The Pinnacle by Vaporblunt

Engineering

Manufacturer
The investigation continues...

Just an update on the Mouthpieces: we use Bayer Polycarbonate (Yes the same Bayer that makes Aspirin) It is rated to resist all alcohols, with the exception of Methyl alcohol (which is not ISO). And our tests in-house show no problems with ISO exposure.

I am still looking into the problem, and don't want to confuse anyone with poor information. For now all I can say is we do take it seriously and are working on a solution for cleaning that will satisfy everyone.

TheHerbalReview

@TheHerbalReview
ill have to read up. thanks fer the info

No prob man. VaporBLUNT products have all been massive improvements of their earlier models, so I expect nothing but greatness from the next one. The Pinnacle is already my favorite portable, almost tied with the Pax... Because their strongpoints lie in different areas. Also man, welcome to the forums. For future reference, try combining your posts instead of two in a row. I've been guilty from time to time myself.

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
I think they should replace our mouthpieces because of bad instructions when they fix the issue. I am sorry if it was a product in a store it would be replaced or recalled.

Joe, yes I have turned it on while moving with it in my hand and in my pocket. If you sit or move and the material or your hand leaning on your leg can easily turn it on.

Centizen, I am sure you can find a fix just like you did with the INH. As you know I use a neoprene sleeve for my 04 and will do the same for the PN although I wish I didn't have to make one since I am so bad at doing that stuff. The difference is the front will have to be hard with this one. I am thinking cardboard will do it. I hope I am able to do it sooner then later.

Dreamerr,
Reactions: t-dub

b0

Cloudy...
I think they should replace our mouthpieces because of bad instructions when they fix the issue. I am sorry if it was a product in a store it would be replaced or recalled.

I think they also MUST change the plastic for another better one. Having a vape with a mouthpiece that isn't cleanable without damaging is unaceptable for me, I like to clean my vapes at least every week.

Belgianvapor

So, I too cleaned the MP with iso (or I call it iso, Here in Belgium we don't have that cheap iso from cvs and such so I have to buy it at the local pharmacy (it's 96% ethanol usable for consumation) and it's expensive as hell, about 120$ for one liter (1/4th of a gallon)
Needless to say it fogged up too, now I wouldn't mind the fogging but it seems that it might also make the mp more porous so just a few minutes ago I tried boiling it, boiled it for about 5-10 minutes <--- can I just leave it in the pot on the bottom or could it melt if it's touching the bottom of the pot? for now I used a ladle with holes in so it wouldn't sink to the bottom.
I didn't get it as clean as I would like to have it, even after boiling and even after scrubbing it with q tips wich I dipped in the boiling water.
It's cleaner, but not "like new"
It isn't that much of a problem for me but if I had the choice I would opt for an all black mp.
Cheap replacements would also be very much welcome
last, I was wondering, probably a stupid question but I read on the forum that you can also clean with 50% instead of 96% so does this mean I can take some of my ethanol and mix it with about 50% water to get
"50% iso" ?

Belgianvapor,

Dreamerr

Belgain, making it black won't help us if it becomes porous. There is a problem and hopefully they will come up with a solution.

Why didn't your boiling clean it...how long did you boil? I have left my glass stems on the bottom of the pan but am looking for a new solution since the banging is not good for glass but I can't see an issue with plastic but who knows. Also if you want to reclaim using anything will also have some of your actives stick to it. Maybe try to use butter or oil to suck those actives off the mouthpiece.

You would have thought this stuff would have been worked out in beta testing. This is not an issue that could have been missed if beta was done correctly.

Dreamerr,
Reactions: b0

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
After multiple boilings, microwaving, and sun exposure I finally got the Simple Green taste out . . . :(

71249559.jpg

Belgianvapor

Dreamer, I don't care for reclaiming so I use plain water, I boiled it between 5 and 10 minutes (closer to 10 than to 5) Maybe i'm too punctual when it comes to cleaning but I like my vapes clean (don't know why but I like to clean my pax and Cera too, it satisfies my when my vapes are just cleaned and ready to be used again :)
I was mentioning the black mp not for iso but because you don't see the buildup or the stains on the black plastic, so when you boil it once in ahwile it won't have this dirty look like the clear plastic has.

Medical Mark

Man went to pull my tip out of my mouth piece and it snapped right off and part of it is still stuck inside. The resin caused it to adhere to the mold and got stuck like glue I'm so pissed. Does the vb2.0 tip work on the pinnacle without melting? Cause now I dot have a mouth piece fuck fuck fuck, my luck is not to be desired.
This happen to anyone else?
I didn't use my unit for about 3 days after ending up in the emerge with heart pain from stress so i Medicated cookie style so the resin from my herb must of caused it to stick a lot, like crazy glue lol.
Well I could of had a heat attack so a broken tip isn't the worst thing but it is a thing none the less.
Anyway cheers, medical mark

Medical Mark,

Belgianvapor

Medical Mark, is it the mouth piece tip that snapped off? I had something similar with my tip (the clear one) it was very hard to insert from the beginning on, but when I started using the pn more and more it seemed like it was getting worse (when cold) and better when warm, so I just took of the tip (wich was already chipped from this) and now I use it without the tip, works just as good for me

Belgianvapor,

Kaptan

My first impression of the Pinnacle was not positive. I immediately put it on the charger for about 4 hours. After charging was completed, I removed the mouthpiece to take out the bullet. I then shook the device upside down to remove the bullet. This resulted in the entire contents inside the shell of the Pinnacle to come flying out. It was just a circuit board, few wires, heating chamber, and 18650 battery. It seems the battery can easily be replaced without sending back to VaporBlunt. I was able to slide the contents back into the shell and then heard a click when it locked in place.

I packed the bullet to the top and tamped the load down. I turned the device on and waited a minute past when the indicator turned solid blue. All I could get were wisps of vapor, but excellent taste. I then bumped the temp to high. As the session progressed, towards the 5 minute mark, the clouds were larger and more dense. I was starting to notice the herb that I had tamped down was now sucked up onto the screen on the mouthpiece. I removed the mouthpiece and tamped the herb back down mid session. After that, I was getting clouds similar to the SOLO, but only after tamping the herb after ever hit. It seemed to me that the Pinnacle extracts much better when the herb is tamped down like when doing an elbow hit with the Extreme Q.

I thought there had to be a better way to keep the load compressed while in the bullet, without removing the mouthpiece after every hit. I also wanted an easier way of removing the bullet without the contents spilling during removal. I grabbed an extra half inch screen from the SOLO and trimmed it so it would fit into the bullet with slight resistance.

My next session, a couple hours later, I packed the bullet and tamped the screen on top to secure the herb. I turned on the Pinnacle to high and waited 3 minutes before my first hit. The screen and compressed herb made a huge difference in vapor production. The herb stayed compressed in place the entire session and made for a clean removal of the bullet. Also, my mouthpiece screen after the session did not have any debris on it, which is a huge plus as there seems to be a probem finding a suitable cleaning agent for those. To remove the screen and herb from the bullet, press the screen with the included wooden pick on one side.

IF II INI C IHI

Aka VapeGod
Man went to pull my tip out of my mouth piece and it snapped right off and part of it is still stuck inside. The resin caused it to adhere to the mold and got stuck like glue I'm so pissed. Does the vb2.0 tip work on the pinnacle without melting? Cause now I dot have a mouth piece fuck fuck fuck, my luck is not to be desired.
This happen to anyone else?
I didn't use my unit for about 3 days after ending up in the emerge with heart pain from stress so i Medicated cookie style so the resin from my herb must of caused it to stick a lot, like crazy glue lol.
Well I could of had a heat attack so a broken tip isn't the worst thing but it is a thing none the less.
Anyway cheers, medical mark
As I mentioned before. its very hard to explain but I am SURE others will have this issue come up with LOTS usage of pinnacle, but if you leave your top on for hours after using THEN try to take it off to put a loaded bullet in. it will stick. so much I pulled my unit up out of the case half way accidently. it gently went back down and everything is fine. but others WILL have this issue if the MP isn't cleaned a lot. so hopefully we figure out the correct way to clean it. also I boiled both of mine and didn't get fully clean, cleaner, but not clean kinda new again. and I let it dip to the bottom of the pan and nothing happend. and also for about 15 - 20 minutes boiling. Better.. but I know how some feeel say if you need to go on a plane

KAPTAN you beat me to the unit falling out of the shell. I posted a this 10 pages back. but mine didn't come all the way out, I was scared to even see it in that state lol. I just wanted a working pinnacle, not one of the ones trying to see what's inside. but it still works AMAZING, but the fact that it came out is scary. something is giggling on the bottom of mine so I was going to ask. did you take yours ALL the way out?

IF II INI C IHI,

Kaptan

As I mentioned before. its very hard to explain but I am SURE others will have this issue come up with LOTS usage of pinnacle, but if you leave your top on for hours after using THEN try to take it off to put a loaded bullet in. it will stick. so much I pulled my unit up out of the case half way accidently. it gently went back down and everything is fine. but others WILL have this issue if the MP isn't cleaned a lot. so hopefully we figure out the correct way to clean it. also I boiled both of mine and didn't get fully clean, cleaner, but not clean kinda new again. and I let it dip to the bottom of the pan and nothing happend. and also for about 15 - 20 minutes boiling. Better.. but I know how some feeel say if you need to go on a plane

KAPTAN you beat me to the unit falling out of the shell. I posted a this 10 pages back. but mine didn't come all the way out, I was scared to even see it in that state lol. I just wanted a working pinnacle, not one of the ones trying to see what's inside. but it still works AMAZING, but the fact that it came out is scary. something is giggling on the bottom of mine so I was going to ask. did you take yours ALL the way out?

Yes, it was entirely out of the shell. It was very easy to put back in the shell.

Kaptan,

Dreamerr

I have that jiggle stuff happening that other spoke about earlier. It is at the top though. It is a part that moves up and down as I take a hit since I turn the orientation from right side up to almost upside down to hit. It was told to us it was normal. I don't recall the noise when I first got it.

I will say I am still enjoying this unit but need the clean mouth piece for travel.

Just an observation. I cleaned the bullet last night for a second time. I didn't notice it the first time I had cleaned it last week but it doesn't clean as easily as other ss stuff I have. I am not sure why but it is gritty feeling and took a while to clean with iso. I will boil it eventually when I do my mouth pieces but I was kind of surprised on the feel and how it doesn't clean as easily as other ss I have.

Dreamerr,

IF II INI C IHI

Aka VapeGod
are you guys boiling your bullets? thinking I want to clean my bullets when I get a chance today. yea spoke on the jiggling pages back. and yea, it's continue to work great and love this thing. to KAPTAN, so when you took it all the way out it was easy to put in? cause I might take out the jiggling piece in my unit. bugs me lol, but don't want to wait 2-3 weeks while it's getting repaired. due to me not having all the cool vapes as backups lol

IF II INI C IHI,

Dreamerr

I don't think you can take the jiggling piece out it is part of the unit. It is just not secured into place maybe by design for expanding? Let us know if you end up boiling your bullet. I, as I said, did iso and then ended up soaking it in iso after it not getting clean with q-tips. I also used cotton balls and put them inside the bullet and twisted it around. It came out brown after my cleaning with q's and even after soaking. I may need to soak over night but boiling may be the way to go at this point. I think it is lacking some kind of finish maybe that ss usually has? Like I said it feels gritty instead of smooth.

Dreamerr,

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
Ok so I want to hear from anyone who has both. Inhalater xp or pinnacle?

Inhalator over the Pinnacle a thousand times over... It is unfortunate because the form factor of the Pinnacle is nice, but the performance is just not there. The production problems with the mouth pice need to be solved also.

My Mouth Piece does not want to stay attached very well. It constantly is being wiggled off during use. :( Not sure if it is the unit or the piece that is not connecting well.

toros23

TRVB/Engineering:

Can you please let us know if the issue regarding an accidentally pushed button is on your radar? It has been brought up several times but I don't recall seeing a response from either of you. Obviously not as high a priority as the mouthpiece issue but an issue nonetheless. If I need to submit something to make it a formal request then please let me know.

toros23,
Reactions: Dreamerr
Personally, I've never had the pn turn on in my pocket.

The only time I've accidentally hit the button is when I'm trying to carry multiple things in my hands.

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
I carry all my portable vaporizers in my front shirt pocket and have never had an issue with false triggering when I do that. So the solution is everyone including females is to switch to button up dress shirts. ;)

Top Bottom