Discontinued The Sublimator

JCat

Accessory Maker
Alright ... quick update ... for you Cloud and MiniVAP owners (w/ silicone cone :)), for use with herb, the Sublimator I don't think is anything revolutionary (at least not in my opinion). It hits hard like those other 2 vapes and has the ability to cash a load in one to two hits. The Sublimator does have a higher temperature range even as it can be dialed in high enough to combust. It's ability to dab concentrates in the "craters" is definitely unique and in that respect it gets an A+++.

Edit: It's ability to generate concentrate is unique as well ... some was starting to drip out the bottom of the atomizer so I scraped around the bottom a little and got a nice dabs worth ... very nice redish translucent concentrate and tasted very nice and evaporated nicely out of the crater :)

Tweek

Wish I had a cloud or minivap to compare it to, but I feel confident saying it is a superior experience to the Volcano IMO. The high is clearer and it feels like I am getting more out of my herb vs the Volcano. I think alot of it has to do with the fine mist vapor becomes in the atomizer. So smooth and easy to hold in the lungs.

JCat

Accessory Maker
I owned a Volcano as well Tweek (sold when I got my Cloud :)) ... it is a superior experience IMO as well. I think a big part of it is the quick extraction that is achieved (ie. the ability to vaporize a good size load in 2-3 hits ... and completely ...) The Sublimator may have a slight edge with the atomizer but I find all 3 devices work equally well as far as ability to get one medicated and the differences are more in the subtleties.

Brayden

the dank one
Alright ... quick update ... for you Cloud and MiniVAP owners (w/ silicone cone :)), for use with herb, the Sublimator I don't think is anything revolutionary (at least not in my opinion). It hits hard like those other 2 vapes and has the ability to cash a load in one to two hits. The Sublimator does have a higher temperature range even as it can be dialed in high enough to combust. It's ability to dab concentrates in the "craters" is definitely unique and in that respect it gets an A+++.

Edit: It's ability to generate concentrate is unique as well ... some was starting to drip out the bottom of the atomizer so I scraped around the bottom a little and got a nice dabs worth ... very nice redish translucent concentrate and tasted very nice and evaporated nicely out of the crater :)

very non biased review, I appreciate this.

satyrday

I don't have a cloud or minivap or really any high-powered extractor that's not portable and fire-based, so it sounds like it fits my bill. I can extract a load down to dust if I want with a VG, but it's not always as smooth as I'd like, especially if dry and unfiltered.

JCat

Accessory Maker
I still prefer with water but we'll see how that evolves ... I keep trying both ...

JCat,

Detonator

i am going to post an instructional video in 5 min in m youtube

I saw this

I have been trying to watching your videos all day today. Man, the Sublimator looks awesome!! I see your having a contest and this is my first entry. You didn't exactly say what the rules are yet, I would really love to win an Apollo adapt a bong kit or a full subliminator would be even better. I would love to show it off at the dispenseries in San Francisco and the Bay Area.

click on pic to play

Brayden

the dank one
The one thing I really enjoy so far, is that I can finally get away from having to use water. I tried a bit of warm water the other day, and for the first time, I preferred my vape session without it.

very interesting, what do you find water takes away from the hit in the sub? I know I heard enrico mention it diminishes the taste before.

Brayden,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
I'm also curious to see how the waterless is. Kinda bummed because part of what was interesting me in all the glass was the perc bubble action, which I find to be enjoyable all to itself, but if the Sub performs best dry, then who am I to argue? :lol: No doubt I will test it out for myself, and find what works best for my needs. I already have a glass piece clean and dry, ready to try it out. Might be a few more daze though, my Sub has landed on US soil, but is still on the other side of the country. I'll be happy if it shows up before I leave town Fri.

I hope to see some new vids posted soon... :whip: git'er dun

green2brown

The Sublimator may have a slight edge with the atomizer but I find all 3 devices work equally well as far as ability to get one medicated and the differences are more in the subtleties.

I have to disagree here because the Cloud does not medicate me as well as the Sublimator does. Even with equivalently colored ABV, I find the Sublimator more completely helps my pain and discomfort. So maybe it's better at extracting the high end CBD? That'd be my guess from experience.

JCat

Accessory Maker
I have to disagree here because the Cloud does not medicate me as well as the Sublimator does. Even with equivalently colored ABV, I find the Sublimator more completely helps my pain and discomfort. So maybe it's better at extracting the high end CBD? That'd be my guess from experience.
Not so much disagreeing on this one as mentioning one of the "subtle" differences ... the Sublimator does excel at extracting the high temp actives (this is my experience as well), but I find I can achieve this effect with the Cloud and MiniVAP as well, but it's not quite as smooth (I think Tweek is right on the money there :)). Each device has its strong points that will make it stand ahead of the others for various people and various reasons ... I find a place for all 3 depending on my moods/needs. I find the Cloud and MiniVAP to be unbelievably smooth dry through a bubbler/hydratube as well as the Sublimator, but they are much harsher with a straight tube. The diffusion works even without water and adds significantly to the cooling.

The Sublimator is by far the most dangerous device and the MiniVAP is by far the safest (as well as portable/battery operated), so depending on your needs that might be a factor. For someone with a dedicated setup, I find the MiniVAP to be the most time consuming one to use though as it takes 4 minutes or so to get to temperature whereas with the Cloud or the Sublimator I can use my WeMo to turn them on or leave them on for extended periods of time so it's very quick to walk in to the shop, vape, clean, walk out.

Edit:

jcat...how many times have you used your Sub?
I've used my Sublimator from about 10:30am on Friday until bed. (so about 14-15 hours of use? Probably about 1.5-2g or so + some concentrates)

Used the Sublimator a few times Saturday morning then was at the cottage with the MiniVAP for Saturday until Sunday afternoon. Used the Sublimator exclusively since yesterday around 3 so probably went through another 1-2g.

Why?

Jazzah

That looks ridiculously tasteh Green. Love the stereo to :). I reckon since the atomiser has quite the tiny hole you wont really be stacking any bubbles if you add water, or will ya ? Bless

Jazzah,

green2brown

That looks rediculously tasteh Green. Love the stereo to :). I reckon since the atomiser has quite the tiny hole you wont really be stacking any bubbles if you add water, or will ya ? Bless

I've yet to run it through water actually. It's just so smooth and tasty dry. Once I get the PV reclaimer I'll give water a try. I just don't wanna risk water running up into the atomizer with the stemless right now.

Tweek

That hit looked so sexy and delicious :mmmm:

That looks ridiculously tasteh Green. Love the stereo to :). I reckon since the atomiser has quite the tiny hole you wont really be stacking any bubbles if you add water, or will ya ? Bless

Should stack just fine. I ran it through my piece with water and there was no difference in function. Just not very exciting taste wise.

Jazzah

Should stack just fine. I ran it through my piece with water and there was no difference in function. Just not very exciting taste wise.

Seems like that's gonna be the big dillema for me then, as I quite like the bubbles and the sound they make
... but hey, if it's a choise between great taste with bubbles and even better taste without bubbles, I guess I won't have to complain. Probably 'll just include a die with my set to make that decision then :)

Breathemetal

Enrico, when will the SPACE TRAVEEEEELLLLL kit be available?
Or maybe I should direct this question to PV?

Either way.... I need!

Breathemetal,

VaporEyes

Vaporization Aficionado
Accessory Maker
Enrico, when will the SPACE TRAVEEEEELLLLL kit be available?
Or maybe I should direct this question to PV?

Either way.... I need!

If I recall correctly, during one of my correspondences with PV, they mentioned that more Sublimator equipment should be arriving in July. Don't quote me on that though ;).

VaporEyes,
Reactions: Tweek
Top Bottom