Discontinued The Sublimator

grokit

well-worn member
Okay I believe you guys, kill-a-watt incoming as well as those little spoons. It seems like we could easily mark the sweet spot though.

Are you guys setting the sub at full power and then dialing it down with the kaw?

grokit,
Reactions: Brayden

Monsoon

Thanks for the replies Brayden. That's the main reason I got the kit--as much as I love my glass and pulling through water it's all about the reclaim.

Bummer about them having 2 different sizes; I guess when you order the se kit you get 14mm because that's what the tube setup is, so no choice. So I won't be able to use my blaze, that sucks but I do have a couple of 14mm bubblers to play with if I want.

I'm getting the 14mm for versatility and then just using one of these as needed.

Monsoon,
Reactions: grokit

hassan

Connoisseur
Okay I believe you guys, kill-a-watt incoming as well as those little spoons. It seems like we could easily mark the sweet spot though.

Are you guys setting the sub at full power and then dialing it down with the kaw?

The 'sweet spot' varies with regards to ambient temperature - the only way to dial in is with an energy meter of some kind.

I'm getting the 14mm for versatility and then just using one of these as needed.

I have an 18mm female joint in my bong - I have the 14mm Atomizer.

I've been using an 18mm-14mm reducer since the first day - haven't had any problems whatsoever.

If anything, it's a better overall system because it means that your actual joint is unlikely to become even warm to the touch.

That is, unless you do what I do and never turn the Sublimator off - but even then, it's not so hot you cannot place your hand on it and keep it there.

Your Highness

Cannasseur
I notice that my wattage varies based on the load at any given moment in my house. For example, I set my Apollo to 31 watts (my sweet spot) and I turn on the dryer for instance, I notice that the wattage drops by 1 or 2. Conversely, late at night when I am not running a lot of appliances or using a lot of electricity I notice my wattage jump to around 34 and I may have to back it down. So yes, I agree that the KAW definitely helps to stay within your zone. Luckily for me my zone hovers between 31 and 34 so its all good. Whenever I drop below 30 I get some green left in my ABV and not the total extraction I'm used to. Loving my Sub... I will be posting a take 2 review with some additional thoughts soon. 2 Broken glass pieces later and lots of lessons learned... But I wouldn't trade my Sub! We have an understanding now me and my Sub. Its all love...

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut

The 'sweet spot' varies with regards to ambient temperature - the only way to dial in is with an energy meter of some kind.

i believe he acknowledges that he needs one, however now he is asking about how to utilize it.
i am curious as well

do you jack the temp up on the sub and control w/ meter or do you use meter as a guide for controlling sub?

Bob Loblaw,
Reactions: wootze

wootze

I would think the end device is turned to max if it has that capability (like the sub, cloud, etc). the line voltage is regulated.

wootze,

Brayden

the dank one
Thanks for the replies Brayden. That's the main reason I got the kit--as much as I love my glass and pulling through water it's all about the reclaim.

Bummer about them having 2 different sizes; I guess when you order the se kit you get 14mm because that's what the tube setup is, so no choice. So I won't be able to use my blaze, that sucks but I do have a couple of 14mm bubblers to play with if I want.

So has anybody answered this question:
Does the sublimator extract the active ingredients so thoroughly that there's nothing left in the AVB?

Great question, and to answer this give me another 2-4 weeks. With every other vaporizer that I have used, whenever we save up our avb I have been able to make kick ass brownies. Edibles are definitely not my thing but I do like to think ive basically perfected them ( my mother and girlfriend WILL NOT SMOKE and I have gotten them both to eat these brownies and there both hooked, this is with buds tho so its irrelevant I apologize for rambling, back to the point.) Give me a few weeks and once ive hit an oz of avb ill whip up some brownies and get back to yall, if anyone can do it sooner PLEASE DO as than I don't have to waste the ingredients trying.

yea id rather not pay 750, im getting a reclaimer from pv. cant justify 750, 500 i can deal with
any way pv said they be restocked by end of the week

Amen brother I hear that, my only regret on the unit is that I don't have a reclaimer for it, but as I said, the whole thing comes apart and you can reach every component with a simple qtip meaning getting at the reclaim is extremely easy regardless of what the unit is. Being a heavy smoker myself, I agree with you though to an extent, being able to take a component off at any point to go in for easy dabs without disassembling your setup fully is beautiful, so ill give you that one sir :)

i believe he acknowledges that he needs one, however now he is asking about how to utilize it.
i am curious as well

do you jack the temp up on the sub and control w/ meter or do you use meter as a guide for controlling sub?

Sorry misinterpreted the question than, in terms of utilizing it the sweet spot is very touchy as stated by others. I find my sweet spot for dabs ALL the time is between 34-40 volts, sometimes ill push it to 38 volts or so if im taking extra large dabs. In terms of herb, I turn the unit to 24-26 volts based on how thick of a hoot I want, (26-28 volts for me takes away from the taste I find and only darkens the bud.) Again this being said, when I turn the unit to 25 volts, I takes about an hour to heat up. So the way to handle this is set your unit to full blast on the dial (itll display somewhere between 52-60 volts roughly) wait 10-15 minutes, come back, set the unit to the desired temperature ( again for me, I always go for 24-26 volts EXACTLY, I almost have no discrepancy or change on my temperature when it comes to herb, the sweet spot is the sweet spot) Dabs are a different story, as I said, anywhere between 34-40 volts works for me, I only go up to between 38-40 on HUGE dabs.

Don't know if this makes a difference as well, but ill add that I have tried this thing with water and without and really prefer it without, id love to try a Mobius or something like that but as far as Ive tried I really like the taste, and ill add that normally when I smoke a vaporizer it tickles my lungs, there is no tickle ive found with this device. Its beautiful

hassan

Connoisseur
I think the confusion lies in what people think the meter is able to do.

The meter is not able to regulate the voltage going into the Sublimator - it is a meter - it allows you to get a reading of what the Sublimator is actually drawing in terms of power at any given time.

I think something that actually allows you to regulate the amount of voltage going into the Sublimator would cost a lot more - and I don't believe that anyone on the forum has used such a device with the Sublimator thus far.

Brayden

the dank one
I think the confusion lies in what people think the meter is able to do.

The meter is not able to regulate the voltage going into the Sublimator - it is a meter - it allows you to get a reading of what the Sublimator is actually drawing in terms of power at any given time.

I think something that actually allows you to regulate the amount of voltage going into the Sublimator would cost a lot more - and I don't believe that anyone on the forum has used such a device with the Sublimator thus far.

This being said than people, if your still confused at this point look at it like this. When you have the meter plugged into the wall, everyones meter will be different based on where you live or how much power your house puts out, so in turn others may have different sweet spots on their dials than yours, but as far as the kill-a-watt goes it should be universal in terms of what everyones sweet spot is (im not an electrician so I know nothing of the technicalities) ive gone to my friends houses and had my max wattage to be as much as 59-61 where as at my house it is always 52-56. Again, ive found if your house puts out more wattage, youll just reach your max temp quicker, and also produce a higher max temp. As far as ive noticed, watts=temp. My sweet spot at my friends house where the wattage is 59-61, is lower on the dial than at my house(52-56 watts), but again, the sweet spot is always the same on the kill-a-watt, to support my claim. Again, watts=temperature, if your house puts out more watts, your sublimator could potentially get hotter than mine. I originally thought the watts didn't affect the temp and where you had the dial was the decider of the temperature, but its not. Certain houses can obtain a higher sublimator temperature if they produce more watts, I assume this is because the product is in such early stages. Prove me wrong please and thank you, I love to learn new sub facts, and as always, I could be wrong. This is just based on experiences :)

update: WATT=temp not volts, thanks Hassan its not the first time ive had the two mixed up :)

Updateee: were in the early stages people, so theres a learning curve with this product but ive enjoyed every minute of being part of the earliest sub-culture and spending money to improve this thing is half the game, again, I enjoy tweaking my setup and pieces so this has been nothing but fun for me honestly :DD My lungs are so golden from this piece I might add that when I go back for a regular combustion bong hit, I actually appreciate it more and than afterwards look forward to going back to sublimating.
Bong hits are now a nice treat for me on a Friday night, like having a fine wine here and their and than switching back to water 5-6 days a week :D

hassan

Connoisseur
I completely agree with you - your theory was further solidified by the fact that when I had a power outage and the city was running at maximum capacity the following day, my Sublimator was incapable of hitting the max wattage I knew it was more than capable of - and I had to set my Sub a lot higher than my marked sweet spot to start producing vapour at all.

Though I will add, just in case it creates confusion, where Brayden says volts, he means watts. :-P

Brayden

the dank one
To sub, or not to sub...........hmmmm

TO SUB IS THE QUESTION GOOD SIR, I can tell anyone who reads this thread. In 6 months after buying the product, YOU WILL save the money you would have spent on more dabs and more herb through a bong or another vape, second, this thing is amazing. I fucking love it. I don't even like vaporizers, ive hit the herbalaire, ssv, and volcano, and I dislike them all, the high and the smoke thickness especially. This thing fixes your lungs and does the job of a bong :)

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
hell, w/ an 18f-18f adapter it might give enough length. if they were in stock i might've grabbed one

honestly what i picture is the same as the grav recl. on the left, a little longer and male intake of course
then port out to the right as low as possible, with an immediate downturn.
then when that downward pipe passes the reclaim jar it turns back to the left, just under clearance to get jar off, then straight back down, with either male or female at the bottom.
or instead of that last straight down go out at 45 deg for angled intakes.
does this make sense? can anyone who draws/photoshops well help me out?

EDiT - it'd have to be really well made to support all the weight, maybe a universal weighted 3-5 inch base water pipe holder. like thos adjustable coffee cup holders, but larger.

Bob Loblaw,
Reactions: Tweek

ResinHead

Young Grasshoppa
alright so i just bought a sublimator and its heating up, what kind of temperature settings would u guys recommend for bubble hash? Also do i need to torch the bowl to burn off oils from production? Or am i good to go?

ResinHead,

Dopevape

alright so i just got bought a sublimator and its heating up, what kind of temperature settings would u guys recommend for bubble hash? Also do i need to torch the bowl to burn off oils from production? Or am i good to go?

Well u can burn it off or use ISO. Check your sublimator, is it allrdy looking yellowish goldish tint? Enrico said in one of the marijuana man vids they do this torching cleaning process(at least for the UFO and Sputnik) at his shop before they go to the stores or customers. Sort of a testing run if you will.
Now if you're in the process of cleaning and initial heat up i recommend running it full temp for 10 mins let it go full temp that way it will burn of machine oil residues etc as well.

Dopevape,
Top Bottom