1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.

The Magic-Flight Box

Discussion in 'Portable Vaporizers' started by magicflight, May 16, 2009.

1. KidFated.

KidFated. Good Things Come To Those Who Chill

You'll be fine after some box usage!

rosedale and OF like this.
  2. rosedale

rosedale Well-Known Member

It's actually gotten worse. This isn't a new unit and it's always been tight but it has gotten so tight that it keeps the battery in contact and the unit on. I don't know if it's gotten tighter with the humidity or if the pushback ring is wearing down.

3. Quetzalcoatl

Quetzalcoatl SPACE GOD

The pushback ring has no effect on the wood or metal negative ring. Is it just one battery doing it or all of them? They're not perfectly round...

rosedale likes this.
  4. OF

OF Well-Known Member

Same batteries as before? Some are tighter than others, many out of round. The specs for the AA cell call for a overall diameter (before the jacket is cut off), and while makers tend to crowd it, it's a maximum diameter deal (so it will fit in a flashlight). Nobody (but us) even thinks of the size of the exposed body I think?

Ideally I think the battery rests on wood to the rear side of the hole (right as you look into the hole with top up) and the free end of the ring at 8 or 9 o'clock?

OF

rosedale likes this.
  5. stickstones

stickstones Wasted Staff Member

@rosedale - is you box genuine? The tightness you describe sounds like the fake box I have. Look for a serial number on the back.

6. Vitolo

Vitolo Vaporist

poonman, Vicki, OF and 1 other person like this.
  7. KidFated.

My brothers visiting and he handed me his box, I was gunna put underbutter on it. Buttttt it was gorgeous looking. He said to me "I put ISO on it" I was a little taken back. It smelled fine, looked fine, but I quickly threw underbutter on it so it didn't dry out anymore than it had

Quetzalcoatl, poonman, Vitolo and 4 others like this.
  8. rosedale

rosedale Well-Known Member

I had two go to batteries (glyphs) that used to work and are now too tight. I pulled out some older ones and they worked perfect. I have been pretty rough with them and they must be out of round. They have some dents from camping, golf bag, frisbee golf, etc. All along I thought that something on the box had changed but it looks like it was the batteries instead. It seems pretty obvious now that I look how rough these things are but I guess that I just needed to hear it. Thanks for the help!

Good thought but this one came directly from Magic Flight. Looks like it was the battery. Again, thanks for the help. This forum is awesome.

9. OF

OF Well-Known Member

Cool. I think that fits closely with the typical experience. I find the new 'glyph' batteries to be about as fat as they can be and still work (which makes sense, really).

I have a couple of out of round ones I marked (on a piece of tape wrapped around the back half) to show 'this side up' for best fit. IMO it's a PITA but really a small price to pay for the returns.

Glad it's not going to involve surgery on the Box, you're very welcome for the help.....it's what we're here for you know: sharing useful information?

Regards,

OF

10. mplx

mplx Active Member

I tried my PA for a few days now and i like it. The temps are finally controllable. Makes the vaping a lot easier.

My younger brother is here today and he wanted to try the LB. He declared himself immune because he smoked a joint three times in the past years and he noticed absolutely nothing, no high whatsoever. He tried my LB and with the PA it`s almost noobproof. I set the temperature for him at about 40/45% and told him to shake after each hit and i put in some indica. First he complained that he did not see big clouds as with smoking but he could taste the herbflavor and no smoke.

Now he is couchlocked:haw:

Ano, KidFated., Vicki and 6 others like this.
  11. KidFated.

[​IMG]went fishing yesterday and caught some walleye for dinner, couldn't have asked for a more beautiful day.

12. caves

caves Living the vape life

That picture makes it look like your MFLB is going to fall into the lake! :o You're making me worried over here!

pakalolo, Quetzalcoatl and KidFated. like this.
  13. New_World

New_World Cuck Fombustion

don't drop the launch box!....and if you do at least the stem will get cleaned. =p

KidFated. likes this.
  14. KidFated.

Actually! Funny you guys mention it!! I use a mflb lanyard thing now attached to my belt! I took it off to take that picture, but that lanyard thing is amazing! It's got like wire instead of that string so I can trust it while riding (dirtbike/fourwheeler) or anything at all.

Edit-I started using a short stem after using it native for awhile, now I got a full stem in the mail today. I'm undecided..

Last edited: Jul 28, 2014
    Quetzalcoatl and Buildozer like this.
  15. Buildozer

Buildozer Well-Known Member

I've been thinking that Lanyard would get used if I went ahead and got one.. I like it :rockon:

I'm in the process of warrantying a PA V1 and an old rubber band model LB (the one w/ the fixed lid for those who remember).. I don't know why, but I decided to wait until friday night to file the claims, and they don't work weekends so Today would have been the soonest I'd hear back from them.. Still waiting, but I expect to hear about it soon enough.. :cheers:

16. KidFated.

I wanna see the "fixed" lid..

17. New_World

let us know how the warranty process goes for you.
    keep us up to date!

18. MichaelAB

MichaelAB Member

That lake shot is good stuff right there, @KidFated.

I'm quite smitten by my MFLB. Spoiled really, considering years of "combustion." I've had to combust a few times since getting the LB. It was hard. That taste. Even good flowers, toasted lightly with a flame, doesn't compare in taste to the vapor. But you all know this. Native, stem, or whip - I just love this thing (especially through water). MFLB's service has been great, too, thus far. :rockon:

In the three or four weeks since I've had it, I've topped it off with an Orbiter and PA2: just awesome. I'm now combating VAS, hoping that my latest order of a bare Maple Box, trays, and some Kava keep it at bay for a while (I know this is futile; I'm a camping-gear whore, among other things).

Because Nature and the MFLB go well together...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

GrilledGoat, Ano, Buildozer and 8 others like this.
  19. New_World

nice pics!
    the MFLB is great for the outdoors.

20. Buildozer

I took a stroll down memory lane to find that post for you.. I forgot how busy the MFLB thread was back then.. While looking for this post, I saw so many familiar avatars (some gone, some still here!), good times :cheers:..... Anyway, here is that post of the fixed lid.. BTW I've been using that same box as my main LB ever since.. It was super easy to fix, but I recall there was someone who thought it would not be possible for some reason.. :whip:;)
    We're talking about Magic Flight here, so you can consider it successfully warrantied (on both counts)!! :) I Love this company, they're customer service has never been anything short of outstanding IME!! and it continues to be! I'll post a pic of my new LB and PA when I get it :tup:
    :rockon:

21. wboarder

wboarder New Member

I'm new to the game, and new to this thread. I plan on doing some long reading but, in the meanwhile, I have a sort of time-sensitive question I'm hoping you can help me with.

I'm about to purchase a MFLB. However, while shipping, I will need something similar to hold me over. Is there a super cheap alternative? It wouldn't have to be durable. It would just have to be accessible (I'm in southern California), portable, and able to vape dry material.

Any suggestions? Greatly appreciated. Look forward to gaining much knowledge, and sharing the same (eventually!) from and with this thread and forum. Thank you!

OF likes this.
  22. MichaelAB

MichaelAB Member

Any of you MFLBers running any small/miniature recyclers? Affordable suggestions (<$125)?

The VAS is getting to me and I'd like to try something new. I'm a simple guy who has used simple glass pieces for years--dry and water--and so I'm behind the times and have lots of catch up (as opposed to catsup or ketchup) to do on form, function, and the terms that go along. I'm also eyeballing the Lotus for those multi-day backpacking trips so I can avoid going back to combustion on those occasions.

I have the Orbiter and PA2 and that's way cool. But, you know...

Quetzalcoatl likes this.
  23. KidFated.

Vapor genie coil $35 shipped

Quetzalcoatl and OF like this.
  24. Buildozer

I was just in the process of tearing apart my LB (and PA) for warranty, and I decided to and remove the O-ring and totally unseat the screen (w/o ripping it off the rails), and then put it back together to show that it can be done easily enough, just in case anyone had doubts.. It worked out very easily for me at least.. No special tools used really, just the round part of a paper clip and my fingers.. I actually did it twice, since the pics I took the first time didn't perfectly prove that I actually did it.. Here are a set of pics I took the 2nd time around..

* Here's a picture of the removed O-ring and totally unseated screen..
    [​IMG]
    * Here's one of me reseating the screen using the round end of a paperclip..
    [​IMG]

* Here's a picture of the O-ring half seated, and a picture of the O-ring nearly fully seated...
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

* Here it is put back together.. And a close up picture for good measure.. Notice the PA cord has now been cut near the wood end and near the battery end, while it was still intact in the previous pictures..
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Anyway's I figured I'd post about it for :science:

My new LB and PA is already in the mail :cheers:
    Time to really rip out the screen now :D

poonman, mplx, MichaelAB and 7 others like this.
  25. paytonpenn

paytonpenn Level 30 Nature/Healer

Long overdue video, 2 of 2

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors