Discontinued The Sublimator

jambandphan03

in flavor country
Nice set up ^^

I found a small stainless steel bowl to dump my ABV into, and have been using the heavy TV-Ultralite Alpha metal case to weigh down the stand, so it's pretty solid now. I found a ss 1/4tsp measuring spoon makes a nice way to load the bowl. Made a long poker out of a wire hanger that fits the down stem to push the screen out. I have managed to fit 3 screens (probably over kill) 1 tiny screen over the downstem opening at the top, and I put the stock screen and then a fine mesh screen on top of that tucked under the first lip, which holds the stock screen in place under it, keeping them from falling out. I'm hoping that will give me some pretty clean oil to collect. It's starting to build up nicely in the cloudbuddy side chamber. I can see how a detachable container will be super sweet, can't wait for that to be ready. All is going well with the Sublimator so far.
:science:
olb0Z5p.jpg

lazylathe

Almost there...
The only thing i don't like about the Sub is the fact you have to pair it with a water tool of some form.

Due to stealth reasons this is not feasible for me...

I see there is an option called "Space Travel Kit" but have not seen it available anywhere.
Not too sure when this will be available?
Anyone have any info on this and a price?

lazylathe,

satyrday

My screen just dumps out. I like that metal bowl idea. Looks clean.

Btw, the VB Mini bubbler has been working great! The only reason I ordered the Manifest glass was to have a more stable base (4") and just because I felt like a new toy. But keeping the two Sub handles opposite in my current glass keeps it pretty stable.

Plus getting the new bubbler will free up my VB Mini for portable VG Coil needs.

Tweek

I wonder if hat type screen would minimize some of the conduction going on...assuming that it won't mess with the overall effect, might be something to play with.

satyrday

I wonder if hat type screen would minimize some of the conduction going on...assuming that it won't mess with the overall effect, might be something to play with.
Yeah, I think conduction is the main effect. Don't want to toy with it too much. It's that hot espresso machine of love :love:

stickstones

Vapor concierge
I've got a nice burn on my forehead and unfortunately I rock the buzz cut. My family keeps laughing at me, especially the ones that know how I came about it!

I hit the Cloud and the VAP2 yesterday for the first time since getting the Sub. I think the Sub is using less weed for me. I'm not having any more sessions than normal, and most of my sessions are one bowl. One bowl is one scoop for me, and I always use two to three scoops with the Cloud. So I am convinced the Sub is very efficient.

satyrday

If you took a picture of just your forehead, who would know? That would be hall of fame material around here.

satyrday,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
I had Centizen over for a Sublimator demo this afternoon. I think he liked it. We went through about 1.5g and most of that was him hitting the Sub.

One thing I advise anyone who has a Sub or is thinking about getting once: get extra screens! Those little buggers are elusive. I've lost and found one of them twice now. Also, when you dump out the ABV, don't forget to put the screen back! We managed to do that twice. It actually works pretty well with no screen. A few bits got into the bong but not much.

Unlike the first time, when nicelytoasted and I destroyed any chance of a fair test of the Sub by using the Solo, the Volta, and the Dabbler first, Centizen and I actually learned something. I started out by heating the Sub for over an hour at 49W on the energy meter, then I backed it off to 25W. We tried it at that setting and got nice hits, with ABV that looked lightly done. So I decided to up the power and went to 30W, which is just enough to cause combustion. we weren't actually sure until we examined the ABV.

The thing here is that the distance on the wheel between 25 and 30 is a little nudge. I mean really little. It was difficult to get it to 27 because as I mentioned before, the scale is probably logarithmic and it jumps quickly.

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
The thing here is that the distance on the wheel between 25 and 30 is a little nudge. I mean really little. It was difficult to get it to 27 because as I mentioned before, the scale is probably logarithmic and it jumps quickly.

I noticed that as well. It feels like each individual little ridge on the dial causes quite a bit of change in the voltage. You can move one or two notches and go from good to combustion.

Enchantre

Oil Painter
I have enough difficulty keeping the E-Nano dial at the right spot for me.

Is there really a good reason why a dial with CLICKS for each & every temp setting would be bad? and skip the whole "dead zone" where there is no recordable amount of amps. Just from actual low vape temp, up to the max.

Brayden

the dank one
I can confirm this as well, the margin between combustion and that perfect hit is extremely small. once you have the sweet spot for that perfect drag you know it. taste, smoothness, everything about the hit is perfect at that point.

on a side note did anyone happen to order the Sublimator pre-sale edition?

http://www.freshheadies.com/catalog/sublimator-60/sublimator-special-edition-kit-322.html

I've heard a lot of folks mention that they've had problems with their units tipping over constantly, or the fact that its *not portable* because you need a bong with it. If these are your problems then I seriously recommend looking into this if your eager to get your unit. I have tried the Apollo/atomizer through my favourite Roor unit. And this unit has been fantastic.
Pros: The fact that you literally have to kick over your unit for it to tip has taken the cake for me, the fact that the reclaim is all EXTREMELY accessible and easy to take dabs from, every part can be broken down. I haven't touched my bong or anything else in my house since buying this other than trying the bong 3-4 times to try to have it compete. The durability is just a no brainer as well, plastic tube, all very strong parts.
Cons: my only complaint Is that the threads on the component your atomizer attaches into were not drilled properly, and enricos already been contacted and has assured me this was a defective piece and a new piece will be mailed out. So basically, I have none, this piece is revolutionary.

Brayden,

satyrday

I get my kill-a-watt tomorrow. That should help a lot dialing it in. My main problem is forgetting to drop the screen in and having the herb fall down deep and plug the hole. It doesn't vape worth a damn that way (so much for convection). I use a skewer stick to poke it back out.

satyrday,
Reactions: smokum

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
I wonder if the sweet spot moves any for different strains.

It will depending on the moisture content of the herb. I was using one strain for 5/6 bowls and was doing great. Reached for another strain in a different jar and it ignited because it was a little more dry. I also assume like the cloud ambient temperature in the room can change the sweet spot to. During winter I run the cloud at 3 but during summer I run it around 1pm. Not sure if the external temperature can affect the sweet spot of the Sublimator in a similar way.

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
I get my kill-a-watt tomorrow. That should help a lot dialing it in. My main problem is forgetting to drop the screen in and having the herb fall down deep and plug the hole. It doesn't vape worth a damn that way (so much for convection). I use a skewer stick to poke it back out.

It worked fairly well for us when we forgot the screen—no clogging, not much particulate got into the bong. The reason was clear when we dumped the bowl: the material we were using baked into a little puck. I used a pipe cleaner to knock out the stuff that stick in the atomizer.

I'll be interested to see how your Kill-A-Watt experience goes. We don't have any idea yet how much variance there is from unit to unit. Of course, all of this goes away if you buy the flagship kit, which has a digital controller. At least, I think it's digital.

weedemon

enthusiast
My screen just dumps out.

May i suggest you work with it a little and get it to bend a tad so that it sits firmly in place? I know you have had yours longer than I, but I was getting bits of particulate though in the dry bong at first. since working the screen in this doesnt seem to be happening anymore.

btw I really like the sub screens they are tough and as long as I don't lose em should last me a while!

satyrday

^It seems to fit over the hole just about perfectly - sometimes I'll nudge it a little if it's slightly to one side. I like the ease of just dumping it, but I'll keep that in mind. Thanks.

Top Bottom