• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued Thermovape Cera (Original thread, closed because of chaos)

Status
Not open for further replies.

OF

OF do you know what has been compromised, what parts are different and are being made to work even though there not fitting right ?

No, I'm sorry I don't know any more than you do. I'm reading the same post here so we both have the same information. No, that's not really right. You seem to know that there's been some kind of compromise. How is it you know it's a compromise? Let alone how it's "again altered,compromised, slapped together, rigged to work a good enough product for those who preorder", I guess I missed the other times TV has done this?

I don't recall any half measures in their past.

What I do have is a sincere belief that they will not be shipping any sub standard product. If they have to modify their assembly but stay within their "original to the schematic plans" I'm already on record as thinking that sort of stuff is their business.....and I still understand many feel entitled to details of their business I don't so we don't have to hash that part over again? As FN points out, other makers would not be this up front......and I can easily demonstrate why.....

So, no I don't know what's going on really. IMO it's not important. I too have faith that they're not pulling a fast one.....and if they were they surely wouldn't give you a heads up......

OF

BlueCloud

Any changes to the Cera are only treated as an improvement, we will not push them out just to get them out. We want every single Cera to be the best we can build with the best possible materials and parts.

we probably could have got them out earlier if we wanted to sacrifice quality... But that is something that we just WONT DO!

Tim

Thank You! I think most people will be happy in the long run when they realize this.

harmudge

I agree with most of what you have said above OF but I disagree on some points.

I agree that we all laid down our cash for a pre-order product and that shipping dates etc can change but if this was a manufacturer/retailer of some other product...just say an ipod for example, I would expect Apple to keep me up to date on any delays to shipping and any modifications/work arounds/adjustments etc to the product that I had originally handed over my cash to buy....because at the end of the day I have paid these people for a product that I still haven't received or have any idea of when I will receive it and when it comes it may not even be completely the same product I thought I was buying in the first place.
Here in the U.K we have a government organisation called Trading Standards who are set up to protect the general public from retailers who do things like this....ship out goods that are not fully as described.

I've sent my e-mail off to TET now anyway asking to cancel my order.

fake name

Apple may not be as up front as you seem to think... I know people who use an iphone and sync it to a Pc. But there has been a problem with downloading the newer version of itunes onto windows 7 where the mobile device function file does not transfer. So the Pc will not recognize an iWhatever. On apples site it does not acknowledge this problem anywhere, but does say itunes will work fine on windows 7. The only place it is talked about is on apple forums, but it is not mentioned by apple anywhere. Just one example...

harmudge

I was just merely using Apple as a company name that all would recognise....god Apple's probably worse than TET, but that was the first name that came into my mind.

harmudge,

Medical Mark

I'm not trying to be malicious sorry if I sound that way OF I agree I have o business in there business just wondering what that update was referring to still don't know Tim said its a improvement and that's that's good enough for me. I do believe TET would not send out a product that is substandard or compromise slap stuff together just a play on words a ramble that's all I impatient and anxious to use this device that's all.
Please don't take any offence TET I am totally sold on the Cera, obviously I preodered one and added and added again to make my Cera meat my needs and wants.
I was in the the head shock here in Canada today a thermovape ti $300 Canadian, I can't go wrong with the cera price point and versatility.
I'm totally looking forward to breaking the Cera In.

Medical Mark,
Reactions: OF

YeeeBuddy

Hell Yea just put in my order for my Cera EO(AKA CEO), I guess its still a pre order since they arent shipping? I am almost glad i didnt pre order weeks ago and have that agonizing wait. I'm already anxious to get it and i just ordered the damn thing. Hopefully since I'm in cali when they finally do ship it should get here pretty quick. Ugh i have faith in the TET guys but these next few weeks are gonna go by so SLOOWWWWW.

harmudge

Mark, in a way you do have business in their business....not how it's ran or anything but these guy's have your cash but you don't have their product....for all you know Noah and Co could be sunning it up in Tahiti with your cash and have no intention of ever sending you your Cera.
The way I see it you have every right to ask questions and be impatient until you receive their product we are now a long way from December the 10th 2012 and still nothing, even although a couple of days prior to the 10th all the stock was supposed to be in and all TET was waiting on was the finalisation of the skins and the battery's.

Gammy

Gammy's getting upset!
Any changes to the Cera are only treated as an improvement, we will not push them out just to get them out. We want every single Cera to be the best we can build with the best possible materials and parts.

classic_600.jpg

PB88123

Vaporist
Sounds like the part is what the switch screws onto. In the future other switches can be used thanks to this improvement.

PB88123,

OF

I've sent my e-mail off to TET now anyway asking to cancel my order.

I think that's a good call. They're not going anywhere hard to find, the price isn't going up for a while (or so they say) and by the time it's stable (I'd expect several weeks still?) you can be enjoying lower blood pressure and perhaps find a better option. Keep lurking, perhaps you'll be in the market when they're 'off the shelf'. Maybe you'll find a better vape (I'm feeling kinda excited about the Flash Vape for flat out power, just got mine, gotta play more)?

Regards,

OF

Gammy

Gammy's getting upset!
I'm sure that if the pre-orders are sent at the same time as new purchases, TV will add some goodies to compensate the pre-orderers ;)

Gammy,
Reactions: OF

vapethefuture

I'm sure that if the pre-orders are sent at the same time as new purchases, TV will add some goodies to compensate the pre-orderers ;)
No they have already stated the only advantage of a preorder is having it before everyone else.

vapethefuture,

OF

No they have already stated the only advantage of a preorder is having it before everyone else.

Boy, I sure didn't take that away from that. IIRC the question was about price? I don't know about you, but I sure don't want them to feel restrained in giving freebies to whomever they wish any time they feel like it.

OF

mmenzie

My friends call me "Menz"

it's true. I was one of the people that asked "what is the advantage of pre-ordering" in one of my questions awhile back. and they replied stating the only advantage to the pre-order was getting it before anyone else

***just found it. here in thermovape's reply he addresses my question about the advantage to the pre-sale***

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/thermovape-cera.7504/page-71#post-309931

vapethefuture

Boy, I sure didn't take that away from that. IIRC the question was about price? I don't know about you, but I sure don't want them to feel restrained in giving freebies to whomever they wish any time they feel like it.

OF

From the source

We are going to transition directly from a pre-sale, to just selling. The only thing making this a pre-sale is that we are not shipping the Cera's for another week or so. Once the parts land, we are just selling. We will provide as constant a stream of Cera's to as many people who want them. If you order a Cera on Christmams Eve 12/24, it it will ship 12/26-12/27 etc. We will back to a 24-48 hour turn-around from order to ship (unless there is some laser etching work that is custom).

We will be seriously geared up for New years. Always a good opportunity for us to try and reach out to poeple smoking cigaretts and let them know we are a potential alternative, that we think would be highly effective in helping them never smoke again.

vapethefuture,

vapethefuture

Sorry, I still don't see any obligation for them to not give out freebies. A free gift is just that. Given that they're later than they'd hoped they might just do that. And I see no sin at all in that.

OF
Well then they would be going back on their word.

vapethefuture,

vapethefuture

Got your opinion, thanks. I just don't share it.

OF

An opinion is a belief that is considered to be subjective. Nothing about this is subjective. They said there would be no advantage to the pre-sale other than receiving your device first. If they give free stuff to pre-sale purchasers than by definition they would be going back on their word. Not an opinion. Just simple fact.

vapethefuture,

GR

Well then they would be going back on their word.
An optimistic Internet post is their word? Their word is the pre-order disclaimer/agreement all that clicked and paid agreed to.

I feel for Tim, all he did was come here the last time to inform us since the place was ready to explode with negativity to explain, then a steady stream of negativity because he did explain. You just can't win sometimes!

This isn't some established bands pre-order on iTunes, ever wonder why they don't pre-order ever band for those buyers that want to be the first? Fans would be lost because the dates would not be met. I wonder if TV is regretting this, I doubt it.

An opinion is a belief that is considered to be subjective. Nothing about this is subjective. They said there would be no advantage to the pre-sale other than receiving your device first. If they give free stuff to pre-sale purchasers than by definition they would be going back on their word. Not an opinion. Just simple fact.

And I am sure people would bitch for going back on their word.

vapethefuture

An optimistic Internet post is their word? Their word is the pre-order disclaimer/agreement all that clicked and paid agreed to.

I feel for Tim, all he did was come here the last time to inform us since the place was ready to explode with negativity to explain, then a steady stream of negativity because he did explain. You just can't win sometimes!

This isn't some established bands pre-order on iTunes, ever wonder why they don't pre-order ever band for those buyers that want to be the first? Fans would be lost because the dates would not be met. I wonder if TV is regretting this, I doubt it.
I feel bad for all the hard working people who paid $300+ for a device they were assured would be shipped out a month ago.

fake name

If TET wants to throw in a gift, I certainly wouldn't be complaining about it. And if they don't, wouldn't complain about that since I haven't expected one.

I already am getting a second battery and they said they have upgraded my shipping to expediated shipping. I am still very satisfied with TET, though my patience may be because I have the REV to get me by. I know they have delivered for me already, I trust they will again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom