1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.

The Magic-Flight Box

Discussion in 'Portable Vaporizers' started by magicflight, May 16, 2009.

1. Silver0066

Silver0066 New Member

Thanks. I think I was holding the lid too tight and when I looked in the hole with a flashlight, I saw part of the cushion. It now works fine as long as I don't press on the lid.

2. OF

OF Well-Known Member

There's not, and it shouldn't. That's not the air path. In fact that area (behind the rubber doughnut) is open to the real world through the left hole in the back. Some air also gets past the slot that the ground ring is in, but that too does not contribute to the draw.

Exactly so. Notice the shallow opening under the cover on the top left (as seen from the back)? Air goes in there, down the channel under the lid and into the bowl area at 'about 1:30 on the dial' as seen from the top.

OF

RUDE BOY and KidFated. like this.
  3. KidFated.

KidFated. Watch your pawking metaws.

This thing never stops amazing me, and tha very subtle taste from my walnut stem, nice cup of black tea. Flavor central.. Im loading up enough for three small flavor hits and dumpin it into a container for my dbv later. @OF i assume its fine, but i can charge a single battery at time with tha stock charger correct? I dont need a pair?

nopartofme and OF like this.
  4. OF

OF Well-Known Member

Yup, all the factory chargers I've seen (quite a few models.....) all do just fine on single batteries. It's very few that need two matched batteries at a time.

Enjoy!!!

OF

MileHighLife and KidFated. like this.
  5. Quetzalcoatl

Quetzalcoatl SPACE GOD 宇宙

While the holes in the back are part of the air path, blocking them off has hardly any noticeable performance. If you listen closely and play around a bit you'll see that air does in fact flow in through there. Hardly anything though. I've had the hole plugged since I got my most recent box and haven't given it a second thought since.

MileHighLife likes this.
  6. Vitolo

Vitolo Vaporist

If you blow through the hole in the back, on the original boxes..(pre-click lock lid)you will find that it does indeed connect, and create an air path that will blow vapor.

I have seen people fill entire bags using the "for production purpose only" hole....
    ... and I have seen aquarium air pumps plugged into that back hole to accomplish this!

I say it all the time, and people ALWAYS argue the point with me, and explain how the hole is for production only.

I will go ahead and call it an air hole regardless.. and here is my proof:

Last edited: Jan 25, 2014
    axakal, flotntoke, Tweek and 10 others like this.
  7. RUDE BOY

RUDE BOY Space is the Place

Vito, Your the Man !

Vitolo likes this.
  8. KidFated.

I love loons.. And Vito of course.

RUDE BOY, Quetzalcoatl and Vitolo like this.
  9. pakalolo

pakalolo RoboMod v3.17 (ticking) Staff Member

Well, the hole is for production. It's actually really easy to see how it works if you just look through the battery hole. The hole in question does pass through into the heating chamber, but it's occupied by a rod. This rod might not block the hole completely as shown in your video—or it might, as it does in mine of the same vintage (verified by my similar test). Given the nature of the way it's manufactured, I think it's safe to say that air flow through that hole varies from LB to LB. In any case, air flow is not its intended purpose, and the pushback ring in later LBs makes it even less likely that any air will flow that way at all.

10. nopartofme

nopartofme Well-Known Member

"The real world"!

Indeed, inside that hole is the realm of Magic. Like a tiny portal to Narnia.

OF and MileHighLife like this.
  11. OF

OF Well-Known Member

Indeed. The veritable navel of the Vape God, or so it's held in some circles. Important rituals are based on it.

OF

12. KidFated.

Magic Flight should make a home unit just to say they have one. Obviously they aren't going to sell a bad product..

Quetzalcoatl and TanukiCoast like this.
  13. sundaddy

sundaddy Well-Known Member

That new concentrate box is very sexy looking, 'course I'm into the whole SteamPunk thing. I can't wait to give it a test drive.

Quetzalcoatl and OF like this.
  14. OF

OF Well-Known Member

Cool. As a Steampunk fan have you checked out Vapman? Seriously cool, in that it's not just 'fluff' but a highly functional combination of metals, wood, minerals (mica sheet) and whimsy. I mean what else do you know that's made of pear wood?

I've got the MFLB, and a Beta concentrate box, they're both cool. But Vapman........

OF

Quetzalcoatl and Vitolo like this.
  15. sundaddy

There are many I would like to add to the collection, but that Maud Dib box is next. Does the Vapman handle concentrates?

16. Vitolo

Vitolo Vaporist

The original batteries are getting harder to get from reputable vape dealers that I support.
    I gave in and bought a number of the new Glyph batteries.
    One of the brand new ones that I purchased charges, and works well right off the charger, but loses it's complete charge just sitting, over a few days.
    Has anyone experienced this?
    I sent an email to Magic Flight on Saturday Morning, and will learn how to have it replaced, but wondered if I am the only one to see this.

Vapodudule and RUDE BOY like this.
  17. KidFated.

I just received my new ones friday and one seemed pretty low powered after taking it off Saturday night and trying it about 20 minutes ago. Tha other 3 in tha case seem fine. Dunno if im imagining it, but it did seem low powered.

It wasnt completely powerless though.

RUDE BOY likes this.
  18. sundaddy

Wow, I didn't realize that Magic Flight was carrying the Vapman, I will definitely consider this down the road.

Quetzalcoatl, KidFated. and Vitolo like this.
  19. lwien

lwien Well-Known Member

That's kind of a strange marriage, eh? Hmmmm.......:hmm:

Quetzalcoatl and KidFated. like this.
  20. hokaku

hokaku Member

Hi guys. So my power adapter (1st edition) just broke. The launch box isn't heating up no matter how I twist/move the "battery" piece. Any suggestions/DIY fixes/things I could check while I wait for the warranty process to go through?

My launch box is my main vape so it's pretty important to me ^^

KidFated. likes this.
  21. sundaddy

I thought that too, but it's really makes sense. 2 obvious geniuses making hand crafted wooden vaporizers, with great materials and warranties. I'm sure they have much respect for each other, Magic Flight has the upper hand in marketing though.

Quetzalcoatl, OF, KidFated. and 2 others like this.
  22. RUDE BOY

Naw,its a beautiful little wooden Vape, Darn near a work of art. A marriage the Angels would envy me thinks.

axakal, OF, KidFated. and 2 others like this.
  23. lwien

lwien Well-Known Member

Yeah, but they kinda occupy the same space in the market, eh? Both portables, both around the same price point with the only difference being the power source. I don't know, but to me, they seem to be more similar than different.

KidFated. likes this.
  24. RUDE BOY

I agree lwien. But would a marriage between a rude boy and courteous gal really work for long ?

I'd say sundaddy got it right with the Mutual appreciation of the Vapman and Launch Box pep's.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2014
  25. lwien

lwien Well-Known Member

Understood. I'm just strictly coming from a marketing perspective.

RUDE BOY likes this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors