1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.

The Magic-Flight Box

Discussion in 'Portable Vaporizers' started by magicflight, May 16, 2009.

1. axakal

axakal Well-Known Member

a couple of weeks ago i bought a couple of glyphs. at the same time, due to a confusion with my order i also got fresh stock batteries which i was allowed to keep. now rotating and comparing them run after run i have the strange impression, that the glyphs seem to last less than the stock batteries. they seem to drain faster without me actually seing a huge difference in performance. is it purely subjective or has somebody else made the same experience?

TanukiCoast likes this.
  2. Vitolo

Vitolo Vaporist

I have the identical experience.
    The concept seems similar to the old
    "mercury batteries " Vs. "Silver Oxide" for amplification devices.
    The mercury would get quieter and quieter during it's death, so you would need to turn up the volume a couple of times to hear as the battery weakened.
    The silver oxide battery would march along at full power, and then die a rapid death.

I only have 2 sets of original MFLB batteries left... and they are the ones I bring with me every trip.
    I use my glyph batteries, but still love (maybe even prefer) my originals.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2014
    OF and Vicki like this.
  3. RUDE BOY

RUDE BOY Space is the Place

Sounds like stem honey, If your using a wooden stem run a pipe cleaner through it, glass stem clean it with iso.
    Hitting Native ? Swab out under the trench with a q-tip or pipe cleaner.

Good Luck.

4. MileHighLife

MileHighLife Whiskey Tango

Have you been vaping cocaine in your lb again?

5. davesmith

davesmith Well-Known Member

Tis a glass shorty stem and it def wasn't stem honey. Stem oil really doesn't taste that bad.

Who? me? :cool:

Now I may be tripping but it was a really weird experience. Only thing I can think is maybe a bug got in there and stung my mouth when I tried to inhale it or....well ghosts?

I have NO idea. Gonna check my box after dinner lets hope its back to usual.

6. SpruceGruve

SpruceGruve Bag of sand in hand,Eyeing up the gold statue

Have you used ISO on your Lb screen at all?if you have never,or not recently it might be ghosts:ninja::uhoh:

MileHighLife likes this.
  7. davesmith

davesmith Well-Known Member

I did ISo the screen for the first time the other day.... Hmmm

8. lwien

lwien Well-Known Member

The Box.................a few further thoughts.

So I've been using the LB exclusively for a week now. Didn't fire up the LSV at all.

In regards to efficiency: One fully loaded trench will give me 5 sessions. I do one session a night, so.......one trench lasts me 5 days. One trench is equal to about 4 PD stems worth of bud, and 4 PD stems would last me about 5 days as well, so from this comparison, it seems that the LB is every bit as efficient as my PD was. Impressive.

9. esrever

esrever Herb: best aphrodisiac and stereo tweak on Earth

That is impressive, lwien.

I'm guessing a reason my Toasty Top seems more efficient than the Box is b/c of
    the humidity here. I don't take extra steps to fully dry my herb and the TT does
    a better job of drying it while vaping than the Box does,
    so it extracts more of the good stuff.
    I can get wispy hits from MFLB ABV in the TT, but not
    vice versa. Does that make sense?

Prolly need to dry my stash better (which will also lend to a finer grind) to fully
    appreciate the Box's efficiency.

10. lwien

lwien Well-Known Member

Yeah. I've found that the grind makes all the difference in the world. I really didn't like the Box until I got the Finishing Grinder.

SpruceGruve, axakal and nopartofme like this.
  11. Talnoy

Talnoy Well-Known Member

So I got my Maud-Dib (pronounced maw-deeb, [I have DUNE flashbacks whenever I say this name]) Concentrate Box (beta) yesterday and I put the amount they said to put in of the Wax I was using in my Vape2 Globe Pen.

With the Globe Pen I had to use more Wax and hit it 2x to feel anything.

With the Maud-Dib I put the same size I usually do with the Pen and took a single draw, and OMFG it felt like I ate 4 “On the Horizon Max Strength Brownies” and washed it down with about 3 “Quenchers”…. Needless to say, I was phucked beyond comparison.

MFLB you have done it yet again *Bow*

12. KidFated.

KidFated. Watch your pawking metaws.

My walnut stem will be here Friday, thanks big bro :)

Quetzalcoatl likes this.
  13. Nok21

Nok21 New Member

Never mind, question answered!

Last edited: Jan 22, 2014
    Quetzalcoatl likes this.
  14. kayaman

kayaman New Member

I need help! I have a list of questions.
    1. Screen cracked... How bad is this?
    2. It seems like it's only burning in one spot near the whole where you suck on one spot,
    3. Idpf I would file a case for warranty do I have to send them my launch box and wait till they send me a new one? Also is there a choice to upgrade to the more advanced ones by paying the difference?
    Please help me answer these question please!

15. 2 Paces

2 Paces Well-Known Member

File a warranty claim. The screen is what heats the goods, so any break in it will hurt performance.

In my experience after your claim is approved they will have you disable the box in a certain way, then send them photographic proof of it. Then they will send a new box.

I don't know if you can pay an upgrade on a warranty. Ask them when you get in touch. The worst they can do is say no.

If they say yes, let us all know how much the upgrade costs. That would be good information to have.

OF, kayaman, KidFated. and 1 other person like this.
  16. KidFated.

Im so excited for all my batteries and my walnut stem.. Can i just use a pipe cleaner to clean my wooden stem?

17. Quetzalcoatl

Quetzalcoatl SPACE GOD 宇宙

I don't think they'll allow you to "upgrade" through a warranty. Not 100% on that though.

Ed's stems come with a little pipe cleaner piece. That's all I've used to clean my wooden stem.

OF, RUDE BOY and MileHighLife like this.
  18. kayaman

kayaman New Member

Thank you

19. KidFated.

Sooo i got my new box setup today and noticed a change they made to tha box i got from a fellow member. Tha top of tha lid, has angled edges instead of 90 degree squared corners. I like it. I also have a reallly dark line in my maple so my walnut stem matches great!

Quetzalcoatl and RUDE BOY like this.
  20. sundaddy

sundaddy Well-Known Member

Where do you get the concentrate box? I have got to get one!

21. RUDE BOY

^^Try The Magic Flight Web Site/Store.

edit; Too cool, both my walnut waterpipe whip and flex mini rig are out for delivery. :rockon:

Its gonna be a Magic Flight Night !!

..........................................................:smug:.................................................................

Last edited: Jan 24, 2014
    deadheadbill, OF, nopartofme and 6 others like this.
  22. Silver0066

Silver0066 New Member

Just received a new FB replacement for an old one with a broken screen.

After just a few days, the rubber battery stopper in the big hole is blocking the air input at the rear. I can move it with the end of a very small screwdriver, but when I insert the battery, the rubber cushion is pushed down again and it blocks the air input causing it to not draw.

Has anyone had this problem and found a fix?

OF likes this.
  23. RUDE BOY

I didn't know there was an air intake in the back. Makes no difference in my draw if I cover the hole on the battery end of the box.

OF, Quetzalcoatl and 2 Paces like this.
  24. KidFated.

Air comes in between tha lid and wood.

OF, SpruceGruve, Buildozer and 2 others like this.
  25. 2 Paces

2 Paces Well-Known Member

That hole in the back is only used for manufacturing. It can be blocked with no ill effect according to Magic Flight.

OF, SpruceGruve, MileHighLife and 2 others like this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors