needed to make them causes people shy away from them even never being able to try essential oils at all in some cases as have read in some posts along the way on FC.
Technique and familiarity will compliment the Cera LL when mastering its vapor curve remember ou are the control the computer that's missing the circuit board with out you there's no vapor but with power of your lungs and the on/off switch huge clouds are possible withe Cera LL I would bet my health on it and I am use a lot of medicines not just cannabis and yes I smoke cigs which. Want to quit through vaping my meds when I crave since e liquids a not sold here in alberta, here in canada so I'm finding a other way I can't use anti. Smoking meds on too many allready so this will be my soure to quit cigarettes too using the Cera LL cart when ever I crave a smoke ill do my meds with Cera LL.
This thing will work so well on so many levels so many applications I can't wait soon next week I hope.
Sorry for the long post got carried away in my thoughts.

Bluntcrush

Director of Vapor Research Labs™

ictus

I agree with mollee on the video. His first hit was 20 seconds, and the next few hits are between 30 and 40 seconds. Insane. To me, 10 seconds is a long hit on most vapes. After a 10 second hit, I barely have enough volume left to clear a medium sized waterpipe, so anything more is wasted.

Even his "short and hard" inhalation was 15 seconds, still really really long.

Currently I used the INH004 alot and I get dense vapor after only 3-5 second pulls.

OF, can you confirm if that's possible? Is the guy in the video just taking such long pulls for style? I'm curious what its like with really short 3-5 seconds inhales.

OF

It seems that Cera can produce as good or BETTER than other portables out there. The important key to this is learning the right draw technique to get those fatty clouds. (Most users would not need clouds this dense to medicate) so there you have it...

Spot on! I think this sums it up very well as I see it. Especially the "Most users would not need clouds this dense to medicate" part.

Thanks very much. I hope it answers the question? "as good or BETTER than other portables out there" sounds like about all a guy could really expect.......

OF, can you confirm if that's possible? Is the guy in the video just taking such long pulls for style? I'm curious what its like with really short 3-5 seconds inhales.

I'm not sure what you're asking. This is a convection vape, are you asking can you get vapor without transferring hot air up to the load to bring it to working temperate first? Of course not. While the need for strictly defined steps is not as great as with T1 or Evolution, it's still very real. You need to heat the core (Step 1), take enough steady pulls to transfer enough heat to the bowl to get a solid 'test puff' (Step 2) before you get a useful hit (Step 3). That hit can be as long or short as you want. Thick or thin, your call. Cera keeps temperature better (insulation) so following hits are easier to pull off but you can't turn it on, get a hit in a few seconds and turn it off.

Flash Vape might be your best tool there at present?

OF

hektik8625

I cant wait for cera.

I own a persei along with some of its attachments, I am watching the cera very close and have been very close to ordering but still can't get the money together for cera and can't decide if I should do it. .

I've been wondering how cera performs side by side with a persei and how does it compare?

Maybe OF can chime in on this?
I just sold my persei and herc, and hammer, and so stoked! Their customer service sucked for me, plus everything i got from them had issues!!! wish I never supported that co, ill stick with my nail and dome, with HAKKO , until I start seeing reviews on the cera from fc users... It looks promising but trying not to blow my money on junk!

OF

ill stick with my nail and dome, with HAKKO , until I start seeing reviews on the cera from fc users... It looks promising but trying not to blow my money on junk!

Being a cautious consumer is good thinking IMO. What that means depends on the individual, his (or her) needs, wants, ability to take risks, and so on.

Hopefully you won't have to wait much longer to get lots of first hand user reports.....there seems to be a fair number of volunteers standing by for that duty?

OF

Gammy

Gammy's getting upset!
Watched that vid that @PB88123 posted.

Holy fuck, is that guy a Navy Seal or something? I couldn't even hold my breath for as long as he'd be drawing on the Cera!

Me neither... and that is my ONLY problem with the Evo actually, I get out of breath trying to make big clouds. But I don't think it was designed for that though. When I don't focus on super hits and just breath normally, the vapor is really subtle and oh so soft, and it gets me high which is the goal right? I think stealth was their goal with the Evo.

But I do like super hits, I think we all do. The heat up of the herb is where work needs to be done I think. And we want clean heat up, not with a fan or conduction, so maybe there could be a design where you just shake the device slowly in your hands to heat up the herb with air that would flow through carefully placed holes? That way when you're ready to puff the hit would be instantaneous and MASSIVE.

Cera 2.0

Gammy,

Vapzilla

But I do like super hits, I think we all do. The heat up of the herb is where work needs to be done I think. And we want clean heat up, not with a fan or conduction, so maybe there could be a design where you just shake the device slowly in your hands to heat up the herb with air that would flow through carefully placed holes? That way when you're ready to puff the hit would be instantaneous and MASSIVE.

Cera 2.0

Sounds like someone else looking for a FlashVape!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom