1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.

The Magic-Flight Box

Discussion in 'Portable Vaporizers' started by magicflight, May 16, 2009.

1. Grim Chiclets

Grim Chiclets Well-Known Member

Ok.. so how exactly does the warranty work if I get a full replacement? Does the new box have a different serial number? If so; is it ineligible for a warranty as the old one is [probably] trashed by magic flight- but still counting as the same one?
    Just trying to figure out if it's a "everybody gets 1" kind of thing, or if you could get a replacement box fixed by them for whatever reason down the line, and still have it eligible for replacement in the event the box breaks or something- all assuming the same person stays the owner.

2. KidFated.

KidFated. Watch your pawking metaws.

You warranty a box, destroy it according to their directions.
    You then send them a picture of the dismantled box.
    After that, they send out a new box for you with a new serial number. The warranty is valid if you complete their instructions. All warranties are transferable.

3. Grim Chiclets

Nice!

KidFated. likes this.
  4. Cool Chicky

Cool Chicky Wookie

Both my box and PA have been replaced twice. Couldn't be happier!

Milwo, Grim Chiclets and KidFated. like this.
  5. TheEricB

TheEricB New Member

I'm going camping this week and am looking for some non rechargeable batteries I can just strip and put in my box. Any particular brand or thing to look at?

6. hibb304

hibb304 New Member

So is the PA a must have with the LB?

7. caves

caves Living the vape life

According to the wiki page, previous posts in this thread, and Magic-Flight themselves, using anything other than NiMH rechargeables in the 2000 mAh range is a bad idea. The wiki page is a good read if you have the time, there's plenty of helpful info.

If you don't have the money for it, it's certainly not necessary. The box works totally fine using the stock batteries, and is designed as such. Getting the PA is a game changer, though. The ability to exactly dial in how much you're heating your box and get consistent, near-instantaneous power is pretty fantastic. If you plan on using it solely as a portable then it won't be worth it, but if you have a good place to vape with an outlet it's definitely a good investment.

Buildozer, poonman, KidFated. and 2 others like this.
  8. Grim Chiclets

I have mailman anticipation :argh:
    My new box will be here in a matter of hours, I'll let you all know how it is brand new [with these nice, fairly new batteries I got sent by another FC user :tup:] compared to how it was..

Edit- Just got it in hand, I gotta say- holy shit this thing is a monster compared to the one I had, almost combusted on my first toke haha

Got it down now, and I think it's gonna replace my vaporite for 1-man sessions :rockon:

Last edited: Aug 11, 2014
    garrus, Buildozer, caves and 5 others like this.
  9. Kazorus

Kazorus New Member

Can't wait to see what it's like compared to the old, busted version.

And that version was pretty damn good. :cheers:

Grim Chiclets likes this.
  10. $unnyblaq

$unnyblaq Well-Known Member

@Grim Chiclets Sweet just in time for magic flight mondays, i always dedicate my monday to my sweet box today now you can too:tup::lol::love:.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2014
  11. New_World

New_World Cuck Fombustion

the PA is a must if you already own the MFLB.

ymmv

hibb304 and Grim Chiclets like this.
  12. caves

caves Living the vape life

My replacement box is a demon and runs much hotter than my year and a half old one. She's settled down a little bit (or maybe I've just gotten used to her :brow:), but I only need a ~30-35% setting on the PA to do a whole trench. The old box liked a PA setting of ~60-70%. The new one still works great, though! Just gotta be a little more careful. :D

13. KidFated.

It'll calm down as the screen gets more "used"

New boxes run scary hot when your used to a worn in box

14. hf

hf Member

15. mplx

mplx Active Member

If MF ever makes a travel brochure for good vaping places:lol: that picture should definitely be included. Damn what a beautiful sight:drool:

axakal, Quetzalcoatl and stickstones like this.
  16. hf

hf Member

It would be fun to have a bunch of different photos like that, I live on Oahu now so beautiful vaping spots are easy to come by haha

17. OF

OF Well-Known Member

A couple years back we had such a contest. Featuring the PD IIRC. Kind of a 'where's Waldo' thing. PD cameos as well as panoramic shots. IIRC there was a even a prize? Some guys really got into it, would post several photos a week. Lots of fun, but not long on educational value........including some 'risky behavior' as you might expect. Not good examples for the young.....

OF

18. hf

hf Member

dang that sounds fun!

19. New_World

New_World Cuck Fombustion

i run my PA at 100% and pulse the power button.
    I don't like using it at low power.

20. KidFated.

I start low and work my way up. 100 I get pyrolysis to begin no matter how I draw.

OF likes this.
  21. OF

OF Well-Known Member

I think the OP is pulsing the power to keep peak temperature in line.

Sort of like the other way to do cruse control, by flooring it then lifting your foot up and coasting before flooring it again. It can work, of course, but getting near maximum results on average is tougher. Like trying to hold the legal limit on the freeway with the 'floor it and coast' technique with a cop right behind you. In this case the speeding ticket is the analog of combustion.......

OF

Stu and KidFated. like this.
  22. 1flyfisher

1flyfisher Member

Hello All,
    I recently purchased a MFLB and have been using it for about a month now.
    I have some questions regarding its use and performance.
    When I draw on it I let the heat hit my tongue and I try to keep it from getting hot.
    #1.) How hot is the draw supposed to be?
    Also I have what can be described as 4 gaps or splits in the screen in each corner of the trench. #2.) Is there supposed to be space there? It appears the screen is separating and the gaps have gotten bigger. They get clogged with herb.
    When I first got it I accidentally combusted. My screen is extremely bronze. I believe I cooked it badly.
    3.) Would this damage the screen and it's performance?
    Thanks in advance.

GrilledGoat and OF like this.
  23. OF

OF Well-Known Member

Howdy, welcome to the Forum. Good choice of a first vape, IMO.

Don't worry about anything, you're doing fine. You'll learn to hit it by trial and error. Repeat what works for you. Most hit it too hard, try lots of small sips. I don't think it's really possible to talk 'how hot', way too subjective. It's what I'd call 'pretty warm'. The folds in the corners of the screen are normal, it's a flat sheet to start. The golden color is normal. Deposits from conduction will eventually fade away. Do a couple of 'battery burns' followed by brushing if you want to hurry that along, but it'll take care of itself over time.

Keep the bud dry and well ground, the batteries freshly charged, trench full to the rails (never over) and shake, shake, shake between hits. You'll do fine.

OF

Vicki likes this.
  24. 1flyfisher

1flyfisher Member

It's not folds in the corners its a gap or space a seperation. I can show you if I can figure out How to post a pic from my pc?

OF likes this.
  25. OF

OF Well-Known Member

If it's symmetrical it's not a breakdown but a feature. Tears (at the welds at the rails) are obvious, progressive and random. There should be four gaps where the side walls of the trench come together. In a small triangular section the mesh is 3 layers thick near those corners, the gaps are there, but they're not really gaps in that nothing can fall through them.

To post photos open a free account at one of the hosting services like Imjur.com. You upload your photo there, it gives you a link which you paste into your post. You want the "BB code for Forums" link.

OF

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors