1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.

The Magic-Flight Box

Discussion in 'Portable Vaporizers' started by magicflight, May 16, 2009.

1. akaye47

akaye47 Member

the pics are from the URL at the bottom of the pics: vaporizers.com

2. OF

OF Well-Known Member

You might, but 'we' don't. It's a medical effect by definition, has nothing to do with vapes and static but perceptions and expectations:
    "A placebo has been defined as "a substance or procedure… that is objectively without specific activity for the condition being treated".

"The placebo effect is related to the perceptions and expectations of the patient; if the substance is viewed as helpful, it can heal, but, if it is viewed as harmful, it can cause negative effects, which is known as the placebo effect."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Placebo

I hope you can see why I got confused?

OF

Quetzalcoatl, 2 Paces and KidFated. like this.
  3. KidFated.

KidFated. Watch your pawking metaws.

I think its really funny how i can always have a Mflb as my main portable. Pax is way too high maintenance, didnt like the pinnacles taste(og and pnp) lotus was too much effort for a portable IMO, only one i miss is my og davinci.. MFLB is a real boss, and with my PA, my UD just sits there looking pretty and smellin nice.

Enough typing, im gunna vape and watch some tv quick before bed, wish me luck on my speech tomorrow!

meek420, nopartofme, axakal and 4 others like this.
  4. Lokbok

Lokbok Active Member

My experiences mirror yours (cept I had an E-Nano instead of UD, both are awesome vapes though). A big part of it is because I use herbs to help me sleep. The MFLB with PA is practically the easiest vape out there to clean up/put away (I don't like leaving my gear out in the open). The glass on my E-Nano (and Solo) would stay too hot to put away for a while; one time I put it back in my VapeCase a little too early and it melted a little of the foam insert. Not a big deal in the middle of the day, but when its late and I want to sleep + medicated... love to just throw everything in the VapeCase or just stash into a drawer without a worry.

meek420, nopartofme, lwien and 3 others like this.
  5. lwien

lwien Well-Known Member

Yup. Me too. The MFLB is in solid rotation with my LSV. It's just soooooo damned convenient to use.

6. KidFated.

One thing i can say is if you like looking at your herb, dont get the "flower of life" on your lid ;)

meek420, nopartofme, kahlilhc and 2 others like this.
  7. fernand

fernand Well-Known Member

"... or procedure .."

I'm curious if you MFLB guys have relatively similar taste in this area. Is the MFLB user base more people who like to vape the ABV down pretty far, like to French Roast color, or is there a wide variation?

8. Quetzalcoatl

Quetzalcoatl SPACE GOD 宇宙

It depends what you want from it. I don't mind taking it to spent coffee color, but I know @pakalolo likes flavor and probably wouldn't take his material as far as I would. It's easier to control how vaped your material is when you're using the power adapter as you can limit how much power goes to the trench. Sometimes I'll set it really low and vape a trench that way, slowly going up and dumping when the taste starts to annoy me, other times I'll hook it up to the water path and chase those nice hazy hits.

nopartofme, OF, KidFated. and 2 others like this.
  9. axakal

axakal Well-Known Member

if the electric ones you mentioned have all more or less the same bland taste as the solo, i totally agree with you. i know some criticize the mflb for it's poor taste, whatever it means in their view, but to me the solo doesn't have a taste at all. what the purpose of having tastebuds and not being able to use them while enjoing the herbs anyway? :) the lotus i'm not sure about. i can tell more, after trying it out, as i wanted it to be my torch powered back up portable. but for real portability, as in easy to conceal and being able to use in a most unconspicious way in most adverse weather condtitions, nothing beats the mflb at the moment. try to light up a lotus or a vg at a crowded trainstation on a rainy day. :)

RUDE BOY and Quetzalcoatl like this.
  10. KidFated.

Sorry if i misunderstood, but solo has a bland taste? Be never used one but its on my todo list.. Lotus had amazing flavor, just not really portable *for me*

Mflb has its own flavor IMO, and i love it. I will take it to dark brown before bed, usually golden brown other times..

11. fernand

fernand Well-Known Member

OK, @Quetzalcoatl that makes sense, because on the battery it's a bit of a runaway stallion. I guess our $20 e-bay power adapter is long sold.

I can relate to the simplicity of the MFLB. But I guess I'm still in the discovery phase and liking other units a bit more.

But here's an interesting thing. Those infrared measurements show the temp on the MFLB screen being very even, at 400 deg F. I wouldn't have expected such consistency. It doesn't say they ran on the Power Supply.

@axakal I mainly vape the FireFly, I like its taste. The Solo is new to me, it's effective but the taste is better on the FireFly. The MFLB runs a bit hot, but I'm sure I'll figure it out.

Quetzalcoatl likes this.
  12. axakal

axakal Well-Known Member

at least it appears bland to me. a friend of mine has a solo. he uses it mainly at level 5. although it gets me high, like @fernand says, i can't note any specific taste. at least it's not very pronounced. but it's of course only my subjective opinion.

KidFated. likes this.
  13. pakalolo

pakalolo RoboMod v3.17 (ticking) Staff Member

You're right that I like flavour, but I think that I also have more tolerance than most for the change as the load is used up. I often take mine to a dark brown. I still find the flavour interesting even though it starts to get that ABV taste. I'll often keep going as long as it is producing vapour, even when the taste starts to get nasty. I'm weird like that.

mitchgo61, RUDE BOY, poonman and 6 others like this.
  14. KidFated.

It took me awhile to realize how much more i like the Mflb; you control it all with your draw and and i love putting a tiny bit in the trench for pure flavor. i do need to try a solo and firefly..

Hey Pak, i love going very dark, but only before bed or in extreme pain.. I kinda like tha flavor sometimes too

Quetzalcoatl, axakal and OF like this.
  15. OF

OF Well-Known Member

I think this points very well to another strong LB feature, the owner can easily determine/change the action here. I (and I'm sure many others) sometimes get into the mood for 'something different' here. Sometimes I'll dump an 'only used a little' load into the ABV jar much earlier than most and load another when I crave the flavor. Likewise, many times I'll run the load into the mud either because I'm specifically after 'the heavy stuff' or just too lazy to change loads (sometimes I goof up and don't take enough into the garden....). It those cases I often just pitch the much use ABV.

The next load is a fresh start with the box. Something I find pretty neat.

OF

Quetzalcoatl, nopartofme and axakal like this.
  16. Lokbok

Lokbok Active Member

IMO.. if you've tried any vaporizer that has a similar setup to a log vape, you get a similar flavor. The exception is.. when the Solo is brand new, it might have a slight "factory" taste. I know mine did and I probably should have ran some primary dry runs or cleaned it out with ISO better.

Totally agree though, I like the MFLB flavor.

meek420 and OF like this.
  17. FlyingLow

FlyingLow Team NO SLEEP!

With regards vapor quality, flavor and vapor density, how does the LB compare to the Lotus?
    (Currently a Lotus user, and keep coming back to looking at the LB for my next vape)

LB is simply far more discrete than using a torch:)

18. KidFated.

Ill just say they are very different units, but they both do a VERY good job. I think a Mflb is needed for anyone that vapes regularly..

19. FlyingLow

FlyingLow Team NO SLEEP!

Well I certainly fall into that category... 1.5 years all vape

In what ways do you feel they are different?
    Do you prefer flavor of one to the other?

20. luchiano

luchiano Well-Known Member

Those numbers are off for thc, cbn, and CBD. Look through my recent post for the dr.hornby study.

Also, the oils do burn when dabbing just not all of them, and not burn in the way bud burns. Why do you think the concentrate boils so fast?. It absorbs some of that high heat, and the lower boiling oils will degrade because of this or what we say "burn". Just because you don't see ash or very little of it doesn't mean no burn. Bud shows those things because it's mostly plant fibers, which are carbohydrates, and minerals. These things don't mix with air very well. Oils love air and would just go along with the inhaled air, leaving little to nothing in the bowl, while still being burned. Like I stated all of it won't burn due to the some of the oil boiling at its respective temperature but because a concentrate is high in so much volatile oils, a lot will burn. This is just explaining it in a simple way.

How will this effect our health in the future remains to be seen but if someone does it a lot, I don't think it will be good, especially considering the oils can be stored in adipose tissue, and the older you get, the weaker peoples immune system tend to become.

KidFated. likes this.
  21. meek420

meek420 Well-Known Member

Quick warranty update: Very satisfied with my warranty experience. 13 days elapsed from the date I submitted a warranty claim to the day I received my replacement. 24-48 hours elapsed in between each email. There was a period of waiting between the time I received confirmation of replacement to the date it was shipped, which was clearly communicated to me so I knew what to expect. Hopefully this will help prepare or inform anyone curious about the warranty experience. I am thrilled to be a magic flight customer.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2014
    Joshh1, OF, poonman and 2 others like this.
  22. meek420

meek420 Well-Known Member

Looks like I'll finally be liberating myself from my pill bottle, nickel, and quarter combo for powdery grinds... just ordered myself a Walnut finishing grinder (7 days left to order from massdrop @ $23.99 + $1.99 shipping)

Hoping the Walnut grinder gives me a better idea of what the Walnut box looks like. For my next box, I'm leaning toward the Cherry for the flavor over the Walnut for the looks.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2014
    nopartofme, Quetzalcoatl and axakal like this.
  23. KidFated.

Im gettin all boxed up before i give a speech to our schools animal rights group about coyote/wolf hunting. Should be fun!

24. Lokbok

Lokbok Active Member

Seriously been on the fence about this. While I think the pill bottle + nickels trick works good enough.. I'm curious if I can get a finer grind with the Finishing Grinder. The only thing is.. even at the Massdrop price.. I can get a small electronic coffee/nuts/spice grinder for cheaper on Amazon. I can probably just stick a bigger supply of herbs in there and even avoid using my Space Case. I usually pre-grind all my material just to help get it drier by the time I vape it. It's already somewhat of a chore pre-grinding so much using the Space Case.. and then I'll have to put it through the Finishing Grinder once more before actually vaping.

meek420 and OF like this.
  25. lwien

lwien Well-Known Member

One major thing to consider about the finishing grinder is that it fits right on top of the MFLB and the grind goes directly from the grinder into your trench. No mess..............no fuss.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors