1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.

Thermovape Cera (Original thread, closed because of chaos)

Discussion in 'Portable Vaporizers' started by SameOldTim, Nov 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gammy

Gammy Gammy's getting upset!

I also vape loose leaf tobacco (that I grew myself btw). The smell/taste is fresh and light. Not at all like smoking.

I was never able to achieve good tobacco vapor with the Evo though. I find it takes more sustained heat than the Evo is capable of. The gn0me works best for tobacco imo. I build up a heat core in the tobacco and I'm able to get several puffs just with that heated core. It vapes differently than weed and produces less vapor.

2. fake name

fake name Well-Known Member

Smell, that depends drastically on the oil being used. Some oils have VERY strong odors, others have very little odors. Some smell exactly like the buds but stronger, while others have a light spicy scent that few would associate with weed at all.

Also, you may want to re-check the forum rules, I don't think it is smiled upon to be talking about using a vape to hide from your parents.

Bluntcrush and OF like this.
  3. mestizo

mestizo Well-Known Member

I have a similar question in regards to the Tetra Labs Gold. I have heard that it doesn't smell other than citrus and another smell I can't think of and that's because it is added to the final product. Gold happens to be an EO available everywhere around where I live, so if somebody could chime in it will be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks.

4. Porquiplane

Porquiplane Look Into My Eyes

Gold doesnt smell. If it does it is a mildly citric in smell. Gold is well worth the try. Never used anything but the Gold and home-brew. Gold is more consistent than anything with all its features. The orange is the one and only smell. Wont smell like anything else.

mestizo likes this.
  5. Quetzalcoatl

Quetzalcoatl SPACE GOD 宇宙

d-limonene, responsible for the citrus smell iirc

smokum and mestizo like this.
  6. mestizo

mestizo Well-Known Member

Thanks a lot Porquiplane and Quetzalcoatl for a quick response.I'll try some soon.
    Mestizo.

7. YeeeBuddy

YeeeBuddy Well-Known Member

Lol I'm 25 , my parents are fully aware I have my med license/smoke. Doesn't mean I like to smoke in front of them or where they are gonna have to smell it. So I should have been more clear, I'm not a highschooler trying to hide something from my parents, just trying to be a respectfull son.

8. Haywood

Haywood Onward Thru the Fog

YeeeBuddy & mestizo: Let me make it three. I vape PG and it's the only thing that no one ever smells. As a test when I first got some PG, I exhaled a huge cloud into a friend's face, (it looked like a cheech and chong movie; his entire head was engulfed), and he said it smelled a little like a man's aftershave or a woman's cologne, and he would never guess someone was smoking weed. My friend is an occasional smoker, and is well aware of what every variety (weed, hash, etc) smells like (if for no other reason than he often sits next to me at work).

newVaper420, mestizo, NoName and 2 others like this.
  9. odogg

odogg Elevate.

I cant wait for cera.

I own a persei along with some of its attachments, I am watching the cera very close and have been very close to ordering but still can't get the money together for cera and can't decide if I should do it. .

I've been wondering how cera performs side by side with a persei and how does it compare?

Maybe OF can chime in on this?

10. OF

OF Well-Known Member

Not even close. Some (few?) might favor Bender on Persei to the LL Cera, the cloud chasers in the group, but that's the only point I think Persei has any advantage.

For more routine (under half a gram at a crack) loads of Bud or oil, Cera hands down. It also does a bang up job with bubble (the LL version), something D9 has no option for as yet.

OF

odogg, NoName and Darb like this.
  11. odogg

odogg Elevate.

How's vapor production and taste?

12. JoeKickass

JoeKickass Well-Known Member

Taste is the big question, from the videos we've seen I don't anyone would be wanting for production...

newVaper420, odogg and NoName like this.
  13. Dreamerr

Dreamerr Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀

So as I see this cera is number one in EO but on par with other vapes with LL from reading. Only time will tell but so far this is what it seems to be. For those who juice we still know nothing but my guess is since the TET guys juice my guess is that that will preform as well as the EO. I wish the LL would have been better and it still may be but it doesn't seem so.

I can't wait till next week or the week after to see all of you reviewing them. Please remember if you do reviews to tell us if you are using water or no water which matters to a lot of us.

newVaper420, OF, mmenzie and 2 others like this.
  14. vorrange

vorrange Well-Known Member

I agree with everything you said, but i don't understand why you think the LL could be better? What would you improve? Apart from battery constraints i don't see any flaws in their design so far.

NoName and OF like this.
  15. kevin

kevin Well-Known Member

Vapor production is great! As for the flavor, I have never started out with a clean fresh Cera, it had already been loaded and used. So for flavor I can say it didn't really change as I smoked, I mean it didn't start tasting bunrt or old and was good for Co2 extract. I would like to try it clean w/some nice wax that will be the taste test for me. Maybe this weekend.
    Kevin

newVaper420, NoName and OF like this.
  16. jambandphan03

jambandphan03 Vapor Goddess

Well, as soon as I have one in my hand, I will be on here giving my experiences, dry and wet :lol: I feel the LL cart might be getting a little too much downplay just because the EO cart was so impressive and there was not as much attention given to the LL cart. I could be wrong, but I have a feeling the LL cart is going to rock it. I have been running my T1 off and on while waiting for all of this to unfold, and if the LL outperforms the T1( on a good charge ), then I will be happy enough!

17. Dreamerr

Dreamerr Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀

I don't see flaws either but it will be the same as others that is all I said. Nothing bad or good about it just same. So if you have others and don't want EO there is not a big reason to get the cera as far as I can see just yet. There might be other reasons to get it and time will tell on that. I am a leaf person since that is all I have ever used. I hope to one day do that oil stuff you all rave about.

It wasn't a knock on cera at all so I don't know why you took it that way. It is clear that the EO cart out performs others and that is all I was saying...ll same eo better.

I don't want to put words in OF's mouth so I apologize in advance but I read it as it is same as others.

18. vorrange

vorrange Well-Known Member

I agree, no major improvements compared to others. The biggest advantage imo is it is nearly indestructible and it should last more years than most of the vaporizers out there.
    The flavour should be as good as glass, provided a good convection is achievable which considering the older T1, i think it will be even better.

The battery is its biggest drawback compared to others.

NoName and OF like this.
  19. OF

OF Well-Known Member

I really like the LL Cera, I see several real improvements over T1 which I like and have been beat to death. It holds a modest amount of herb, even less than T1 at our request, so it's guaranteed to be panned by the cloud chasers.

They will, I think, be much happier loading six or seven times more herb in a Bender and dealing with the short battery life in quest of yet bigger clouds. And more power to 'em.

Otherwise IMO, if you liked T1 or Evolution, you'll love LL Cera.

OF

NoName and BSF33 like this.
  20. AirDru

AirDru Well-Known Member

I Dunno man. The LL vids seems to produce more vapor than Other portables I've used. Granted my portable experience is limited to mflb, io lite, and a few cheap Chinese Vape pens.

I'm stoked to get the LL cart. Once I became an nail head, smoking just started to taste terrible. Bowls are out of the question nowadays. I will only smoke herb if its rolled.

I'm looking forward to enjoying herb again.

Tom Funk, jambandphan03 and OF like this.
  21. iamn3ko

iamn3ko Well-Known Member

The LL looks great, vapor production and everything, I think it's more appealing to me personally because of the user controlled heating, it's that learning curve people will have to get over. But I have a feeling it'll be mastered pretty quick, and it'll be awesome, this will be my everyday, all day, where ever, take it with me anywhere I go device. And I don't use oils all day, just LL, oils mainly at night after work (approximately around 7:10 or so ;))

I originally ordered the Cera just for the LL and I use plenty of oils/waxes, I then decided to add my EO core.

And like what Jam said, the LL is getting too much down play because the CEO blew everything else out of the water.

Wait for the reviews on LL, I'm sure they'll be fantastic. Maybe well even get a few different voltage LL cores for picky people ;)

Dreamerr, Tom Funk, OF and 1 other person like this.
  22. vapethefuture

vapethefuture New Member

I have read the entire Thermovape T1 thread and didn't see any posts about people wanting a smaller bowl, quite the opposite actually. Most cited the larger bowl of the T1 as an advantage over the EVO.

23. Medical Mark

Medical Mark Well-Known Member

I also think that the Cera LL is getting a bad rap here, I have much experience with portable vapes newest being a plenty not a real portable unit but it passes for me now being that it supposed to be like its sister V I really not impressed as far as looking at vapor production the Cera LL videos in my opinion destroy the plenty into plenty disappointing $350 vaporizer I've ever had I also own a iolite, mflb, vapor genie, vapir one, solo, gpen, and in my opinion they all fall short in comparison with the videos of the Cera LL.
    Now that being said my vapor genie being the simplest vape which you regulate the temp with a heat source(flame) gives me great big clouds but needs learning curve so you can regulate the flame to give the right amount of heat just long enough so it does not starte to combust the down fall but if you know your pipe it becomes a none issue you know the taste smell yu just know when it's done or burnt too hot ect.
    I think the Cera LL in a lot of ways will be that way once you get into using it you'll learn how to operate it toits full potential you control the heat and the flow of air releasing it so you are actually the only piee of this vaporizer that will interfere with the vapor this Cera LL produces. I believe this vaporizer will be spot on and produce great vapor. Most people here in Canada use herb to medicate I am exempted so I grow my own and make EO also spin this way I'm not concerned ill use both carts effectively but to be honest I have bigger supply of herb which will be used in this Cera LL on a daily basis but essentail oils are waiting and ill make some more when I get this little lady.
    I hope it is released soon with all the working resolved, it will be awesome I'm sure of it.
    Happy New Year FC

Tom Funk, nopartofme and OF like this.
  24. OF

OF Well-Known Member

Well you missed it somehow, one of the common requests for the T1 was a smaller bowl for faster times, and getting rid of the stirring requirement and the 'tracking' though the load if you didn't stir enough. You'll note TV has said as much several times in this thread IIRC?

I get it that such a change is not the sort of thing recreational users are looking for ( at least often, sometimes it's a sought after feature.....), but please remember, recreational users are not the target customer. It's nice when they find it useful tool as well of course, but first and foremost the focus of TV is on the serious medical users. They were responding to ability to deal with the T1 with compromised hands and wrists (a big issue) as a theme though the transition as well. The switch changes, removal of threaded connections, longer battery life, non plugging screen as well as the bowl changes all serve that end. Too bad it got heavier in the process, that will I think be an issue for some?

OF

Tom Funk, Dreamerr and vorrange like this.
  25. AirDru

AirDru Well-Known Member

what i like about the LL core is that its made of that ceramic. i wouldnt have a problem torching that thing like noah did. watching the resin drip out was sweet.

not sure if im gonna torch my SS EO core yet. im sure i probably will at some point. part of me wants to upgrade the eo cart to titanium just for cleaning purposes. it will be interesting to see how the metals in these cores will hold up over repeated torch cleanings.

Experience likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors