• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

The JET waterpipe

VB

I think the people on here accept the JET, they just want a way for the JET to better fit a vape. While the ideas before would work, we just want to brainstorm with everyone and see what other ideas we come up with. I like the idea for just doing a 90 degree angle for the stem, which wouldn't be very difficult. We would just make the threaded hole for the stem straight down instead of at an angle.
I was thinking of an idea last night that would be cool. I was thinking what if we had a rechargeable power supply that fit on the JET, the power supply would then be attached to a heating element, which would be attached to a bowl. You then turn it on and can adjust the temperature accordingly for getting a great vape rip. So it would basically be a vape built into the JET! I know people prefer to use their own vape, which doing the 90 degree stem, it wouldn't be a problem.
If we could pull that off, having a built in vape for the JET, I think it would be amazing! Have it work through convection instead of conduction. What does everyone else think of this idea?

I love the 90 degree stem idea, but would it be far enough away from the tube to fit a large vape?

VB,

Armerad

Dabbin'
If we could pull that off, having a built in vape for the JET, I think it would be amazing! Have it work through convection instead of conduction. What does everyone else think of this idea?

I believe conduction is preferable to convection, because it provides a more even heat distribution and more evenly vaped material.
Edit: Sorry for the mixup, got them mixed up in my head.

Are you hoping to sell the JET Vape attachment seperately, or build it into units?

Armerad,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
I believe conduction is preferable to convection, because it provides a more even heat distribution and more evenly vaped material.

You have that backwards. Conduction is considered inferior because only the material in contact with the heating surface is heated and plant material is a terrible heat conductor. Convection heats more evenly and thoroughly because the flowing hot air reaches more of the load.

Armerad

Dabbin'
Yea, I did have it backwards; my mistake.

Gotta stop trying to multitask between FC and work!

Armerad,

quantumaviator

jetwaterpipes.com
Manufacturer
Hey guys thought I would post this here, this is from a family member who hit us up on our reddit community about the "VapeJET"
"I vape through my Jet all the time. I mostly use my Life Saber Vape (with 14mm bowl adapter), but I also use my Hot Box (whip into downstem), and Pax portable (moist paper towel ghetto adapter; patent pending). The LSV is used like a wand that is brought to the adapter bowl to heat the material. I have no desire to anchor it to the Jet. I read the thread on FC. The Jet is great for any whip vape. Most of the people who don't like whips are going to be dead-set against non-glass in their vapor path anyway. I saw some interest from VapeXhale Cloud users. I can see using it as a wand like the LSV, but likewise, I wouldn't anchor it myself. But if you want to cater to those who want it anchored, couldn't you design a bent stem to accommodate their preferred 90* alignment? You could do this in addition to a base plate attachment to increase the base footprint and stability. The increased stability might allow you to get some distance between the stem and tube. A redesigned base is also an option."
Thats what we would like to do, make a vape friendly stem!

quantumaviator,

quantumaviator

jetwaterpipes.com
Manufacturer
I think we are going with The JET stack or JET stacks I wanted to call it MDS or Modular Diffusion System. What do you guys think any ideas for a name?

quantumaviator,

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
I think you should KISS - the jet stack is a nice and simple name that get's the point across. Molecular Diffusion System sounds like a feature you'd find in a vape on The Enterprise :D

CentiZen,

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
Haha see that's just the way my mind works. Instantly comes up with the most hopelessly confusing option available. Modular diffusion system makes ALOT more sense.

CentiZen,

quantumaviator

jetwaterpipes.com
Manufacturer
HAHA! Yeah, i'm pretty sure we are just going with simple and straight to the point, JET Stacks!

quantumaviator,

Armerad

Dabbin'
45/Whatever the JET is->90* have a fatal flaw: The axis of rotation makes it so that it can go from upright to horizontal, which is an issue when there's several pounds of electronics balanced on top.

If you have a way to change the angle without leaving a vulnerable point of rotation, by all means, GO GO GO GO! :whip:

Armerad,

quantumaviator

jetwaterpipes.com
Manufacturer
pretty simple, just make the threaded stem hole straight down, instead of at an angle.

quantumaviator,

lwien

Kind of a weird question, but would anyone like to help us think of a name for the stackable diffusers? stackable diffusers just sounds stupid. Any ideas would be much appreciated!

Ok, a bit of peer pressure here but I sincerely feel that what I suggested in more than a few posts in this thread is that getting one of your pieces into the hands of one of the users here along with a subsequent review would do you guys more good than most of the time that you have spent here in exposing your product.

You mentioned in the post above that you're looking for a name for your stackable diffuser and I mentioned awhile back that this would be a great idea for a contest. I got no response.

It's Christmas time. Apparently, your main competitor here from Steele has offered up one of his units in a contest, which not only promotes good will and additional posts in his thread, but also allows him to get one of his units into one of our members hands here that will promote a subsequent review. It is obvious that he believes that the investment in doing this will be rewarded with additional sales. It is also obvious that he has enough faith in this product, that it will garner a positive review. Do you not believe that this would apply to your product as well?

Btw, VaporGenie is doing the same thing, that is giving away a new model that they are presenting by offering it up to those that come up with the best name for it.

It just makes good marketing sense.

I know. I'm baiting you here, but I really think that if you don't take advantage of doing this during this time of year, you are really missing out on a great opportunity.

BTW, if you do take me up on this suggestion, my suggestion for a name for your stackable diffuser would be "The Double Diffy".

Do the contest man. It makes perfect sense.

If you choose to again ignore my suggestion here, I promise never to mention it again, and wish you nothing but future success.

Edit: If you feel that your piece is not quite ready for primetime, than make the prize retroactive.

Ok, now I'm done.

quantumaviator

jetwaterpipes.com
Manufacturer
So you're not proposing a stem mod, but an entire new base?
No, using the same base with a straight threaded stem hole instead of an angled one.

Sorry for not replying lwien I guess I didn't see that. I'll talk to Geoff the owner and see what we can do! He is incredibly stingy, but I will try and talk to him. It is a great idea! I'll let ya know asap when i found out!

quantumaviator,

lwien

Sorry for not replying lwien I guess I didn't see that. I'll talk to Geoff the owner and see what we can do! He is incredibly stingy, but I will try and talk to him. It is a great idea! I'll let ya know asap when i found out!

Penny wise and dollar foolish if he doesn't do this, for it's the cheapest advertising that he could do. Positive reviews from a site such as this along with the additional exposure is more than worth the manufacturing cost of one of his units.

quantumaviator

jetwaterpipes.com
Manufacturer
Oh for sure I understand that. I just showed him your last responses, and he said "give me a day to think about it." I think we already have a name for them, so a competition for the best name might not apply. Can you think of another idea for a competition for the winner to receive a JET? Just doing a random drawing is stupid. Maybe have whoever wanted to enter the competition write a 500 words or less reason why they should receive a free JET? We would select the winner and then send them out a free JET! EHHH????

quantumaviator,

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
Well; perhaps drawing a picture is a little simplistic; and I doubt you'd have many people willing to write an essay (apart from me I guess) over a bong. With these sort of marketing campaigns, you want the reach to get to as many people as reasonably possible.

However, I've always wondered why more companies don't run picture contests; where the contest is to take the coolest picture of their logo or pictoral related to them. In my opinion that's the best kind of brand recognition; makes things fun and keeps things reasonable.

Cloud contest !! Whitest hit ever. Be prepared to cough :D
Oh a cloud contest? This ought to be good. I'll send quantum my address now :brow:

CentiZen,

lwien

Can you think of another idea for a competition for the winner to receive a JET? Just doing a random drawing is stupid.

Your competitor is doing it with members entering their favorite Christmas movie. The contest doesn't even have to have anything to do with your product. What matter is, is that you get people to participate, thereby adding posts and exposure to your thread and finally, to get a Jet into the hands of one of our members here. I would make one caveat though, and make it mandatory that the winner write an honest review of the product.

Your gamble with this, is that the review is a negative one, but even then, I think it would be dollars well spent with the resulting conversation and changes that could be made to make your product even better than what it currently is.

lwien,
Reactions: t-dub

quantumaviator

jetwaterpipes.com
Manufacturer
not drawing a picture lmao! I mean like a random drawing of someones name from a hat or some shit. I would like to know why someone would deserve it over someone else. So doing a little paragraph of why you should get the JET over somebody else would be great. Unless someone has some better ideas!? Maybe like you were saying though, whoever can create the coolest logo would win? Throw out some more ideas guys!

I also don't want to copy Steele's christmas movie themed give away, 2 wrongs don't make a right.

quantumaviator,

lwien

Well; perhaps drawing a picture is a little simplistic; and I doubt you'd have many people willing to write an essay (apart from me I guess) over a bong. With these sort of marketing campaigns, you want the reach to get to as many people as reasonably possible.

However, I've always wondered why more companies don't run picture contests; where the contest is to take the coolest picture of their logo or pictoral related to them. In my opinion that's the best kind of brand recognition; makes things fun and keeps things reasonable.

See to me, writing an "essay" doesn't require anything other than a bit of time and thought. A picture would require equipment necessary to take a picture, and some people have the wherewithal with really good equipment along with the knowledge in how to use it. I think this would make it even more limiting than a contest that doesn't require such equipment or knowledge in how to use it.

With that said though, any contest would be better than none.

lwien,
Top Bottom