Discontinued The Sublimator

hassan

Connoisseur
So the only parts that can be touched are the insulated part on the Apollo and the steel extender on the Atomizer?

Just started the burn off process - probably won't be able to actually use it until I get back from dinner a little later on.

EDIT - Also - for the burn off process - should I be taking the Apollo off the Atomizer every now and then to actually let it breathe?

This way the only place the resulting fumes have to go is either into the bong, or remaining in the Atomizer - as far as I can tell anyway?

PlanetHaze

Don't Vaporize The Planet !, Vaporize Yourself
Retailer
Even though I received my order late (not at ALL Planet Vape's fault) - I still have to say that I have never had better customer service and a better overall shopping experience than dealing with Planet Vape.

You guys are the utmost in terms of professionalism - and even my girlfriend who doesn't partake in my habit was taking her hat off to you for the extra care you took with my order, and for the attention to detail and value you provided me.

I cannot stop singing your praises at this point - and the fact that rather than starting the burn off process and being able to get subbed for the first time, I opted to type up this post as soon as I opened the box should be testament to just how much I value your professionalism and attention to detail.

(And this is after having received it 24 hours later than anticipated, and having spent the entire morning at a funeral service!)

Keep it up guys!
Hi hassan,
Thank you for all the kind words, we are blushing. Sorry for your Sub arriving late even though you are geographically pretty close. Is is interesting that 70% of our late shipments are all within a few hours drive geographically, yet almost all shipments to much further destinations like Australia, UK, Spain, France, Germany etc. are almost always on time or even early. Enjoy becoming a Sublinaut
PV

weedemon

enthusiast
i put mine in my bong (without water) to do my burn off process. then i would just blow into the bong to get any off gassing to vent out of the vape rather than go into my bong.

only problem with this was as the vape heated up the bottom became fused to the bong, and i cold not get it off. had to let it cool before I could get it out.

for that reason I am very carefully using the stand to preheat my vape (they say not to do this btw... so this is at your own discretion) that way it can go into my bong easily when it's ready and doesn't get stuck as the teflon has already expanded due to the preheating time.

weedemon,

JCat

Accessory Maker
Where I live shipping is slow at best and yet PV has ALWAYS gotten my shipments here on time :tup:

Edit: I let mine burn-off on the atomizer while in the stand (sorry Enrico :)) before we were advised against this.

JCat,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
for that reason I am very carefully using the stand to preheat my vape (they say not to do this btw... so this is at your own discretion) that way it can go into my bong easily when it's ready and doesn't get stuck as the teflon has already expanded due to the preheating time.

I was using it in my cloudbuddy and bought an 18mm to 18mm extender and now the atomizer sticks to that which I then can put in the cloudbuddy (or whatever you are using). I preheat the atomizer and the extender in a stable place and then stick them in the buddy when it is go time. the atomizer and extender come out together and the buddy doesn't even get hot anywhere and collects my reclaim. in fact, I now blow out the atomizer from the bottom (which is stuck to the glass extender) as soon as it is dumped, as it never gets hot.

stickstones,
Reactions: Buildozer

hassan

Connoisseur
so first try - no vapour whatsoever...

increased the temperature, waited 15 minutes...

vapour - but seemed like absolutely no high... ABV is a pretty light brown...

turned up the temperature some more - but I find I'm really close to the max at this point - seems to be less than a quarter turn away...

wondering if I'm doing something wrong, if my tolerance is just too high... or I don't know....

I did read someone else's first post saying that they had originally wondered that the fuss was all about until they managed to fine tune everything... so I'm still hoping...

hassan,

Darb

Hi hassan,
Thank you for all the kind words, we are blushing. Sorry for your Sub arriving late even though you are geographically pretty close. Is is interesting that 70% of our late shipments are all within a few hours drive geographically, yet almost all shipments to much further destinations like Australia, UK, Spain, France, Germany etc. are almost always on time or even early. Enjoy becoming a Sublinaut
PV
Canada post likes to take their time. That's for sure.

Darb,
Reactions: Tweek

elmomuzz

That just happened...
turned up the temperature some more - but I find I'm really close to the max at this point - seems to be less than a quarter turn away...

wondering if I'm doing something wrong, if my tolerance is just too high... or I don't know....

I did read someone else's first post saying that they had originally wondered that the fuss was all about until they managed to fine tune everything... so I'm still hoping...

I don't own one but as I understand it the dial doesn't do anything until you turn it a good ways so you are probably not hot enough. Turn it up!

elmomuzz,

Tweek

The first day or so is going to be about playing with the temp and finding a zone you like. You also have to heat them together for a solid 20-30min. Even pulling it 5 min earlier can make a difference.

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member

It sounds as though you are just short of the right setting. About 75% is where I set mine to get 25-27W on the energy meter. Be aware that the power increases quite quickly beyond this point, so use small nudges and make sure you mark the setting somehow when you find something that works for you. Also, you need to wait 15 minutes or so after making a change. The Apollo has a huge thermal mass.

pakalolo,

hassan

Connoisseur
I haven't given up hope!

I just have had the most hectic couple of days - what with the funeral yesterday and now having to go and pack up stuff and get it moved prior to July 1st on account of wanting to avoid the estate incurring an unnecessary additional month's rent - and so the time I've had available to allot has been minimal at best.

Hoping I'll have more time this afternoon to spend with it and see what it is I might be doing wrong.

Also - do you all have the tiny brown switch box with the dial?

I figured from the videos I'd seen that the dial would be a bigger, black box.

The dial I have is not as easily markable - at least from 0-10 the way that Pakalolo (I think) mentioned marking his own.

hassan,

PlanetHaze

Don't Vaporize The Planet !, Vaporize Yourself
Retailer
We posted this before, you don't need numbers, just a simple line on the dial and housing once you have found your sweet spot. The black box you see in some videos is the timer model, coming soon.

SeZLwtw.png

PlanetHaze,
Reactions: Timothy

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
We posted this before, you don't need numbers, just a simple line on the dial and housing once you have found your sweet spot. The black box you see in some videos is the timer model, coming soon.

I think you need markings before you find your sweet spot so that you can tell different settings apart. Once you've zeroed in, then you can mark it this way. I'd use one side of the dial to mark intervals, then the other side of the dial for marking the sweet spot. The problem I have with mine is that the range on the dial between too cool and too hot is too tiny. I'd like to have a sweet spot for low temp and another for high, but that's really difficult to do even with my energy meter.

mmafighterthe25

I like the Sublimator better than my Cloud but I'll probably get in on the preorder for the new Cloud anyways. You should be happy with either choice. The Cloud is part glass and can be broken easily. The Sublimator seems like it would be hard to break. That's just one point to consider.

So the sub is def not hype def hits great

mmafighterthe25,

John Lewus

So the sub is def not hype def hits great

I am in kind of the same dilemma as you. The Cloud has been amazing for me and I expect cloud 2.0 to be a bit better but all of the positive reviews of the Sub make me think I am missing something. The smoothness of the hit is a very important factor and the consensus seems to be that the Sub has the edge on this metric whereas the Cloud seems to have an edge on taste. For now I am leaning towards contributing to the Nimbus project and will watch this thread to see how this thing evolves after feedback from the early adopters. Who knows, if I get the chance to try a Sub I might change my mind. My friend is about to get his card and is really interested in a high end vape. I might convince him to get the Sub :)

Top Bottom