The Lotus Vaporizer

Egzoset

Banned
Heating speed being dependant of factors like location, distance and angle i wonder...

Would it be possible/appropriate to modify the Lotus design to allow such an option:

2h3mm1e.jpg

I mean, what would it take to add a lighter support to the Lotus, really?...

:science:

Egzoset,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
sunsett70 said:
for those lotus users, do you have to stir after each hit for it to vape evenly or can you just 'shake' it?

Ive found that due to the size of the bowl, its almost necessary to stir as you dont get a whole lot from shaking it. Once you get that first hit or so, the weed 'squishes down' in the bowl and the little trichomes start to get all melty on each other. Nothing a little stir doesnt help fix :)

AGBeer,

jackmormon

Sometimes the simplest design is the best for purpose and much more difficult to do right than more complex designs.

After two weeks, I find myself using the Lotus as my daily driver. I can get a similar level of medication from two bowls in the Lotus as I do with one of my other vapes. (Overall using about ~1/2 as much!) The beauty of the Lotus (for me) is it cuts out the much of the "to do" that goes with using a vape+glass setup which is what I use otherwise. I am surprised at how well the aluminum stem cools down the vapor. (Cooler than a straight whip!) You can go from loading the tool to clouds of vapor in 30 seconds from a cold start. Sometimes I just want a fast vape! I purchased this for home use not really as a portable.

On the price, I think it is fair when you look at the quality, efficiency, and the beautiful simplicity of the design. Plus I like that it is made in the USA. When Max re-stocks I will be purchasing a backup and a WP adapter.

Guess I am now a big fan. All my expectations are exceeded with this bad boy!

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
Max Jitter said:
The WP adapter is not in stock yet but should be in a week or two. It will be about $25.

This was about 2 weeks ago that you made this statement :D
Anything to report? Or should I have gone to the website?

AGBeer,

JDSupreme

Head of Pot
can you stick the top of the lotus on something else and use it like that? like just set it on top of a bong similar to a vaporstar?

JDSupreme,

JDSupreme

Head of Pot
caseball2051 said:
JDS, that is what the waterpipe adapter is for.

Ya I had seen that the other day..... weed cookies had me twisted last night I thought I was being creative.

Actually, let me re-phase that....is it possible to just put the Lotus heat disc on top of a standard bong/bubbler stem w/ out the adapter. Like just pack a bong as if you were to combust but set the disc on top and fire away?

Not that I have any intention on doing this, just curious. I may order a kit this weekend or maybe wait a week or 2 until the water and stem combo kit is available. I'm pretty excited about this one. I need a lighter based portable and being able to throw it on a bong with the adapter is awesome.

JDSupreme,

Snafu

can someone help me out with why this is worth $120 when there are other things on that market that seem (albeit maybe only because i am ignorant of the facts, but hey that is why i am here asking isnt it?) better for less money!

how does this compare to the MFLB or is that comparing apples and oranges?

Snafu,

Spacenstein

Just pulled the trigger on this bad boy! I'll report back with pictures and a full review.

-Spacenstein

Spacenstein,

Spacenstein

lwien said:
My finger's gettin' a bit itchy too.

If you end up itching soon.. I recommend using Vaporstore.com. They're the only people who have them in-stock at the moment. Also, use the 'fuckcombustion' discount code when checking out. I ended up paying $116 for the Lotus, torch, herb scoop, pouch, and a 300mL 5x refined Vector tane can-- shipped same day.

Spacenstein,

JDSupreme

Head of Pot
Spacenstein said:
lwien said:
My finger's gettin' a bit itchy too.

If you end up itching soon.. I recommend using Vaporstore.com. They're the only people who have them in-stock at the moment. Also, use the 'fuckcombustion' discount code when checking out. I ended up paying $116 for the Lotus, torch, herb scoop, pouch, and a 300mL 5x refined Vector tane can-- shipped same day.

That's not bad at all. Ill remember that thx!

Getting itchy here too :p

JDSupreme,

David and Michael

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
Egzoset said:
I mean, what would it take to add a lighter support to the Lotus, really?...

:science:
I thought the same thing early on, until I tried it. With the flame locked in one position you lose a lot of flexibility and you only have inhalation speed to control the heat. Considering that the flame size varies from lighter to lighter & as the fuel gets low & if there are any air cross-currents, it's tough. It's hard to beat eye/hand co-ordination.

David and Michael

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
AGBeer said:
Max Jitter said:
The WP adapter is not in stock yet but should be in a week or two. It will be about $25.

This was about 2 weeks ago that you made this statement :D
Anything to report? Or should I have gone to the website?

We should have the adapters on sale by Wednesday or Thursday with kits rolling out soon after.
I'll give the forum a heads up when it happens.

stinkmeaner

Snafu said:
can someone help me out with why this is worth $120 when there are other things on that market that seem (albeit maybe only because i am ignorant of the facts, but hey that is why i am here asking isnt it?) better for less money!

I am not defending the production cost since that is something only the manufacturer knows, but I would say that the work involved in manufacturing the Lotus Vaporizer itself seems far greater than the MFLB when you factor in the various metalwork and finishing that it requires. You have a solid billet body which is anodized, then you have the stainless bowl which seems turned on a lathe and threaded, then you have the heat exchanger section which requires woodwork, intricate drilling on the wood and the nickel sheets, then you have the actual cutting of the various nickel sheets.

This compared to the MFLB which is pretty simple wood body and plexiglass lid, you do have some copper wire and the screen/bowl, but it seems that a portion of what you pay is towards the battery & charger.

No doubt that the MFLB is a great value, for the Lotus you have to look a little deeper into the little details to determine whether it is worth it to you.

stinkmeaner,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
Snafu said:

What something is WORTH to you and what you are willing to pay is a question that you are going to have to answer for yourself. However, let me try to compare this as best I can.

The Lotus and the LB are similar and comparing them might be like comparing granny smiths and fijis. (Apples to apples, but different strains)

Both are VERY efficient - I believe the Lotus holds the edge in using less as you can pack twice as much to get a good trench out of the LB. Both deliver satisfying milky hits (or not so milky, but very tasty hits) but the difference for me lies in how quickly your herb is spent. It appears that the LB has a knack from taking you straight to the dark side (with your herb) in a much quicker fashion than the Lotus. This could be due to the huge difference in hitting technique, but in my experiences this would be the #1 difference.
Its kind of like how I used to compare my SSV to my SV - Both deliver, but the SSV does is more elegantly and stretches out your experience. (IMO)

In a nutshell, BOTH will get you from point A to point B. Its just what kind of scenery you want to experience along the way.

AGBeer,

Snafu

stinkmeaner said:
I am not defending the production cost since that is something only the manufacturer knows, but I would say that the work involved in manufacturing the Lotus Vaporizer itself seems far greater than the MFLB when you factor in the various metalwork and finishing that it requires. You have a solid billet body which is anodized, then you have the stainless bowl which seems turned on a lathe and threaded, then you have the heat exchanger section which requires woodwork, intricate drilling on the wood and the nickel sheets, then you have the actual cutting of the various nickel sheets.

This compared to the MFLB which is pretty simple wood body and plexiglass lid, you do have some copper wire and the screen/bowl, but it seems that a portion of what you pay is towards the battery & charger.

No doubt that the MFLB is a great value, for the Lotus you have to look a little deeper into the little details to determine whether it is worth it to you.

again thanks for the input :) you and Ag gave me a good run on this vape! if i ever find myself with the extra 120 to spare i might check it out!

also i thought that the body of the lotus was wood (thats what i get for thinking)

Snafu,

Bluntcrush

Director of Vapor Research Labs™
sadf said:
I just put a glass VG on order this morning then discovered the Lotus.

If the Lotus cost less I'd have already canceled the glass VG.

Question is for those who've used them, should I cancel the VG anyway?

I just ordered my MFLB and now I want one of these too!!! Wow! Keep the vapes coming!!! I guss I am becoming a collector!:D

Bluntcrush,

JDSupreme

Head of Pot
Bluntcrush said:
sadf said:
I just put a glass VG on order this morning then discovered the Lotus.

If the Lotus cost less I'd have already canceled the glass VG.

Question is for those who've used them, should I cancel the VG anyway?

I just ordered my MFLB and now I want one of these too!!! Wow! Keep the vapes coming!!! I guss I am becoming a collector!:D

Nothing wrong with that!!! Different vapes for different situations!!

JDSupreme,

sundaddy

Does anybody have the Lotus that was previously a Vapor Genie owner. I was just curious about the differences in the time it takes to get a hit from each and quality of hit.

sundaddy,

jackmormon

sundaddy,

I am probably not the best to answer your question but here goes... I bought a hand carved VG and used it about 5 times and gave it away. I hated it. It was too tricky with the flame, too hot, and I always ended up burning the herb trying to get a good hit. So I no likey.

With the Lotus, you can get a great lung buster hit with full flavor and full effects exhaling a cloud of vapor. It takes approximately 3 second from the time the flame hits the hot-plate before you can start inhaling.

YMMV!

The Lotus is the best I have personally found for when I want to vape quickly and get "real" vape hits.

lesvape

Queer in a high haze
Is screw top of the Lotus, the same size as the VG? I have my bat hooked up to a pocket bubbler with the metal screw top, and my VG screws on and fits fine, but since it is the bat you have to hold it at an odd angel to get a hit. If this is the same screw portion(not really sure what you would called) it, I am sold.

lesvape,

Frickr

im close to pulling the trigger for this vape too. as im currantly back on the pd wait list again i need something to fill the gap. the ssv just burns through material too quickly :ko:

Frickr,
Top Bottom