Discontinued The Sublimator

jambandphan03

in flavor country
You've been using the oil while it's been collecting, haven't you?
Not really, I've been letting it collect in the glass, took a dab from some that was building up in the bottom of the stem. You have to remember I was out of town for 3 days after it arrived. I wouldn't say our herb is super dank, its definitely up there in the dank category, but I imagine those guys are getting a lot more oil from the sub using that 'sugar' coated stuff.

hassan

Connoisseur
I restocked in preparation for today's delivery which included a large CVault - and very agonizingly, the Canadian postal system seems to have failed me once again...

Scheduled delivery for the 26th - at this point based on the tracking information, I can pretty much be rest assured it isn't arriving until tomorrow.

I suppose I have something to look forward to post the funeral I have to attend - but having to go through the burn off and cleaning process is going to be even more painful now.

I'm upset because I made sure that I picked up the dankest of the dank and the most sugary of the sugary - and now it won't maintain the 'optimal humidity' between today and tomorrow when the Vault arrives.

Alas.

weedemon

enthusiast
im surprised yours didn't arrive yet hassan, I live 2 h north of toronto and it only took a day +2 h to get mine. but the wait will have been worth it my friend trust me :)

jambandphan03

in flavor country
I'd just like to mention that I'm back to using one screen (the fine mesh from PV) in the Sub... I found the little screen on top of the downstem got clogged too quick, and removed it. Then when the bowl screens started acting clogged, I took them out and noticed a bunch of the oil was building up on the lower screen instead of dripping down, so I just took it out of the line up too. The fine mesh screen fits in just under the top ridge and stays in place, so I think I'll stick with that for now.

mmafighterthe25

So I have an iladephl . The down stem is 14mm, but the joint when I put my reducer 18mm/14mm fits perfect into the joint. So I assume its a 14mm downstem into a 18mm joint came with, i dont know if its wide enough for atomizer to fit all way down the stem. Which apollo would I buy 14mm or 18mm. Or would I need that reducer for 14mm model seems that one is more open link below. reducer I own now is like the other guys from a page back???. What ya guys think.

http://www.planetvape.ca/glass-18mm-to-14mm-reducer-lowpro.html

mmafighterthe25,

PlanetHaze

Don't Vaporize The Planet !, Vaporize Yourself
Retailer

Brayden

the dank one
hey guys how are people cleaning their atomizers out of curiosity? I was thinking I would soak in iso and than run soap and water.

Brayden,

PlanetHaze

Don't Vaporize The Planet !, Vaporize Yourself
Retailer
Did you make that especially for the Sub, or is it pretty standard? I'm not sure if the one I ordered from aqualab is a dud, or if the Sub requires a slightly bigger hole than normal.
Nah, just got lucky, had them way before the Sub came out. We notice some reducers taper too aggressively making the bottom opening too small for the Sub.

SubBuddy Reclaimer Update
Have the first prototype finished, will get some photos posted so we can get a consensus on any design changes and then get it in to production.
PV

satyrday

Dialed in a steady 31-32W with the aid of my new Kill-a-Watt and let my Sub sit for over an hour. Previously I had been using it at a higher temp I'm sure as the abv had turned dark brown quickly, but this time the abv was a medium brown after two hits. The effect at this temp wasn't as disorienting and closer to a "standard" vape experience, although a very rich one. At the higher temp it felt more like a combustion high with the mind going off on wild tangents and hard to reign in, but without the mental fuzziness or fogginess that smoke can bring.

What I feel makes the Sub's higher temp experience especially unique is that you can go dark brown to near black without actually combusting and turning the herb into ash. I've found that other vapes at such a high temp will almost always combust and create ash and smoke instead of the pure feeling, high temp vapor. I've only combusted once with the Sub. This may be attributable to the lack of airflow during the quick initial flash vape process right after you drop in the herb.

It's nice to be able to precisely dial in certain effects consistently, however I wish I knew how long it really takes to hit that steady temp where the wattage level eventually lands. I might start playing around with a probe thermometer stuck in a crater hole so I can find those temps, and eventually be able to easily test and see when it's at stable temp for the set wattage.

Even though the taste is fairly neutral with the Sub, I find the aroma to be incredibly sweet and rich with the particular strain I've been using, and very rich in other unique ways with other strains and herbs. The terpenes and other chemicals must be burning off quickly and in a very clean fashion, as the purity and robustness of the smell is unparalleled in my experience with vapes. That makes it definitely less stealth if that is important, but great for aromatherapy benefits.

Tweek

Happy to report that my lungs still feel great using the sublimator exclusively. Up until now, the Volcano and the SSV both were causing tightness to my lungs...in the Volcano's case, even with water filtration. Sublimator dry has continued to be smooth and my lungs have been clear. :tup:

I do agree with the others regarding the flavour...the conduction lends that cooked taste that not everyone is a fan of. I do notice an increase in flavour if I pull sharply on inhale.

Darb

Has anybody tried cleaning their Apollo yet?
I've dabbed a few grams of oil through mine. Some honey, some dark reclaim.
I've chipped off some of the junk that's been left behind but it seems like airflow is slowing down.
Enrico said not to take it apart and I wouldn't want to submerge it in ISO.
Any tips?

Darb,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
Have you tried running it at max for a bit to do a burn off?

**Has anyone been running theirs 24/7? I sleep in strange patterns, and tend to wake up intermittently, after just a few hours sleep, and will vape to try to get back to bed for a bit longer, so I have had mine running for 3 days now, with no obvious issues. If I know I am leaving the house for any length of time, I have been shutting down, but I've been home for the last 72+ hours, so it's been running and getting used regularly, even in the wee hours when any normal person would be sleeping (like right now... it's almost 4:20am :brow:) . Any reason, I should turn it off more often? It sure is nice having the heat balanced and ready for me to hit it.

mmafighterthe25

Did you make that especially for the Sub, or is it pretty standard? I'm not sure if the one I ordered from aqualab is a dud, or if the Sub requires a slightly bigger hole than normal.

Yea man I have the same excat reducer you have frok aqua labs. New ones real deal apparently I gota order one today before gone

So I would get 18mm to 14mm reducer. And buy the 14mm apollo sublimator adapt a bong. just makin sure am am paranoid

mod note: Please avoid back-to-back posts, use Edit instead. Two posts merged.

hassan

Connoisseur
Even though I received my order late (not at ALL Planet Vape's fault) - I still have to say that I have never had better customer service and a better overall shopping experience than dealing with Planet Vape.

You guys are the utmost in terms of professionalism - and even my girlfriend who doesn't partake in my habit was taking her hat off to you for the extra care you took with my order, and for the attention to detail and value you provided me.

I cannot stop singing your praises at this point - and the fact that rather than starting the burn off process and being able to get subbed for the first time, I opted to type up this post as soon as I opened the box should be testament to just how much I value your professionalism and attention to detail.

(And this is after having received it 24 hours later than anticipated, and having spent the entire morning at a funeral service!)

Keep it up guys!

Top Bottom