Discontinued The Sublimator

green2brown

Does anyone else feel the "BAR" being raised a bit...?

Difficult question. In some aspects yes, in some aspects no, and in other aspects it's a completely different bar.

The Sublimator takes vaping concentrates to the next level IMO. It's just like dabbing, but significantly cleaner tasting with a hit so smooth I've yet to cough. No vape I've used can do with concentrates what the Sub can. So in that respect, the bar has been raised.

With flower? This is a completely different beast than anything out there. Does it hit harder? Yes, I think so. Does it taste better? IMO yes. Flavor was the first thing one of my buddy's commented on when he tried it out. Is it smoother than any other vape? Without a doubt. But does it take vaping to the next level? Um... It takes it to a different level. For example, Wicked Legend PK is my go-to daytime indica. It typically has a bit of weight to it but nothing incapacitating, does a solid job numbing stomach pain, and has a nice euphoric head high. I ran a bowl through the Sub yesterday afternoon and found myself weighted down to the couch caught in an almost hour long laughing fit (on and off, though mainly on). Then in the evening I ran a bowl of the same strain through my Cloud before going out and got MUCH milder effects. I was uplifted, my pain was mostly gone, but I was fully functional. I was hoping I'd be able to sell the Cloud after getting the Sub, but it turns out I'll be using the Cloud for daytime use and the Sub at night.

Where is the Sublimator lacking? My only complaint about the FUNCTION of the Sub is it's use of conduction (though it's still primarily convection). I know this is part of its process, so it isn't really a negative. I just prefer the purity of all convection, but that's my personal preference and I understand that the Sublimator can't do what it does without the conduction aspect... or can it maybe? I don't know.

Of course, I also have issues with the cord and temp dial as I've previously stated - they're just too cheap for the price we're paying - as well as the heat hazards of the unit. The stand just isn't stable enough, so I'll probably look to either create my own or add weight to the stock one.

Aside from those few minor complaints, none of which are deal breakers for me and shouldn't be for most people, I'm really digging this device. It's a different experience, undoubtedly, and deserves our attention.

Tweek

If I can get the spare time and the proper motivating buzz going, you all might be in for something. I've made as ass out of myself for much less :nod:.

That's the spirit! :cheers:

Edit: G2B have you tried to lower the temp on the sub a bit below what you are used to using on the cloud? Reason I ask, is I find I can get away with a cooler temp than on my other units for the same effect. Not sure if I am making any sense...

Tweek

i was looking at the e-nail originally, but you guys are saying this can hit concentrate and flower?

Yep. You put the flowers in the bowl, and then put your dabs in the side air holes they call craters (where you see the red in my photo). I think the nail was designed for larger groups or if you enjoy fat dabs in general. It can do flowers as well, but not to the same effect due to the design/heat output from what I understand.

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Tweek...I will be playing with low temps to see what different effects we can get. Are you saying you are getting a good sativa type high at lower temps, or does this thing just turns on the couch lock all the time?

green2brown

That's the spirit! :cheers:

Edit: G2B have you tried to lower the temp on the sub a bit below what you are used to using on the cloud? Reason I ask, is I find I can get away with a cooler temp than on my other units for the same effect. Not sure if I am making any sense...

Yeah I've been messing around with temp a bit and agree with what you're saying. I just tried a pure sativa on 'high' and here's how I'd describe it: the head high from vaping and the body high from combusting. There's a little bit of weight on me right now. Not much, but it's noticeable. This strain vaped on high temp has no body high whatsoever. So maybe there is a bit more CBN as has been theorized previously? Regardless, I like it. I get a little indica-like medicinal benefit from a sativa. That's a plus if you ask me. Though I gotta say, CBN typically makes me groggy and gives me mild headaches, but this doesn't.

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
Yep. You put the flowers in the bowl, and then put your dabs in the side air holes they call craters (where you see the red in my photo). I think the nail was designed for larger groups or if you enjoy fat dabs in general. It can do flowers as well, but not to the same effect due to the design/heat output from what I understand.

oooh that might work, although i do drop large dabs. i can see the side of it dripping already, lol.
gonna hafta practice my imitation maybe :brow:

Bob Loblaw,
Reactions: Tweek

Tweek

Tweek...I will be playing with low temps to see what different effects we can get. Are you saying you are getting a good sativa type high at lower temps, or does this thing just turns on the couch lock all the time?

The strain I am using is Sativa dominant, so at lower temps I notice it right off the bat, and get great energy. Wasn't feeling that good when I was using the same strain in my Volcano. At higher temps, it does knock me out the way G2B is describing.

Going based off feel alone, it definitely seems like the unit is extracting more completely in one shot than my other devices.

Yeah I've been messing around with temp a bit and agree with what you're saying. I just tried a pure sativa on 'high' and here's how I'd describe it: the head high from vaping and the body high from combusting. There's a little bit of weight on me right now. Not much, but it's noticeable. This strain vaped on high temp has no body high whatsoever. So maybe there is a bit more CBN as has been theorized previously? Regardless, I like it. I get a little indica-like medicinal benefit from a sativa. That's a plus if you ask me. Though I gotta say, CBN typically makes me groggy and gives me mild headaches, but this doesn't.

I thought about the CBN theory, and I'm just not smart enough to figure out if that is what is happening. I only notice the heavy feel if I cache it all at once, to a coffee ground colour. A light golden, seems to get me energized nicely.

I think what is happening, is that we have to readjust our ideal temps/amounts when it comes to the sublimator.

oooh that might work, although i do drop large dabs. i can see the side of it dripping already, lol.
gonna hafta practice my imitation maybe :brow:

Do it :rockon: I want to see a Bob Loblaw Enrico impression. :spliff:

Edit: For the record, I vaped the crap out of this particular strain using my Volcano before getting the Sublimator. My first hit in the sublimator, made it feel like a whole new strain. I even got that feel in my eyes the way Jcat has described.

I'm not promising anyone that this is magic, but the effects are there and they are unique in my opinion.

green2brown

For cleaning, do we just break up the atomizer and drop it into ISO for a soak? And then give the heater an ISO wipe down? My atomizer is getting pretty dirty already.

green2brown,

Enrico

Manufacturer
For cleaning, do we just break up the atomizer and drop it into ISO for a soak? And then give the heater an ISO wipe down? My atomizer is getting pretty dirty already.
just scrape the inside while hot as long as you see the metal everywhere your good. but yews when you clean it drop it in iso before bed

Enrico

Manufacturer
Does this make me the first person in Oregon that is going to have a Sublimator?? :brow:
(planet vape)and canabis culture are the only authorize dealers westcoast gift still did not have there ordre at hand... so you are the first and only one in your state to use the sublimator

Difficult question. In some aspects yes, in some aspects no, and in other aspects it's a completely different bar.

The Sublimator takes vaping concentrates to the next level IMO. It's just like dabbing, but significantly cleaner tasting with a hit so smooth I've yet to cough. No vape I've used can do with concentrates what the Sub can. So in that respect, the bar has been raised.

With flower? This is a completely different beast than anything out there. Does it hit harder? Yes, I think so. Does it taste better? IMO yes. Flavor was the first thing one of my buddy's commented on when he tried it out. Is it smoother than any other vape? Without a doubt. But does it take vaping to the next level? Um... It takes it to a different level. For example, Wicked Legend PK is my go-to daytime indica. It typically has a bit of weight to it but nothing incapacitating, does a solid job numbing stomach pain, and has a nice euphoric head high. I ran a bowl through the Sub yesterday afternoon and found myself weighted down to the couch caught in an almost hour long laughing fit (on and off, though mainly on). Then in the evening I ran a bowl of the same strain through my Cloud before going out and got MUCH milder effects. I was uplifted, my pain was mostly gone, but I was fully functional. I was hoping I'd be able to sell the Cloud after getting the Sub, but it turns out I'll be using the Cloud for daytime use and the Sub at night.

Where is the Sublimator lacking? My only complaint about the FUNCTION of the Sub is it's use of conduction (though it's still primarily convection). I know this is part of its process, so it isn't really a negative. I just prefer the purity of all convection, but that's my personal preference and I understand that the Sublimator can't do what it does without the conduction aspect... or can it maybe? I don't know.

Of course, I also have issues with the cord and temp dial as I've previously stated - they're just too cheap for the price we're paying - as well as the heat hazards of the unit. The stand just isn't stable enough, so I'll probably look to either create my own or add weight to the stock one.

Aside from those few minor complaints, none of which are deal breakers for me and shouldn't be for most people, I'm really digging this device. It's a different experience, undoubtedly, and deserves our attention.
talking like a tru subn'er i love it

i realize after a while that, if you run an indica you will be indicated, if yo run the saliva then sativised,i guess waht i am trying to say is strains matters much more.
hybrids are amazing to play with. and for the biggest out of body experience.... dabing over weed wow!!!!but be careful might turn your stomach, BEWARE(professionel only)

green2brown

Anyone run enough material through their Sub yet to get a little reclaim? I just stuck a dabber up into the bottom of the atomizer and scraped a little bit out. It's a nice looking amber oil. A bit difficult to collect with a ball-tipped dabber though and the scoop end doesn't fit.

Jeremy Driscoll

Wow. One of the greatest reviews I've ever read. I love how in depth you are. And how you make comparisons between this and the cloud. Great job. And although this is a new vaping experience all together so it is not easy to decide which is officially generally opinionated as to which vaporizer is better then the competitiion. But comparing a well respected and loved vape such as the "cloud" and in comparison calling it "milder effects" is a step in that direction towards which device is better than which other device. Exellent job on the long indepth review. I know this doesn't answer every question in the world about comparing devices in VS each other but it is a great success in information.

I do have a couple of questions......

When comparing the cloud and sublimator if you had to pick one based on an opinionated guess from any experience.......Which is "better" at extraction? For example if you used ABV from Sublimator and put it in the cloud, would you get anything?

And visa versa too. Like if you used ABV from Cloud and put it in a Sublimator would anything be left?

And before I forget. Thank you for comparing. Non flower to flower differences. I only use whole herb, never concentrates so that was ESPECIALLY important.

It's called science, and using what Enrico has showed us about his design, to come to my conclusion. If this was a complex vaporizer, that was a mystery in design, and I didn't know how the substances in cannabis works, I would not say anything but, since I have felt these effects, and can clearly see what is happening, I'm giving my input. Nothing is "theory" or a mystery as to what is going on. I'm happy for Enrico to see people enjoying his product, but that doesn't mean I can't explain my part about it, at least technically. From the start of the discussion in the other thread that has been closed, I stated it was a high temperature vaporizer, the restriction is cooling the vapor, and the vapor is thick because of this cooling as well as excess air. Also the oxidation occurring. So far I have been right about the heater being hot, and the restriction cooling things down. Only science will prove about the cbn but I know how those effects feel, and going by peoples post this is what they are feeling.

Your post is an example of why I will not be giving my take on vaporizing techniques to improve absorption, and effects or how a lot of vaporizers work any longer. I see I'm getting people mad, as usual, and don't want to derail the thread or others. Maybe it's time to move on anyway. Have fun.

Wait. I love your advice. I've been researching and taking notes. And if you stop then less advice to go off of.

mod note: Please avoid back-to-back posts, use Edit instead. Two posts merged.

wootze

Hi yall. What I want to know is how hot is any stainless steel getting?
There's chrome in that stuff, y'know. Red hot? maybe not.

wootze,

Tweek

Took a nice hit of some QWISO again...smooth and tasty. Dabbing on this thing is so much fun...:smug:

Enrico...is it ok to boil the atomizer if we want to clean it up for travel? I also notice the bowl unscrews...any problems if we take it apart for better cleaning?

jambandphan03

in flavor country
you are up early Tweek :D ... I know he said you could Iso soak it... would be good to know about boiling. I can't wait for mine to get here, been stalking the tracking... won't update till tomorrow... :lol: I may have found a use for that heavy TET Ultralite case I still have (thing is a chunk of metal), it may be a nice weight for the Sub stand, to keep it from tipping. Been clearing space on my desk in anticipation...

Tweek

I'm an early bird...and I admit that hitting the sublimator was the first thing I thought of. :party:

A clear desk is a good idea. It is such a beautiful device, it looks great on a desk or coffee table paired with a nice piece of glass. :brow:

I feel for you! Hope everything gets there first thing tomorrow morning. Just be sure to be patient and let it burn off the residue...it was hard, but worth it once it was nice and seasoned. :D

Vapinghole

Low-Temp Hempist / JedHI Master
I'm an early bird...and I admit that hitting the sublimator was the first thing I thought of.

A clear desk is a good idea. It is such a beautiful device, it looks great on a desk or coffee table paired with a nice piece of glass. :brow:

Haha, Tweek! I felt the same way after first getting my Cloud. And the Sub looks beautiful, indeed. Kinda has a combo of retro and futuristic aspects.

Top Bottom