• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

mcrlabs

Welcome to FC! I hope you stick around because we need all the help we can get with the science behind our vapour.

My criticism was in your choice of devices, since users will differ in their use of the MFLB, even from hit to hit. Could you shed some light on the reasons behind your choice? Not that I think it invalidates your work, since I value the fact that you did this study regardless of the equipment. I certainly encourage more work along these lines. We also have a thread going on the chemical reaction occurring during vapourization that I hope you'll contribute to.
Thanks for the welcome! We'll be here. Our thoughts are: enough theorizing, and lets get some data instead of making empty claims.

We chose the MFLB because it is popular and wanted to help a large number of patients, and the MFLB is very popular. If this comes with inherent variability, so be it - we prefer to test the user experience instead of a lab experience.

Thanks for pointing to the chemical reaction page. Just up our alley. Will look to contribute in the future...

Quibbling is fine, as long as it serves a purpose WRT clearer communication?

I'm basically a Materials kinda guy here myself, I guess. Or was, when they paid me..... So I see this as a set of samples of uniform (hopefully) material. Each sample got different processing and was then tested. New details say an aliquot of each sample was taken but up to that point they were specimens or samples. I'm a little concerned about things like "measured to be roughly equal and were taken from a sample that was made to be more or less homogeneous by grinding", although data fit seems to say the "roughly" was corrected for? Probably not as important in more subjective testing, but not the sort of data I'm used to seeing. Perhaps why I don't find the uniform dose/hit at all strange?

In fact, it's just that fit that makes your experiment valid. It is your 'proof' your measurement is accurate. That's how science works.

I like the "test a genuine user experience and see what the numbers show" approach but as yet don't see that. I'll no doubt catch on as the program progresses.

I'm not sure I agree about it being all that useful a guideline of "what users will see". Our collective experience here is that no such animal exists. We have a fellow at a gram a month and another at seven grams a blunt. Sippers and cloud chasers. Flavor freaks and the 'crank it up, let the WT fix it' guys. Guys that kill a trench in their LB in a few heroic hits, and others (like you it seems?) who go 10 or 20 times that. Clearly all LB users aren't getting .3 mg/hit. I suggest to be more useful there should first be a standard user defined. A way for the reader to calibrate things? Without this, it is of course impossible to reproduce your experiments......unless you guys are volunteering to a long and not too memorable road trip of course. At least not fully. Again, probably a difference of concepts. You're applied research and I'm pure I think? You're looking to answer a pre defined question, I'm looking for new understanding of the area? How cool is that?

Fun stuff. I'd probably have started out standardizing the user (that is hit volume, rate and timing) and then using some temperature controlled vape (like Solo). I think that the demonstrated uniformity of the Volcano is a very important factor in earlier testing from a lot of standpoints. The LB is awfully subject to user variation, one of it's great strengths, of course, but not what one looks for in a scientific instrument.

Again, different goals perhaps?

Thanks and continued best wishes.

OF
Thanks for the chat!

To answer some of your concerns:

These results were consistent across 3 users of different experience levels. We used a stopwatch to control the 10-second draw time.

The 'roughly equal' samples were all within 10% mass of each other - the important part was to accurately weigh out the remains, so the actual % THC by mass was normalized.

Stay tuned, we won't sit still... Hope to bring more data in the future.

Last edited by a moderator:

Snappo

Caveat Emptor - "A Billion People Can Be Wrong!"
Accessory Maker
Thanks for the welcome! We'll be here. Our thoughts are: enough theorizing, and lets get some data instead of making empty claims.

We chose the MFLB because it is popular and wanted to help a large number of patients, and the MFLB is very popular. If this comes with inherent variability, so be it - we prefer to test the user experience instead of a lab experience.

Thanks for pointing to the chemical reaction page. Just up our alley. Will look to contribute in the future...

Thanks for the chat!

To answer some of your concerns:

These results were consistent across 3 users of different experience levels. We used a stopwatch to control the 10-second draw time.

The 'roughly equal' samples were all within 10% mass of each other - the important part was to accurately weigh out the remains, so the actual % THC by mass was normalized.

Stay tuned, we won't sit still... Hope to bring more data in the future.
Commendable area of study! Perhaps it would be useful to enter a consistent temperature factorization into the equation, from draw-to-draw/vape-to-vape, as this study will likely be used as a reference guide for inquiring experimental minds as well as for those seeking accurate consistent dosing. The study provides a good start, but in this regard i.e., variations in temp from vape-to-vape and from draw-to-draw, results of constituents used and those remaining will vary accordingly. Of course, product quality and makeup will also vary greatly, and results accordingly.

Snappo,

mcrlabs

Commendable area of study! Perhaps it would be useful to enter a consistent temperature factorization into the equation, from draw-to-draw/vape-to-vape, as this study will likely be used as a reference guide for inquiring experimental minds as well as for those seeking accurate consistent dosing. The study provides a good start, but in this regard i.e., variations in temp from vape-to-vape and from draw-to-draw, results of constituents used and those remaining will vary accordingly. Of course, product quality and makeup will also vary greatly, and results accordingly.
Agreed, on all counts! We will try to set up more experiments, stay tuned...

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
k8M9v5w.jpg

Grim Chiclets

Finally got a Box guys :brow:
A buddy of mine has had it for a long time, and neither of us really had much interest, seeing all the other vapes.. but finally he remembered to bring it to me last time he came to town.
I only got 1 battery with it, but I found an old energizer charger that works well with it... we'll see how it holds up for me (it's gonna be my keif go-to)
...and my whip fits on the glass MP perfectly :D

vaporlee

The vapor produced by MFLB may look huge but they are actually tiny whisper with not much vapor production.
Need 3~4 full chamber to feel something.
Even with such a great CS and lifetime warranty, this is not good vaporizer for me :disgust:

vaporlee,
Reactions: 215z

KidFated.

Unknown Member
The vapor produced by MFLB may look huge but they are actually tiny whisper with not much vapor production.
Need 3~4 full chamber to feel something.
Even with such a great CS and lifetime warranty, this is not good vaporizer for me :disgust:
I can blow fat clouds that look like they come from my da buddha. I can finish half a trench and put it down for later. I get some dank buds though.

I'm sorry the mflb is not for you. I'm glad the hammer suits your needs better, I picked mflb over hammer almost every time. To each their own! :peace:

OF

I'm sorry the mflb is not for you. I'm glad the hammer suits your needs better, I picked mflb over hammer almost every time. To each their own! :peace:

Amen, Brother.

"One size fits all" is the third or fourth biggest lie in modern life? Likewise, blindly taking another fellow's opinion of how good a vape is is fraught with peril. His values/judgement is sure to differ with yours to some extent. What works well for one is not much of a guarantee, what works well for most only a little better.

In the end, the consumer has to make the choice. I think it's great that the market provides so many options, with more coming on line all the time. Hopefully those choices will be informed ones?

That will make a difference!

You think?

OF

vaporlee

I can blow fat clouds that look like they come from my da buddha. I can finish half a trench and put it down for later. I get some dank buds though.

I have used MFLB for almost 5 months now and I couldn't get any heavy vapor like you said.
But it seems like I am the only one who don't like MFLB :shrug:

Or maybe I got the faulty unit... Unlucky...

Amen, Brother.

"One size fits all" is the third or fourth biggest lie in modern life? Likewise, blindly taking another fellow's opinion of how good a vape is is fraught with peril. His values/judgement is sure to differ with yours to some extent. What works well for one is not much of a guarantee, what works well for most only a little better.

In the end, the consumer has to make the choice. I think it's great that the market provides so many options, with more coming on line all the time. Hopefully those choices will be informed ones?

You think?

OF

Damn True! Amen!

KidFated.

Unknown Member
I have used MFLB for almost 5 months now and I couldn't get any heavy vapor like you said.
But it seems like I am the only one who don't like MFLB :shrug:

Or maybe I got the faulty unit... Unlucky...
Do me a favor, don't give up on it. Work with it, don't try and make it work for you. When I first started vaping, I skipped the LB thinking it was a gimmicky "starter" vape.

I was dead wrong. It is a great tool, but you can't use a screwdriver as a sledgehammer.. Wait, what?

OF

I was dead wrong. It is a great tool, but you can't use a screwdriver as a sledgehammer.. Wait, what?

Well put, it is a tool. It depends on the Craftsman wielding it for good results. More so than many others, it's a vape where owner skill, experience and technique are key. For that reason I don't share the common opinion that it's an ideal 'starter vape'. A personal call, of course.

However, you're dead wrong on the last bit, any tool can be used as a hammer......

OF

vaporlee

Do me a favor, don't give up on it. Work with it, don't try and make it work for you. When I first started vaping, I skipped the LB thinking it was a gimmicky "starter" vape.

Thanks for helping me out.
But seriously I have tried various ways already. I have spend lot of time to make this work, but I couldn't.
Yes it may true that I had lack of skill, and yes I do have high tolerance, but I really can't try anymore as I had enough.

Even though Lamborghini and Ferrari are difficult to drive, they don't take 5 months to learn how to drive innit?
If MFLB blame me (the owner) then I will just accept it.:bowdown:

Anyway I had better solution for MFLB at the end..:shrug:

Just forget MFLB and move on to Firewood 2.1! :wave:

What a solution!:goon:

natural farmer

Thanks for helping me out.
But seriously I have tried various ways already. I have spend lot of time to make this work, but I couldn't.
Yes it may true that I had lack of skill, and yes I do have high tolerance, but I really can't try anymore as I had enough.

Even though Lamborghini and Ferrari are difficult to drive, they don't take 5 months to learn how to drive innit?
If MFLB blame me (the owner) then I will just accept it.:bowdown:

Anyway I had better solution for MFLB at the end..:shrug:

Just forget MFLB and move on to Firewood 2.1! :wave:

What a solution!:goon:
Don't worry mate! You are certainly not the only one who doesn't like the box so much... :D

Buildozer

Baked & Fried
52753208.jpg

:D

Lately I've been following my UD session w/ a LB session, and the combo has been getting me Very nice and medicated :D.. Bubble Hash/Herb trenches'll do it :ko:.. I typically use mine exclusively w/ the PA.. I like to adjust the PA throughout the session, and sometimes (for bigger hits) even during the hit.. If I want, I can play the dial so I don't even have to interrupt/change my draw speed at all during a hit.. but I usually like to start really low on the PA, like at 10%, and gradually step it up to the 45% area throughout the majority of the session, moving up towards 75% for the last draw.. I think I'll charge up some batteries and start carrying this thing around again.. I always forget how sweet it is.. I always preferred more full trenches, but lately I have been filling the trench less than half full, adding some bubble hash, and just taking it slow..
:rockon:

Grim Chiclets

Is there no way anyone has found to DIY a power adapter without having to make more than a fairly simple circuit? Though I haven't been able to test my box yet, I'm fairly certain that an older battery like the one i have may make the learning curve extremely difficult (read: "fuck this")
Buying new batteries or a PA is out of the question- I can't even medicate most of the time due to lack of funds

vaporlee

Is there no way anyone has found to DIY a power adapter without having to make more than a fairly simple circuit? Though I haven't been able to test my box yet, I'm fairly certain that an older battery like the one i have may make the learning curve extremely difficult (read: "fuck this")
Buying new batteries or a PA is out of the question- I can't even medicate most of the time due to lack of funds

Same problem here... Stock batteries suck!
But 75 dollar for PA... seriously? Just for the accessories?:shrug:Rather spend 15 dollar more and get unfinished Firewood 2.1 :clap: (No need accessories and good to go straight out of the box:tup:) + its easier stronger and also convection!:leaf:

Grim Chiclets

Yeah if I was trying to pimp this thing out, I'd just scrap the whole idea and buy a Vap2.. I'm just looking for an excuse to enjoy my free LB :p

Grim Chiclets,
Reactions: vaporlee

vaporlee

Stock batteries are great!
The stock batteries don't suck IMHO.

a pair of the stock batteries will give me a good five trenches and I own more then one pair ... so say three pairs get me through most days ... not all that unreasonable is it ?

I also had 2 pairs of MF batteries, but after several recharge, the capacity of the battery seems reduced dramatically(within only 2~3 recharges from new), and much weaker to produce vapor compare to when they were new. And of course there is PA but its too expensive for just another accessory for me.

Tried real hard to like my MFLB, but... I just...
I will give another go for few more days before I put up on ebay. (had for 5 months:wave:)
Thanks!

Maybe it's just my MFLB.. or batteries..
Maybe I did something wrong.. :doh:
I am very upset as I couldn't experience same MFLB as you guys ...

Very sorrowful really...:cry:

vaporlee,

Grim Chiclets

From what I've read, the batteries aren't supposed to be around for more than a year- it's just how they are.. I could be wrong- I'm sure one of the countless vets around can clear up any issues in methods for charging and using the batteries. (I also remember hearing you should try not to charge them longer than the max charge like.. at ALL)

Grim Chiclets,
Reactions: vaporlee

OF

The stock batteries don't suck IMHO.

Agreed. "The best battery available for he job".........or they'd no doubt change to that better battery?

You'd expect nothing less from MF, would you?

For sure this (or any other) vape is not going to be for everyone. But I too think the humble box is often overlooked/not given a fair chance by owners who (quite naturally) want it to do what they want as opposed to what it was designed to do. A key point, I think, is that while the little guy isn't likely to change many owners do? Many have come back and found new advantage to their everlasting delight.

IMO it's a great vape, one serious vapist should give due consideration to. The 'fit' can be very nice.

OF

Top Bottom