• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

The JET waterpipe

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
I, for one, am not as impressed. I have read this thread, with interest, since the gentleman "introduced" himself in the Steel Concept thread, and have some, "impressions" so far. I get the "impression" that this product is made by and for "combusters". I get the distinct "impression" from the OP in his comments that he does not understand vapor, us, or our needs. I get the distinct "impression" that he feels he can just sell his product here and capture our market without adapting his product at all. I really get the "vibe" that the OP doesn't vape regularly and doesn't understand it.

I have used the words "impression" and "feel" purposely here, just my feelings on the "vibe" here so far, I may be wrong.

Polycarbonate is not magic, its material science. The video isn't even that impressive since the tube is never subjected to crushing forces, it just bounces . . .

The carb idea is nice, for a combuster . . . imho :peace:

I, for one, am not as impressed. I have read this thread, with interest, since the gentleman "introduced" himself in the Steel Concept thread, and have some, "impressions" so far. I get the "impression" that this product is made by and for "combusters". I get the distinct "impression" from the OP in his comments that he does not understand vapor, us, or our needs. I get the distinct "impression" that he feels he can just sell his product here and capture our market without adapting his product at all. I really get the "vibe" that the OP doesn't vape regularly and doesn't understand it.

I have used the words "impression" and "feel" purposely here, just my feelings on the "vibe" here so far, I may be wrong.

Polycarbonate is not magic, its material science. The video isn't even that impressive since the tube is never subjected to crushing forces, it just bounces . . .

The carb idea is nice, for a combuster . . . imho :peace:
Now that you mention it......:doh:

quantumaviator

jetwaterpipes.com
Manufacturer
The JET was designed with a 14mm GonG downstem for the sole purpose of having as many options available for it as possible, vapes included. We have had people recommend that we start posting on here because of the interest in a product like the JET for vape users. I myself have vaped with the JET a bunch of times and every time I loved it! I don't see whats wrong with expanding on more uses for the JET especially if there's an interest in it. I'm not denying that we aren't vaporizer veterans, but I would love to work with anyone in here if they have any ideas to make the JET more vape accessible; I mean we do have a whole cnc machine shop with amazing software to basically design and produce anything we want. So please, if anyone has any ideas or suggestions for making the JET more vape friendly or an idea for an attachment, anything really, we love feedback! Sorry if we ruined the vibe or feel here, that wasn't the intention. It had been suggested that there was an interest here for a product like the JET. So, with how smooth the JET is with combustion, adding a vape to the JET, or rather adding a JET to a vape IMO is amazing, all we care about is smoothness and with a vape it really takes it to the next level of amazing!

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
I myself have vaped with the JET a bunch of times and every time I loved it!
This is exactly the type of self serving statement from a manufacturer that means absolutely nothing. But thanks for the quick reply and slight change in attitude. There is interest for your product here, just not your approach.
I'm not denying that we aren't vaporizer veterans, . . .So, with how smooth the JET is with combustion, adding a vape to the JET, or rather adding a JET to a vape IMO is amazing, all we care about is smoothness and with a vape it really takes it to the next level of amazing!
Again self serving. The fact that you guys are NOT vapor veterans, obvious imho, means you should be LISTENING in here, more than you are, and not trying to SELL so much . . . 2 ears one mouth you know?
but I would love to work with anyone in here if they have any ideas to make the JET more vape accessible; I mean we do have a whole cnc machine shop with amazing software to basically design and produce anything we want. So please, if anyone has any ideas or suggestions for making the JET more vape friendly or an idea for an attachment, anything really, we love feedback!
I seem to remember a USER SUBMITTED DIAGRAM with just that not too long ago . . .
That counts for smoking. Smoke stack in high chimney so it can be inhaled at once then.
Vapors are different. It doesnt burn in few seconds, you need to hit it for a minute minimum (super convection vapes) to get it all. Too much volume makes it difficult to finish a bowl in few hits as there is too much air to begin with in each hit.
Also too much volume to clear at end of each hit is somewhat undesirable with vapes.
The SHORT tube looks vape-friendly volume-wise to me. ;)
[dream]
I wish so much for a vape friendly version. With a SHORT tube, (optionally?) without bowl, (optionally?) with 14->18mm.
And a base shaped like this:
*rough sketch*
5odt80.png

This would accept every vape. And most of the vapes would even fit directly without any worries. :ko:
*vape like a futuristic boss*

I don't know if this is even possible (CNC?), but I'm worried the Cloud and other bigger vapes which are great for waterpipes won't fit or makes it unstable.
[/dream]

lwien

Hey Quantum, welcome to the FC gauntlet.

All manufacturers that present there products here go through this trial by fire exercise. For some, they just fold their tents and leave. For others, they stick around but become defensive and they too eventually leave. But for some, they totally take off their marketing hats and present their product here, not to sell, but just to................expose, to answer questions, and to listen and discuss, and for them, most of the time, it becomes a rewarding experience not only for us, the end users, but for them, the manufacturers.

I know it's hard to take off that marketing/advertising/sales hat. I wore one for more than 35 years, but for you to successfully run this gauntlet, ya just gotta take it off and toss it while you're here and if you truly have a product that is worthy of this small niche market, your efforts here in doing so will be rewarded, without a doubt.

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
Hey Quantum, welcome to the FC gauntlet.

All manufacturers that present there products here go through this trial by fire exercise. For some, they just fold their tents and leave. For others, they stick around but become defensive and they too eventually leave. But for some, they totally take off their marketing hats and present their product here, not to sell, but just to................expose, to answer questions, and to listen and discuss, and for them, most of the time, it becomes a rewarding experience not only for us, the end users, but for them, the manufacturers.

I know it's hard to take off that marketing/advertising/sales hat. I wore one for more than 35 years, but for you to successfully run this gauntlet, ya just gotta take it off and toss it while you're here and if you truly have a product that is worthy of this small niche market, your efforts here in doing so will be rewarded, without a doubt.

Well said lwien. I would suspect that the demographic here is a little different than the other "stoner" forums out there. My guess is our average age, and education & experience level is much higher. Probably confuses a lot of people in the "industry" when they come here.

OO

Technical Skeptical
I would like to see a very small, lighter version of this. I also like the idea of an easy clear.
If I recall correctly, this has one, I enjoy how with GONG you can pull the downstem to get nice smooth pull to clear it. since my memory fails me, does this have that? or could it be incorporated?

BTW polycarbonate is some damn tough stuff. Take an empty Nalgene bottle, and throw it as hard as you can at the ground. it will just bounce back up, none the wiser. (we used to play games with them in ways similar to how I described as children)

Also we are a more discerning bunch, and we want you to stick around guy!
Sell us without the gimmicks (put the wiser marketing hat on(the enthusiast/medical side hat) I.E. know your market), many on this board have diminished lung capacities so the lung size thing is a moot point, though what most people here are failing to realize is that it was meant to fill it with lungful, then breathe out, then fill your lungs. I'm not particularly interested in this aspect.

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
Some ideas: I think it would be cool to combine a smaller JET set and volume like OO said, with a shorter/fatter/more stable profile for hanging a vape on, with a vape interface like Seek posited. That discussion would be fruitful I think. You could call it the "Vapor JET". I would also like to think more about the design and # of jets themselves and how that relates to the smoke vs vapor situation . . .

The "Easy Clear" may also be interesting to work into the vapor path or base some way, maybe a lever or button?

t-dub,

OO

Technical Skeptical
The "Easy Clear" may also be interesting to work into the vapor path or base some way, maybe a lever or button?
or by tilting.

Also, I'm the type who would need the price to come down substantially before investing in one

OO,
Reactions: t-dub
Aye vapor jet is a great idea.

The only way the lung capacity selling point would be useful for vaporists is if we first filled the chamber ('prime'), take a breath THEN clear the tube IMO.

Roger D

Vapor Wizard
Yeah it is way too big, I prefer smaller pieces who clears more easily. It's not a "one rip" process when you vape.

Roger D,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Aye vapor jet is a great idea.

The only way the lung capacity selling point would be useful for vaporists is if we first filled the chamber ('prime'), take a breath THEN clear the tube IMO.

Finally, someone understands me! This is why I prefer a smaller can to clear.

stickstones,

Looks like lwien agrees too!

I was getting pretty frustrated watching you explain why a tube with the same volume as the 'average' lung is NOT a smart selling feature.

In fact, my eyes involuntarily rolled when I first read about that gimmick.

kingofnull,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Looks like lwien agrees too!

I was getting pretty frustrated watching you explain why a tube with the same volume as the 'average' lung is NOT a smart selling feature.

In fact, my eyes involuntarily rolled when I first read about that gimmick.

I don't see where they're using the lung capacity thing as a marketing gimmick, all I see (both in posts here and on their website) are comments here that lung capacity was considered important in the design. I don't see any reference to it in their marketing. You people made the jump to marketing gimmick, not quantumaviator.

I am a little confused, though. There are two tube lengths, so does the shorter tube have a larger diameter to maintain the same volume?

pakalolo,
Its not in their marketing material, but its been touted extensively by the manufacturer over the past few pages.

Btw quantumaviator, I like your bad ass a/c

kingofnull,

jackmormon

I would buy one of these in a heartbeat.......IF it was about 10-12 inches tall and had an 18mm 90 degree GONG intake. THAT would a vape piece, IMO.

I would buy one of these in a heartbeat.......IF it was about 10-12 inches tall and had an 18mm 90 degree GONG intake. THAT would a vape piece, IMO.
Indeed. Perhaps since the manufacturer owns their own CNC equipment we'll see it one day.

kingofnull,

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
Understood you from the beginning, just hanging back, watching the discourse unfold . . . I finally had to comment out of pure frustration, I apologize for speaking in such strong terms earlier, but I also stand behind everything I said. It appears the manufacturer has the materials and equipment, lets see if they have the intestinal fortitude to press onwards and create something amazing :)

I'm half tempted to try the darn thing but if I spent $200+ on it right now (setting aside its obvious flaws for my purposes for the moment) my SO would add another hole to my head, and I have enough of those already ;)

JET_BLACK_SL_X5_INFO.jpg

t-dub,

OO

Technical Skeptical
You've used one of these before? What's the cleaning process like?
No, but I have handled one, as well as having experience with frits.
I expect cleaning to be a simple process, the coating on the aluminum is supposedly (no reason to doubt) much harder than glass, so granulated salt is a viable abrasive, and could be used with alcohol or solvent of choice to remove residue from the surface of the aluminum.

That being said I'm sure the manufacturer has specific recommendations that would be better alternatives. The reason I'm sure it would be easier is the pore size is far greater for one of these devices than the size of a frit pore.

That combined with a harder coating gives you a wider range of usable abrasives, as well as easier removal of abrasives. Alot of it also has to do with the shape of the pore, circles allow abrasives through much easier than the odd angles of a frit.

OO,
Reactions: Tweek

luchiano

I don't understand why some are saying this would be hard to clear in one take when using a vaporizer, then when smoking?. When you vape the slower the better, and when you have temperatures set correctly, as well as not having a packed bowl(so air can flow efficiently), you only need to inhale for around 5-10 seconds to get the vapor to extract most of what you want to extract. The vapor in the tube might not be thick, but it will still be potent due to being very concentrated with cannabinoids. This depends on the vaporizer also, but for the mflb this works perfectly due to the heater not needing air to be dragged through the heater to extract actives from the herb. The air already surrounding the herb is enough to heat up the herb to do extraction, as long as use very little that is spread apart, and use the right temperature setting.

I think people forget that it's the hot air doing most of the work, while the lungs is just pulling the air through the herb, so very little lung power is needed. I think the problem is people pack their bowls too much which will lower the temperature inside the bowl significantly, while using low temperatures, and therefore don't get the high they want without a long inhale that will slowly get the temperature inside the bowl to the proper temperature, but when everything is done properly you don't need a long inhale to extract the active from the herb. The long inhale is good, no matter how you vape, because it allows as much vapor to get deep into the lungs for better absorption, which gives a stronger high.

This type of vaping, where you are using diffusers to filter the vape, is perfect when you want to scrub away the water soluble substances, and keep the fat soluble cannabinoids, for a more concentrated hit, on special occasion to switch things up, so you can keep your tolerance form getting too high, but make sure you don't do this too much(bong hits) as it will do this in the long run. This JET waterpipe is perfect because it will scrub away much more effectively then other pipes I've seen.

luchiano,

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
You've used one of these before? What's the cleaning process like?
The manufacturer says you can put the JET in the dishwasher, and I believe him. I also think PBW would be a perfect fit to clean the JET as well . . .

I need one of these with an 18.8mm connection that will hold the Cloud properly straight up/down, it looks as if it would tip over if you tried this, even if it had water in it, unless the JET set is heavier than I imagine which it could be since OO remarked on its weight . . . which has me thinking

Its really not that far from where the product is right now, but in its present condition, I couldn't order one, although I would love to try this . . .

Top Bottom