• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

happyTrails

phishpanicjam
a glass vial has a little disadvantage, glass breaks easily, especially when you're around clumsy people or have cats at home :) there are aluminium containers, of course, but there is just something i like more about wood. especially, when the claims of the microclimatic benefits of a wooden stashbox made by the manufacturers of the 00 pocket box are true( they won awards at the spannabis, if that matters). why not use the 00 pocket box on the go? well, its opening is unnecessary big for filling the lb in windy conditions, which leads to loss of herbs. i know, a flat wooden stashbox espicifically designed for beeing used with the lb is not high on a priority list, but it's a nice to have. :)

Though it is not an original idea, I love using a contact lens case. One side has fresh, one side has ABV. Cheap, easy to find, very small form factor, never leaks, and it pours out perfectly as the diameter of the box is slightly bigger than the diameter of these cases. I grind a bunch up fine, load that in a Tic-Tac case, and tap it into the contact lens case for 3-4 loads on the go. You can fit that case, a couple of batteries, the brush, and the box in that black bag that comes with it. All you need in your pocket with no wasted space!

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
Came yesterday, wasn't able to pick up though. Mail lady dropped it off for me.

20121211_120514.jpg

20121211_121922.jpg

More later.

Nycdeisel

SO I got my WPW, and let me just say its a huge improvement, as I imagined, over the first MF WPA. Just after trying this new setup out a little bit, it functions very well, its neat, still tastes good, and I like how I can disassemble it almost completely, though it would be some work for me to pull the tubing covered stem piece from inside the GonG joint, its not impossible haha but i can clean it fine without taking it apart.

I have no use for this lubricant, anybody want mine? LOL

Finally, Thanks Magic Flight!

Buildozer

Baked & Fried
new batteries!! i gotta keep a look out for a couple of these... i knew i made a good investment w/ my MFLB's... things just get better and better, from upgrades to accessories... its exciting knowing there's always things in the works to improve performance and the overall experience... i cant wait to see the concentrates solution... also to see if there are any other plans for that o ring on top of the trench... MF aint even close to done yet.. rite on..
I think i would like those stronger batteries a lot.. even though i do like less power a lot of the time...
- I did have a question about the PA... i was wondering if anyone out there has theirs plugged in all the time, i usually try to unplug when not in use but it gets kind of annoying ha.. the outlet is in a weird spot.. is it best to unplug it wen not in use or is it not a big deal to leave it plugged in all the time...

nopartofme

Over the falls, in a barrel
Has anybody else experimented with vaping a trench quicker using careful taps on the bottom of the Box to "toss" the flowers, a bit like a salad, or food in a frying pan? I hold the box from it's back end and push in the battery with my left hand, and I tap the front-bottom of the box with my right. I've been having pretty good success it seems, call me vaped… I can usually clear a decent sized trench in one medium length hit if I do it right. I'm using the 3-foot MF whip, but with people getting their WPW's I figure it could prove useful to many…

A little more info. When I first tried doing this, I noticed that a lot more vapor quickly appeared in the chamber. This wasn't was I'd expected, as I'd thought there'd be trouble keeping enough material at vaping temperatures when it's being tossed in the air.

To me this means that the material that is making contact with the screen is hitting a higher temperature. To compensate I draw just a little more quickly (at a more comfortable rate, really, since my lungs are on the larger side and the traditional MFLB draw is so slow)

The result, I think, is the herb getting cooked not only at a slightly higher temperature but also more evenly because I'm bouncing the herbs around. I don't have any glass so I can't test, but I imagine one could milk up a chamber nicely by doing this.

nopartofme,
Reactions: Vicki

Buildozer

Baked & Fried
Has anybody else experimented with vaping a trench quicker using careful taps on the bottom of the Box to "toss" the flowers, a bit like a salad, or food in a frying pan?....

I toss/tap to keep the screen clear during a trench, i try to keep it to a min. cuz it seems to make more of a mess in the trench w/ a fine dust that seems to char much faster than the rest of the load.. Now n then i try to kill a trench in few hits to switch things up... but through water (or not), i usually take the temp from low to high and i get ~10 tasty lung fulls from a full trench(i think, it gets hard to keep track ha)... i milk somewhat thick, rip faster to cool/slower to milk, pulsing the battery (PA~60% through water) as needed.. i usually mix between hits... i use a much smaller water filter now, i used to use a big glass bong but i found it not necessary for me and it was easier to combust w/, so i rigged up a much smaller air-travel piece w/ a much skinnier down stem and i like it better...
343rk1g.jpg
1qjt6f.jpg
adkj6a.jpg

since i used a pen tube for the down stem, i ditched the whip setup i had and covered the glass mouth stem w/ silicone tubing and let it hang over about 1/4" and it fits up perfectly to the pen cone easily... i didn't plan on it but this janky bubbler replaced my glass bong ha.. its just more practical for me...

Buildozer,
Reactions: ShipDit

hoptimum

I toss/tap to keep the screen clear during a trench, i try to keep it to a min. cuz it seems to make more of a mess in the trench w/ a fine dust that seems to char much faster than the rest of the load.. Now n then i try to kill a trench in few hits to switch things up... but through water (or not), i usually take the temp from low to high and i get ~10 tasty lung fulls from a full trench(i think, it gets hard to keep track ha)... i milk somewhat thick, rip faster to cool/slower to milk, pulsing the battery (PA~60% through water) as needed.. i usually mix between hits... i use a much smaller water filter now, i used to use a big glass bong but i found it not necessary for me and it was easier to combust w/, so i rigged up a much smaller air-travel piece w/ a much skinnier down stem and i like it better...
343rk1g.jpg
1qjt6f.jpg
adkj6a.jpg

since i used a pen tube for the down stem, i ditched the whip setup i had and covered the glass mouth stem w/ silicone tubing and let it hang over about 1/4" and it fits up perfectly to the pen cone easily... i didn't plan on it but this janky bubbler replaced my glass bong ha.. its just more practical for me...
how much do you guys load in your trench? I'm still fiddling with technique, but I find that less is more with the MFLB and it seems to like a very fine grind. Also, I hit native most of the time. Would you recommend using the stem? if so, which one works best.
Sorry if I'm asking some old questions, but this is a good and useful discussion by advanced users.

hoptimum,
Reactions: Buildozer

nealcassidy

how much do you guys load in your trench? I'm still fiddling with technique, but I find that less is more with the MFLB and it seems to like a very fine grind. Also, I hit native most of the time. Would you recommend using the stem? if so, which one works best.
Sorry if I'm asking some old questions, but this is a good and useful discussion by advanced users.
"Less is More" definitely works for me because it allows me to switch between strains easily. I'm quite low-tolerance because I only vape 3 or 4 times per week, so a very small load at the bottom of the trench is enough to get me very happy :nod:.

Then if I want to have a little Sativa during the day, but then switch to an Indica at night, I don't have to keep switching what is in the trench. One or two hits from any small trench, then it goes into my ABV container and I then have an empty trench - sometimes even just put a bit of herbal blend from Blissville if I don't really want to get vaked.

nealcassidy,

Buildozer

Baked & Fried
Iv'e only had my box for just over a couple months now... I prefer the stem mainly because i eat a lot of greasy food haha and i'm just used to it now.. i hit native sometimes too ha.. i used to always prefer a lighter load(~1/3 trench) but lately iv'e been filling it up to the top every time w/ good results(cant even finish it sometimes)... seems to vape up more dense and heat up slower and more even somehow??, also it seems to keep me from over browning, not sure though but it seems to be less work and its been working best for me... i like to dry out before i grind.. i have to grind and then repack the grinder w/ the grind and regrind to get it as fine as i like..my grinder isn't the best ha but it works for me... in fact its the only grinder iv'e ever owned and iv'e had it for ever... some acrylic pyramid tooth grinder.ha...

NotPotRelated

MFLB Pro

The stem is really no different from native. Native may be harder to figure out for beginners first figuring out technique. I like native more because it is easier to control the temperature of the vapor.

NotPotRelated,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
The stem is really no different from native. Native may be harder to figure out for beginners first figuring out technique. I like native more because it is easier to control the temperature of the vapor.

I can't agree that there's no difference. Neither can you ;) because you go on to describe an important difference.

Other differences: the stem concentrates the vapour stream and focuses it, so if you aren't careful you can get hot spots and even sores inside your mouth. On the positive side, when you use a stem you can see the trench and watch the vapour form. You can also see the vapour traveling through a glass or acrylic stem. These are helpful differences if you are learning the LB.

NotPotRelated

MFLB Pro
I can't agree that there's no difference. Neither can you ;) because you go on to describe an important difference.

Other differences: the stem concentrates the vapour stream and focuses it, so if you aren't careful you can get hot spots and even sores inside your mouth. On the positive side, when you use a stem you can see the trench and watch the vapour form. You can also see the vapour traveling through a glass or acrylic stem. These are helpful differences if you are learning the LB.

sorry, too medicated

NotPotRelated,

Spliff

Nothing clever to say......
Do I read "oil/concentrate adapter" here? :rolleyes: That would be so nice! :bowdown:

I've been successful in loading a small amount of wax, waiting for the first signs of it melting, then tilting the box to have the now liquid spread evenly over the screen. Few hits later the flavor is gone, clean the screen with a qtip while the box is warm.
Little to no run through.

Anyone else do it this way?

Spliff,

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
I preferred native, when I first got my box, as I could feel the temps easier. Rarely go native now... Might use a short stem, but its either a stem or connected to a water piece.

BigDaddyVapor,

Buildozer

Baked & Fried
I've been successful in loading a small amount of wax, waiting for the first signs of it melting, then tilting the box to have the now liquid spread evenly over the screen. Few hits later the flavor is gone, clean the screen with a qtip while the box is warm.
Little to no run through.
Anyone else do it this way?
im not brave enough to try that :uhoh:... cant argue w/ results tho:tup: .. How clean does it stay by cleaning it right away? i like to use a rolling paper to protect the screen when i do it...

Buildozer,

Spliff

Nothing clever to say......
im not brave enough to try that :uhoh:... cant argue w/ results tho:tup: .. How clean does it stay by cleaning it right away? i like to use a rolling paper to protect the screen when i do it...

So I vape away until I get that reclaim taste, then "unload" as it were by opening the window, push in battery, quickly swab screen focusing on visible oil or spots where vapor is still coming off the screen. Qtips work great, the oil is very much liquid and readily absorbed.

Other times I just keep going, flavor may be gone but if you got an even enough spread the screen is auctally enough to hold .1-.15 without any run through. (Most I have run through at one time is .15)

Depending on your taste/habit you can peel off the cotton from swabbing and give it another go in whatever vape can accommodate the cotton method.

I feel it worth mentioning that my oils/waxes melt to straight liquid, so I don't have to worry about contaminants clogging my screen, which is where I feel most people who try this run into issues.

Would you like pictures? To get an idea of what may happen to your MFLB using this method?

Spliff,
Reactions: ShipDit
Top Bottom