• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

The JET waterpipe

lwien

I also don't want to copy Steele's christmas movie themed give away, 2 wrongs don't make a right.

Wrong? There's nothing wrong in what he is doing as long as it is generating interest in his product.

BTW, drawing a logo I think would be just as limiting as creating a picture. Creating anything graphically, imho, really limits the contest to those that can actually create these kinds of images.

But again, any contest is better than none.

lwien,
Reactions: t-dub

quantumaviator

jetwaterpipes.com
Manufacturer
I'm just throwing ideas around, and by wrong I mean copying someone else's idea and passing it off as your own. Will probably end up just making sure you get it anyway lwien. Seems like out of all the "well known" members on here, you have taken the most interest! That being said, I would like it to be fair, but it would probably work out best for us if you got it! So, is that what we should do for the give-away? A paragraph no more than 500 words on why you should get the JET?

quantumaviator,

lwien

Whoa, whoa, whoa. Please understand, my suggestion was not meant to be self serving in any way at all. While I am a long time member here, I am no more qualified to get a free JET than many of the other well respected members of this site. As a matter of fact, I think the best person to get a free JET is from someone here who already owns a lot of glass so that comparisons can be made. I only own one piece, and that's a HVY Mini-Beaker.

Of course, I would love to get a free Jet and I would write a review accordingly, but please don't let that get in the way of running a valid contest.

Grey hair contest should fit the bill. :lol:

:peace:

Grey hair contest............LOL !!! I win by default. Too funny.........

lwien,

quantumaviator

jetwaterpipes.com
Manufacturer
I know, I said i want it to be fair. I would just prefer you getting it since you have shown alot of interest in the JET and are a well known member.

Adobewan

OK Guys, I've been using the Jet for about a week now. Was torn between this and Steels's but the tech and the lower price made this my first choice of the two.
After cranking thru the thread I wanted to cover some quick points.
Let me first proudly shout from the mountains, I LOVE my Leviathan Matrix!!!(I've been tempted to sleep with it but it stays too darn cold.) I love my FC Bubbler!!(Rubber stoppered and filled with salt and ISO, it makes the perfect "Shake-Weight" exercise replacement when cleaning!) These get my highest recommendations, they're superstars that I plan to use till the day I die and then pass them down to my heirs.

And I've barely touched either since getting the JET.

Due to Steele's gracious Christmas offer, I'm ordering his this weekend and will do a head to head but here's my initial reaction of the JET.

First, I believe Quantum went back in time to get me my Jet within 72 hrs of ordering(with no special shipping).
I vaporize exclusively and the JET works amazingly with my Solo, Underdog, Inhalater, and the Hot Pod(again the winner with my water pieces!) The clear draw of the Pod with the almost fiss-like diffusion of the JET makes for the smoothest, easiest draw of all my water pieces. The base is wide/stable enough to support the weight of the Solo. I'll try to get some pics together of how well it plays with all the vapes asap.
As I mentioned the diffusion is amazing, the carb is very cool, I'm not sure why some were concerned the carb would service combusters better than us vaporizers. It keeps you from having to remove your vape to clear, I'm loving it! Quantum has some accessories coming, the stackable diffusers(which I'm not sure this would even need, but I'm game) and another which he may or may not have announced that I'm more interested in.

CONS(Shouted in Kirk's voice):
-I bought the small version and was surprised how large it is. I suggested Quantum add something of scale to the pictures on his site for reference, perhaps him standing up on a chair to take a hit off the large version.
-Maybe it's my age, maybe it's the length again, but I'm spoiled by the angled mouthpieces of the Matrix and the FC Bubb(my Persei Bubb as well). It's a bit uncomfortable to bend my face down at a near 90° angle to draw from the JET, but that would be the case with any long straight tube.

Without any experience with Steele's, I think both of these points may be where Steele's beats the JET, while I don't think Steele's wil be able to match the JET's diffusion(heck that might be comparable to a fritted disk), and that's more the point of a piece like this to me.

Keep in mind, my glass experience is limited to mere months and I regularly turn to more experienced FC Jedi for guidance, but for what little it's worth, the JET gets the Adobewan "bump".

quantumaviator

jetwaterpipes.com
Manufacturer
Not sure what your trying to say here. It would be the same price, just would change the angle of the stem hole. From what adobewon said, it sounds like it's stable enough to support a vape. Maybe we could just create an angled mouthpiece attachment, it would be pretty simple.

quantumaviator,

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
Will probably end up just making sure you get it anyway lwien. Seems like out of all the "well known" members on here, you have taken the most interest! That being said, I would like it to be fair, but it would probably work out best for us if you got it!

Then I will gladly accept and write a review shortly after receiving it.

The 3 Chinese curses:
  • My you live in interesting times
  • May you come to the attention of authority
  • May you get what you wish for

t-dub,

lwien

I just showed him your last responses, and he said "give me a day to think about it."

So the above was a post from Friday. It is now Thursday. That "one day to think about it" has now turned into 7 days, and no word. I guess it's safe to assume that this isn't going to happen eh?

lwien,

quantumaviator

jetwaterpipes.com
Manufacturer
We are going to give a free JET waterpipe away! We have to wait until the first of the year, for thing to slow down, before we can start the contest. We are also brainstorming ideas for the contest, so if you guys have any other ideas, let em fly! Stoked we're making this happen, and sorry lwien we gotta make it fair!

quantumaviator,

Adobewan

Arrr, and there it is.
OK, I suggest the contest should be the first FC member who bought one wins! :)
One of you lucky Chumplestilskins are going to be very happy!!

Adobewan,

lwien

We are going to give a free JET waterpipe away! We have to wait until the first of the year, for thing to slow down, before we can start the contest. We are also brainstorming ideas for the contest, so if you guys have any other ideas, let em fly! Stoked we're making this happen, and sorry lwien we gotta make it fair!

That's perfectly ok. No need to apologize. As long as the contest happens, I'm good.

Armerad

Dabbin'
Suggestion: Sell an accessory which screws in place of the standard mouthpiece which adds a reduced bore bent neck to the tube.

Would pair nicely with the previously requested shorter tube length option.

Armerad,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
I was just reading an online review of the Jet. I'm still laughing after reading the following line:

"...Sure, we love glass bongs too with all their fancy shapes and colors and filters and perks and diffusers and ash catchers and flux capacitors and gyrocscopic telekenetic bullshit converters and stuff. But, as cool and complex as they are, they’re fragile and expensive as fuck and nothing kills a buzz faster than listening to Coldplay or breaking an expensive piece...."

So true... Fuckin' Coldplay :lol:

:peace:

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member

Contests are great, but be sure you review the rules for running a contest on FC. Pretty easy stuff but you gotta follow them.

pakalolo,

FrogBoy138

I emailed this company asking a few questions and got no answers and what I thought was a rude reply.
Months later went and asked my questions on a Youtube video someone had with this waterpipe. Only to find the same rude guy from Jetwaterpipes asking me why I would ever want to take the diffuser out because it gives a mathematically perfect hit every time. Going on to tell me that I should get my facts straight and Blah blah. After that I came to FC and found many bong/bubbler companies willing to answer my questions and not belittle me. I am now a proud owner of a tube from company I can look up too. I will continue to post my review of this company when ever the topic comes up.

quantumaviator

jetwaterpipes.com
Manufacturer
TX0ZN.jpg

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
The last seven posts in this thread began when quantumaviator reposted private email that had been removed yesterday by a moderator. His repost and related replies have been deleted. The rule is:
  • Do not post the contents of private conversations without permission from all parties involved.
An infraction has been issued.

FrogBoy138

I really like this tube and have said many times I want to buy one even here on FC. If I could use it as a natural perc as well as a 5x diffusion bong I would like it even more.

FrogBoy138,

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
The last seven posts in this thread began when quantumaviator reposted private email that had been removed yesterday by a moderator. His repost and related replies have been deleted. The rule is:
  • Do not post the contents of private conversations without permission from all parties involved.
An infraction has been issued.

Should he also reg with vtac or no? I thought that's what he got banned for and went through recent posts...

Anyways I've seen a fair bit on this piece on other communities... seems good for smoking, although I'm questioning the MAX FILTRATION thing for vapors... anyone notice it changes (lessens) the taste?

Quetzalcoatl,
Top Bottom