1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.

The Magic-Flight Box

Discussion in 'Portable Vaporizers' started by magicflight, May 16, 2009.

1. Tommii

Tommii Subdivision Founder / Sublimator Ambassador

Anything with Silicone tubing will tend to hold tons of odor; I'd suggest you get a smellyproof bag to fit both whips. For your glass orbiter, I'd suggest two 14mm plugs to stop any smell from escaping from the glass.

Milwo likes this.
  2. Milwo

Milwo New Member

Cheers great, good advice. Yes I know lot of the smell emanates from the device itself and I try to seal my gear.

Damn it I would love this to pass the threshold of even bringing the bubbler in my study! It's not like anyone else ever hangs around there enough to get irritated -- from the smell at least :D

3. RUDE BOY

RUDE BOY Space is the Place

Exhaled vapor will have an odor, no way around it. It doesn't stink as bad as smoking or linger in a room or on clothing but anybody not partaking in the session will smell it. Spray some room deodorizer, burn some incense or pop a bag of popcorn... or maybe lock the door on your study.

TanukiCoast and Milwo like this.
  4. New_World

New_World Cuck Fombustion

I just keep all of my stuff clean and I never have any problems.
    no one notices.

also vape at a lower temp, you might be vaping at too high of a temp.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2014
    Milwo likes this.
  5. kittyboy

kittyboy Well-Known Member

I just opened a new Launch Box I bought a year or so ago as my old one is pretty dirty. The new one doesn't seem to work. when I insert a good battery it won;t work. No light no heat . Put same battery in my old Box and it works perfect. Anyone got suggestions on why new one won;t? I took out the gasket that they put in now and it still battery not work. I use the powerx batteries. Thanks

6. vapirtoo

vapirtoo Well-Known Member

Milwo,
    If you have a window in your study use an exhaust fan to suck all smells outside, then lock your door .:ninja:

Milwo likes this.
  7. Milwo

Milwo New Member

Thanks vapirtoo. That's what I often do :tup:

8. mplx

mplx Active Member

Try a MF battery and if it ain`t working i would email MF.

I was considering buying an Orbiter when it`s cheap on massdrop so i tried a selfmade bong yesterday. Okay that was quite a difference:D. Coz of the icewater i could make big clouds without coughing even once :nod:. I used a glass can with a lid in which i drilled two holes to fit the tubes. Worked well, now hoping for a cheap orbiter;)

RUDE BOY likes this.
  9. New_World

my orbiter will be here monday.

Quetzalcoatl and KidFated. like this.
  10. KidFated.

KidFated. Good Things Come To Those Who Chill

Glad you finally caved and got it. Enjoy it, I miss mine. Maybe grab a UD long 14mm GonG for a mouthpiece if you don't wanna use a whip?

11. New_World

haha i did....i caved. lol
    I think they are a great company.
    what happened to your orbiter?

where is a good place to buy a long 14mm GonG mouthpiece?

12. caliwisp

caliwisp Cali Dreamin'

Hi Guys,

Just stumbled upon this bit of research done with the MLFB. Massachusetts Cannabis Lab (MCR) started out with 100 mg of cannabis in a MLFB, tested the cannabinoids, then had a person take a 10-sec slow draw and measured the remaining THC and CBN in the sample. The person continued taking draws (dunno if it was the same person!) until all THC was mostly gone, or after 30 10-second slow draws. It was determined that each hit gave 0.3 mg of THC per draw. The before vaping and after vaping cannabinoid profile pie chart is also shown, which is interesting.

http://www.medicaljane.com/2014/07/...ow-to-dose-yourself-when-vaporizing-cannabis/

The results will be different with various vaporizers but this is a start!

Last edited: Jul 16, 2014
    TwztedElegance, mplx, poonman and 5 others like this.
  13. KidFated.

Underdogvapes.com

Buildozer likes this.
  14. OF

OF Well-Known Member

Interesting test, thanks for the pointer.

However, that's not exactly how it works. To do this you need take a sample, hit it and analyze what's left. Then take a second sample, take two tokes and analyze that one. Then take a third...... Each test needs to dissolve the remaining THC in a solvent (Methyl Alcohol I think?) and pump that through the column. Every test destroys the sample.

Overall this says they extracted 12mg in 40 hits (at .3 per) and left 25% of the total (an additional 4mg behind. These numbers fit for the typical 16% weed and 'moderately potent' ABV we generally discuss.

By weight I find that a load loses about 1/3 of the mass (33%), I think about half water and half good stuff?

OF

Snappo and nopartofme like this.
  15. caliwisp

caliwisp Cali Dreamin'

yes testing the remainder after each hit is what they did, just as you said
    i am sure it was a long process that way
    i had corrected my post earlier, it was essentially after 30 hits (you can see by the paper)
    take care!

OF likes this.
  16. OF

OF Well-Known Member

No doubt. And, while a good effort, IMO poorly done. Which is unfortunate. Real science depends on real numbers. Experimental 'evidence' only counts when it can be independently confirmed and reproduced.

Hopefully, they will tighten that part up a bit as the testing goes forward. At one point the DEA had pot grown for research use, I've even 'tested a left over' official Government joint many years ago, I was told it came in a tin can full of pre rolled doobs, looked like a cigarette almost. It was great for the day, today's Top Shelf bud would put it to shame. The old time pot studies were based on this 'standardized Marijuana', to make this interesting study valid across vape makes I think that's needed here?

Thanks again.

OF

nopartofme and caliwisp like this.
  17. pakalolo

pakalolo RoboMod v3.17 (ticking) Staff Member

Much as I love the LB, it was a poor choice for this study. They gloss over it here:

As @OF points out, real science must be reproducible. You can't reproduce hits on the LB with the consistency needed to make this test anything more than interesting. I do think it points in the right direction, but I hope they get their act together because the last thing we need is this sort of paper being presented as genuine scientific research. It's what I'd expect from a solid B student in senior high school.

18. OF

OF Well-Known Member

Spot on, a good start, hopefully it'll grow into something useful and informative. The not so useful and misleading 'research' we already got.........

Well put, Brother Pak.

A cool development, but it leaves a guy craving more. Where else have we seen that????

OF

nopartofme, Stu, RUDE BOY and 2 others like this.
  19. nopartofme

nopartofme Well-Known Member

Does anyone else ever "Ride the PA": start at the lowest setting, maintain a light steady draw and keep your finger on the Power Dial, exploring different temperature levels in the space of a single long inhale…?

Or how about setting it a little higher than you're used to, taking shortish draws that start slow and end fast, with short breaks in between wherein you keep the power on and tap the box brusquely so that the herb bounces just-so, staving off over-/uneven cooking and filling the box with a little puff of vapor to be drawn into your mouth as if from a cigar to begin your next inhalation?

After almost two years and after two other vape purchases, the box remains a joy to use—

caves, RUDE BOY, KidFated. and 2 others like this.
  20. Quetzalcoatl

Quetzalcoatl SPACE GOD

Yup, with a very fine grind I like to vape everything at a really low temperature, somewhere between "I can taste it but see nothing" and "I barely barely exhaled anything visible after a very long draw", terps and very small amounts of cannabinoids. It's an interesting experience, starts out very fragrant and you end up deceptively high. Sometimes I'll do that for 2x 2/3-full trenches just to savor the taste and high. The stuff gets re-vaped later in the LB at a slightly higher temperature and/or in the Solo. The taste is much lighter and more flavorful than level 2 on my Solo. Level 1 is something dumb like 165f or something... useless basically.

OF, RUDE BOY, KidFated. and 2 others like this.
  21. mcrlabs

mcrlabs Member

It says in the paper that's how it was done:

After each time point, remove all remaining cannabis for quantitative profiling by high-performance liquid chromatography (HPLC)

nopartofme likes this.
  22. KidFated.

@mcrlabs you say in your paper minnesota doesn't allow smoked cannabis. We can't even have plant matter to vaporize. Strictly concentrates, might mislead some readers.:2c:

mcrlabs and nopartofme like this.
  23. mcrlabs

mcrlabs Member

24. KidFated.

25. mcrlabs

mcrlabs Member

Not to put down Medical Jane, they did a fantastic job.

KidFated. likes this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors