1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.

The Magic-Flight Box

Discussion in 'Portable Vaporizers' started by magicflight, May 16, 2009.

1. wboarder

wboarder New Member

So, I told the first place that I checked out today that I needed something to hold me over until my LB was delivered, and what do you know, they had one on hand. But, as good as the service seemed at the local shop, I am going to order direct from MF. To reward their work and get that warranty.

So, a little glass pipe will have to do.

Quetzalcoatl likes this.
  2. pakalolo

pakalolo RoboMod v3.17 (ticking) Staff Member

You have a super-hero LB! I call it that because you have a rubber band and a ball bearing lock, reminiscent of super-heroes who wear shorts and a belt over their tights, or for extreme insecurity, tights, shorts, a belt, and suspenders like J'onn J'onnz, the Martian Manhunter (extra credit if you know who that is).

I am impressed at the thickness of the vapour with the PA set that low. I actually didn't notice the setting until you nudged it up a bit. Your second setting is about where I leave mine.

True story. When the music started I asked Soundhound what it was, and when it came back "In a Sweater Poorly Knit" (by mewithyou) I laughed. Way back in the 60s when we lads were extremely paranoid, "sweaters" was our code word for weed. "Hey, I was cozy in my sweater last night," meant you were happily high. "Did the sweaters come in?" Well, you get the picture.

Just so you know, Magic-Flight would honour the warranty on any LB with a legitimate serial number that hasn't already had the warranty claimed on it. The source doesn't matter.

3. wboarder

wboarder New Member

What a noob!! Me, I mean!

I didn't even think of that. I checked the LB closely to make sure it was genuine, and it seemed legit. Shoulda picked it up. Oh well, thanks for the heads up.

OF and KidFated. like this.
  4. Buildozer

Buildozer Well-Known Member

We used to use 'newspaper' as our code word when we were kids.. Now it's just "where's the herb at?!" LOL

poonman, KidFated. and Quetzalcoatl like this.
  5. paytonpenn

paytonpenn Level 30 Nature/Healer

Manhunter is a favorite, it's a bit off topic but I'm big fan of the DC Universe. But you may have guessed that from my custom title. What I really enjoy are Flash references.
    1 of 2

[​IMG]

Quetzalcoatl, KidFated. and Vicki like this.
  6. Buildozer

Here's my new warrantied LB and PA v2.. :rockon:... I have it loaded up w/ last little nug of Thai x OG x Haze :bowdown:... Also My bubble hash stash and herb stash :cool:

[​IMG]

Gotta Love Magic Flight! Outstanding customer service :bowdown: Thanks MF!

7. poonman

poonman Well-Known Member

Ours was ' Tickets ' , sports venues for the most part .
    ie ; baseball in the summer and hockey in the winter . We even used
    concert/movie tickets in between games ...

Nice PA @Buildozer ,
    Did you warranty PA V1 and they sent you a PA V2 ?
    I have to warranty my V1 soon .

tia

8. Buildozer

Yeah, they way MF does it, is if you have an older model and there is an updated one by the time you need to file a warranty claim, they send you the latest one, since the others have been discontinued.. Lifetime warranty stands though, regardless of the model you own ATM..
    :cheers:

9. cluffy

cluffy Vaker

Just wanted to share this great deal, ends today!
    Newegg offers the Powerex 2,400mAh AA NiMH Rechargeable Batteries 8-Pack, model no. MH-8AAI-BH, for $19.99. Coupon code "EMCPBPH23" cuts the price to $15.99. With free shipping, that's tied with out June mention as the lowest total price we've seen. (It's a current low by $11.) They're pre-charged and can be recharged up to 1,000 times. Deal ends August 3.

10. Kief

Kief Medicated

Damn, sold out already. :( I was looking for a deal on those.

11. Buildozer

I thought I loved the LB/PA setup before.. This new LB and PA has me in love all over again! :love: Such a huge improvement from my old Rubber Band LB and PA V1.. My old box was taking forever to heat up, and my PA was getting really hot during a session, also my PA's power was cutting in and out more and more all the time, even though I had a snug ground connection... I forgot how much hotter the newer LB's run.. I'm using my PA V2 at around ~30% w/ great results! I'm getting much more instant vapor production w/ my new LB/PA combo.. more like 3 seconds vs. 5+ seconds, it makes a big difference saving those couple seconds for recovery between sips.. With some top shelf herb, I got baked properly off one trench today.. I've also cut down to vaping in the evenings on week days, so that helps a lot too.. I think I'm going to use this box only for flowers.. and only for the best flowers.. An UD session followed by a LB session is the prefect combo to get me Very heavily medicated, for quite a while too :ko:
    :rockon: :mflb: :cheers:

12. KidFated.

KidFated. Good Things Come To Those Who Chill

EXACTLY! Including the UD part

Buildozer likes this.
  13. Grim Chiclets

Grim Chiclets Well-Known Member

So let me get this straight, if my LB has not been warrantied before, I can send it in? Or would the warranty originally have to have been purchased??

I've kinda been wondering about that, since I have this fairly sized tear in the screen from before I got hold of it along the edge of one side of the trench.. not to mention there's no creases in the bottom of the trench like everyone elses.

I had a feeling something was off until I used the nose breathing trick- now I have a feeling that either the tear, or my current batteries (soon to be replaced) are mucking up its ability to heat up correctly.

Either way, I'm probably still gonna have it as my main driver.

Buildozer likes this.
  14. Buildozer

The warranty is fully transferable, so long as the serial number on it has not been used in a warranty scam.. If you gave some one a LB w/ a valid warranty, they could warranty it when/if ever they needed, w/o any issue.. In your case I would say, as long as the serial number is still valid(You can email them about that), you will have absolutely no issues warrantying it.. I used my LB and PA for quite a while w/ some issues, and it still did the trick, but there's nothing like a properly performing setup.. For me, things were working out ok enough before, but now they are greatly improved, making me wonder why I waited so long.. If you have a tear in the screen I would warranty it :2c:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 3, 2014
  15. Grim Chiclets

AWESOME. Gonna go send that email right now!
    I know for a fact that it hasn't been warrantied before, and the serial number should be good unless it's a 100% exact clone (I have looked out of curiosity)
    But FUCK. I'm extremely excited now. :freak:

Wubba lubba dub dub. Am I right ladies and gentlemen?

KidFated. and Buildozer like this.
  16. Buildozer

FWIW here's a link to file the warranty claim.. They seem to respond fastest if you contact them like that.. Make sure you click the 'warranty' option..For my first warranty I contacted customer service, and it seemed to take a few extra days to get my responses.. Also here is a link to some more info on their warranty..

Grim Chiclets likes this.
  17. Grim Chiclets

Email away!
    I'll let you guys know how it goes :tup:

18. Buildozer

[​IMG]
    ;) Congratulations on your successful warranty claim! :D

19. StrawbKerry

StrawbKerry New Member

Hey everyone!

Just received my Walnut MFLB after buying it spur of the moment last week. I've been casually smoking joints for the past 18 months, getting a bit more regular in the last three. It looks awesome! I don't have anything on me at the moment, although I have ordered some blue lotus tea and will be getting some MJ soon. I vaped about half a trench of oregano just to try it out and get a general feel for it... :rockon:

... *ahem* I look forward to having a good chat with all of you! In the meantime, is there any pointers you can give with its use?

EDIT: I've read the flight guide, as well as fairly comprehensively researching the subject. I guess what I'm asking is are there any tips newbs don't realise immediately? I bought the finishing grinder with it, and I've got a SCS 2pc. About 15 second slow draw... anything I'm missing?

Last edited: Aug 4, 2014
    mplx likes this.
  20. Stu

Stu Maconheiro Staff Member

Welcome to FC @StrawbKerry. There is some really good information about the MFLB here on Vaporpedia.

Enjoy the journey!

:peace:

MileHighLife and nopartofme like this.
  21. StrawbKerry

StrawbKerry New Member

I've already had a look at that, but thanks :)

I certainly will.
    :D

Stu likes this.
  22. KidFated.

KidFated. Good Things Come To Those Who Chill

Have fun and do whatever is working best for you, btw, I think you'd like a wooden stem for that box.

23. StrawbKerry

StrawbKerry New Member

I was thinking of buying a dart stem in future, but I'll just stick to native and occasionally glass for starters.

Quetzalcoatl likes this.
  24. Quetzalcoatl

Quetzalcoatl SPACE GOD

Fine grind, dry material!

25. OF

OF Well-Known Member

Fresh batteries, mild draw, and shake, shake, shake.

OF

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors