1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.

The Magic-Flight Box

Discussion in 'Portable Vaporizers' started by magicflight, May 16, 2009.

1. RUDE BOY

RUDE BOY Space is the Place

They have had the Vapman on the MF site for a few years now. The VM is hard to come by from a US vendor maybe they were just lending a helping hand for exposure in this market. :shrug:

2. lwien

lwien Well-Known Member

Never knew that before now.

RUDE BOY likes this.
  3. sundaddy

sundaddy Well-Known Member

Says even more about the generosity and general good nature of Magic Flight. Good Vibes all around!

Quetzalcoatl, Buildozer and RUDE BOY like this.
  4. esrever

esrever Herb: best aphrodisiac and stereo tweak on Earth

Seems odd to me also. Maybe they figured a lot of people would be buying one or the other and
    they can make a sale either way?

5. TwisteD

TwisteD Member

Hey Guys! I've had my MFLB for around 8 months, it came with 6 new batteries, 2 Glyphs and 4 stock. They all seem pretty weak these days, I know I may have not taken care of them very well...
    I constantly drop them, 2 of them got completely wet with water, I used to vape without realizing they were EXTREMELY hot, etc...

I "know" the batteries are the problem because some are stronger than the other ones... I can't produce vape clouds as before, does it sound like a battery problem?

Oh and I also have my trench pretty DIRTY, I haven't found iso alcohol in my country, they only sell it in big quantities and I dont need 5 gallons of that shit. Is there any other liquid I could use to clean it without damaging? The screen has some resin attached to the bars on the sides... They look like "hash".

Halp!

Thanks FC! I still love my MFLB :)!

6. caves

caves Living the vape life

That does sound like a battery issue, I'd recommend picking up a fresh set of Glyph batteries from Magic Flight. Just treat 'em a little better this time around, though. :D

Don't worry about the buildup in the trench, it's totally natural (as long as you haven't been combusting in there often). If you really want to clean it, then yes, a little bit of isopropyl alcohol on a q-tip is the best bet. I'm not sure of any alternatives, but maybe someone else can chime in. Be especially careful with the bars on the side, don't go trying to scrape off that buildup. There's a good chance of damaging your screen, and the gunk doesn't impair the function of the box.

Cheers!

RUDE BOY likes this.
  7. KidFated.

KidFated. Watch your pawking metaws.

Dry burns gets rid of some gunk if you wanna do that..

On another note, i just tried a 1.5 ft whip with my box, 3footer cut in half. I fuckin dig it, probably won't walk around with a whip in my pocket though.

2 Paces, SpruceGruve and RUDE BOY like this.
  8. Quetzalcoatl

Quetzalcoatl SPACE GOD 宇宙

About all the vapman talk, I don't care that MF sells them. To sell them they had to buy them bulk from vapman so he got his sale and MF gets theirs. Plus MF has way more leverage in the US market, I've seen only one other post about a vapman on other cannabis sites. vapman gets to fulfill orders for MF, and also gets exposure to another market for more potential sales.

About the cleaning thing... ISO is preferable since it's a clean solvent. I guess you could substitute Everclear? Or another very high-proof alcohol that has no additives. I think grain alcohol is what it's called? Just alcohol and water, no flavoring, nothing fancy.

axakal and OF like this.
  9. ataxian

ataxian California

I had a MFLB when I started vaporizing.
    Nobody taught me how to use it.
    So gave it away with 10 batteries.
    You guys seem to love it?
    Maybe I gave up too soon?

10. MileHighLife

MileHighLife Whiskey Tango

It's all about grind consistency and technique to get good hits with the box

OF, ataxian and Quetzalcoatl like this.
  11. KidFated.

I loveeeeeee my box. Especially with kief

12. ataxian

ataxian California

The SOLO was plug and play so I just went for a no brainer method.
    You need a PHD or just super intelligent for the MFLB.
    Am not clever enough!

13. Quetzalcoatl

Quetzalcoatl SPACE GOD 宇宙

It needs a fine grind and more user input than a Solo. They both medicate! I have used my LB sparingly since getting my Solo. I can use my Solo effortlessly but it's not the best lazy session vape! I wish I could take a few puffs and put it down for 10 minutes and then take two more, but I'm limited to 12 minutes a session and waiting for it to heat up. With the LB I can take my time or hurry up and extract and it only heats when you want it to! You have different needs than I do, and I have different needs than OF! Use what suits you best!

Edit: I had 2 Solo stems earlier, one of Fire OG and one of J-1! I think some kief in my LB will be nice! Good thinking @KidFated. !

14. Vicki

Vicki The Bionic Woman

Well, I don't like to brag....:p

Seriously, though, there is a learning curve, but it can be over come. ;)

MileHighLife and deadheadbill like this.
  15. Vitolo

Vitolo Vaporist

They responded pretty fast.
    They told me how to exchange the battery.
    The fact that one discharges on it's own, could be partially my fault, as the package arrived in November, and I did not open it until January!

ataxian and Vicki like this.
  16. KidFated.

Hey Vito, i simply used my seemingly lower powered 'pair' and once they died i charged them again, seem to be on par with tha rest now. And i always fully charge before using.

17. Silver0066

Silver0066 New Member

I just purchased 4 new Glyphs from MF along with a charger. The batteries get so hot after charging that I can hardly pick them up. I sent an email to their warranty department 2 weeks ago and have not had the courtesy of a response.

Is this normal for the batteries to get so hot with their charger?

18. KidFated.

Mine did while tha light was still red. All of them. They cool down when on green. When its done charging. I hope its normal.

19. deadheadbill

deadheadbill I can see clearly now the smoke is gone...

I agree that grind is important, especially at first. But the LB is technique driven above all else. I was one of those that had given up initially on the box, but decided screw that and mastered the technique.

At this point, I can blow clouds from fairly coarse weed. Hell, I'm pretty sure I could get a nug to vape with new batteries now.

20. Ano

Ano FC Lover

With the previous version of the batteries (not the glyphs), mine also used to become hot to a point where it was really unpleasant to hold them in my hands.
    Never had any issue with these batteries on the 8-9 months period I used them.

21. lwien

lwien Well-Known Member

I have the old batts and they never get that hot.

If batts get really, really hot in the charger, it means one of two things. Either the charger is charging them too fast, or they missed the delta-v cutoff termination and is relaying on the temp sensors to terminate charge. Cheap chargers such as the ones that are packaged with the MF, in my opinion, are not the ideal chargers to use, especially as the batteries age and become more prone to missing those delta terminations.

axakal and MileHighLife like this.
  22. ataxian

ataxian California

That's so cool you figured it out!
    I guess I'm lazy and never mastered it.

23. Silver0066

Silver0066 New Member

That does not make me happy. I purchased the charger from MFLB the same time I purchased the batteries. They should work together.

24. lwien

lwien Well-Known Member

They do work together, but MF had to pick a charger that fit into a price point that they wanted to hit with their vape. There are better chargers out there that will allow you to monitor how they are aging and allow you to apply different charge rates and/or recondition old batts.

Typically, missed terminations are a result of a combination of an aging battery and a charge rate that is too slow. That said, the MFLB puts a real strain on batts because of how fast they discharge and eventually, the batts will die, regardless of the charger being used.

25. davesmith

davesmith Well-Known Member

I thought I'd post my thoughts on using the LB with the CTs, Glyphs and cheap(ish) Moroccan import hash.

So I finally decided (having kicked the tobacco once and for all) to try a bit of import hash with my LB. I've previously tried bubble, keif and oils and was only really happy with the results using keif, either on a trench of bud or the unscreened tray. Bubble I prefer to pipe and oil to dab. Anyway... First thing I noticed was how little the tray holds. With good bubble or keif you need less but I suppose, but with the import you need to PACK it so refilling is a bit of a pain. The good news is the box definitely gets hot enough to fully extract the hash. It'll do one (at a REAL stretch two) trenches per battery. This means if your looking to get fully baked your gonna need a hell of a lot of AA's or a PA.

The only thing I have a question about is ABV. What colour and consistency should it come out? I ended up with something resembling charcoal. Hard dusty black stuff. Is this whatever impurities are in the hash? or have I just mostly combusted some hash. I'm not sure. I'm definitely stoned. All in all a success then i suppose.

Anyway, Hopefully this post is of some use to someone at some point. I haven't previously seen many accounts of trying to vaporise import hash.

Take it easy people

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors