• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued The Sublimator

PlanetHaze

Don't Vaporize The Planet !, Vaporize Yourself
Retailer
Hi Everyone,
We would like to introduce you to what we think is the next evolution in the consumption of our favourite flowers and extracts.... the Sublimator.

There was a thread about the Sublimator on FC which was closed due to some posters not following forum rules. We are not here to debate the scientific aspects of whether the Sublimator is a vaporizer or actually performs sublimation. What we can say after using it is that it is an experience like no other.

Being a vaporizer distributor, we get to try a lot of vapes, but the Sublimator is the first device we have ever tried that truly feels different. Using just 0.1gram of dried ground flowers for just a single rip through the Sublimator, felt like taking a dab of potent extract or several bong rips.

Depending on your tolerance and lung capacity, you can use more or less material. There is some resistance to the hit as you pull the air through the atomizer as it works its magic.

You can load dried flowers or dry extracts in to the bowl and more liquid / wax type extracts can be put in to the air intake holes on the heat injector. For some reason the effects seem to last longer as well. As a bonus, it also collects the sublimate, this pure air, non-solvent collected extract can then be re-vaped.

The Sublimator is 100% made in Quebec Canada and all metal parts are precision machined from Surgical Stainless Steel.

We took some videos at the Treating Yourself Expo in Toronto to show the Sublimator in action and the clouds it produces (watch in HD). We also have an Adapt-A-Bong unit ourselves that we are using for testing and will be fully stocked on all Sublimators very soon. Prices range from 500.00 - 1200.00 and before anyone says it is too expensive, we think you will change your mind once you try one.
https://www.planetvape.ca/vaporizers/sublimator.html

A Live demonstration of the Sublimator at the Treating Yourself Expo 2013 in Toronto. Requiring / using less plant material than most vaporizers on the market today yet the extraction is so complete that the true, full potency of medicinal herbs and concentrates are expressed in a way usually felt only through combustion or ingestion. The Sublimator is a paradigm shift in itself as it opens new avenues for delivery systems. It may also be used to collect the sublimate, this pure air collected extract that can then be re-vaped for a no loss, greatest ''return on investment'' possible.

This video is Bubbleman trying out the new Sublimator TiTan E-Nailator.
The E-Nailator is an amazing device because is serves two purposes. First, it is an electrically powered, domeless titanium nail designed to vaporize concentrates. It does not require the use of a butane or propane torch therefore greatly enhancing safety. It is simple to use and doesn't require manipulating delicate and fragile glass domes. Second it is a herb vaporizing device that can be used with most 14-18mm compatible water tools or similar devices. Indeed, herbs can be vaporized, not sublimated, in its chamber. This is great for those who prefer the different aromas and milder effects procured by vaporizing .

The E-Nailator is also THE unit if you want to vaporize the sublimate from your Sublimator. This air and friction collected extract is the cleanest form of extraction possible as no solvents or liquids are used.

We will try to answer as many questions as possible, time to get Sublimated.
Peace and Love,
PV

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
The Sublimator (www.sublimator.ca) is a new device (actually a system) that the inventor, Enrico, describes as "beyond vapourization."

19-78-thickbox.jpg

The original thread on the Sublimator (deleted) turned into a nasty attack on the credibility of Enrico, his invention, and particularly his explanation of the science involved.

As a result, I closed the thread and disallowed any new thread unless it was opened by Enrico or a Sublimator representative. This understandably didn't happen because some of the attacks were personal and hurtful, and many others left the impression that the environment would be hostile. This did not reflect well at all on FC and our membership and frankly, really bothered me.

One of the reasons I went to the 2013 Toronto Treating Yourself Expo was that I heard the Sublimator would be there. I ran into Enrico and introduced myself as pakalolo, which immediately got his attention. He's well aware of how the last thread went, and needless to say he took it a bit personally. Fortunately he didn't refuse to speak to me or get angry, and we talked at length about his invention, his explanation of how it worked, and his future participation at FC. Then he let me try the Sublimator. Wow! :ko:

That one hit justified this thread. I don't have an opinion here about Enrico's explanation of the science. I do have one about how well the Sublimator works: this thing will impress even the most ardent seekers of the big hit. It's probably as close to dabbing as you can get with a bowl of flowers.

Enrico has promised that he or someone representing the Sublimator will participate in this thread as long as you show respect. I promised him I would make sure that this happens.

You can't talk to Enrico without being impressed by his passion for the Sublimator and I don't think you can stop him from explaining how it works. I know some of you disagree about what is actually happening and I expect a discussion along these lines, but it has to stay calm and reasoned. I don't want this topic to distract from the Sublimator itself, because the thing works splendidly and deserves a chance in the market.

Let the discourse begin.

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
Well I'm glad to hear that it can at least perform well, and that Enrico is willing to give us a second chance. That last thread was a shitshow and I feel badly about taking part in it.

I really, really want to know more about this thing. The science behind it and the heating action specifically, and whether the marketing material really reflects it. Hopefully we will get an answer from the man himself soon.

b0

Cloudy...
Subscribed.
@pakalolo how a hit with this compares with the cloud?

b0,

VaporEyes

Vaporization Aficionado
Accessory Maker
Subscribed.

I don't think paka has ever used a cloud(correct?). Pakalolo, would you say the performance justifies the price? Also, is this one set temperature or is it variable?

VaporEyes,

m0sh

Singer Song Writer Stoner
Great news!
On behalf of FC thanks a lot for talking to him, It's a shame what happen but its time to start again, honestly I'm impressed by the science but not by the looks...I'm sure its not a problem...
What can you say about the usage? did you pack the bowl by your own or Enrico did so? do you think there will be a learning curve or is it very easy to use?

JCat

Accessory Maker
Thanks for representing us well pakalolo!!! You do us more humble and respectful members proud ... and those that participated in the slander in the last run should be ashamed and will hopefully take it to heart in the way they conduct themselves in the future. (not directed at any one person in particular)

jambandphan03

in flavor country
Thanks for bridging the gap Pak!! I've been watching from a far, mostly through Pot.TV how the Sublimator has been developing it's rep as an amazing vape/dab tool. I'm glad to see it get another chance here in FC, and feel I should also express my gratitude to Enrico for giving you a chance to try it first hand and smooth things over. I hope this continues to flourish in a positive direction. :tup: We are all in this together!!

VaporEyes

Vaporization Aficionado
Accessory Maker
Is there any estimation when this may be available to the retail market? I'd be willing to be a guinea pig again! :D Think I'd go for the space travel kit.

VaporEyes,

m0sh

Singer Song Writer Stoner
I'm still trying to figure out how sublimation gets you more medicated than vaporization with flowers.

From solid to gas should be more efficient than from solid to liquid to gas or perhaps slower...at least I think so...

m0sh,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Subscribed.

VaporEyes is correct, I have never hit a Cloud—but I've seen it done on Youtube! In fact, Sunday marked the first time I ever saw and handled a Cloud. That's for a different thread.

I didn't load it myself, Enrico did, and did everything for me but hit it. He just handed me the whip and told me to pull as hard as liked. I clouded up the tube pretty thick but I'm not a big hit guy so I couldn't clear it. The load looked to be about .1-.15g but that's a guess. To be honest I was too busy trying not to cough up a lung to be worried about the details. I wasn't interested in them anyway, my objective was to see if it genuinely worked and it most certainly does, and then to convince Enrico that the Sublimator should be properly represented on FC.

Pakalolo, would you say the performance justifies the price? Also, is this one set temperature or is it variable?

I think a lot of people got the wrong impression about the price. The $1200 I saw tossed around is the price if you get everything, but you will be able to get the base system for a lot less, probably around $400 if I recall correctly, my memory of the events immediately following the test hit being a bit foggy. I'm not qualified to judge performance vs price, but I would be surprised if even a leather-lung like SliM isn't impressed after a Sublimator hit.

The temperature is variable but don't ask me how.

I'm still trying to figure out how sublimation gets you more medicated than vaporization with flowers.

I don't know if it does, I don't even know if it's really sublimation. I do know you get a large cloud that I think contains includes the full spectrum.

lazylathe

Almost there...
Sweet!!!
Looks like Sci-Fi vaping!!!

I have e mailed for prices and clarification on how the unit works.
Will update with any supplied info!

lazylathe,
Reactions: b0

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs

It is not sublimating... his terrible pseudo scientific explanations will not convince me otherwise. If is just a vaporizer with someone trying some new fancy swanky marketing. That is my main issue with the device and it's creator. I do wish him luck and hope he succeeds... I just don't agree with the way he is representing the product/process.

Seriously... I am not trying rude... I just don't agree with the sublimation marketing aspect. Hopefully one day I will get a chance to try this vaporizer. Personally, I would only want to run it through water filtration. I don't think I would enjoy a huge dry hit like it is designed for. My throat is just too sensitive to enjoy any type of dry vapor. I imagine for me the basic set would work well enough. I don't think I need any of the other stuff.

Had it not been marketed as a sublimation device I would actually be interested in purchasing one. Unfortunately for me the unsubstantiated claims of sublimation turned me off to what could be a really great vaporizer. I am very interested to see how the marketing of this devices plays out over time and how it is received by the community.

Slightly Medicated,
Reactions: Brenard420

Peloton

Vapes Hard
It is not sublimating... his terrible pseudo scientific explanations will not convince me otherwise. If is just a vaporizer with someone trying some new fancy swanky marketing. That is my main issue with the device and it's creator. I do wish him luck and hope he succeeds... I just don't agree with the way he is representing the product/process.

Seriously... I am not trying rude... I just don't agree with the sublimation marketing aspect. Hopefully one day I will get a chance to try this vaporizer. Personally, I would only want to run it through water filtration. I don't think I would enjoy a huge dry hit like it is designed for. My throat is just too sensitive to enjoy any type of dry vapor. I imagine for me the basic set would work well enough. I don't think I need any of the other stuff.

Had it not been marketed as a sublimation device I would actually be interested in purchasing one. Unfortunately for me the unsubstantiated claims of sublimation turned me off to what could be a really great vaporizer. I am very interested to see how the marketing of this devices plays out over time and how it is received by the community.

I really couldn't have said it better myself, thanks SliM :tup:

Peloton,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member

The sublimation explanation might not accurately describe what is happening but I don't believe that it's a marketing ploy either. This is exactly the direction I don't want this thread to take. It works, I used it, discuss.

It easily connects to glass, by the way.

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
I'm trying to treat the name "Sublimator" as just a name. I don't necessarily believe that sublimation is occurring, but I also don't believe that my Underdog is a real dog. I'm still having a hard time understanding why my PD isn't purple, though.

:peace:

Enchantre

Oil Painter
It sounds like it is a super convection method... like one of those countertop convection "cookers" with the fan. forcing the hot air through all the herb at once, evenly.

I'm imagining that the point of it is that it sucks ALL the goodies outta the weed in one grand go, rather than in several goes as a "regular" vaporizer does. More of a single POW! hit, rather than the longer session with several hits, for the same net result. is the ABV all done in one?

Tweek

Personally, I am looking forward to seeing more of this unit in action. As I mentioned earlier, I have seen some videos online and it looks like an enjoyable device to use. Has anyone thought of starting a separate thread to discuss sublimation in general? Might be a good area for the more heated debates on the science.

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
It sounds like it is a super convection method... like one of those countertop convection "cookers" with the fan. forcing the hot air through all the herb at once, evenly.

I'm imagining that the point of it is that it sucks ALL the goodies outta the weed in one grand go, rather than in several goes as a "regular" vaporizer does. More of a single POW! hit, rather than the longer session with several hits, for the same net result. is the ABV all done in one?

This is exactly the point IMO. The ABV after my hit was not as dark as I expected, but as I said I'm a lightweight and had to stop pulling.

Personally, I am looking forward to seeing more of this unit in action. As I mentioned earlier, I have seen some videos online and it looks like an enjoyable device to use. Has anyone thought of starting a separate thread to discuss sublimation in general? Might be a good area for the more heated debates on the science.

That would be the best idea, as long as it doesn't turn into accusations of sham science and marketing bafflegab. You could even have a perfectly informative discussion without even mentioning the Sublimator, but I doubt that will happen.

Let me clarify something.

I am not taking a position on the explanation that Enrico offers, because I believe it serves no purpose but to distract. I would say the same thing if he claimed it ran on pixie poop. The sublimation claim might be important enough to some of you to be the reason you won't buy the Sublimator, and of course that's your choice. The important point here is that it's not that important to lots of people.

FC is supposed to be the best source of information on vapourizers on the web. When people come here looking for information about the Sublimator, a lot of them just want to know whether it works, not how. They want to know how much it costs, how do you use it, what's it made of, how do you keep it clean, etc. A debate about the sublimation claim will simply make that hard to find without providing much useful information. Most of it will be speculation or outright assertions by people who do not know what process is really happening in the Sublimator, who do not even really know what is going on when we vapourize, and who have never done any experiments or real science in this area. I might be tilting at windmills but I intend to try to keep that out of this thread.

Top Bottom