Discontinued The Sublimator

green2brown

Hi yall. What I want to know is how hot is any stainless steel getting?
There's chrome in that stuff, y'know. Red hot? maybe not.

HOT. That's the best answer I can give. The handles on both the Apollo heater and atomizer stay cool to the touch, but everything else gets insanely hot. I've got a few burns already - a couple because I was dumb and decided to touch the heater and atomizer to see if they were really that hot, and one because the stand fell over and the heater hit my hand. With proper caution burns are avoidable, but I'd expect to get one or two if you have a curious or clumsy nature. Add a little extra weight to the stand and there shouldn't be any tipping issues, though.

green2brown

When comparing the cloud and sublimator if you had to pick one based on an opinionated guess from any experience.......Which is "better" at extraction? For example if you used ABV from Sublimator and put it in the cloud, would you get anything?

And visa versa too. Like if you used ABV from Cloud and put it in a Sublimator would anything be left?

I haven't tested this yet, but perhaps I can this evening. If I had to guess, I'd say they're about equal. My bowls have been coming thoroughly cooked out of the Sub, just like with the Cloud. The Sub allows for higher temps though, so you can get a darker ABV than you can with the Cloud if that's your goal. I'll give an update tonight after I hopefully have the time to run some Sub ABV through the Cloud and vice versa.

green2brown,
Reactions: VaporEyes

Enrico

Manufacturer
Took a nice hit of some QWISO again...smooth and tasty. Dabbing on this thing is so much fun...:smug:

Enrico...is it ok to boil the atomizer if we want to clean it up for travel? I also notice the bowl unscrews...any problems if we take it apart for better cleaning?
you can do pretty much everything u want to it exept direct heat in the teflon.
by the way guys ,i can't emphasize enough on what i am about to write.. do not at eany time unscrew the appolo from the handle. never unscrew it . if it feels loose at eany point in time then turn it off wait until the appolo is cold and screw it has hard has you can . it happend to me once in a year but it was my owne fault i was quite Sublifried, the apollo never need clean up .
unpluging the hole from your giant dabs should be your only concern.
if they ever get stuck together (apollo and atomizer) a couple firm hits with your dabber should unstuck em!!(this only happen to excessive dabbers...this is why i came up with the titan hammer

Detonator

ok good it hasn't started yet, well im starting by only speaking like him for the rest of the day, getting some props together, and I am looking for some film students from the local community colledge to help with editing, lol ok im kidding about the last thing............. Par-tay

this guy is cool as hell... dabbing in China....wow!

rules shmooles

poonman

ok good it hasn't started yet, well im starting by only speaking like him for the rest of the day, getting some props together, and I am looking for some film students from the local community colledge to help with editing, lol ok im kidding about the last thing............. Par-tay

rules shmooles

Actually , your local college kids ' may ' have the best herbs around ....
Good idea tho , it may work .

poonman,

Live-N-Learn

Higher, Higher, Baby...

this guy is cool as hell... dabbing in China....wow!

rules shmooles
Nice job. You got the long hair wig on deck yet?
If anybody needs an idea... use your cat or dog as a friend and ask them if they would like to get sublimated! Thats all ill say, I dont want to give the whole idea away. lol

And its good to see the Cloud vs Sub comparisons starting to surface.

Live-N-Learn,

satyrday

^Someone should also throw in a Jim Carrey 'Fire Marshal Bill' for a product safety reminder.

mqdefault.jpg

Breathemetal

When will the High On Gear Kit be available...and more importantly the SPACE TRAVEEELLL kit?

The Space Travel one is the one i am most interested in, it looks dope.
Portable Subbin? Hell yeah! Sounds good to me.
Throw some ice in there and bam, cool sublimattttions

Brayden

the dank one
amen to that brother, all I do is spend day and night thinking about the sublimator on its way :D soooooooooooooooo excited to hit that badboy

Brayden,

Pickz

Vapes on vapes on vapes!
To quote Wikipedia out of context and referring to Sublimation as it relates to psychology:
Wikipedia said:
Sigmund Freud believed that sublimation was a sign of maturity (indeed, of civilization), allowing people to function normally in culturally acceptable ways.
Seems about right to me :D.

smokum

I am who I am and your approval isn't needed!
Hey Tweak..........

No self trial on the double whammy Enrico mentioned ? Come on man... your the guy to report on this DAB & BUD drool'er recipe, and better yet....... make a vid of it ! :nod:

Tweek

Hey Tweak..........

No self trial on the double whammy Enrico mentioned ? Come on man... your the guy to report on this DAB & BUD drool'er recipe, and better yet....... make a vid of it ! :nod:

Oh I plan on trying...just need to restock. :brow:

Tweek,
Reactions: smokum

smokum

I am who I am and your approval isn't needed!
Just pulled the trigger on an Adapt-A-Bong as I was ordering some other stuff..... My spousal unit is gonna chit her panties & not in the cheerful pleasant kinda way :uhoh:, but I just couldn't resist as I have a canna-friend from the East Coast doing his annual visit and had the inkling to subject him to some heavy medicating for his fibro (since he's been complaining of not finding 'his strain' to appease it).

With his only vape exposure to an Iolite and doobs, I think the SUB will enhance the possibilities with an attempt with Cannatonic and/or Otto :brow:

Oh I plan on trying...just need to restock. :brow:

Aww..... bummer !

Too bad ya weren't a neighbour, I have an assortment of bud & concentrates I could subject you too :D

Tweek

I tells ya, if I had FC members as neighbours, I would never run dry. Might even get some eggs tossed at my house. :spliff: Smokum, would have loved to have destroyed myself and you with the sublimator. A good night that would be indeed....And Dorkus, I gave it a whirl tonight, and nobody was interested. Seems hairy lady men just are not as popular as they used to be.

I took some of the lightly vaped duff that I had and tossed it in at a higher temp. Hit me right in the eyes...:smug:

wootze

HOT. That's the best answer I can give. The handles on both the Apollo heater and atomizer stay cool to the touch, but everything else gets insanely hot. I've got a few burns already - a couple because I was dumb and decided to touch the heater and atomizer to see if they were really that hot, and one because the stand fell over and the heater hit my hand. With proper caution burns are avoidable, but I'd expect to get one or two if you have a curious or clumsy nature. Add a little extra weight to the stand and there shouldn't be any tipping issues, though.

Thanks, well put.

wootze,

green2brown

Just tried out some full melt in the atomizer. I'm struggling to articulate what I want to say right now. So simply, awesome. The flavor was amazing. It took one hit to finish. And the biggest difference between this hash hit and one off the Cloud or E-Nano (a previous favorite of mine for hash) is how incredibly smooth it was. Hash through the Cloud and Nano was always really hot to me and would irritate my throat with too big a hit. The Sub produced a hit so smooth that I didn't even so much as feel a tickle in my throat. So yeah, I'm liking the Sublimator more and more. It medicates me more thoroughly than any other vape. That's for sure.

Enrico, is it safe to run the Sub 24/7? I've been running it about 8-10 hours a day so far without a problem.

Top Bottom