Discontinued The Sublimator

I go through 2-3 oz of herb in a month ... but at $60 or so per gram of quality concentrate here ... my dabs are more in the area of .025 ... and if you get 5-7g of quality concentrate from a good oz of herb ... that makes it 4-6x as potent (by weight), thus a .025 hit of concentrate is equivalent to .1-.15 of herb (that's the way I'm figuring it anyways :) ... a .2 dab of concentrate is like taking a gram of herb in a hit which seems to me excessive (although at times would be nice :)) ... just thinking out loud :lol:

Damn $60 a gram!!! Think I might be sending some oil to Canada lol

VapeNStone,

hassan

Connoisseur
considering HE e-nails were going for a ridiculous $800 i'd guess that's less of the issue than lack of knowledge about the e-nail. i'm quite interested, yet can't justify it yet. that combo looks right up my alley. am not sure what the "apollo bay" is that seems to come w/ the combo kit, but not a regular adapt-a-bong. PV's anti-copy site means you can't open multiple windows off of products easy, not all stuff is pictured, not well explained. and it's not in stock. we are in early days people

The "Apollo Bay" is just the small stainless steel stand that you can put the Apollo heater in - sort of like a fancier version of the crappy pieces of foldable stainless steel you get with a soldering gun.

At least I'm pretty sure that's what it is.

grokit

well-worn member
Even the stuff that's "in stock" is unavailable for purchase as there is no payment method available.

At least not on the two browsers I tried :shrug:

grokit,

hassan

Connoisseur
Even the stuff that's "in stock" is unavailable for purchase as there is no payment method available.

At least not on the two browsers I tried :shrug:

I just added the UFO to my cart and proceeded to check out to test - I was presented with Interac, Paypal, Credit Card and Phone Ordering as payment options.

hassan,

grokit

well-worn member
I just added the UFO to my cart and proceeded to check out to test - I was presented with Interac, Paypal, Credit Card and Phone Ordering as payment options.

Are you mac/pc, in us or ca?

I tried it again with the same result:

Screen%2520Shot%25202013-07-15%2520at%252011.15.04%2520AM.png

Last night was on FF & Safari, today was FF & Chrome, same results.

I'm in the US on a Mac.

grokit,

hassan

Connoisseur
Are you mac/pc, in us or ca?

Last night was on FF & Safari, today was FF & Chrome, same results.

I'm in the US on a Mac.

Haha, unfortunately it seems like we've got every possible opposing variable - so singling out what the actual cause is may not be as straightforward as one would think.

I'm on a PC in Canada - using Chrome.

hassan,

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
I'm on a PC in Canada using a webkit browser and get payment options

Then I hopped on two VPN's, one in the US and one in Switzerland and got options as well.

I'd send off a message to support. They are always nice to deal with.

CentiZen,
try IE then. There must be something up with your shit because I just tried and it seemed to work fine. I'm on PC in US using chrome as well

VapeNStone,

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
But he's on a Mac, so using IE is not really an option. They made IE for Apple a little while ago but it has been very poorly maintained and does not work well.

Theoretically, Chrome, Safari and Opera should provide the exact same experience since they are all using the WebKit engine to render pages. FireFox uses Gecko, which is different and IE has its own proprietary one.

At this point I'm pretty sure PV support is going to be the only people able to give an answer. If it works for pretty much everyone else than perhaps his address is in a state that is particularly hostile to paraphernalia? ALT won't ship to Philly, for example.

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
Planetvape. If I'm not mistaken, PV is the only place online you can buy a Sub.

CentiZen,

grokit

well-worn member
How is maintenance/cleaning with the regular (le) home setup?

What is involved besides scraping up those sweet recyclables from the bottom of the tube base?

grokit,

Brayden

the dank one
To clean the Apollo, all you do is crank the unit to full blast, let it sit, and I usually just use some sort of dabber to scrape any black off and it comes out clean. For the atomizer and any other component, you can easily soak it in isopropyl and coarse salt, give it a nice hard shake, run very water through it, paper towels, q tips, pipe cleaners whatever you got. The iso and very hot water along with any tool will clean it crystal clear. If you want all your reclaim, do as jam has said and submerge your unit in a jar with iso, shake it around, scrape it with a wire brush clean, and than let the jar sit for a night with the lid off and there you have honey. If I missed anything or people have other methods please correct me :) Happy subbinin folks

Brayden

the dank one
In all honesty the tube portion has stayed completely clean, and lemme tell you this really surprised me. Every other unit ive used that has a hose will always have oil or some sort of resin that usually collects along the tube and this thing has none that ive seen so far. I'll keep an eye on it and keep people posted when my unit returns from enrico, but after smoking it for over a month every day heavily nothing has collected, the only flaw ive noticed is my hose is already becoming....."malleable?" im not sure the word for it but it bends completely now whereas before the plastic was solid and would always hold its shape.

O I just realized tweek that you might be talking about the whole tube that has the sublimator logo on it. For that I have also had even MORE ease cleaning. Hot water and paper towel is all that was needed for that portion.

Update: in terms of regular cleaning absolutely not. I find the only portion of the unit that needs regular scraping is right under the atomizer where the oil drips into. And again it doesn't need cleaning, it just needs a quick scrape every week or so to clear out that oil. And this being said, the unit is the easiest unit ive ever cleaned in my entire life. EVERYTHING comes apart completely, you can fit a qtip in every component of the piece, its beautiful honestly for cleaning, im someone who likes an immaculate piece ALL of the time and im very anal about it so this thing is just wicked

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
the only flaw ive noticed is my hose is already becoming....."malleable?" im not sure the word for it but it bends completely now whereas before the plastic was solid and would always hold its shape.

I've had this happen on many whip based vapes, I think the heat of the stream causes the materia to dentaure in to a weaker form over time. Once you start feeling the outside part of the whip to be 'sticky' it's time for a replacement.

CentiZen,
Reactions: Tweek

grokit

well-worn member
We need a new kind of material for these whips, which seem to be the weak/toxic link with whip-style vaporizers. Something that's easy to clean and that won't break down. Looks like until then we have a choice of silicone and vinyl, what are the pros and cons of these materials?

Also does rezblock help preserve these whips, and/or make them easier to clean?

grokit,

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
Rezblock won't do much I'm afraid

I find Vinyl is harder, inflexible and imparts a taste of pencil erasers to whatever you are inhaling. Silicone has a taste as well, but it's much less and almost a nice taste. I've never used nylon, but it was used for zap stems in the past and people seem to like it.

None of these are toxic, especially at the temperatures we are using them at. Light heat is going to cause normal molecular degradation over time, but it's not offgassing or actually putting anything dangerous into you lungs.

Top Bottom