1. Thanks to some very special members we were able to help those in need.
  2. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.

The Magic-Flight Box

Discussion in 'Portable Vaporizers' started by magicflight, May 16, 2009.

1. HSIHP

HSIHP Well-Known Member

I use the whip that came with the box. It fits right on that tip.
    OF and nopartofme like this.
  2. kingofnull

kingofnull ace

You'd need a whip/WPA.
    OF and nopartofme like this.
  3. nopartofme

nopartofme               

Yup, I used one of Magic-Flight's whips (not the water pipe whip). You can just take out the shorty stem from one end of the whip and slide that end of the silicone over the glass 14mm whip adapter that the bubbler comes with. You could use MF's beautiful WPW but you would need an 18mm-14mm reducer, also available from MF.
    OF and poonman like this.
  4. Quetzalcoatl

Quetzalcoatl 200% THC

Silicone tubing or the reducer and the MF whip for water pipes.

Small-volume pieces are excellent for the box. I use a small-volume oil rig for mine. I only need 25-30ml for it to be at my preferred level. The flavor is saved with minimal diffusion and it is easy to "white-wall" the glass considering the amount of vapor that the LB produces. My only recommendation would be the inclusion of RezBlock to help keep the piece clean. Some people don't like adding anything to the water path. I think the benefit of having a muchc easier to clean piece is worth the small price to pay.
    b0, OF, poonman and 1 other person like this.
  5. poonman

poonman Well-Known Member

Excellent ,
    ya that's what I meant , the 1 ft whip .
    I don't have the WPW.... yet .

That Bubbler looks like a good size fit for the mflb .
    I've always thought a bigger Bubbler would be too hard to master for the mflb . idk
    A smaller bong space area would be better for the micro-hitting style of the mflb . idk

But one thing I do know is that I can't wait to try the mflb thru water gear .

Thanx people .

edit ;
    thanx Q-man , you beat me to the punch ...again .
    nopartofme likes this.
  6. OF

OF Well-Known Member

Gee, guys, in my ignorance I just used a short piece of 1/4 inch ID silicone tube to couple to the MFLB stem I never use otherwise....

I didn't get the 'gotta use the WPA' memo. Am I off the list? I'm usually on lots of lists......

OF
    nopartofme likes this.
  7. vii

vii Active Member

for those who have the wpa do you prefer a bong or a bubbler? im interested in getting one.is there difference in experience with the box.
  8. nopartofme

nopartofme               

I don't know why I didn't think of this…
    OF likes this.
  9. OF

OF Well-Known Member

Oh, probably because you don't use the stem normally either? After a bit it tends to slip your mind.

Anyway, it works just fine.

Good luck with it, IMO it's a great match.

OF
  10. Quetzalcoatl

Quetzalcoatl 200% THC

OF, so when you go for those big hits, do you shake the Box AND the water piece to move the goodies inside? Or do you shake the world to make the gravity pull the herb around?

:D
    kingofnull, Vitolo and nopartofme like this.
  11. b0

b0 Vapor powered

A small bubbler will be my choice for sure, but a small bong will be good too.
  12. OF

OF Well-Known Member

I like the gravity assisted idea, but the water kept splashing all around. I usually disconnect the 18mm GonG fitting and shake the box, tube and fitting as a unit.

OF
    Quetzalcoatl likes this.
  13. RUDE BOY

RUDE BOY Space is the Place

Oh yeah, my order from MF with new battaries and Walnut box Kit I Picked up in the FC classifieds are both out for Delivery. should be a very good monday.
    OF, Quetzalcoatl, Vicki and 2 others like this.
  14. nopartofme

nopartofme               

Grats! I love my walnut box. I recently came into possession of a maple box (I'm taking care of it while a friend is taking a break from bud) and I'm having a lot of fun playing with two boxes, but experiencing the differences in the smell and taste of the two woods has really made me appreciate the qualities of the walnut wood even more. A well used walnut box smells amazing imo.

Oh yeah, my repaired Cera is out for delivery too. Vapemail Mondays are some of the best Mondays.
    Quetzalcoatl and RUDE BOY like this.
  15. RUDE BOY

Can anyone out there tell me where I can pick up a power supply/ wall wart for the PA I emailed Magic Flight ,Waiting on a reply from them . but wanted to know what other options I May Have , Thanx.
  16. RTA

RTA Member

There aren't many. Trying to find a switch adaptor that is the same input and output as the original unit is hard to come by IMO.
    I have tried to find one but could not.
    MF would be the best place to get a replacement.
  17. OF

OF Well-Known Member

They're actually fairly uncommon, the PA needs over an Amp (what most common WWs seem to end at). IIRC worst case is about 1.8 Amps (it goes up with power level of course). The car cord and a 'car power supply' might be easier to scare up. Otherwise these should work:
    http://www.jameco.com/webapp/wcs/st...001&productId=2135515&catalogId=10001&CID=PDF
    http://www.jameco.com/webapp/wcs/st...001&productId=2099868&catalogId=10001&CID=PDF

As well as several others from that source. Good outfit, BTW.

OF
  18. morninglight

morninglight Well-Known Member

Wow those new batteries are powerful! Had to adapt a new drawing strategy!
    xclarryx, OF, Vicki and 2 others like this.
  19. stickstones

stickstones Wasted Staff Member

i just got mine in and am charging them now...guess i'll be using a hard draw at first and then back it down from there.
    OF, b0 and Vicki like this.
  20. Vicki

Vicki Herbal Alchemist

I know! :)

Definitely do that. I almost combusted once when I first got these because I wasn't drawing fast enough! :o
    b0 likes this.
  21. RUDE BOY

From MF the new battaries come pre charged , they are HOT did a couple sessions in my new maple LB can take a trench from green to Black really fast if you space for a moment. New MF batteries came this morning UPS three minutes latter my LB arrived by USPS ten minutes after that :smug:.
  22. HighlyEducatedScholar

HighlyEducatedScholar Student of Vapor

Definitely speed up the draw when first trying out the new Logo batteries. my first few trenches turned out slightly burnt when i was beta testing cause i really underestimate their strength. they're great for the MFLB in the sense of it being a stealth 'one-hitter' since you can get a much easier and more potent quick draw off of it. try them out with a water piece though. it's a match made in heaven.
    RUDE BOY, Vicki and Quetzalcoatl like this.
  23. b0

b0 Vapor powered

That's the best you can do, also don't wait the same for the first draw, they heat faster. You will feel the hot vapor in the tongue .:tup:
    Vicki likes this.
  24. RTA

RTA Member

[​IMG]
    First vape sesh with my new PA and FG. These are a great combination
  25. nopartofme

nopartofme               

Beautiful photo. I like the dancing maple guy in the background.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors