Discontinued The Sublimator

weedemon

enthusiast

Liberty

a reducer is a great idea, but i didn't have one at the time. so i was using a 14mm downstem - worked good for catching sublimate! but it was always stuck on when it was hot.

i did buy a reducer to get around that problem but i also bought the PV sublimate reclaim adaptor! yay! but i still have the same problem - the atomizer gets stuck when hot.

gee, if only the stand could hold both the apollo and the atomizer at the same time! then i could heat them up together without them being in my glass and i'd be able to separate the atomizer for cleaning!! it would also keep the atomizer temp stable so you could transfer it between WT's without it getting stuck in the WT's joint.

i realize that you are trying to help me out cheesesandwhich but what you are suggesting just isn't practical in my case. thats why i suggested some design changes for the atomizer in my review.

Good review. I have also had the Sub for a few weeks now. I agree with your pros and cons list.

Liberty,
Reactions: Brayden

notmyrealUSERname

Notmy Well-Known Member
Or you could just, oh I don't know, here's a crazy idea, I'll just throw it out there: let your Sub heat up lying on a heat-proof surface.

this is also a great idea (even when read in a sarcastic tone, which i assume you meant to be used). i probably deserved it though, after rereading my response @CheeseSandwich. sorry for using a sarcastic tone to you sir.

anyways, i am actually using a baking sheet on top of my desk. it helps catch any stray vaporizables, and prevents burns, spills etc from harming the furniture. i use a cork pad to put the glass on to prevent scratches, although im looking into slickpads.

i never felt comfortable letting the apollo touch Anything, and to a lessor degree the atomizer as well. i don't want some teflon coating or clear coat getting burnt onto it, so i never took the chance of letting it rest on my baking sheet. i guess ill have to go garage saleing and look for an old one that has been scratched down to the aluminum.

also, if the atomizer is resting on its side, will the sublimate pool and plug up the atomizer?

@weedemon thanks for reposting your stand mods! i have read the whole thread (only once though) and i totally forgot about that mod. i will be doing that soon. i just wish it 'came from the factory' that way.

oh, and the only other vape that i can see possibly having a chance to knock off the sublimator adapt a bong kit, would be the sublimator adapt a nail kit!!

notmyrealUSERname,

Monsoon

but taking apart the atomizer is a major issue. firstly, why is it two pieces in the first place? is it just so they can assemble the handle easily? i think a solid one piece machined atomizer with a welded on handle would be much better. then you wouldn't HAVE to take it apart to clean it. and it would eliminate the tendency for the threads to come loose during the heating and cooling cycles.

secondly, if the atomizer is supposed to come apart, then it should be designed to make it easier to do so! put some flat edges on the tube, and the bowl part, so that you can put a wrench or pliers on it and be able to apply the necessary torque in order to separate the atomizer parts.

as it is, i now have a scratched up atomizer to do my numerous attempts to separate the parts of it.

I have two atomizers, one is forever stuck and the other comes apart. You can clean it in one piece but it's harder to get at the centre of the atty and makes adjusting the screen more difficult. If you spread a small layer of coconut oil or a similar lubricant on the threads each time you clean it it will make it easier to remove or at least keep it from permanently sticking. You'll still need to heat the atomizer up to remove it though. Hopefully they'll tweak it down the road and make unscrewing it easier.

grokit

well-worn member
I have a pair of these coming:

41xtlX7WW7L._SY300_.jpg

"Ideal for outdoor cooking of all types"

Hopefully they'll be good sub gloves :tup:

grokit

well-worn member
Does the new launchtube with reclaimer mean
no moon tool is coming :(
for those of us with the original launchtube?

grokit,
Reactions: smokum

Home_piece

Chronoisseur
I took that video to mean that Skunk (mag?) has made this new sub base with a sublimate collector as opposed to this being a new version of the launchtube; if not, I would it expect it to not only be available via Skunk and but also on sublimator.ca or planetvape.com as well as other retailers.

There was also recent video from Enrico that alluded to a new SS launchtube as well...

Edit: video link

Home_piece,

grokit

well-worn member
I don't know as it's only a rumor so far. If it is it's the first pic that I have seen.

grokit,

Been Vapin

Fringe Class
Holy shit that must be it! Is that yours?

PV told me it is no longer being called the moon tool and aren't yet available.

"Sublimator is releasing a tool soon, think the name changed, but won’t know more until they are released."

Been Vapin,

notmyrealUSERname

Notmy Well-Known Member
yep, that came with my apollo kit. i just put it on the shelf when i got the apollo unpacked cause i use a titanium dabber, so i didn't have a use for it - plus i was totally awestruck by the apollo and getting it put to use. i forgot all about the moontool till i was dusting off my shelves today.

Liberty

The Sub is simply the absolute best vaporizer on the market if one wants big thick vapor hits. Moreover, each hit is much more potent than any bong hit. Add some Sub Oil to that hit, wow.

The Sub is simply the absolute best vaporizer on the market if one wants big thick vapor hits. Moreover, each hit is much more potent than any bong hit. Add some Sub Oil to that hit, wow.
And what other vaporizers have you tried to back up that claim?

VapeNStone,

notmyrealUSERname

Notmy Well-Known Member
And what other vaporizers have you tried to back up that claim?

i agree and support Liberty's claim. i have tried approx 5 flame powered vapes, approx 8 plug in vapes, and approx 3 battery powered vapes, over the past two years.

@VapeNStone are you looking into buying a sublimator? i am just curious as to why you would ask Liberty about his statements when all throughout this thread there are numerous examples of people stating pretty much the same thing. if your looking for the ability to have a 'one and done' experience the sublimator is what you want.

it would appear that the Only negative review in this thread came from slightly medicated. i find the fact that the sub has only had one (slightly haha) negative review truly amazing considering the length of this thread, and i can't think of another thread where thats the case.

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
i agree and support Liberty's claim. i have tried approx 5 flame powered vapes, approx 8 plug in vapes, and approx 3 battery powered vapes, over the past two years.

@VapeNStone are you looking into buying a sublimator? i am just curious as to why you would ask Liberty about his statements when all throughout this thread there are numerous examples of people stating pretty much the same thing. if your looking for the ability to have a 'one and done' experience the sublimator is what you want.

it would appear that the Only negative review in this thread came from slightly medicated. i find the fact that the sub has only had one (slightly haha) negative review truly amazing considering the length of this thread, and i can't think of another thread where thats the case.

I assume that @VapeNStone challenged it because @Liberty presented it as an assertion rather than an opinion. We tend to frown upon that around here. "Best" is a subjective term and we'd like it used that way.

Top Bottom