Discontinued The Sublimator

goatgobaahh

^Would that base get super hot with a steaming hot Sub in it for a long time? I've never been big on bongs so it's the first time I've seen it. Cool.

Its not big at about 12-13 inches tall and alot smaller than I thought it would be. (to give you some perspective those cubes are no taller than a nickle)

Also, I believe I read that since it has a glass downstem the steel base wouldn't get hot. I believe PV said their glass downstems weren't warm to the touch even after an hour of continuous use. (but to be honest I through the EXACT same thing until I read that)

You can contact Steele Concept and order one through him as he is the inventor and a longtime FC member.(he gives a discount to FCers)

I do believe Slim once owned one at one point in time; maybe if we are lucky we can convince him to give it a whirl.
Here is the good Reverend Herbs review on it.
Disclaimer: I swear I am not a sales rep its just a wonderful piece that I feel everyone should own! I dont have a sublimator yet and will not get to try this.(on a T-break)

goatgobaahh,
Reactions: satyrday

goatgobaahh

You're torturing yourself in this thread! Ahhh, but the virgin gray matter after that t-break.... That plus a Sub might open up a wormhole.

Oh believe me I know that! To be honest this forum is a huge trigger for me, but I am a rather intense fellow who enjoys creating difficult challenges for myself with the goals of surpassing them. :borg:

(you should try vaping with me almost;every time I vape with friends they end up sleeping over :lol:)

Plus I wouldn't want to skip a single post before purchasing this beautiful product! I live for FC users reviews and opinions. Quite the impressive group we have here! :tup:

(I might actually look disturbingly similar to this smiley face after the first hit:science:)

stickstones

Vapor concierge
I don't think the steel concept would get hot. the only point of contact is the Teflon, so not much conduction going on. The atomizer doesn't even get hot and my bubbler didn't even get warm after sitting with the unit on for a couple of hours.

I haven't combusted yet, but I'm not running near that line, either. I have been hitting everything at half way and last night turned it up to somewhere around 3/4 for a nightcap and was knocked out. The taste was more like the end of a load when pushing the temps high.

So after one day I dig it. We'll see where it sits in a week or two after some reclaim potential, and I want to switch back to another vape later to see what it does to tolerance levels. For ease of use I put it near the LSV based on technique and needing to put the saber somewhere between hits. For taste, I like it better than the logs, but it doesn't appear to be a strain taster like the VAP2 or Cloud. For effect, I am having a hard time not putting it at the head of the class. The way that it incorporates concentrates makes it truly unique in function and new possibilities for hits.

We may be on to something as far as the separation of the thc from the cbn, with the cbn going into the reclaim...time will tell. I am interested to see where SliM lands with his high temp quest. I think this vape is going to fuck up a lot of people, whereas guys like SliM chasing more pain relief and sedative effects might have a much smaller sweet spot than with some other vapes.

stupid anecdote...smokers can't handle their vapor! All those guys in the vids like MM and Mr. Weed had me wondering about the hit they kept saying was smooth. but even my wife, who only vapes occasionally and never smokes can handle her vapor better than heavy smokers. My toker last night was hacking after every hit whereas I was keeping it in for a long time without even a tickle.

Enrico

Manufacturer
I'm sorry , but I keep seeing all these posts about bubblers, weight, this, and that.

Is it me or is everyone forgetting about the 3lb of solid steel,difficult to even tip over, trusty Steele Concept?

steeleconcept1.png
all of sublimator's bongs are 100/100 surgical stainless steel (planet vapes will recieve today a special edition "4"inches sublimator bong all aluminum base and tip cap for hose (sublimator.ca)

stickstones

Vapor concierge
enrico...is the 14mm atomizer any different than the 18mm other than the thickness of the Teflon?

stickstones,

Darb

I can see how one would get a gram of reclaim from ten grams of herb.
Reclaim is covering the bottom of my bongs downstem and I've been constantly dabbing it as well.

Darb,
Reactions: Tweek

Brayden

the dank one
Ive tried the tool from the G-pen and it doesn't reach far enough up the atomizer. Same with a hairpin. Just wondering if anyone came up with anything smart yet. :)

Brayden,

JCat

Accessory Maker
I've been trying to scrape it out of the bottom of the atomizer before it drops out and have only missed one drop to-date. I've just been using the end of a flat dabber/scrapper as when I tried going in deeper, there wasn't much there (most drips down to near the bottom). Without something to catch it I've been scraping out 2-3 times a day and getting a couple small dabs worth each time (I don't have much accumulated though because it tastes so darn good I can't resist myself :))

darkrom

Great Scott!
Thanks for the info. Love this community.

Can't wait to see the first person who saves up a gram of subliminated-hash (what I'm calling it unless someone has a better name lol). Call it a race if you will ;)

stickstones

Vapor concierge
I want a definitive answer to this:

1 -- I don't get where the screen(s) should go. There are two lips in the bowl...a higher one and a lower one. Mine came with a screen wedged into the lower one and a second screen in a bag. How many screens should be in place when in use and where should it/they go? It sounds like the screen is supposed to go above the first lip, but both my screens fall into the hole just enough to get stuck and rotate like a flap valve instead of resting on either lip. I think Enrico is saying one screen goes at the upper lip with no screen on the lower one, but I can't really tell. If this is the case I will need to get a bigger screen.

stickstones,

Tweek

I want a definitive answer to this:

1 -- I don't get where the screen(s) should go. There are two lips in the bowl...a higher one and a lower one. Mine came with a screen wedged into the lower one and a second screen in a bag. How many screens should be in place when in use and where should it/they go? It sounds like the screen is supposed to go above the first lip, but both my screens fall into the hole just enough to get stuck and rotate like a flap valve instead of resting on either lip. I think Enrico is saying one screen goes at the upper lip with no screen on the lower one, but I can't really tell. If this is the case I will need to get a bigger screen.

If you drop a new screen in, where it lands (top rim) is where it can stay. If you want it to lodge in there, you can try to push it down by 2mm...it's frustrating, so I just leave mine on top. If yours is cut too small, then you may need a new screen or can try to lodge it in there.

1 screen, any type is all you need.

Tweek,
Reactions: satyrday

smokum

I am who I am and your approval isn't needed!
Mine came the same way as Sticks.....

Is there 'any' reason NOT to just leave the lodged in screen in the lower part AND use a loose one up top for easy dumping ? (my spare in the envelope seems to sit 'just right' above the lower section).

smokum,

Tweek

Mine came the same way as Sticks.....

Is there 'any' reason NOT to just leave the lodged in screen in the lower part AND use a loose one up top for easy dumping ? (my spare in the envelope seems to sit 'just right' above the lower section).

You want to make sure there is enough room under the screen for the process to work correctly. If you lodge the screen way down, it will cut into that space. Best to push it up or leave it loose in the bowl.

Tweek,
Top Bottom