• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
These new batteries sound interesting. Are MF doing research with NiMh and finding new ways to boost output for the box's specific use-case? I hope they'll be able to say something about the technology they're working on.

These sound like they'll be a premium product you can get through their website, like the PA, and not a replacement for the imedions they ship with new kit. The imedions have an easier learning curve.
Who knows. Wanna know what I do know? These are definitely the batteries that every Box should have had. The people that complain about the 1 trench per battery thing would be wone over with these, I bet. They blow the stock ones out of the water. I went from 4x Powerex 2700's and the PA to just the two MF batteries for 3 months. I didn't have to worry about popping them in the charger before sleeping, I'm pretty much guaranteed enough power for a solid trench if not two. That usually holds me over for 3-5 hours, plenty of time to recharge them.

Quetzalcoatl,
Reactions: Vitolo

axakal

i guess, i got overwhelmed by the amount of the declaration of love for the mflb, so here is my. :)
i've got the box one and a half years ago. by that time, the box couldn't be bought in my country. the nearest distributor was sitting in the uk. the guys definitely meant it well, when they exchanged the original us-charger for the british one(though not of great use for me) along with different batteries. that move of good will from their part costed me time to realise the true potential of this little wonder. it took me a while to finally figure out the importance of the right batteries and a good charger. and here i am, using the box as my portable of choice. i've tried the whisper and the solo, and i'm sorry to say, they just don't do it for me. i tend to compare the box with the AK 47: simple, reliable, easy to clean, perfectly does its hob, iconical in appearance and copied by others, trying to get their share of its glory. the fact, that magic flight continuously develops products for the better use of the box makes it difficult for somebody to not consider it as their medication weapon of choice. the wallnut finish and the classy safe materials make it to a true gentlemen's vaporizer in my eyes. :)
on a different note, yesterday after filling a trench in the dark, i asked myself, if magic flight actually couldn't produce a nice woodden "magazine" for preground medicine. something like the 00 pocket box, only smaller, i don't even care about a keef screen. it's just, i feel sorry for my precious herbs being carried around in a plastic container, be it a bag or a tic tac box or something else. i've also read somewhere, that wood conserves and protects the herbs better and actually could positively enhance their favor. magic flight has the technical know how and the knowledge of materials. they could probably easily build a little stashbox on the basis of the finnishing grinder, with exactly the same thickness as the box. with a glass stem it could have a simple mechanism to fill the trenches with the right amount of preground herbs, like the sugarshakers with tubes, you guys probably know. this way, one always has the trench filled properly, protected from wind and preventing material from unnecessary waste even when it's dark around or maybe when you don't have too much space around you, and you can leave your grinders at home and only need to carry around the batteries and the box itself. think something like a powder box for antique rifles or boxes for snuff tobaco. sure, it's not an item of absolute necessity, but it has its advantages, along with the certain trademark appeal of the high quality magic flight products. what do you guys think?
looks like this post turned out longer than i thought :) traces from yesterday's good night trench are probably still active in my system :)

Quetzalcoatl

I have a small glass vial that I put my ground up herbs into. It works fine, doesn't taint the flavor, and is just a bit smaller than a battery so it goes easy in the pocket. I think Vito has a link handy for one of those, they're pretty cheap at a dollar or two USD.

Quetzalcoatl,
Reactions: Vitolo

nopartofme

Over the falls, in a barrel
I have a small glass vial that I put my ground up herbs into. It works fine, doesn't taint the flavor, and is just a bit smaller than a battery so it goes easy in the pocket. I think Vito has a link handy for one of those, they're pretty cheap at a dollar or two USD.
Here's where I got mine, OF linked it a while back.
http://www.specialtybottle.com/1dramamberglassvialwblackcap.aspx

Axakal, I like the idea for a wind-proof dispensing system easily used in the dark.

magicflight

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
Hi,

In regards to the discussion of the batteries, as a representative of the company I have the 'authorization' to /suggest/ the following information. Yes, we had previously done Beta testing on a new, special battery, designed exclusively and specifically for use with the MFLB. It is a LSD/HSD hybred cell, having more power and good retention, with some custom/secret internal features which I cannot talk about. A number of these were sent earlier this year to select members of this forum for testing (we love you FC!), with excellent results. As a result, our custom battery manufacturing integration is moving forward, even though efforts like that (special adjustments to the internal chemistry) generally take years to develop and implement, not to mention exceptional up-front costs.

We expect that the development of improved batteries, and energy storage technology in general, will always be an area of intensive ongoing research -- not just by ourselves, but by a rather large number of companies. To some extent, these are incremental, though important improvements. As such, all that I can really do is beg for your patience as we continue with the effort to bring you the best and best performing products and tools possible. Though it can be a lot of fun to do this sort of work, _Real_Art_takes_time_, and can be very expensive to do right.

Given both the excellent test results with the custom MF cells and the ongoing requests of the connoisseurs on this forum both for alternative woods and better batteries, we have started shipping the new custom cells with the premium Walnut and Cherry wood kits. If you purchase a premium wood kit direct from us, you will get the new batteries.

Unfortunately, at the moment, the premium kits are the only reliable way to get these cells, as we simply do not have very many of them ourselves. Integrating and deploying new manufacturing and cell build processes is *not* easy or fast! It is our hope that we will be able to begin to phase in retail sales of these new cells over the next few months. Once that is done, it is our expectation that we will have completed the general roll-out of the new cells, for all kits shipped, by next summer. In the meantime, for everyone's benefit, my /request/ is that any public discussion of the new MF batteries be limited to the FC forum, if at all possible, until we get a little further along in our efforts.

There are a lot of exciting developments coming -- things we have been working on for the last two years to prepare. All I can suggest in the interim is "watch this space"!

-- Magic-Flight

magicflight

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
i ... got the box one and a half years ago. at that time, the box couldn't be bought in my country. the nearest distributor was sitting in the UK. the UK guys definitely meant it well, when they exchanged the original us-charger for the British one (though not of great use for me) along with different batteries. that move of good will from their part costed me time to realize the true potential of this little wonder. it took me a while to finally figure out the importance of the right batteries and a good charger....

Hi,

I actually know of the incident your mentioning. One of our UK distributors asked to purchase the kits without the chargers, since at that time, we did not have the appropriate plug adapter to ship with the kit, even though the chargers themselves would work just fine. Unfortunately, the charger they selected for the UK also came bundled with batteries, and those tag-along batteries, as you note, were not up to the required standard -- very few are. Unfortunately, this caused a lot of people problems, and poor first impressions with the Box. It took us some months to get it corrected.

We cannot stress enough how important it is to get high quality batteries, and to not believe the packaging hype that most resellers put on the labels! Far too often, we find that less reliable "resellers" will attempt to reduce the overall cost of "batteries for the MFLB" by any means possible -- including bundling cheap (nearly unusable) batteries rather than our own verified and validated cells. A "great deal" on Ebay or Amazon for may not actually be so worthwhile if the battery you get is unusable, does not fit properly, has poor or intermittent performance, cannot hold a charge, etc. The only way you can be _absolutely_certain_ of getting a battery known to be good for the Box is to buy it from us direct via our website.

Also, it is important for people to understand that even very good batteries do not last forever. Personally, I would recommend getting a new set every 4 to 6 months -- you will be very glad you did so! Depending on your usage and battery care patterns, the difference in performance when getting a fresh set can be very noticeable.

-- Magic-Flight

HSIHP

So I just picked up my new (and free!!!) WPW from my mail box and I have to say this thing is pretty cool. I haven't had a chance to actually use it yet but it fits my small chugger of a water pipe just fine.

On a side note, the end that is meant to fit into the hole on my box (thats what she said?) fits PERFECTLY into the end of my stock Solo stems. the whip is also long enough for me to be able to just leave my solo on the arm of the couch and hold my little water pipe while leaning back making for (what I am sure will be) very comfortable and successful sessions. Thanks again Magic Flight, I think you guys should have more of these contests! ;)

HSIHP,

magicflight

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
is it better to let the batteries dry out or charge them after each session?

It is best to use them "mostly", but not completely. In other words, it is ideal to run them for two complete sessions (with some time between sessions, if you can -- if your technique is good), before recharging. Running them completely to absolutely empty is probably not really good, and returning them directly to the charger with only minimal discharge can risk overcharging the battery.

-- Magic-flight

magicflight,

vii

does anyone else have one of theses premium kits? or I'm i the first one on here with one?I was right about the batteries.I wonder if I'm right about the change in the screen. I find before with my old box,if i had sticky herb it would stick to the screen and you would have to move it psychically.with my new walnut box i find nothing sticking to the screen. I've combusted a few times by accident using the new batteries and the herb didn't stick or leave a stain or mark on the screen . If this was my box it would have stuck and left a stain.its seem like there some kind of Teflon coating on it?anyone else notice this or is this some beta thing were not suppose to talk about.If anyone seen the new walnut unit,you will notice the screen is a gold color.or is this just in my head and i've been lucky with my box so far.:)

ehakim

I was wondering if anyone knew what comes in the package when you do a warranty claim, are they sending me just a replacement lauchbox or a whole new tin?
Thanks in advance!

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Did we ever figure out what the silicone lubricant is used for? :shrug: I got a packet of that silicone dielectric compound with my new wpa/whip.

:peace:

beefsupreme

Did we ever figure out what the silicone lubricant is used for? :shrug: I got a packet of that silicone dielectric compound with my new wpa/whip.
:peace:
I was reading this on their site today.
Use of this gel prevents the glass end of the WPW from sticking inside the glass downstem of your water pipe, and will insure a longer life for the product.

The WPW looks great, I'm ordering one. I'm glad to hear the news about the batteries and hope to order those someday, or gift myself the lovely walnut box. Hmm, it is almost christmas.. :)

hoptimum

So I just picked up my new (and free!!!) WPW from my mail box and I have to say this thing is pretty cool. I haven't had a chance to actually use it yet but it fits my small chugger of a water pipe just fine.

On a side note, the end that is meant to fit into the hole on my box (thats what she said?) fits PERFECTLY into the end of my stock Solo stems. the whip is also long enough for me to be able to just leave my solo on the arm of the couch and hold my little water pipe while leaning back making for (what I am sure will be) very comfortable and successful sessions. Thanks again Magic Flight, I think you guys should have more of these contests! ;)
I got mine today too and gave it a little test drive. It's a cool addition to a very well thought out device. Thank you MFL, you guys are setting a new standard for customer service.

Just to follow up on HSIHP, the WPW whip fits perfectly in the mouthpiece of the solo stem. Combined with the nice 14mm GonG connector and a flexible whip, I think its an ideal way to hook the solo up to a bong.

hoptimum,
Reactions: Vicki

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
I haven't received my WPW yet, but I've been tracking it, and it's still in transit. I look forward to more reports from people that received theirs! :)

hoptimum

I haven't received my WPW yet, but I've been tracking it, and it's still in transit. I look forward to more reports from people that received theirs! :)
I like it, though its a bit of a juggling act to hold the battery in with one hand while clearing the bong with the other by taking out the wpa, but i 'm sure i'll get the hang of it

hoptimum,
Reactions: Vicki

Quetzalcoatl

Haha I was about to come and ask why I got A SECOND dielectric in my bag! I knew it wasn't a mistake the first time when I got the OG WPA.

Quetzalcoatl,

axakal

yes, their batteries really sucked. they didn't fit properly and were pretty weak. actually i didn't really understand the move. since when i got my vapolution some time before it also had a us-plug, i just bought a plug adapter for 2euros and this was it. with the mflb i got from them, i had practically to throw away the charger and the batteries and to get completely new ones. i wish, they would have told me before, that the kit they are selling differs from the original mflb kit, since it caused me additional costs. also, the tin was missing, what kind of lets me envy my friends to whom i recommended the box and who got the complete package. :)

Hi,

I actually know of the incident your mentioning. One of our UK distributors asked to purchase the kits without the chargers, since at that time, we did not have the appropriate plug adapter to ship with the kit, even though the chargers themselves would work just fine. Unfortunately, the charger they selected for the UK also came bundled with batteries, and those tag-along batteries, as you note, were not up to the required standard -- very few are. Unfortunately, this caused a lot of people problems, and poor first impressions with the Box. It took us some months to get it corrected.

-- Magic-Flight

a glass vial has a little disadvantage, glass breaks easily, especially when you're around clumsy people or have cats at home :) there are aluminium containers, of course, but there is just something i like more about wood. especially, when the claims of the microclimatic benefits of a wooden stashbox made by the manufacturers of the 00 pocket box are true( they won awards at the spannabis, if that matters). why not use the 00 pocket box on the go? well, its opening is unnecessary big for filling the lb in windy conditions, which leads to loss of herbs. i know, a flat wooden stashbox espicifically designed for beeing used with the lb is not high on a priority list, but it's a nice to have. :)

axakal,

Quetzalcoatl

a glass vial has a little disadvantage, glass breaks easily, especially when you're around clumsy people or have cats at home :) there are aluminium containers, of course, but there is just something i like more about wood. especially, when the claims of the microclimatic benefits of a wooden stashbox made by the manufacturers of the 00 pocket box are true( they won awards at the spannabis, if that matters). why not use the 00 pocket box on the go? well, its opening is unnecessary big for filling the lb in windy conditions, which leads to loss of herbs. i know, a flat wooden stashbox espicifically designed for beeing used with the lb is not high on a priority list, but it's a nice to have. :)
The one I have is small and sufficiently thick to resist some drops. A high-pitched dink and it rolls around. It's survived a few lap-drops with no scratching onto pavement/asphalt.

I definitely agree with you, though, the Launch Box has something few other vaporizers have going on with the wood. It feels "organic" and right to use. It's only natural that you'd get used to this and want to transfer it to all things related. I've also heard good things about tobaccos being stored in wooden containers being more flavorful/appealing, but I'm not sure how much merit it holds. The Pocket Box looks interesting, basically a pocket-sized kief box. Seems like a nice addition for the occasional "extra blast."

Quetzalcoatl,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
^^^
interesting...I was going to use my chronisseur grinder grease for that. I wonder how different the products are.

stickstones,
Top Bottom