The Lotus Vaporizer

David and Michael

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
AGBeer said:
Will the existing flower work with the slide/bowl on the glass piece? Or will this be its own combo?

The standard vapor cap will fit on the original Lotus and the WP adapter.
We will be selling
vapor cap & pipe stem (kit),
vapor cap & WP adapter (kit)
vapor cap with pipe stem & WP adapter (kit)
pipe stem separately
WP adapter separately

The WP adapter is not in stock yet but should be in a week or two. It will be about $25.
We are almost out of stock of the original Lotus but should be restocked in February.
The Vaporstore is still stocked though.

David and Michael,

pinoy

PACQUIAO!!!
[removed]

Modnote: Please review the forum rules.

No selling or soliciting items on the forum.

pinoy,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
Okay, it just came in today :brow: and I think Im already digging this pipe.

I was kind of surprised at how tiny the bowl was (trust me - its a good thing). Ive owned (and loved) several VGs in the past and I would say this bowl is about 1/2 to 1/3 smaller than the VG. The cap sits nice and snug over the bowl and is held there with tiny little magnets. (This was one of my ?s/concerns about this vape before I got it - definitely a non issue) The little scoop that comes with the pipe is incredibly simple but is rapidly becoming one of those things I almost depend on (similar to when I never used a grinder - now its a necessity) That and the fact that my sausages for fingers end up dropping quite a few crumbs when I load the old fashioned way. I havent made the comparison yet, but I would guess that the scoop is on par with the pack size of a stem from my MZ (maybe 2 scoops would = a stem but I havent had a chance to sit down and compare yet) Just believe the hype when its stated that chances are you will be packing less than you would with a MFLB. (1.5 - 2 scoops is adequate btw)

The hitting technique/learning curve appears to be MUCH easier than it was for my VG. I think I will have a bit more confidence in letting others try this vape as it took a rather concerted effort (on my part) to actually combust with this vape. Dont get me wrong - you CAN combust with this pipe but it definitely takes a little more effort to do that. :) But the hits were very rich and flavorful once you get the technique down.

All in all, I am VERY pleased with this latest addition to my collection (and now my main portable) the pipe is very solidly constructed, comes with plenty of literature and information, not to mention the customer service (thus far) has been top notch. When I initially placed my order, I opted for the short shafted version. Not even 5 minutes later, :o customer service was emailing me asking if I wanted a refund or the longer shafted version as they were sold out of the shortys. They were always prompt and polite when I had other arbitrary questions for them and went out of their way to make sure I was satisfied with their product. Chances are Ill be posting more as I get further acquainted with this vape.

And for those who have an issue with the price - Look at the big picture of what you are getting here.
-MADE IN THE USA. This right here should speak volumes within itself.
-Innovation and creativity.
The fact that I dont have to deal with lining up threads and screwing the top of my vape on anymore is one of those things you cant appreciate until you experience (imo) a better way.
Being more confident in the fact that Im not sucking up flint dust and/or butane when Im hitting is a big plus.
The little scoop is so simple yet ingenious you almost think 'Why wasnt I doing this before?'
-Its pretty darned solid (and easier to clean) The body is made of aluminum and wont break if I drop it. This also makes cleaning (and reclaiming) easier.

That and the fact that its more of a 'package deal' for the money. You actually get a pretty decent little torch with this vape, AND a little zip up carrying pouch for it as well. (As opposed to an inadequate heat source and a sock as your bag) Only a couple of hits in, and more to perfect/learn on this vape - Id say that the price was well worth what I paid for it.

lwien

Great review, AG. Let us know you're further thoughts on this puppy. I may just have to get one.

Does it taste as good as your Zap? Reason I'm asking is that one of the very first things I noticed when I went from my VG to the PD is how much better the bud tasted going through the PD. The second thing was the efficiency.

lwien,

Nycdeisel

cool review, AGBeer! Im glad to hear that you are enjoying it, I agree for what you get its not a bad deal, just seems a bit high at first glance compared to some other portables out there. I also like that it has less of a learning curve then the VG, because thats one thing I never liked about the VG- it was too easy to fuck up.

After hearing all those good things about it, I want to know what YOU think of the taste? How is the taste compared to that of the VG and other vapes you have used? Taste is a HUGE factor for me.

Nycdeisel,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
Nice review, AGB!

I felt the same way after using a Lotus for the first time and 3 months later it still gets a big thumbs up.

AGBeer said:
-Its pretty darned solid (and easier to clean) The body is made of aluminum and wont break if I drop it. This also makes cleaning (and reclaiming) easier.
Yes, the durability really is a nice thing. I remember the first time mine was dropped, onto asphalt, the instinctive oh-no-not-the-vape panic kicked in but there wasn't even a scratch. The ease of cleaning is great too. A smart portable all around.

I'm looking forward to more on the water adapter, nice job on getting it out so quickly.

vtac,

stinkmeaner

AGBeer said:
Being more confident in the fact that Im not sucking up flint dust and/or butane when Im hitting is a big plus.

I think that is the best advantage of all, that and that fact that you won't breathing in soot from the Bic lighters that I see people using all the time. The VG covers that real well with the dark colored ceramic filter, but if it were a lighter color then people would be able to see the residue that is left behind.

Great review.

stinkmeaner,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
Well, I finally got a chance to sit down for a sec with the Lotus and see how it 'compared' (for lack of a better word) to the Zap. For starters, I take back the comment about 1.5 - 2 scoops to fill the bowl. :p ONE scoop is more than adequate (I found that anything over tends to combust a little easier)
For a point of efficiency reference, a scoop (psuedo leveled) basically equates to 1 comfortably hitting stem. :)

As far as taste goes - man... Close, but as log vape owners I think that the majority of us would agree that the 'sweet spot' is pretty much nailed (consistently) with a properly broken in log. The Lotus definitely has the potential to hit that sweet spot consistently, but I think that it may come down to technique (and a little bit of practice) I would say that on the taste scale if my Zap was a 10, then the Lotus definitely ranks at a solid 8.75+. :D

If I had to make one thing (that I hope passes) is the 'finish aroma' - Im talking about the finish of the top (they come in black, natural and turquoise) its either the paint or the finish that has that distinct (faint) odor/taste. If im not mistaken, this seemed to be common amongst all of my VGs at first and (maybe) my Zap as well. But currently it is vaguely noticeable. Not unpleasant, but noticeable. :)

-Edit
Just an FYI, if you're a stir head then you will really appreciate this design. This top slides on and off very nicely and makes for ease of stirring/looking to see between hits. (If you tend to be vapeOCD like me sometimes...) :D

AGBeer,

lwien

AGBeer said:
If I had to make one thing (that I hope passes) is the 'finish aroma' - Im talking about the finish of the top (they come in black, natural and turquoise) its either the paint or the finish that has that distinct (faint) odor/taste. If im not mistaken, this seemed to be common amongst all of my VGs at first and (maybe) my Zap as well. But currently it is vaguely noticeable. Not unpleasant, but noticeable. :)

Great follow up, AG.

Max (Jitter), you're thoughts on this?

AG, do you feel that you could get as many hits from one Lotus bowl as you do from one MZ stem?

lwien,

lwien

AGBeer said:

Great follow up, AG.

Max (Jitter), you're thoughts on this in regards to the smell?

AG, do you feel that you could get as many hits from one Lotus bowl as you do from one MZ stem?

lwien,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
As far as the smell, I think that it is starting to fade/become a non issue. Maybe there is some sort of break in that can be done to help alleviate this?

And as far as hit comparisons... Hmmmm, I may have to make a couple more runs with this thing to compare more but I would say that it could go either way depending on your hitting style. (I really hate to be so ambiguous here) I would say that YES it is possible to get as many hits from the Lotus, but the challenge comes when trying to get those consistently flavorful hits that you get from a log vape.
On the same token, you can actually get more out of the Lotus as you can take the temperature higher (but at the risk of combusting) Thats one of the things that are so attractive about (both) vapes - My Zap more than does the trick and is almost ALWAYS deliciously enjoyable, however this is more of a sit down and enjoy it vape. The Lotus boasts similar 'take your time and enjoy it' features (with practice) but can also do the 0-60 in short order as well.

I would say that if you are a closet 'lighter based portable' vape fan, then chances are you will enjoy this vape. It combines so many of the cool features that other vapes are known for, with its own personality (and quirks)

David and Michael

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
AGBeer said:
That's good information and something that can be corrected. The previous batch of vapor caps were made in the summer. It's easy to get rid of the paint smell when its 105 in the shade and the caps are sitting in the sun.
We'll add a bake cycle to the painting process in the future.

Earths Essence

If anyone using the Lotus is having trouble, here is a great tip that will make your Lotus more efficient than the PD.

When lighting, begin to inhale immediately, wile lighting the torch at a higher distance away from the bowl. Make sure the red spot is barely visible, if at all. THAT is the perfect temp, the instructional video is not that accurate, in my opinion.

I also want to say I had literally half a stem in the Lotus, and with this technque, got 3 quality vapor inhales

Earths Essence,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
Agreed that this vape can use very little - once again for those following along at home. The included scoop ~ 1 stem. :D (And 1/2 - 1 scoop appears to be the magic # for this vape)

With that said, this vape seems to 'finish' your load in fewer hits than your log would. I attribute this to the variances in temp/draw speed of the pipe and the fact that you can reach higher temps than you normally would with yout loggy log.

Has anyone used the Lotus AND the Vapman? I'm curious which one delivers better vapor given their similar design - I'm considering purchasing either a used vapman on forum or a new lotus for just a bit more - Ideas?

It's going to be the hike or long walk vape, with vapobowl+bong at home and the mflb being the stealthy vape.

charliedontsurf,

Earths Essence

charliedontsurf said:
Has anyone used the Lotus AND the Vapman? I'm curious which one delivers better vapor given their similar design - I'm considering purchasing either a used vapman on forum or a new lotus for just a bit more - Ideas?

It's going to be the hike or long walk vape, with vapobowl+bong at home and the mflb being the stealthy vape.

Emailed you

Earths Essence,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
I'm glad I found this thread before I ordered a LB. I think I'd prefer the need for butane over a need for batteries on the go, and I find it a great plus that it's possible to clean this one out completely for the safe crossing of borders and such :)

Thanks for the reviews and input everyone!

Can someone confirm if stocks have been replenished and if the pay-pall issue for non-American buyers has been resolved?

OhTheAgony,

David and Michael

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
OhTheAgony said:
I find it a great plus that it's possible to clean this one out completely for the safe crossing of borders and such :)
Can someone confirm if stocks have been replenished and if the pay-pall issue for non-American buyers has been resolved?

As a heads-up, there are crevices in the vapor cap that can collect material over time and are very hard to reach. This won't effect the use of the Lotus but may effect border crossings, though we don't condone the use of any illegal substances in the Lotus.
Stocks are thin right now and will not be replenished at Mendocino Therapeutics until February. Vaporstore.com should still have a good supply of Lotus vaporizers now.
Paypal issues on the Mendocino Therapeutics website have been resolved for international buyers.

Just purchased a short-stem, nat-finish Lotus off an awesome forum member!

Can't wait.

As long as it's reasonable I'll order the waterpipe adapter (hopefully available in 18.8) and compare it to my other lighter based vapes.

charliedontsurf,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Max Jitter said:
As a heads-up, there are crevices in the vapor cap that can collect material over time and are very hard to reach. This won't effect the use of the Lotus but may effect border crossings, though we don't condone the use of any illegal substances in the Lotus.
Stocks are thin right now and will not be replenished at Mendocino Therapeutics until February. Vaporstore.com should still have a good supply of Lotus vaporizers now.
Paypal issues on the Mendocino Therapeutics website have been resolved for international buyers.

Thanks for the heads up and quick reply Max.

So if I'd wait for your stocks to replenish in Februari, would that mean I'd get one with the extra backing cycle for the black finish on the wood as was mentioned somewhere in this thread?

As for 'illegal substance', let's not take that too seriously please, since it seems to be more about where we are than what they are. Funny little world we live in.

OhTheAgony,

David and Michael

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
OhTheAgony said:
So if I'd wait for your stocks to replenish in Februari, would that mean I'd get one with the extra backing cycle for the black finish on the wood as was mentioned somewhere in this thread?
All of the vaporcaps that we sold were baked, with the exception of AGBeer's. That one was a recent paint job that wasn't baked properly. Sorry, my bad.
All of the Lotuses that the Vaporstore has in stock have been baked. All the new ones that we will have in stock in the future will be baked.

Regarding the waterpipe adapter, there will only be 14 mm adapters initially and they will sell for $25.

Max Jitter said:
Regarding the waterpipe adapter, there will only be 14 mm adapters initially and they will sell for $25.

Ug, too bad, I find the 18.8 to be preferable honestly for a number of reasons, among them superior durability, better airflow, and how an adaptor to 14mm will mount flush, while the opposite conversion will invariably be cumbersome. Not a knock against your company or its decisions, these are just my opinions on one joint size vs. the other. Maybe 75% of GonG pieces are the smaller size and, fiscally if nothing else, it makes fiscal sense.

Any plans for 18.8 in the near future or should I simply content myself with always using my conversion piece?

charliedontsurf,

stinkmeaner

charliedontsurf said:
Max Jitter said:

Ug, too bad, I find the 18.8 to be preferable honestly for a number of reasons, among them superior durability, better airflow, and how an adaptor to 14mm will mount flush, while the opposite conversion will invariably be cumbersome. Not a knock against your company or its decisions, these are just my opinions on one joint size vs. the other. Maybe 75% of GonG pieces are the smaller size and, fiscally if nothing else, it makes fiscal sense.

Any plans for 18.8 in the near future or should I simply content myself with always using my conversion piece?

The adapter is made of metal so durability is not going to be any different in 18.8mm.

As for airflow, maybe they chose 14mm for a reason, maybe the restricted airflow allows for a more concentrated hit similar to why they choose 14mm for most Ti Curves for BHO.

stinkmeaner,

JDSupreme

Head of Pot
i was doing good for a while in not buying new vapes but I really want to get a lighter based vape (and eventually a new bong to go with it. I bought the inlaws a classic VG and gave that a try. Its nice but I really like the whole Lotus concept.

JDSupreme,
Top Bottom