• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

vapirtoo

Yes Vicki, the batts are so strong that they changed my technique.
Now I wait only 2- 4 seconds then pull, and even as I pull the vapor
keeps coming and coming. Before these batts, I could stop vapor production
if I pulled too hard. With these new bad boys I have to disengage the batt
in order to stop vapor from forming!
My beta PA was much weaker than the new batts, so I tightened the PA up a bit
and now they are even, wth the PA being just a little bit stronger than the
new batts. I love them, I love not being tethered to a wall socket.
When I go out, I often just take one batt with me. They are that good.
I also like that they fall off quick when they need to be recharged.

HSIHP

Placing my order now! :D

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist

That's what happened to me! I totally had to re-do my technique because these batteries are that powerful! I can also get away with using only one battey when I'm out, but I always take two, just in case.

HSIHP

That's what happened to me! I totally had to re-do my technique because these batteries are that powerful! I can also get away with using only one battey when I'm out, but I always take two, just in case.

How many trenches do you usually get with one bat, Vicki?

HSIHP,

Notaek

was just on magic flights web store and it seems there is new brushes now in all kits!

edit: I also noticed they have felt inside the tin... that didn't come with mine though :(

nopartofme

Over the falls, in a barrel
was just on magic flights web store and it seems there is new brushes now in all kits!

edit: I also noticed they have felt inside the tin... that didn't come with mine though :(
Awesome! They look very nice, looks like a wooden handle with the MF logo on it. I want one. I need to have that logo on everything.

JQSZaNY.jpg

This photo also shows the nice embossed bottom on the new MF batteries and the new color MF logo charger. It's the biggest image I could find on their site, perhaps a temporary error given the nice size of most of their catalog images…

The product descriptions also seem to be updated, with a new font color to boot. The premium wood descriptions particularly seemed nice to me:

"Soil, wind, sun and seasons all have an impact on the look and character of the wood. Please make note that due to these natural and distinctive qualities, there will be a wide range of hues and variances between each individual Premium Launch Box."
"Walnut wood is visually striking and emanates a nutty earthen scent and taste while in use."
"Along with its warm coloring and lovely hue, Cherry wood offers a unique scent and taste while in use."

They're also running with the "Healthy, Stealthy, Wealthy, and Wise" vaporizing slogan. Looking good, MF! Whoever you have in charge of this stuff is doing a great job.

TxAg420

Evil Genius
geeze I had to read through about 50 pages to catch up from some time away :) Glad to be back though!

I want.... no... I NEED a freaking concentrates pad! :smug:

I've been on a dabbing kick the past few months and have not vaped since I got my walnut box back in mid Feb. I'm about to "recycle" the batteries since I never really used them and they have been sitting so long. I really forgot how much I loved my box until I came back here!

Thanks for rockin' on FC!

axakal

glad to read, that i'm not the only one addicted to the logoed mflb items. :) i never came over the loss of my original brush with the metall handle and considered the one with plastic handle as a necessary evil. will the wooden brush be available separately?

Awesome! They look very nice, looks like a wooden handle with the MF logo on it. I want one. I need to have that logo on everything.

JQSZaNY.jpg

Trever

glad to read, that i'm not the only one addicted to the logoed mflb items. :) i never came over the loss of my original brush with the metall handle and considered the one with plastic handle as a necessary evil. will the wooden brush be available separately?

I for one sure hope so :)

Squeeky

I'm having an issue with my MFLB, the ring terminal that touches the battery casing is not making a good connection. This happens with both stock and powerex batteries :( If I use a small flat head I can kinda bend it into place, but don't want to be to rough with it. It will work for 1-2 battery inserts then I have to bend it in again. Has anyone else had this issue? I've attempted to clean the terminals with canned air then a q-tip with ISO, doesn't seem to be helping. I sent an email to MF, but figured I'd get a faster answer here.

Squeeky,

OF

Has anyone else had this issue?

Of course. In fact it's a common complaint. Not easy since as you point out different brands are different size and often they're not very round to boot.

It's easy enough to adjust. Open the cover, put the flat spot of the ring squarely on something solid then using a punch or screwdriver tip tap it back down a bit at a time. Go slow you'll be fine. Some guys have reported using a vice (or even large vice grips I think?) with a loop of wire. The key is metal on metal (no wood or plastic) and go slow.

You can send it in with the battery of your choice and they'll happily do it for you IIRC.

One fellow used a strip of tape on one side of the battery to push it over against the contact, mine aren't that loose.

Or you can do like the rest of us, when a loose battery crops up to spoil your session, push it in at an angle from the side that lights the lamp best........

Good luck.

OF

vapirtoo

Look back in this thread and some members had success using pliers
to tighten the coil.... eek! :uhoh:
I would look for a replacement from MF.

vapirtoo,
Reactions: sydnee

Squeeky

Of course. In fact it's a common complaint. Not easy since as you point out different brands are different size and often they're not very round to boot.

It's easy enough to adjust. Open the cover, put the flat spot of the ring squarely on something solid then using a punch or screwdriver tip tap it back down a bit at a time. Go slow you'll be fine. Some guys have reported using a vice (or even large vice grips I think?) with a loop of wire. The key is metal on metal (no wood or plastic) and go slow.

You can send it in with the battery of your choice and they'll happily do it for you IIRC.

One fellow used a strip of tape on one side of the battery to push it over against the contact, mine aren't that loose.

Or you can do like the rest of us, when a loose battery crops up to spoil your session, push it in at an angle from the side that lights the lamp best........

Good luck.

OF

Thats what I had been doing for awhile, just kinda moving the battery around in order to make contact. Now it seems I have to bend the coil (pushing in from the bottom) between every session. Just getting frustrating, I'm sure MF will have a resolution. I even went out and bought a BC1000 La Crosse charger thinking it was my batteries, as I've been using them for awhile. Still hold a charge, but at least now I have a better charger for the future.

OF

Thats what I had been doing for awhile, just kinda moving the battery around in order to make contact. Now it seems I have to bend the coil (pushing in from the bottom) between every session. Just getting frustrating, I'm sure MF will have a resolution. I even went out and bought a BC1000 La Crosse charger thinking it was my batteries, as I've been using them for awhile. Still hold a charge, but at least now I have a better charger for the future.

Sure sounds like a contact problem, cleaning a different charger aren't likely to help that. Pushing the ring up into the wood will come back, you need to move the metal.....make the ring smaller not just off center.....if you want to fix it. SS makes a lousy spring to start with, this is a tough fit, tweaking it is not uncommon. They will do it quickly if you show them exactly how big you want they can do a very good job custom fitting.

But if you're a little bit handy (and brave....) it's an easy adjustment to make. Lots of us have.

Your call, but it can be easily adjusted permanently.

OF

OF,

Squeeky

Funny you mention SS, mine is copper, but it's from 2009 I think. Maybe they switched to SS for this reason. I'm sure I'll get an e-mail back tomorrow. For now I'll just use my backup, iolite. It's not my perferred portable, that is unless you like snakes and the hissing sound it makes.

Cannabuss

Got my power adapter, walnut finishing grinder, walnut stem, and 1 ft whip. I ordered a car adapter plugin for the power adapter but unfortunately it was not shipped in the order. I contacted Magic Flight customer service hoping i'll get that sorted out.

On another note, two of my friends ordered the standard cherry MFLB's from PuffItUp and to my surprise, both MFLB's came in the new felt lined tin with the new cherry MFLB brush and the new MFLB engraved batteries!

OF

Funny you mention SS, mine is copper, but it's from 2009 I think. Maybe they switched to SS for this reason.

Actually I think if you check you'll find out it's plated steel. Copper definitely doesn't make a spring worth having (without Beryllium). Try a magnet on it?

Not that it matters all that much. If the ring is loose you can live with it, get it fixed or fix it yourself the same way no matter what the material.

Good luck.

OF

OF,

RTA

I have recently just recieved my PA and finishing grinder and man what a difference. Love these 2 pieces.

But something is up with my PA. It stays on when button isn't even being pushed. Black button seems to have no effect.
Is there any recommended fixes I could try or anybody came across this same problem?

nopartofme

Over the falls, in a barrel
I have recently just recieved my PA and finishing grinder and man what a difference. Love these 2 pieces.

But something is up with my PA. It stays on when button isn't even being pushed. Black button seems to have no effect.
Is there any recommended fixes I could try or anybody came across this same problem?
I would try loosening the plate that surrounds the button a little bit. You can use the same method described here (though in that case it's telling you how to tighten it up).

Squeeky

I'm having an issue with my MFLB, the ring terminal that touches the battery casing is not making a good connection. This happens with both stock and powerex batteries :( If I use a small flat head I can kinda bend it into place, but don't want to be to rough with it. It will work for 1-2 battery inserts then I have to bend it in again. Has anyone else had this issue? I've attempted to clean the terminals with canned air then a q-tip with ISO, doesn't seem to be helping. I sent an email to MF, but figured I'd get a faster answer here.

Got a response this evening from Hobbit at MF. They offered to replace the unit, which continues to speak highly of their customer service. It was kinda sad ripping apart my screen and breaking off the cover. I know now why they say not to pack the trench, that screen is brittle and pulled from the edge very easy. Fingers crossed they send me an updated unit, looking at the vaporpedia this was a version 3 or 3a.

Squeeky,
Reactions: poonman
Got a response from MF earlier today saying they shipped out my replacement power adapter today! Very pleased with their customer service. Just sent them my info,, a pic and my address and they shipped it out in 2 days.

Top Bottom