Discontinued The Sublimator

mnd99

SLIM I HAVE TO APOLOGISE TO YOU FOR MY LACK OF OBJECTIVITY AND I BEG YOUR PARDON .PLEASE ACCEPT MY SINCERE APOLOGIES..I AM BLINDED BY THIS PROJECT,ONCE AGAIN I APOLOGISE TO YOU SIR

I apologize for this off topic post...I only came across cause I'm following this thread like a hawk! I want the full kit as well :D

Anyway, I have a sister who is on the high end of the autistic spectrum. one of her favorite things to do is to sit by my chair while I use the computer... because I read things out loud! Yes! I'm weird too :D Sometimes she would make these 1 or 2 word comments to things I read...can be quite entertaining. Oh and she also speaks like Yoda - example - "Bathroom, I go".. SO I was reading out loud the long reply/review/report of SLIM that made enrico upset..as soon I finished reading - she said loudly "HONEST, NOT"...I thought it was funny..so maybe I'm trying to say don't feel too bad enrico! maybe we all interpret things differently all the time...and then there is the plant...maybe it lets you see things better sometimes :D Enrico said he was going to make a video - he sublimated - apologizes...Isn't the plant cute!! :D

Sorry again for the offtopic! keep going with more Sublimator updates!!

stickstones

Vapor concierge
damn! the head high is creeping up more and more as I sit here.

Enrico's new name is the milkman, because this thing is the milk king. I've never gotten milky vapor like that. and it is extremely smooth. I am bringing this over to a friend's house tonight and I am looking forward to taking a few more hits. But one is amazing!

Enrico

Manufacturer
Three hits in and getting ready for a fourth.

I get what SliM is saying, because I was surprised at how pronounced the head high was...and I am usually chasing that! So far the effect is very different than I was expecting. I was expecting a very heavy body stone that would knock me out. Instead I am really enjoying this sativa type high. I have been hitting it on medium and have it just a little bit higher for this next session.

the screen is bugging me. The bottom of the bowl has a lip...let's call this X. There is a second lip above the atomizer...lets call this Y. My unit came with a screen wedged into place at Y with an extra screen in a bag. I can push this screen higher so that it is between X and Y. Here it is loose. Then I can push it hard to get it above X. But here it is not wedged. Instead it spins vertically. None of my screens fall into place when just thrown in there. My initial thought is the screens are just a tad too small to fit right at X. Maybe heat expansion has something to do with it. Help me! Right now I have wedged it back into place at Y.

Now to get subbed!
you can wedge it just not all the way at the bottom where the atomiser stands you need a free space between the atomizer and the screen

Enrico,
Reactions: Tweek

bassplayer

This is a total longshot but I'm wondering since this device seems to give users more of a head experience, maybe the body-affecting chemicals are ending up in the reclaim oil?

bassplayer,

VaporEyes

Vaporization Aficionado
Accessory Maker
This is a total longshot but I'm wondering since this device seems to give users more of a head experience, maybe the body-affecting chemicals are ending up in the reclaim oil?

I think that has to do more with temperature settings; rather than anything being lost to the "sublimate".

Enrico, future Sublimators will have the digital control box, correct? That would make temperature adjustments far easier than the analog dial.

VaporEyes,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
is the screen supposed to be at X or Y?

enrico...is the only difference between the 14mm and 18mm the silicone? my atomizer fits into a 14mm joint until it hits the silicone. if it's just the silicone, cam I order a 14mm one and install it?

stickstones,
Reactions: Tweek

Enrico

Manufacturer
I think that has to do more with temperature settings; rather than anything being lost to the "sublimate".

Enrico, future Sublimators will have the digital control box, correct? That would make temperature adjustments far easier than the analog dial.
i understand the importance of bells and wissels ,could not wait another year.to launch out i would of loose sublimator inc because electronic is almost always the cause of defect...but i sweari am on it i am on it

Tweek

is the screen supposed to be at X or Y?

enrico...is the only difference between the 14mm and 18mm the silicone? my atomizer fits into a 14mm joint until it hits the silicone. if it's just the silicone, cam I order a 14mm one and install it?

From what I gather, it can sit on X or be pushed 2mm below. I found pushing it to be a pain in the ass, so I just leave it loose on top of lip X

Tweek,

VaporEyes

Vaporization Aficionado
Accessory Maker
i understand the importance of bells and wissels ,could not wait another year.to launch out i would of loose sublimator inc because electronic is almost always the cause of defect...but i sweari am on it i am on it

Bells and whistles can be tacked on at a later time :).
So, another year before digital control? Would a new Apollo heater need to be purchased for digital control, instead of a dial?

video is up guys

that herb guy

"PV is coming out with a finer screen for filtering particles//cleaner oil"

:clap::rockon: I wondered about that when I saw the can of 'sublimesin" (sublimator-resin?). Quite honestly looked kind of offputting in that shot :uhoh:. Maybe that is just me.

I don't have the luxury of available oils locally, but being able to put through a decent reclaim would be pretty nice. A filter to help keep that as clean as possible is a welcome addition.:tup:

satyrday

I've been looking for a plug-in lamp dimmer that has digital control. Seems if it can handle the wattage then this would be a good way to more precisely set the Sub level - just keep the Sub on max and let the dimmer vary it.

Something like this with 4x4=16 levels which you can customize:

16_Channel_Remote_Light_Dimmer_Learn_Type_Dimmer_ZTC_L316_401.jpg

I can't actually find this for sale though (on a reputable site), or anything like it. Anybody know of one or see a problem with this?

It's all good... I was just confused there for a bit. :whoa: A cool GonG stand with a really heavy base, or a suction cup base would be neat/safe? I am sure things will get modified and sorted out accordingly. ;) Thanks for the clarification.

I want to get a ash-catcher/2nd chamber soon anyway. I think it would make cleaning/reclaim easier.

Edit: what about slide right joint wax on the Teflon?

It's a mix, but the first few were dry. I also tried the bubble dry and it was quite tasty. I tried water and did not notice much of a difference in intensity. I went back to water for a bit. Might try more dry tomorrow using some different rigs... I think the DG Frit would be interesting dry.

I'm way behind on this thread lol but this is isn't what I was thinking the same thing and never got around to posting it. Like a Hydratube stand with female/female on the top?

darkrom

Great Scott!
Enrico can you show a pic of some of the oil that is left after using this thing?

I'm really into body effects MUCH more than the sativa feel, but I'm also into "free" oil :D

darkrom,

Enrico

Manufacturer
I've been looking for a plug-in lamp dimmer that has digital control. Seems if it can handle the wattage then this would be a good way to more precisely set the Sub level - just keep the Sub on max and let the dimmer vary it.

16_Channel_Remote_Light_Dimmer_Learn_Type_Dimmer_ZTC_L316_401.jpg

I can't actually find this for sale though (on a reputable site), or anything like it. Anybody know of one or see a problem with this?
i love it

bassplayer

yeah, I was wondering about something like a Variac though I'm certainly no electrician and am very possibly barking up the wrong tree (which could be dangerous when electricity is involved!)

bassplayer,
Top Bottom