The Lotus Vaporizer

Skunkypete

Escape Artist
So I got mine last week, I like it , I like it a lot. This is the first portable vape that I've seen achieve PD like efficiency. The little scoop that comes with it holds about 0.02 (as precise as my scale goes) and that's really all that's needed. Simply put, this vape fucks me up on tiny amounts. A good quality to have.

I do have a question for Max Jitter though . Are replacement nickel plates available for purchase? Say that through some bad luck I manage to perforate the plate, would I be able to buy a replacement and service it myself or would I have to send the heater back to you?

And thanks for your contribution to the vaporizer market , it's a great addition to my collection and gets two thumbs up from me.

Skunkypete,

lwien

Skunkypete said:
So I got mine last week, I like it , I like it a lot. This is the first portable vape that I've seen achieve PD like efficiency. The little scoop that comes with it holds about 0.02 (as precise as my scale goes) and that's really all that's needed. Simply put, this vape fucks me up on tiny amounts. A good quality to have.

Great info. How many hits (knowing that it's all relative) do you get from one scoop? Also, have you used a LaunchBox as far as getting a comparison between the two regarding efficiency?

This is really nice to hear about this vape. I know when I went from my VaporGenie to my PD, I used less than half as much. Sounds like this would overcome some of the VG's limitations.

lwien,

Skunkypete

Escape Artist
Optimally, I'd say I get about 3 maybe 4 hits out of one bowl, stirring between each it. I do have a launch box as well. The lotus scoop fills about a 1/4 launch box trench to give you an idea. I wouldn't feel right comparing the 2 honestly. While I have used the LB it's really not a regular occurrence. I find the batteries a pain to deal with. I'm more of a VG/Supreme guy when it comes to portables. And the lotus is definitely more efficient in its herbal use then those.

Skunkypete,

David and Michael

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
Skunkypete said:
So I got mine last week, I like it , I like it a lot. This is the first portable vape that I've seen achieve PD like efficiency.

I do have a question for Max Jitter though . Are replacement nickel plates available for purchase?

I'm glad that you like the Lotus. It seems to be even more efficient when you use half a scoop. You'll vape it all in one or two tries.

We will be selling hot plates and a hex wrench so you can replace the plate yourself if needed.

When you get comfortable with the Lotus you should try it with a dual flame lighter. It's trickier to use but will vape everything in about 2 seconds. Just put one flame at the 6 o'clock position and one at 12 o'clock and you're done, but don't wait for a red spot or everything is burned.

David and Michael

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
For those of you who asked for a waterpipe adapter.
The adapter/bowl is strictly R&D but will be available in the future.

cimg0542e.jpg

cimg0543b.jpg

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
I don't use glass but if I did, I would want one of those.

That looks gorgeous to me.

pakalolo,

Nycdeisel

Looks nice, glad this finally happened! really looks promising but only time will tell.

Nycdeisel,

Egzoset

Banned
I'd like to see in video how cohabitation goes when there's ice on one side and a Steinel digital Hot Air Gun on the other...

:cool:

Egzoset,

george

Sweet, you guys took our requests and made it happen (pretty quickly as well) ! Reminds me of MagicFlight creating the power adapter. You guys seem like a good company, i just wish the price was more on par with the vaporgenie, then i would definately try out the Lotus.

george,

DaProfessor

Sign me up for the waterpipe version!

Even though I really like the though of all glass, I do prefer that the piece that connects the vaporizer to the pipe be made of metal. Preferably stainless, but anodized aluminum would suffice.

DaProfessor,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
Honestly, I LOLed at when I first saw the pic of the Lotus on the bong. Maybe its cause Im feeling fluffy right now, but it just LOOKED kind of funny. (Cute funny not dummy dumb dumb funny)

Honestly, I am inches from pulling the trigger on one of these right now. I have owned NUMEROUS VGs and every single one of them has been gifted in hopes of helping convert a fellow smoker. I already prefer to use my VG with a gooseneck torch, but I really dont miss the (minor) hassle it can be to use a VG. (Getting the threads lined back up to screw the bowl on, burning the wood, etc)

Now, in seeing that ALL of my portables have been gifted recently (yes, the LB as well as the SV) I was looking to get another portable. VG was #1 on my list until I decided to revisit this thread. (Sorry VG, you will be #1 when I replenish to get more gifts :p)

Ridiculously positive reviews from some of the most respected vaporists in the scene (as far as my perception goes), and Made in the good ole USA. I think its gonna be a good new year :D

*EDIT*
Order was just placed :) I cant wait to join the ranks and get a review on this badboy! (Or girl) :p

Wish this vape were just a bit cheaper, At 75 I would of bought one months ago, and the option of a larger bowl would be nice

Also have a discounted package sans jet lighter.

charliedontsurf,

Egzoset

Banned
Hummm...

I have a question.

Looking at the picture:

cimg0543b.jpg

...i suddenly wonder what happened to the magnetic lock mechanism when using a Lotus waterpipe adapter...

Also, one might suggest the addition of some heat shielding disk between that bowl/adapter and the heat exchanger, in order to allow safe use of a heat gun. A flower-like disk would add a nice touch!

:peace:

Egzoset,

stinkmeaner

Egzoset said:
Also, one might suggest the addition of some heat shielding disk between that bowl/adapter and the heat exchanger, in order to allow safe use of a heat gun. A flower-like disk would add a nice touch!

I think you are missing the point of this whole device, sorry to come off so blunt, but there would be absolutely no benefit to using a heat gun with this vape and I don't see why you are so stuck on it. Since the design is different than that of a Vapor Genie type vape, the Lotus uses a heat exchanger and you are not inhaling any butane fumes like you would with a VG type flame filter.

This vaporizer is obviously designed for portability, stealth, and convenience which are all things that scream lighter. If you want to use a heat gun then you might as well just use the original Vrip bowl set to actually benefit from the heat guns temperature accuracy and the the forced air.

stinkmeaner,

finchrock24

Proud MMJ Patient
stinkmeaner said:
Egzoset said:

I think you are missing the point of this whole device, sorry to come off so blunt, but there would be absolutely no benefit to using a heat gun with this vape and I don't see why you are so stuck on it. Since the design is different than that of a Vapor Genie type vape, the Lotus uses a heat exchanger and you are not inhaling any butane fumes like you would with a VG type flame filter.

This vaporizer is obviously designed for portability, stealth, and convenience which are all things that scream lighter. If you want to use a heat gun then you might as well just use the original Vrip bowl set to actually benefit from the heat guns temperature accuracy and the the forced air.

Well if your intending to use a water tool, portability goes out the window anyway...unless you think hitting a binger in public is stealthy! lol. I think he brought up the heat gun because if you using the water tool adapter, chances are portability is not your concern. I could see where someone might like using a heat gun over a lighter in their home. No butane to refill or worry about and you get pretty much the same results time after time.

finchrock24,

stinkmeaner

finchrock24 said:
stinkmeaner said:
Egzoset said:

Well if your intending to use a water tool, portability goes out the window anyway...unless you think hitting a binger in public is stealthy! lol. I think he brought up the heat gun because if you using the water tool adapter, chances are portability is not your concern. I could see where someone might like using a heat gun over a lighter in their home. No butane to refill or worry about and you get pretty much the same results time after time.

Do you speak for him or something? I don't see how you know what he is thinking. This is not just aimed at the waterpipe version of the Lotus, if you bothered to read the rest of the thread finch, then you would see the heat gun was brought up earlier in the thread before the waterpipe adapter was introduced. http://fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?pid=96724#p96724
The whole point is that if you are going to use a heat gun then why not just use the heat gun as the vaporizer, doing this would be like buying a Volcano or Herbal Aire to use as a heat source for your Vapor Genie, even if it could work, why would you want to. The question would remain as to why not just use the Volcano/HA by itself.

I still don't see the disadvantages to using a torch with the Lotus like there are with a VG or other flame filter vapes where you have to inhale the flame. My point is if you want to use a heat gun then you would be better off using it alone as the vaporizer because a good heat gun makes one of the finest vaporizer around, they have accurate temp. control and a fan which aids in extraction.

I'm sure there are many things that can heat the Lotus, technically any heat source small enough and hot enough could be used to heat it, but Butane is readily available, fairly inexpensive, and from the looks of it you really don't need to much, from the video it looks like you would use far less than a VG and since you are not inhaling it, then I don't see the downsides. I could use a car battery to power my Volcano and any other desktop vaporizer, does that mean that I should?

Clearly from the directions you are supposed to heat the Lotus until a red spot forms in the center of the flower, that means it has to be pretty hot, you would have to have a heat gun that gets hot enough and that means that hot air is going to be blowing everywhere, if you aim the stream of hot air at the center of the flower at close range, the air is going to reflect back, maybe back in your face, maybe on the hand holding the Lotus, maybe the hot air decides to scorch the exposed wood around the edges.
Who knows, but it is clearly not the right tool for the job, if someone really was opposed lighter to the point they needed something else then a soldering iron comes to mind. They are hot enough, you can strip it down to the ceramic element, and if you apply it directly to the center of the flower then the heat would remain localized instead of blowing all over like the heat gun.

Why does it seem like you continually follow me around the board objecting to what I say? I know there are other times, but one comes to mind from just the other day in the Vaportower thread: http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?pid=105225#p105225 If you don't like my comments then ignore them, but it seems silly to object to my comments when they don't concern you, especially when you are speaking on behalf of someone else like in this thread. Either way it feels like you are waiting around trying to discredit me.

stinkmeaner,

Egzoset

Banned
Hi StinkMeaner,

FinchRock24 may not be expressing my own thoughts but what i read above suits me just fine: water contraptions aren't portable and i'll add that i'd still be concerned if i were to be using a torch lighter in this case. Lets forget about the top-notch (utterly expensive) heat guns like this one:

Steinel HG 2310 LCD

...unless the visual indicator provided by Lotus isn't good enough!

Anyway... I guess the rest is between you and FinchRock24.

:2c:

-=*=-

While i think of it, allow me to invite you to my "fantasy" thread:

http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?id=3829

...where everyone's feedback is most welcome! Happy new year!!!

:D

Egzoset,

finchrock24

Proud MMJ Patient
stinkmeaner said:
Do you speak for him or something? I don't see how you know what he is thinking. This is not just aimed at the waterpipe version of the Lotus, if you bothered to read the rest of the thread finch

Do you think for me or something? How do YOU know I haven't been following this thread?

I was simply replying to Es post and trying to clear up any possibly confusion. Just because YOU can't see the necessity to use a heat gun doesn't mean other people won't want to. In fact, some may feel that a heat gun is just easier or more convenient to use over a lighter.

EDIT:

About following you around...thats almost funny. I have MANY things better to do then 'follow your around' on a forum bothering you. Just because you can link to one thread where we both responded in doens't mean I'm "following you".

Also, my response in the vapor tower thread was not in any mean or harsh tone. you accused a company of something that you had no evidence of. but that is for the other thread.

And...follow your own advice. If you don't like my post about using a heat gun, ignore it! The point of my previous post was just to point out that if you intend to use a water tool, your probably aren't taking this baby out on the road with you, therefore it wouldn't matter how you heat the vape up, heat gun, hair dyer, hell use a flood lamp for all I care. I'm just bring up the point that if you aren't intending to travel with this device, you don't HAVE to use a butane lighter. Like i said, some may even prefer the heat gun, some may not. You just need to relax or get some new bud or something...you seem mega paranoid! And do not worry, you will be ignored by me from here on out!

finchrock24,

Skunkypete

Escape Artist
IMO if you used that kind of heat gun on a Lotus you'd probably end up taking the paint off the edges. The circle in the middle made to be heated up is only 3/4 of an inch across. As far as I know the nozzle on a heat gun is not that precise.

Skunkypete,

lwien

Skunkypete said:
IMO if you used that kind of heat gun on a Lotus you'd probably end up taking the paint off the edges. The circle in the middle made to be heated up is only 3/4 of an inch across. As far as I know the nozzle on a heat gun is not that precise.

Kinda like killing a fly with a bazooka. :/

lwien,
Reactions: as

finchrock24

Proud MMJ Patient
Skunky Pete: I beileve that E stated he wouldn't use a heat gun of that quality on the Lotus. I haven't used heat guns (I just use a hair dryer for shirking small diameters of heat shrink) so I don't know the temperatures they reach, but I have seen some get red hot. I'm sure Egzoset would know which to use under which circumstance.

finchrock24,

finchrock24

Proud MMJ Patient
lwien said:
Skunkypete said:

Kinda like killing a fly with a bazooka. :/

Interesting analogy. I guess one could say that any of the devices we use are like killing a fly with a bazooka. After all, all you REALLY need to do to use MJ is eat it. Or throw it on a fire and sit next to it. Compared to those two techniques, even the launchbox looks like the space station when it comes to ingesting THC!

finchrock24,
Top Bottom