The Pinnacle by Vaporblunt

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
If you don't mind the smell unless it impedes air supply, taste and harshness to you then never. I find when dirty it is harsher but not all feel that way. Of course this is all my opinion. I find I clean some vapes more then others because they have such good taste when clean.

Dreamerr,

Shmoo

looks like a few of us will have PN's by the middle to end of the week. I hear ya Billy, but keep in mind that SLIM has seriously high tolerance. Definitely give it a fair shake before letting that scare you. So far most of the other posts have been pretty positive. I hope they were able to put the WT in the orders that went out.
My tracking says it should be here by Thursday. I think the WT is included, because I emailed GV before it was shipped and they said "I apologize for the delay and inconvenience; we are currently waiting for the new shipment of the hydrotube to arrive today. We will be sending you an email to update you once the item has been fulfilled. We appreciate your patience and your business with us." (on Fri, Mar 29, 2013 at 1:51 PM) Then I received another email that said my order was fulfilled and included the tracking number on Fri, Mar 29, 2013 at 8:52 PM. Which leads me to believe that the WT is included. However, it says on the order status page that the vape wipes I bought based on The Herbal Review's recommendation are on backorder. I wonder if I'll get those...although it's not a big deal.

Shmoo,

Crohnie

Crohn's Warrior
Dr. Crohnie, the mad scientist, is now performing cleaning experiments on one of the mouthpiece tips. First up: Vegetable Glycerin, a known solvent for THC resin. :science:

"Dr. Crohnie" has found the solution to cleaning your mouthpiece/pong. :D I just finished performing my experiment cleaning the mouthpiece with VEGETABLE GLYCERIN. As some of you know, Glycerin is sometimes used as a base for tinctures instead of alcohol. Glycerin is one of the most innocuous substances known to man. You could drink it and it's safe...yuck!

Long story short: Glycerin works as a solvent for THC resin. I immersed my mouthpiece in the glycerin to loosen up the resin...there was a lot in there! Then I rubbed the inside with a Q tip and rinsed it. Glycerin is water soluble and rinses clean easily with no residue or taste. I takes a little longer than ISO, but your mouthpiece will be clean and clear...no discoloration or harm to the material. Remember it's food safe. :science:

On the count of three say: Thank you, Dr Crohnie! :lol:

Sorry about the double post. I got a little excited about finally finding a cleaning solution. :doh:

GoGlass

It says on the bottom that it outputs 5V and I don't really know if it will charge a PN completely or just 75%. Sounds like you already know the answer??

Thanks ! I know now that with a sufficient battery ( > 5000maH) it will be possible to recharge the PN when i'am on the road, in nature, or far away from an outlet !!!! And that's it's a BIG PLUS for me !!!!
(People here doesn't seem to be worried by battery time, maybe PN users are mostly using it...at home ?)

I'am waiting my PN & WT this week, i will post my review here.

About all this stuff with the cleaning parts, i hope that TRVB / Enginneer are seriously explaining
what's going on, and a simple way to clean these things.

The first bug with the (discontinued) melted flavor tips was something strange (nobody has tested the flavor tip + pinnacle BEFORE selling them ???????????????)

And now this cleaning story .......... Please .........VaporBlunt we need you !!!!!

EDIT : Dr Crohnie thanks for sharing the VG cleaning tips !!!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
=> Jam <= Happy birthday, i will not be here thursday..... you're my Jedi since so many times.......cause i'am also addicted to vape.............

GoGlass,
Reactions: Crohnie
"Dr. Crohnie" has found the solution to cleaning your mouthpiece/pong. I just finished performing my experiment cleaning the mouthpiece with VEGETABLE GLYCERIN. As some of you know, Glycerin is sometimes used as a base for tinctures instead of alcohol. Glycerin is one of the most innocuous substances known to man. You could drink it and it's safe...yuck!

Long story short: Glycerin works as a solvent for THC resin. I immersed my mouthpiece in the glycerin to loosen up the resin...there was a lot in there! Then I rubbed the inside with a Q tip and rinsed it. Glycerin is water soluble and rinses clean easily with no residue or taste. I takes a little longer than ISO, but your mouthpiece will be clean and clear...no discoloration or harm to the material. Remember it's food safe.

On the count of three say: Thank you, Dr Crohnie!

Sorry about the double post. I got a little excited about finally finding a cleaning solution.
Great idea swabbing it out with vegetable oil! :clap: Thank you Dr. Crohnie. LOL seriously, good work.

kelper,

Crohnie

Crohn's Warrior
:tup: I had a good feeling about the VG. I have a bottle of it around here somewhere. Thanks for doing the work Dr!
Glycerin as a cleaning agent/solvent for THC resin was so obvious, I can't believe I didn't think of it sooner. Spread the good word: Glycerin will clean your mouthpiece!

Crohnie,

Shmoo

This is great news!! :D
How long did you submerge the MP for?
Also, can you throw the tip in there too?

Shmoo,

Crohnie

Crohn's Warrior
This is great news!! :D
How long did you submerge the MP for?
Also, can you throw the tip in there too?
I only submerged the mouthpiece for s short while...30 minutes? Glycerin isn't as fast acting as ISO, so submerging the MP for a few hours or overnight could only make it easier to clean with the Q TIPS.

I put the mouthpiece TIP in the glycerin, unfortunately, I don't have anything small enough to squeeze into the opening to clean the inside. If I did, I'm sure glycerin would work on the TIP as well. It certainly did no harm and caused no discoloration to the tip. You have to work a little harder with glycerin to get things clean in comparison to ISO, but I did only soak the MP in the glycerin for 30 minutes.

Crohnie,

TheHerbalReview

@TheHerbalReview
Anyone ever considered a cheap ultrasonic cleaner? They clean all the thick grunge off pipes... so I don't see how it wouldn't out of a little bit vape residue from the mouthpiece. I can't believe this is still an issue on here, but I'm glad Crohnie put it to rest!

overvaped

Vapor evangelist
Hi,
I also screwed my mouthpiece by soaking it in alcohol. It seems the plastic is not inert to alcohol, has turned white.
I will try to post some pics tomorrow.

Meanwhile...please TRVB put some replacements on sale. I second what medical mark said about a glass version for this piece.

overvaped,

Crohnie

Crohn's Warrior
You're welcome, TRVB. Crohnie solved your cleaning problem. :science:

Probably saved 'em some ducats, too.

:lmao:

Crohnie,

Dreamerr

I don't even know where to buy veggie glycerin. What is it used for besides e-juice?

Dreamerr,

Crohnie

Crohn's Warrior
I don't even know where to buy veggie glycerin. What is it used for besides e-juice?
Vegetable Glycerin has a number of uses: A laxative, a lubricant for tubes and IV's in the hospital, skin and hair care products, etc. I found my Glycerin at Walgreens. The product is called:

AFRICARE
100% GLYCERIN
Aids in the repair of dry & damaged skin & hair

KOSHER
NO ANIMAL FAT
8.5 Fl. oz.

Cost about $7.50. There are cheaper Vegetable Glycerin products online, at Walmart, etc. But it's not easy to find, and Walgreen's is so close to me. Make sure your product is 100% Vegetable Glycerin. You don't want any unknowns. :disgust:

Dreamerr

That is some expensive cleaning product unless you can reclaim or reuse but even so iso is way cheaper.

Dreamerr,
Reactions: RUDE BOY
That is some expensive cleaning product unless you can reclaim or reuse but even so iso is way cheaper.
Try warming up some cheap cooking oil and getting in there with a q-tip. Or simmer the mouthpiece in a little vat of butter, olive oil, etc..

kelper,

Dreamerr

Oh yea I am going to cook to clean tis the only way that makes sense if you can't use iso. I wanted to boil for travel but I do agree iso is easier for in between or reclaim. If I cook I get the best of all worlds. I got a bunch of stuff to cook, a few stems, my long straws, and the pong and mouth piece. I was thinking of doing the all together...see ya in a week once I do lmfao.:lol::p

Dreamerr,
Oh yea I am going to cook to clean tis the only way that makes sense if you can't use iso. I wanted to boil for travel but I do agree iso is easier for in between or reclaim. If I cook I get the best of all worlds. I got a bunch of stuff to cook, a few stems, my long straws, and the pong and mouth piece. I was thinking of doing the all together...see ya in a week once I do lmfao.:lol::p
Okey dokes

kelper,

Crohnie

Crohn's Warrior
Try warming up some cheap cooking oil and getting in there with a q-tip. Or simmer the mouthpiece in a little vat of butter, olive oil, etc..
I would imagine that vegetable oil would also work. It extracts the THC out of cannabis for use in edibles. Sounds like my next experiment.

Yes, indeed. Back to the Pinnacle. I am really impressed with this thing's efficiency. The PN may take a bit longer to get you medicated than with some portables, but it does a great job and is so miserly with my herb. :evil:

Top Bottom