1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.

The Magic-Flight Box

Discussion in 'Portable Vaporizers' started by magicflight, May 16, 2009.

1. OF

OF Well-Known Member

Most cool. Sounds like the Bro really lucked out sibling wise........lucky SOB......

OF

2. KidFated.

KidFated. Watch your pawking metaws.

I know some of you have multiple box's. but with a lifetime warranty and a ton of other vapes, might as well give him my extra. I look back at my dugout days and laugh now. I hope he does tha same..

Edited to add, he can buy his own damn PA ;)

axakal, steama, Vicki and 2 others like this.
  3. OF

OF Well-Known Member

IMO he should buy you one at the same time.....and you can tell him I said do.

I hope he takes the hint, don't you?

OF

4. esrever

esrever Herb: best aphrodisiac and stereo tweak on Earth

I have fond memories of my dugout days, getting in one hitters just about
    anywhere and everywhere--even during a tennis game w my Dad (while fetching
    a ball back against the fence). However, my lungs and throat (not to mention wallet)
    would have loved to have "the box" during college and roaring 20's.

KidFated. likes this.
  5. $unnyblaq

$unnyblaq Well-Known Member

New here just wanted to say i fricking love my lbs i have walnut and classic maple. Love em both just need a cherry mflb to complete my collections if you are on the fence deciding to get one do youself a favor a BUY ONE ALREADY. Best loving community on the vape market easy to use and clean just one of my best most reliable most loved vapes can't imagine not having one ot two lol love this thing and hello to all my mflb family :) always choose on the basis of love ;)

6. SirDarkened

SirDarkened Active Member

I just recently got one of these after already owning a Pax and a Solo and I do have to say this thing is so conservative... I use it more than anything else. Hoping to pick up a PA within the next few weeks at my LHS when they have them in stock.

Does the PA increase vapor production or anything beyond just giving you unlimited power?

$unnyblaq, Quetzalcoatl and Vicki like this.
  7. Quetzalcoatl

Quetzalcoatl SPACE GOD 宇宙

It doesn't increase it so much as makes it consistent. You don't get the vapor tapering off like when you use a half-used battery. And you get to set the power from next-to-nothing to combusting, so you can start low and then move up incrementally.

axakal, poonman, pakalolo and 3 others like this.
  8. $unnyblaq

$unnyblaq Well-Known Member

The p.a is like having the 1st hit off a fresh glyph battery O.o(with perfect technique of course) love it makes the mflb a completely different experience i just need the wpa and I'm good :rockon:

Joshh1, RUDE BOY and Quetzalcoatl like this.
  9. Joshh1

Joshh1 Stickyy icky

The PA is the perfect if you use your LB at home a lot and I find myself not even using batteries anymore now that I also have the included car adaptor. My only complaint, it's a little annoying at first because you're attached to a wire now.

I've been using some wax in my LB and I noticed a sticky residue on my lid. I tried qtip and some not so great green rubbing alcohol last night. It was all I had available, and it didn't seem to take it off. Well I scratched at it and now it looks even worse. Should I just pick up some more 91% ISO and give me another rub down or what? Is it just a resin build up from the concentrates? (First time user).

10. davesmith

davesmith Well-Known Member

Yea just get some ISo and a bit of cotton buds to clean it off. Good as new.

Quetzalcoatl and Joshh1 like this.
  11. Joshh1

Joshh1 Stickyy icky

Thanks man, I'm just worried I scratched up my lid with my finger nail more now than the actual build up. I can't really tell. I'll pick up a new bottle of ISO tonight.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 20, 2014
  12. pakalolo

pakalolo RoboMod v3.17 (ticking) Staff Member

Your fingernail isn't hard enough to make permanent scratches on acrylic. Some ISO should clean that lid up nicely.

If you used something hard enough to scratch the acrylic, then you can try removing the marks with toothpaste.

RUDE BOY, Joshh1 and OF like this.
  13. Joshh1

Joshh1 Stickyy icky

I didn't believe I really could have scratched it. It just looks like it from my point of view, I was worried I scarred my baby lol. Thank you for the reassurance!

I haven't ever used anything other than the brush and qtips on it. So looks like I need to pick up woke more ISO tonight.

14. sydnee

sydnee Vaporus Majorus

I bought an Art Cart box this past summer and it's already running cool. I don't use it daily so it's not like it is wearing out or anything. So I guess I have two questions:

1) what causes the box to run cool after a while?
    2) if this is a known problem with the LB, why isn't it covered under the lifetime warranty?

15. lwien

lwien Well-Known Member

Sounds like it may be more of an issue with the batteries than the box, eh?

KidFated. and OF like this.
  16. pakalolo

The maximum heat that a heated screen can reach drops somewhat with use. This is because it is acting as a huge resistor. The resistance changes due to repeated heating and cooling cycles. It shouldn't cool off so much that the LB fails to work, however. If it does, then that is a legitimate warranty claim. The way the LB warranty is written, I' surprised that you thought it wouldn't be.

If you want to check your LB, see How can I tell if my Box is running too cool? in Vaporpedia. I think you should check @lwien's theory first though. ;)

mitchgo61, lwien, Vicki and 1 other person like this.
  17. lwien

lwien Well-Known Member

Never knew about the screen not holding a temp after awhile. Thanks Paka. Learn something new every day.

KidFated. likes this.
  18. sydnee

sydnee Vaporus Majorus

No, it's not a battery issue. The box doesn't heat properly with the batteries or the PA. Thanks for your suggestion though.

The reason that I think the warranty doesn't cover the cool box is because MF told me as much. I wrote to them once before and they said that they usually don't cover cool-running boxes and that they would make a "one-time exception" and replace the particular box I had at the time that was running cool. I ended up just not using that particular box anymore and now it sits in a drawer, unused. My bad--I did have that particular box warrantied, but it wasn't because it was running cool. It went through my washing machine, I think. Or maybe it was warrantied because the lid broke when I dropped it. I can't remember as I warrantied two boxes last year because of my stupidity. I own several LBs and I'm getting myself confused.

Anyway, maybe I should write MF again and tell them my situation. I just can't keep collecting cool boxes, you know? :\

Last edited: Jan 20, 2014
  19. pakalolo

I think if it fails the test I linked for you then they'll consider it a warranty claim. I know it's worked like that in the past.

OF likes this.
  20. sydnee

sydnee Vaporus Majorus

Dig it. Thanks, paka. Yes, the box does indeed fail the test mentioned in the wiki page.

I just drafted an email to Elsa at MF. I'll let you know what she says.

Thanks for your time and input, gang. Always appreciated. Love this forum!:love:

21. Nok21

Nok21 New Member

Well, I have had my mflb for about a month now. Still works great, my favorite attachment is the 2 foot whip i made from hardware store vinyl tubing. The tube can be put into my water pipe, but i never really need to use that because the whip cools down the vapor so well. It is the first vaporizer I've owned and so far it is totally worth it. It saves medicine, its small, easy as hell to hide, and best of all it has that warranty. As long as i can send them pictures of the destroyed box instead of sending it back after a warranty claim, then its without a doubt the single best investment I've made for my consumption of dry herbs. Too bad they don't have a box with replaceable screens!

Quetzalcoatl likes this.
  22. OF

OF Well-Known Member

I think that's right. They guarantee a certain level of performance, not 'works like brand new'.

If it no longer makes vapor correctly, it's not a vape and they'll fix or replace as agreed.

FWIW my take on the situation is the surface of the screen gets oxidized in use, which tends to insulate it making the core of the screen a bit hotter but lowering the rate the heat is delivered (but not the temperature). It still makes vapor, just not as much as fast.

To me, it's part of the process. The box is alive at one level, it's just maturing. Most of us do, although I'll allow there seem to be a few exceptions around here sometimes.........

OF

23. lwien

lwien Well-Known Member

You talkin' to me.

YOU TALKIN' TO ME !?!!?!

You BETTER not be talkin' to me.......... :goon:

;)

deadheadbill, TanukiCoast and OF like this.
  24. OF

OF Well-Known Member

Who, sir?

Me, sir?

No, sir! Must been two other guys? Probably on the Starboard watch.......

OF

deadheadbill, TanukiCoast and lwien like this.
  25. davesmith

davesmith Well-Known Member

Weirdest thing happened yesterday. I grabbed a battery straight from the charger and took a big hit. As I cleared the LB something acrid and bitter landed in my mouth. A little glob of something. So I ran to the window and spat then went to the bathroom and washed out my mouth. Then something even stranger happened. My whole mouth went numb. The lb smelt a bit funny after and I checked the trench by no sign of combustion. I had a trench after an it tasted a bit weird so I ditched it an went to bed. Gonna have a look properly when I get home but anyone got any idea what it could be?

Peace

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors