Discontinued The Sublimator

Enrico

Manufacturer
qJgkrvP.jpg

my set up for this evening. had it running for a few hours already and im thoroughly impressed; its able to kill a bowl in one almighty hit, and regardless of draw speed, it keeps up. also got some tips from planet vape regarding early usage:

"Grind your flowers to a medium / fine consistency, recommended to use our Volcano Grinder

On a brand new Sublimator, clean the lower section which contains the cone shaped bowl and the atomizer very thoroughly with ISO (Isopropyl Alcohol) to remove any machining residues.

If a screen is not already installed at the bottom of the cone, insert a screen (included) from the top of the cone and push it down until properly seated.

Place the Apollo heat injector on to the top of the cone and place both parts as an assembled unit in to the stand or your water tool.

On a brand new Sublimator, turn your Sublimator on by rotating the temp selector wheel on the power cord to the full power position and let it run at full temp for 20-30 minutes to burn off any manufacturing oils. Then back the power dial off by about ? turn. A small turn of the power wheel makes a big difference in temperature once you are in the 75% to 100% power range. Make small incremental power changes and wait about 10 minutes for the Sublimator to stabilize at your new temperature.

On a cold Sublimator, wait 10-12 minutes for the Sublimator to heat up to your desired temperature and reach thermal equilibrium. The heat injector and cone / atomizer must reach the same temperature through heat conduction.

Once thermal equilibrium has been reached, using the upper handle lift off the heat injector and place 0.1 gram – 0.15 gram of dried herbs in to the top of the cone and give it a quick stir with a heat proof stir tool to ensure your herbs are not clumped together.

Place the Apollo heat injector back on to the top of the cone and place both parts as an assembled unit in to your water tool if not already there. The use of water in your water tool is optional, try using it dry first.

Take a nice long hard / fast inhalation, lifting the lower handle attached to the cone / atomizer when your lungs are near capacity to clear your water tool.

Wait 30 seconds between hits to see if you need another, always stir your herbs between hits.

Aways empty spent bowl while it is still at its hottest, a cool bowl is much harder to empty cleanly.

Remember to turn off your Sublimator when finished, there is no timer.

The Sublimator is a serious medical tool, the metal parts get extremely hot and serious burns / fire can result if touched / dropped or put in to contact with any flammable materials. Please use caution and common sense when using the Sublimator. Always remember to turn off your Sublimator when finished, there is no timer."

wise words, im sure
amazing job

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
I used to do saliva from time to time. I started taking a anti-depressent at the time. It said it could interact with saliva and I could die or something. Have not used it since then. I have had some of the most intense out of body experiences on that stuff.

I like the red glowing eye. Can't wait to get mine. I paid for the XpressPost 3 day select. It might arrive tomorrow, but more likely monday.

I am really digging the re-claim buddy thing. I would use that just to keep everything safely hooked up and you can move it from water pipe to water pipe. :tup:

stickstones

Vapor concierge
PV...I would want that cross stem to be wide enough to allow it to clear a bubbler. as it sits now it looks like the nectar tip is too low and would hit the bubbler and keep the joint below the carb from fitting into the bubbler downstem. I'm thinking of getting an 18mm to 18mm extender to put into the carb joint of my buddy to make it deep enough to accept the atomizer. Then I could clear from the same joint yours would and the nectar would collect in the bottom of the cross bar in the buddy. If you did something like this, the carb would be below the Apollo and would benefit from a 45 degree angle away from the Apollo.

oh...and I love the packaging with the exploding head!

satyrday

I feel like a kid pinching myself on Christmas morning even though I haven't even gotten mine yet. Seems there is a Santa Clause. Thanks Enrico!

(this is my preliminary preliminary review - tone might change after I try it)

green2brown

OOOOUUUUUCH :cuss:. A friend knocked the table after taking a rip and the Apollo heater and stand fell over hitting my hand and scorching my finger pretty badly. THIS IS NOT A TOY.

On a brighter note, both friends who have tried my Sub say it's the highest they've ever been. And hitting a bowl with bud and concentrate... there's one hell of an experience, let me tell you.

satyrday

Hope the burn is not too bad Green2. Gotta say it adds to its cool factor a bit that it can be so damn dangerous, like having a pet alligator. I think I will get a big and deep pyrex baking dish to put my rig in (that won't add to the cool factor). Something I can set down the heater quickly and safely into if needed.

vakedcow

Gentle cow vaper and halloween kiddo
wow, nice reviews and details so far, thanks for all the info's everybody !

And Enrico is also here now... this is great :tup:

From what I read so far concerning huge hits and smoothness I really want to join the Sublimating "Sub" Culture :lol:
But still resisting just getting the 110 V version

Old School

Vape13man
I'm tracking mine through customs as well, jam. I hope I'm not over-anticipating when I read about jcat's eyes. I haven't felt that since college!

My biggest question is what does this do to a person's tolerance. If it has massive extraction from a small sample, that will save money, but if we are absorbing more than with a regular vape, will a regular vape not be enough after a while? I'm looking forward to testing this out!

Does anyone else feel the "BAR" being raised a bit...?

It's called science, and using what Enrico has showed us about his design, to come to my conclusion. If this was a complex vaporizer, that was a mystery in design, and I didn't know how the substances in cannabis works, I would not say anything but, since I have felt these effects, and can clearly see what is happening, I'm giving my input. Nothing is "theory" or a mystery as to what is going on. I'm happy for Enrico to see people enjoying his product, but that doesn't mean I can't explain my part about it, at least technically. From the start of the discussion in the other thread that has been closed, I stated it was a high temperature vaporizer, the restriction is cooling the vapor, and the vapor is thick because of this cooling as well as excess air. Also the oxidation occurring. So far I have been right about the heater being hot, and the restriction cooling things down. Only science will prove about the cbn but I know how those effects feel, and going by peoples post this is what they are feeling.

Your post is an example of why I will not be giving my take on vaporizing techniques to improve absorption, and effects or how a lot of vaporizers work any longer. I see I'm getting people mad, as usual, and don't want to derail the thread or others. Maybe it's time to move on anyway. Have fun.

I for one have really enjoyed what you have brought to this forum and have often found myself rereading just to be sure I fully understand your message....this new approach is very exciting and innovative technology leaving many of us wondering what & how...... and then in walks a post from "luciano" who is a bit like one guy on that show...Bill Nye the Science Guy I think that was it..... I had written a bunch of other good reasons and things about why you should stay tuned......
But simply if his post is an example of why you shouldn't post then PLEASE allow mine to be a good example as well.....of WHY you should post....Thank You....
I really like this forum....
Stay true to you....

Tweek

Sorry to hear about the burn G2B...folks are definitely going to want a stable piece to sit the sublimator on. I know there were some users who wanted to use their $40 bubbler, but I wouldn't recommend it. A good solid piece on a clear table with nothing to trip on or knock things over, is ideal...and don't let clumsy friends use it :lmao:

Tweek

you should not opperate your unit with the red eye.if the red yet show bring your temp down a bit , even for dabs this is to high ..u can let it go that high for cleaning purposes only

Probably should of clarified when I posted, that I was intentionally combusting some Salvia. Thanks for the tips Enrico! :rockon:

Enrico

Manufacturer
Probably should of clarified when I posted, that I was intentionally combusting some Salvia. Thanks for the tips Enrico! :rockon:
please TWEEK take no offence in this ,i am only curius have you tried at the same temp as the herb without burning it i never did salvia .but my friend makes it and it is an salvia oil concentrate over salvia leafs ,i theory you should not have to combust.i could be totally wrong tho i never did salvia

qJgkrvP.jpg

my set up for this evening. had it running for a few hours already and im thoroughly impressed; its able to kill a bowl in one almighty hit, and regardless of draw speed, it keeps up. also got some tips from planet vape regarding early usage:

"Grind your flowers to a medium / fine consistency, recommended to use our Volcano Grinder

On a brand new Sublimator, clean the lower section which contains the cone shaped bowl and the atomizer very thoroughly with ISO (Isopropyl Alcohol) to remove any machining residues.

If a screen is not already installed at the bottom of the cone, insert a screen (included) from the top of the cone and push it down until properly seated.

Place the Apollo heat injector on to the top of the cone and place both parts as an assembled unit in to the stand or your water tool.

On a brand new Sublimator, turn your Sublimator on by rotating the temp selector wheel on the power cord to the full power position and let it run at full temp for 20-30 minutes to burn off any manufacturing oils. Then back the power dial off by about ? turn. A small turn of the power wheel makes a big difference in temperature once you are in the 75% to 100% power range. Make small incremental power changes and wait about 10 minutes for the Sublimator to stabilize at your new temperature.

On a cold Sublimator, wait 10-12 minutes for the Sublimator to heat up to your desired temperature and reach thermal equilibrium. The heat injector and cone / atomizer must reach the same temperature through heat conduction.

Once thermal equilibrium has been reached, using the upper handle lift off the heat injector and place 0.1 gram – 0.15 gram of dried herbs in to the top of the cone and give it a quick stir with a heat proof stir tool to ensure your herbs are not clumped together.

Place the Apollo heat injector back on to the top of the cone and place both parts as an assembled unit in to your water tool if not already there. The use of water in your water tool is optional, try using it dry first.

Take a nice long hard / fast inhalation, lifting the lower handle attached to the cone / atomizer when your lungs are near capacity to clear your water tool.

Wait 30 seconds between hits to see if you need another, always stir your herbs between hits.

Aways empty spent bowl while it is still at its hottest, a cool bowl is much harder to empty cleanly.

Remember to turn off your Sublimator when finished, there is no timer.

The Sublimator is a serious medical tool, the metal parts get extremely hot and serious burns / fire can result if touched / dropped or put in to contact with any flammable materials. Please use caution and common sense when using the Sublimator. Always remember to turn off your Sublimator when finished, there is no timer."

wise words, im sure
finally it is the third post i mess up
eanyway!! Would you give me the honnor to include your description in each boxes ????

mod note: Please avoid back-to-back posts, use Edit instead. Two posts merged.

VaporEyes

Vaporization Aficionado
Accessory Maker
finally it is the third post i mess up
eanyway!! Would you give me the honnor to include your description in each boxes ????

That description was provided by PlanetVape. I'm sure they'd happily provide you with a copy to use in your packaging.

VaporEyes,
Reactions: Tweek

Tweek

please TWEEK take no offence in this ,i am only curius have you tried at the same temp as the herb without burning it i never did salvia .but my friend makes it and it is an salvia oil concentrate over salvia leafs ,i theory you should not have to combust.i could be totally wrong tho i never did salvia

No offence at all, my man. I tried a few lower temps before cranking it up and enjoyed a really nice and mellow Salvia trip. I was still able to make some posts on the forum, yet still feel that "tickle" and melty feeling that is enjoyable. I still find I have to combust if I want to get the most of a Salvia trip (full blown mind melt :brow:) , and the smoothness of the Sublimator really helped alot, especially since you have to hold Salvia in for a good amount of time.

The Salvia I am using is ground leaf extract x20 strength.

Top Bottom