Discontinued The Sublimator

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
On another note, I know a few of you have shown me your Sub setups, which we love. Anyone else have a cool setup they want us to feature?
Here is my setup. I usually don't use the ash catcher, but it adds some flair. :brow:
241qa9j.jpg

:peace:

grokit

well-worn member
Edit: Here's a horrible better snap of my perfect sub table. It's all black-without-paint metal, it sits pretty low, and has raised edges. I also have the controller velcroed to it for added comfort level. This table must be part dragon, because fire cannot hurt it!

Ls1kR5N.jpg

I really needed to clean up a bit :science:

Last edited:

weedemon

enthusiast
2 burns here. one leaving permanent scars. the other was minor and only blistered for the first 3 days. then the blister popped and all was well. I was super careful to cover it and keep antiseptic on it for safety. these are the 2 biggest burn blisters I have ever gotten.

btw jsut got home from work. dont have time to wait for the sub to heat up so i did 2 dabs off the sub oil i scraped off the walls of my bong. holy fuck I don't really need the sub on anymore... :D I love this oil!

@ninja above me. of dear!!! at least I was able to hide mine. I blamed it on a kettle! haha

*edit oh god damn! in my stoned state I made a double reply!! my bad! and I quoted myself doing it! haha what a dummy.

mod note: Thanks for noticing despite your blitzed condition. Two posts merged.

Last edited by a moderator:

stickstones

Vapor concierge
like Tweek, the burns stopped once I landed on my routine, which is personal and initially non-existent for an adapt-a-bong customer. That thing leaves it up the end-user to figure out how to use it and how not to injure yourself with it. The kits have it all down pat and teach you how to use it. imo, the adapt-a-bong is the dangerous unit. once I got mine, I got three burns (one on the forehead!) and some broken glass before I did my best replication of the kits. now that I have my ghetto rig and routine I haven't hurt myself yet. the adapt-a-bong lacks a place to put the atomizer, and the provided metal stand is not my preference for the Apollo unit either.

CG420

Over the horizon u can see the edges of the Earth
I have gotten burned on both of my hands on two occasions where I was trying to save my piece from falling. I wish I had bought the whole kit but it is too expensive altogether and would rather wait for Enrico's much anticipated radiator glass or reclaim glass bong. Recently I was burned really good on my hand and dropped my apollo on the table. While running to stop my hand from blistering up (lucky I did tend to it quick) I forgot about the apollo being on the table and it left a slight hole on the side corner of my timerbox as well as a mark on my table. Wish I was still in high school I would have made a better stand for the apollo unit. Sometimes the stand is caught with the apollo when I grab it off but it isn't a big problem for me. Not sure about the others on here.

CG420,

notmyrealUSERname

Notmy Well-Known Member
I haven't burnt myself yet. Haveing a routine and sticking to it has eliminated the chance of a burn.

However, I have burnt my sleeve on the Apollo. Reaching over top for something on the back of my desk, I started to notice a Funny smell, realized after I burnt an Apollo sized hole in my jacket!
Parchment paper does a good job of wiping stuff that is stuck to a hot Apollo! I just wadded it up to protect myself from the heat. I got almost all of the melted jacket off this way. Once it was fully cooled I just wiped the rest of with my fingers. Now yiud never know it happened.

I think that a couple of predrilled holes in the stand would make it much easier to mount to a desk, or a heavy, stable block of wood.

notmyrealUSERname,

Liberty

I have burnt the carpet twice with mine. It was probably user error on both counts. Since then I have found a dedicated space for my Sub and have not had any problems.

Liberty,
Reactions: CG420

Monsoon

I've maybe touched it by accident 3-4 times in 2.5 months, ended up lasting only a split second so no permanent damage done. But the thought of a major "oopsy" in the future is always in the back of my mind and more of a concern using it with other people. Also when you do touch it, your body reacts without thinking which can make the situation worse and send the hot pieces flying.

Not sure if it's happened to anyone else but I also somehow melted part of the power cable. Luckily it was just the outside edge so it still works but it's concerning. Some sort of heat resistant cabling or sheath would help avoid that in the future.

CheeseSandwich

I definitely have a few sub scars here, but it was always me being a burnout and reaching over it or something. I could probably have done the same with anything that was hot...I do stupid things.:brow:

CheeseSandwich,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
I also grazed my arm across the arched tubing piece on top, while reaching across my desk for something and got a small burn on the inside of my arm from it. I would say that unless you grab for the atomizer/heater by mistake, the easiest way to get burned is on the tubing that arches over the top. Mine also stays fairly stationary at my desk so there isn't much goofieness going on over there.

Been Vapin

Fringe Class
The tubing that curves over the top, came into contact with the tip of my nose, and now I have a small burn scar. That tubing gets hot!

Ripping some melty dry sift in the sub. Amazing. Stuff looks like a golden marshmallow bubbling away.

Last edited:
Been Vapin,
Reactions: grokit

eLiguL

I think its fair to say with all the individual experiences that the exposed hot metal pieces need a heat cover. I feel bad for you guys with the serious burns.

eLiguL,
Reactions: grokit

grokit

well-worn member
I think its fair to say with all the individual experiences that the exposed hot metal pieces need a heat cover. I feel bad for you guys with the serious burns.

Yes but pain heals, and chicks dig scars.

grokit,

Liberty

How do people do their initial heat-ups of their subs? I turn mine to max for 5 minutes and then back it down to my desired setting.

Liberty,

grokit

well-worn member
I just turn it to 15-20% over my sweet spot, and then back it off to normal after the first dose.

Still pulling 59 watts at max :science:

grokit,
Reactions: Liberty

Elluzion

Vapeosaurus Rex
How are you guys grtting pure reclaim without any material? Ive vaped over an herb through the sub and no oil yet just a lot of dark specks that made there way through

Tweek

How are you guys grtting pure reclaim without any material? Ive vaped over an herb through the sub and no oil yet just a lot of dark specks that made there way through

Double screen helps alot. Just gets clogged more, in my experience

Tweek,

Liberty

After about 10 grams has been used through the Sub, the oil comes out of the bottom of the atomizer. Use a dabbing tool to collect some and smear it on an oil slick pad.

Top Bottom