1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.

The Magic-Flight Box

Discussion in 'Portable Vaporizers' started by magicflight, May 16, 2009.

1. thunderfunk

thunderfunk Member

Got a response from MF earlier today saying they shipped out my replacement power adapter today! Very pleased with their customer service. Just sent them my info,, a pic and my address and they shipped it out in 2 days.

poonman and Quetzalcoatl like this.
  2. SwiftGeneration

SwiftGeneration Get Lifted.

Just a follow up to a post I made to compare the MFLB and a DL a few days ago:

After a burn in session with four other friends passing around both units, the MFLB was unanimously picked as the better unit by three of them. I have found the lamp in the MFLB unit is more consistent than the DL and takes less wiggling. It's a tighter unit.

I have since taken it with me on a 1,200 mile road trip with my fiance, due to its reliability and ease of use. We enjoy the unit for travel, it's small and can be easily concealed in a stash can I leave jumbled around in a grocery bag half full of empty soda cans in my back seat. Size and concealability works really well here. after the long trip, I split the stem with a q-tip cleaning it. It still functions but has a crack down the length of it. I have since gotten more used to using it without the stem and enjoy it more.

When I go to a concert ~200 miles away, I plan on bringing the DL -- not because I enjoy it more, but simply that I can chuck it and not feel heartbroken. I've gotten that attached to my little MFLB. GG.

3. Trever

Trever Well-Known Member

Recieved the new MF batteries last night and boy oh boy are they nice! Question is i cant seem to find anywhere what the mah of the new batteries that are stamped. They say 2200 on them so im assuming thats what they are? I just dont want to charge/dishcharge to quickly on my c9000 THX in advance everyone!

b0 likes this.
  4. pakalolo

pakalolo RoboMod v3.17 (ticking) Staff Member

The last time I did an refresh & analyze with my C-9000 the battery ended up with 2235 mAh. In my experience batteries usually come up a little short of the labeled capacity, so make what you will of that. Mine are beta test batteries so they have nothing stamped on them.

Since Magic-Flight says the LB needs at least 2000 mAh you can be sure their batteries will exceed that, so you are safe to use the C-9000 default charging rate (1000 mA) and discharge rate (500 mA).

OF, Trever and Vicki like this.
  5. Vicki

Vicki The Bionic Woman

I concur. I always use the default setting with my C-9000, and never had a problem. :)

6. Trever

Trever Well-Known Member

Thank you guys very much time to do a 48 hour break in ;)

Quetzalcoatl likes this.
  7. poonman

poonman Well-Known Member

48 hours ?
    What are you , a poker player ?

Quetzalcoatl and Trever like this.
  8. Trever

Trever Well-Known Member

Sometimes ;) it takes about that long i swear to do a break in on a battery on the c-9000

9. dsal1

dsal1 Well-Known Member

I recieved some of the new batterys today and i had a question. On 2 of them they say
    HL-AAN22001241-LX and the other 2 have HL-AAN22001251-LX, numbers are diff.

10. Quetzalcoatl

Quetzalcoatl SPACE GOD 宇宙

They're custom cells. As long as they both have the logo stamped on the negative terminal, I don't see anything to worry about? Might just be lot numbers that MF uses for their own purposes.

b0, OF and Vicki like this.
  11. Vitolo

Vitolo Vaporist

The last 2 digits can refer to either the lot# (the production run) or the table (machine or press) that the battery was sealed at

b0, OF and Vicki like this.
  12. dsal1

dsal1 Well-Known Member

Thanks Everyone

13. OF

OF Well-Known Member

I see several statements but no question?

If the question is 'does this matter?', I think the answer is no. The ones you want have engraved logos on the end. I wouldn't worry about a number the maker assigns for his purposes.

OF

Vitolo likes this.
  14. beefsupreme

beefsupreme Well-Known Member

I saw the note that MF is now shipping the batteries on their own. I already have the PA and WPW setup for home so I'm looking forward to having more oomph on the road. I looked through a few pages of thread but didn't see an answer. Is there any better shipping options for getting batteries to Canada (I hate spending twice as much on shipping as the product) or a vendor selling them up here yet? Thx!

15. Quetzalcoatl

They are custom-made cells. I really doubt anyone outside of Magic Flight will sell the new batteries for a long time, if ever. Send them an email explaining your situation and see if they can do anything for you.

beefsupreme and OF like this.
  16. stuey

stuey Well-Known Member

Are MF now selling the premium batteries?

If so where is the link on their site?

17. goatgobaahh

goatgobaahh Well-Known Member

18. stuey

stuey Well-Known Member

19. Quetzalcoatl

Did you guys read back a few pages at least before posting?? This has been discussed twice if not more already...

RUDE BOY, OF, Vicki and 2 others like this.
  20. stuey

stuey Well-Known Member

so whats the answer?

21. pakalolo

pakalolo RoboMod v3.17 (ticking) Staff Member

The answer is that search is your friend:

Not hard to find at all. Emphasis mine.

RUDE BOY, OF, Vicki and 2 others like this.
  22. stuey

stuey Well-Known Member

23. Quetzalcoatl

Jesus...

LOOK AT THE POST BEFORE YOURS

RUDE BOY, OF, Vicki and 1 other person like this.
  24. stuey

stuey Well-Known Member

Look if you dont know the answer, please dont post.

25. b0

b0 Vapor powered

If you don't know to read, how are you here?

Dude, stickstones answered your questions in his post, are you blind?:freak:

mod note: The rule is: Be nice. This is not nice. You are risking a warning point.

OF likes this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors