1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.

The Magic-Flight Box

Discussion in 'Portable Vaporizers' started by magicflight, May 16, 2009.

1. New_World

New_World Cuck Fombustion

really want the orbiter but $95 shipped kinda sucks.
    if MF gave free shipping I would be in for one.

lifetime on glass is just awesome.
    I wonder how many times you can use the warranty though?
    just once?

$unnyblaq likes this.
  2. KidFated.

KidFated. Watch your pawking metaws.

Best way to avoid warranty is not breaking it :) orbiter is WELL worth the price

axakal, OF and MileHighLife like this.
  3. MileHighLife

MileHighLife Whiskey Tango

Warranty is one of the best on the market ... lifetime means lifetime. They may turn you down if you're breaking it every other day but they are very fair about their warranty service. Better get it in 2014 if you want the warranty on the glass! Look at the price of 2 magic flight whips by themselves. I don't think you can really beat the mf orbiter deal with the warranty for under $100 ... ask me it's a steal. I use the orbiter with my underdog and soon will use it with my HI too. It's super versatile. You can use an underdog wpa (full length) to to turn it into a normal style water pipe too like so ...

[​IMG]

@KidFated was the first to do this.

axakal, $unnyblaq, poonman and 4 others like this.
  4. New_World

i think I'm going to buy one soon.
    just hope MF doesn't go out of business but they are very popular compared to many other portable vapes.

i mean...you factor in the whips, stand, and warranty and its had me thinking about one for a while.

I'm going to hold off until I get my other glass in 1st to see if i still want something else.

MileHighLife likes this.
  5. MileHighLife

MileHighLife Whiskey Tango

Well depending on what type of joint your new glass comes with this could be all you need ...

http://m.ebay.com/itm/281376321389?nav=SEARCH

That comes with the right size tubing and is the glass adapter I was using in the pic I posted a few posts ago.

I saw a 14mm female on there too ... there may be some similar male setups if you dig.

6. New_World

do you know if the glass on the whips is cover for life as well when purchased with the orbiter?

7. caves

caves Living the vape life

Just put in an order for a dart stem and a fresh set of glyphs. Current ones are conking out after about a year of use. Pumped for the dart stem though, gonna try to pop it onto my Orbiter when it gets here :brow:

nopartofme and $unnyblaq like this.
  8. KidFated.

Like a mouthpiece?

caves likes this.
  9. vapirtoo

vapirtoo Well-Known Member

Been using red zinger tea in my orbital for really cool visuals of the vapor cloud rising out of the pink bubbles.
    I've also played with water levels to see if there were any effects on draw effort.
    So far my nightly rinses have seemed to keep everything clean and bright even though I see a little resin building up on my inside stem. Maybe an overnight soak in iso.
    Love my orbital; I use it with all of my vapes.

caves, RUDE BOY and Quetzalcoatl like this.
  10. New_World

its called "orbiter" lol
    thats cool though.
    yeah soak in iso works wonders.

I just ordered an orbital. =)

vapirtoo, caves and Quetzalcoatl like this.
  11. caves

caves Living the vape life

Yes. The tubing used for the whips is set up to hold a standard MFLB stem. I'll just pull out the small acrylic one serving as a mouthpiece and pop in the dart stem.

There should be no need for an overnight soak in iso. If you put some iso into the Orbiter and plug up the two holes with your thumb, you can simply shake it vigorously to clean it. If the inside of the stem is being tricky, you can throw some salt in with the iso or use a pipe cleaner dipped in iso to scrub it off.

I'm actually letting the honey build up in mine in hopes of getting some nice reclaim from it in the future :D

12. vapirtoo

vapirtoo Well-Known Member

That would be a tricky reclaim process.
    Oh thanks folks ,my orbiter, puts me into an orbital situation. :lol:

poonman, RUDE BOY and Quetzalcoatl like this.
  13. RUDE BOY

RUDE BOY Space is the Place

I myself am planing to do an Orbital Launch Box lunch. Peace All !

vapirtoo, OF, KidFated. and 1 other person like this.
  14. OF

OF Well-Known Member

How about a Launch Box shot from orbit? First guy to do a LB 'out the window shot' from the ISS or upcoming 'space tourist' ride wins?

Makes the old PD contest seem a mite lame?

OF

15. Vicki

Vicki The Bionic Woman

How about a Launch Box during a Space X rocket launch? It's hard to see it, but it's the smoke trail in the middle of the picture, between the clouds. This rocket is on its way to the ISS to drop off badly needed supplies. This picture was taken in my cul de sac. :)

**I can actually watch all the launches from my driveway, but I was trying to get a good picture.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 14, 2014
  16. New_World

this is why I love this forum.
    you guys are awesome.

vapirtoo likes this.
  17. OF

OF Well-Known Member

Cool. But it's much too far off for me to see the LB. Looks more like a rocket vapor trail to me.......

Maybe get a little closer or use a longer lens?

OF

nopartofme, KidFated. and Vicki like this.
  18. Vicki

Vicki The Bionic Woman

Sorry, I only have the use of my right hand/arm right now. The LB was in my pocket as I was vaping up until the launch. Then, needed to take the picture, which was very difficult for me with my stupid smartphone. The launch trail was the best shot I could get. Trust me, I was launching before the Space X launch. :lol: :nod:

KidFated., RUDE BOY and OF like this.
  19. OF

OF Well-Known Member

Nobody's calling you a liar.....yet.

Maybe next time toss the LB up then grab the camera? Like John Wayne throwing up a can and shooting it?

Such a shot would not only get top marks, but start rumors of giant LB shaped UFOs chasing the space shuttle........

OF

20. New_World

what kind of metal in the MF finishing grinder made out of?

21. Vicki

Vicki The Bionic Woman

:whip:OF

It's not, it's made of wood.

KidFated. and OF like this.
  22. davesmith

davesmith Well-Known Member

we've had this one before.....Can't remember the answer....Hmmmmm

e2a: I've remembered It's not SS so we assumed aluminium! I think?! Has anyone emailed MF to ask?

I do know it does it's job very well. Thats for sure

GrilledGoat and TanukiCoast like this.
  23. KidFated.

Stainless steel, right OF? ;)

davesmith and OF like this.
  24. OF

OF Well-Known Member

Yup, as I understand it......

I like the wood answer better myself. Must be Ironwood........funny it doesn't rust?

OF

25. Milwo

Milwo New Member

1st post: hello everybody! Stoked as I just ordered my Orbiter for use with my MFLB. I am kinda hoping it might relieve me of a problem I have vaping at home. My wife dislikes the smell of our Volcano, which is me outside with my balloons. The same with MFLB: when she's around the house I have to suck the box outside. When she's out I don't give a fcuk and she can't smell it.

But anyway: would you say that the Orbiter has any effect on the odor when smoking high-grade bud (SSH)? I am kinda trying to sneak vaping the box inside the house with this gorgeous bubbler. Any chance of success? Does it smell the same through water?

terminally_chill and Vicki like this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors