Discontinued The Sublimator

Tweek

Hey Vtac...from what I understand, the screen has to be higher. On that top rim or just a tiny bit below it.

Tweek,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
I got the impression from this video (should start at 1m18s) that either position is ok. Would like to hear an a more detailed explanation with a diagram. My screens fall into the position shown in my pics with no jabbing.

vtac,
Reactions: Tweek

Tweek

Me too. I heard from PV that the screen should have a gap of 12mm from the bottom of the screen to the top of the atomizer, if that helps. Enrico also mentioned 2mm below the top ledge if you want it to stay in place.

Edit: PV is working with Enrico to put up some photos of proper screen placement.

Edit #2: The PV screens are softer, and can be put into place with a finger for a friction fit.

Tweek,

smokum

I am who I am and your approval isn't needed!
I wonder if the new Sub fine screens being offered from PV are cut sized to fit 'fully' on the 1st 'ledge', or whether they are just the same screens being offered for the Solo Stems as I ordered both solo stem AND spare Sub screens and it appears the exact same diameter but doesn't seat 'fully' on the ledge.

I think once I clean this Sub up (man what a machining slag mess it is), I'll most likely just leave the wedged in one in there (touching the thread in the tube), and just add a fine mesh solo stem screen that sits sloppy on top of the ledge.

As well, does anyone know the electrical specs used for the variable knob used on this rig ? I ask because I too would like to replace the 'electric frying pan' style one on the cord with one that is positive incremental adjustments OR digital such as a dimmer, but need the ratings. * even if I have to just use a plug in dimmer or voltage regulator while leaving the supplied one at max.

Tweek

Hey Smokum,

PV mentioned to me that their screens are so fine you will hardly notice them in the bowl. They will also be soft enough to friction fit with your finger. The Sublimator ones are more rigid for those that prefer that style.

Tweek,
Reactions: smokum

smokum

Hey Smokum,

PV mentioned to me that their screens are so fine you will hardly notice them in the bowl. They will also be soft enough to friction fit with your finger. The Sublimator ones are more rigid for those that prefer that style.

Ok, thanks...... then they must be the same as the Ultra Fine mesh solo stem screens I already have.

I just wish they sat 'completely' on the ledge.... personal anal fitment thing I guess :p

smokum,

Tweek

Ok, thanks...... then they must be the same as the Ultra Fine mesh solo stem screens I already have.

I just wish they sat 'completely' on the ledge.... personal anal fitment thing I guess :p

It seems some are cut wider than others. Mine sit on the top ledge no problem, but others seem to sink to the bottom.

Tweek,

smokum

It seems some are cut wider than others. Mine sit on the top ledge no problem, but others seem to sink to the bottom.

Oh mine fit fine enough to stay on top of the ledge, I was just saying that with the jiggle room it can allow material (unwanted) to slip through and pollute that red resin I'm hearing about, lol.

smokum,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
enrico...is the 14mm atomizer any different than the 18mm other than the thickness of the Teflon?

I have both the 14mm and 18mm atomizers and they are identical except for the Teflon.

When I looked in my bowl I was alarmed to discover that there was no screen in it, but a search through the packaging uncovered it. Apparently it fell out either during shipping or when I was unpacking, something for you kids at home to watch out for. (The second screen was safe in its little baggy.) Mine sits like the one in vtac's pictures. I have no trouble dropping it into place, but it is not secured there so it will fall out when I dump the load. It doesn't feel like I could force it below that shoulder.

Oh, and the insulation only covers about 3 cm of the handle, for those keeping track. I guess I should take some family photos.

pakalolo,

PlanetHaze

Don't Vaporize The Planet !, Vaporize Yourself
Retailer
Here is a diagram of the screen placement. If you unscrew the cone part from the atomizer and measure up you should have about an 18mm-20mm gap give or take between the bottom of your screen and the bottom of your cone. This gap is all that is important, whether you want it loose or tight is up to each persons preference. Loose don't friction fit it, tight.. push it in until it snugs itself up, edges may bend up a bit.

4eRpSOt.png

vtac posted some excellent clear photos, in the first photo the very lowest visible ridge is the actual atomizer, you do not want your screen that far down. The middle (widest ridge) and/or the top ridge is where the screen should be, no lower, just like in the 3rd and 4th photos. It does not have to sit on that ridge, just as long as the screen is not below the middle ridge. Sounds like some screens might be a little bigger/smaller than others?

@stickstones It would help if you posted pics of what your're seeing.

My screens seem to fit in perfectly.

Tweek

Thanks PV! I got confused because my screens were indeed larger. When I pushed them down, they warped quite a bit and did not feel right. Enrico also mentioned leaving as much space as possible between the screen and the atomizer, so the higher ledge (one above vtacs screen) felt like the proper spot...:shrug:

I guess the answer is...they are both correct?

Tweek,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
thanks guys...that clears it up. It sounds like my screens and those of some others were cut too small. Mine came with a screen wedged in at the bottom of the 18-20mm chamber, and the one in the bag is the same size. They are both incapable of sitting on the upper lip like in vtac's pic. I cut a normal screen to fit in there...it works okay but doesn't slide right in like enrico's in his vids. I have to make sure it is seated right and doesn't pop out. in my last session it was letting some herb through around the edge.

paka...thanks for the Teflon answer...as I thought it was. I don't think the Teflon is supposed to slide off, however, so maybe they seal them on there somehow. maybe they could make a longer and tapered Teflon attachment that fits both 14mm and 18mm.

Put me in the camp that is getting more effect with this vape. I just ordered an extender this morning that should allow me to collect reclaim in the cloudbuddy. I'm fully committed to this thing for the next month or so to see how good it is at reclaim and what it does to a person's tolerance...that and I like getting really fucked up!

CheeseSandwich

I'm with you sticks, i cant wait to get a decent amount of that reclaim. I got one small dab today and it was fucking sweet!

CheeseSandwich,

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
I took my teflon off to clean the whole thing. PV was going to send me the "fixed" 18mm teflon. I was just going to swap it out with the one they thought was the wrong size. I figured since they were going to let me swap them I could pull the thing off.

There is a metal washer on the bottom to help the teflon stop, and maybe helps provide a better seal there? You can unscrew everything and pull the teflon up and off the stem portion. The teflon does not have any threads, so be carful as you work it over the threads on the atomizer. Make sure you clean off any little bits left over on the thread if there are any... don't want that getting anywhere.

9094935043_eb3cb1bf57_z.jpg

jambandphan03

in flavor country
Got my Sublimator!! cleaning it up and inspecting it now...

should the stem be fully open? I thought there would be some atomizer in line, but I can see right through mine with out a screen in place, is that the way it should be?

I'm guessing the answer to that is yes, so I have some tiny screens, I put one over the smaller opening where the stem screws onto the cone, and then put one of my slightly larger PV fine mesh screens inside the cone, and it sits on the top lip. It's all cleaned up, heating now, and about to give this thing a rip.

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Got my Sublimator!! cleaning it up and inspecting it now...

should the stem be fully open? I thought there would be some atomizer in line, but I can see right through mine with out a screen in place, is that the way it should be?

I'm guessing the answer to that is yes, so I have some tiny screens, I put one over the smaller opening where the stem screws onto the cone, and then put one of my slightly larger PV fine mesh screens inside the cone, and it sits on the top lip. It's all cleaned up, heating now, and about to give this thing a rip.

Oooohhh noooos!

jam, yours is broken and you should send it to me!

(Yes, you can see right through when the screen is not in place.)

jambandphan03

in flavor country
I'm not sure if I'll get this fully down pact before we have to leave (early in the am) but the first try was obviously too hot, borderline combustion, so I turned it down a bit and now its a little too low, so the balancing act begins.

I will say this to new folks getting theirs, take your time getting to know the Sub and working the heat setting out. It might take several tries to get things balance and where you want it to be. You just can not rush this process. I'm guessing the learning curve on this will be rather short. I'm still riding out the buzz from my first couple of tries, and I also put a small dabble (dab of bubble) in there :ko: I think it will do better inside the chamber rather than on top in the vent hole, it left a bit of ash behind. I want to keep playing, but my head is still spinning.

I've got it at about 2x - 1/4 turns from max, so I'll see how that settles in and give it another rip in just a few. Probably won't be doing vids tonight. We are still packing to go to a fest. I'll be back with more in depth thoughts after I get to spend some real quality time with the Sub. Hope everyone has a fun and safe weekend!

** couldn't wait any longer, and gave it a nice rip of just herb and it's starting to function very nicely. I am going to enjoy getting Subbed tonight!!!
:tup:

btw...the cloudbuddy is great with the Sub, and my down stem is about 1/4" from the bottom of the short chamber so it should be a nice oil catch for now. Here's some pics...

hFyGFHT.jpg

GmsAzpt.jpg

satyrday

Tried a different strain tonight and it was another higher head to body ratio and again with the effects clearing up after a couple of hours without a lot of lingering fatigue & fuzziness. My cup of tea. This strain is again one that gives me a relatively heavier body to head load in my VG compared to the Sub.

I also have noticed quite a creeper effect. I can Sub 3 or 4 hits and then still wait 5 minutes or so before the effects really hit hard.

Detonator

wow very cool seeing the pix and vids of all you with yer new "tools".......

you probly already seen this - "What to do First"

but you haven't seen my third attempt to win one, the contest was to sound like Enrico....sadly I grew up in Southern California so I've met very few with an accent like his....... but playing around with accents is something me an my gf been doing since that stupid show about the kid from New Zeland...lol...anyway......and I'm not a very good actor so I think I start sound like I'm Mexican or like I'm a Mexican Arnold Swartzenager getting high..... oh well I haven't seen any other contest entries yet... lol Come On Sub Nation!.............................Let me win me one!

click on pic to play video!

Detonator,
Top Bottom