1. If the Herbalizer was a fortune cookie what would it say? Tell us and win it!
  2. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.

The Magic-Flight Box

Discussion in 'Portable Vaporizers' started by magicflight, May 16, 2009.

1. BigDaddyVapor

BigDaddyVapor @BigDogJunction

They released the batteries... finally!

That's how I pull off those cool milk shots with batteries.
    Vicki and OF like this.
  2. pakalolo

pakalolo RoboMod v3.17 (ticking) Staff Member

I gave one of my beta test batteries to a friend, and he actually doesn't like it because it's too powerful. He likes a slower experience.

When I finished my tests I originally thought MF had pulled off a miracle because I was sure they were LSD batteries. I did a refresh and analyze with my C-9000 and they seemed to be 2400 mAH batteries. Also, MF in the past chose to ship LSD batteries because they have an excellent shelf life. Then I tested an Imedion 2400, a Powerex 2700, and the MF battery by charging them up completely and then letting them sit for two weeks. The MF battery lost much more charge than the Powerex, 445 mAH to 122, so now I believe they are HSD.

One thing I did was compare the brightness of my light with a fully charged Powerex 2700 and a fully charged MF battery. The MF battery was noticeably brighter. It clearly delivers more power to the screen. The overall hit count was almost identical with both batteries, but the ABV from the MF battery came out much darker. The extra power is also reflected in the fact that I was finishing trenches in about 15 hits compared to 20 with the 2700.
    ShipDit likes this.
  3. Quetzalcoatl

Quetzalcoatl 200% THC

Whip is out for delivery!
  4. HighlyEducatedScholar

HighlyEducatedScholar Student of Vapor

I was also one of the beta testers for the next batteries. i definitely liked them. stronger than the old stock ones. i got similar results as you Quet, 2.5-3 trenches worth per battery.

like paka, i really thought they were LSDs as well but just really strong. however, i noticed that they definitely lost the charge quicker than the older stock batts. to me their kinda like a half-way between an LSD and HSD battery but leaning a bit more towards the HSD.

all in all i think the new batteries are still an improvement and will allow new users to pick up the technique more easily while allowing more seasoned users to pull off bigger clouds with ease.

edit: in regards to light brightness using the new batteries, i found in comparison to my PA, a freshly charged new battery is equal to ~80% on my PA.
  5. ShipDit

ShipDit 1%

And a good post at that! Thanx for the info about the batteries too. I've been looking for a reason to get one of those walnut versions....gotta have a spare right?
    Welcome to the club,I think you'll like it here!
  6. vii

vii Active Member

thanks!!
    i have learn so much from this forum and that it was time for me add something.i find ,with new batteries you have to take shorter hit or shake it during the hit to prevent burning the load.yeah the batteries are that strong.i was going to get the cherry one because i think it would taste better but i could resit the look of the walnut. its quite beautiful.
    ShipDit likes this.
  7. kingofnull

kingofnull ace

Yeah the beta batteries were pretty good. I don't know if I got three trenches, but I definitely got a good two. Mine still fit really tightly so much so that I sometimes nearly combust because they stick and I neglected to twist.
    ShipDit likes this.
  8. Stu

Stu Maconheiro Staff Member

I asked MF about this, and they told me that it was somewhere between LSD and HSD. I didn't even know that was possible.

I liked them much more than the old stock bats, too.

:peace:
    ShipDit likes this.
  9. CHIDOY

CHIDOY Well-Known Member

I wonder if the ones they show on the site are the "new" batteries? The ones pictured dont look to have a logo on them. Interesting nonetheless. mflb ftw!!
    ShipDit likes this.
  10. Vicki

Vicki Herbal Alchemist

I also beta tested those batteries, and they are awesome! I guess we are allowed to talk about it now? I hope so! :uhoh:
    ShipDit likes this.
  11. kingofnull

kingofnull ace

I think they are up for sale now.
    Vicki likes this.
  12. OF

OF Well-Known Member

Not having received a release/permission I'm making no such guesses.

OF
    Vicki likes this.
  13. ShipDit

ShipDit 1%

"Oh what a wicked web we weave,when first we practice to deceive...." ;)
  14. BigDaddyVapor

BigDaddyVapor @BigDogJunction

What batteries?
  15. pakalolo

pakalolo RoboMod v3.17 (ticking) Staff Member

I'll never get a release because I didn't sign an NDA. I was asked not to talk about them during the beta but there was no legal obligation for me not to, and there still isn't. My obligation to them was strictly moral. Since the batteries are shipping, I don't feel bound to keep silent. Magic-Flight might feel differently and if they do, I regret our difference but I never agreed to anything, I just got a request.

I assumed that Magic-Flight would want to see discussion of the new batteries now that they are rolling them out. I could be wrong. If they ask me to stop, I will.
  16. Stu

Stu Maconheiro Staff Member

I guess we don't even know if the new batteries are the same ones we were beta testing. For that matter, we don't even know if we all tested the same ones. My bet is that they are, but that is merely my assumtion until Magic Flight addresses the new batts.

:peace:
    OF and Vicki like this.
  17. Vicki

Vicki Herbal Alchemist

How do we know for sure? I suppose asking Magic Flight would be the only way. They only have one kind of battery to buy now too.
  18. Quetzalcoatl

Quetzalcoatl 200% THC

Hello, yes I was able to remove the glass piece from the wood piece, and was then able to fully remove the whip. The end where it goes into the glass has an even smaller stem! Smaller than the shorty ones from the whip.
    ShipDit and OF like this.
  19. Nycdeisel

Nycdeisel Well-Known Member

I couldnt agree more! The WPW, though mine has not arrived yet, seems like a major improvement over the original MF WPA! I cant wait for mine.

We are truly blessed as vaporists :)

OF and ShipDit like this.
  20. OF

OF Well-Known Member

Yep. Personal call. "Strictly moral" is all I need, no reflection on others, of course. No doubt a reasonable assumption, but I'm not making assumptions any more than guesses, no need to?

Good point. That would be another way to know, but I didn't ask, so......

The other part is also interesting to me, did they ever have more than one type? I slept through that part I guess. Seems to happen more and more often.

No big deal I'm sure, personal call.

OF
    ShipDit and Vicki like this.
  21. Vicki

Vicki Herbal Alchemist

If Magic Flight starts selling the beta batteries that we tested, and there is only one battery available for sale on their site, how would we ever know they started selling the beta batteries? I mean, logic suggests they would just stop sending out the old batts, and start sending out the beta batts (at this point out of beta). But, unless they made some kind of announcement, no one would ever know, it would just happen.

I need to buy another set of batteries, and a few caps, but would like to know for sure before I place my order. So, I may wait until after the holidays. I'm not sure if they ever sold more than one type of battery at a time on their website.
    ShipDit and OF like this.
  22. OF

OF Well-Known Member

Yep, their call, for sure. Beta testing is usually not about finding out how good something is, but really the other way. Find the problems. Say for instance finding an accidental deep discharge (or just 'one too many hits') is fatal? After that capacity and heat (or lifespan) drops off? One guy finding this could quietly end the program.

If, OTOH, these guys are as good as you good folks are saying and MF is offering them for sale, I'll be looking to buy some to upgrade my supply......without waiting for them to give out. And I've got more than one box to support....

OF
    ShipDit and Vicki like this.
  23. skippy

skippy Well-Known Member

These new batteries sound excellent I hope they have them here in OZ.
  24. CHIDOY

CHIDOY Well-Known Member

So its been almost a year to the day that I received my LB and a whole year on this board that has helped me enjoy my LB even more! I love my box! It gets used daily and I've been using the PA and Vapor Lung combo for quite a while now.

I've even gotten 2 of my buddies to purchase their own MFLB. It's my one year anniversary and i wanted to say i love FC and my MFLB! :razz:
    Buildozer, axakal, OF and 2 others like this.
  25. ShipDit

ShipDit 1%

Happy anniversary!
    Been a fun year huh? No matter where this goofy Vape-world takes me,I will ALWAYS have a MFLB in my pocket as a back up.
    I've been using one as my only Vape for the last 6-7 months and it's never let me down. Always nice to know that with the MFLB I'm never more than 10 seconds away from a good buzz.
    vii likes this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors