• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

The JET waterpipe

ODS

i'm a combuster and this looks like it would be incredibly hard to clean. my ROOR down stem gets really resinated even with an ash catcher.

ODS,
Reactions: Tweek

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
ODS: You know it can be easily disassembled, right?

quantumaviator:
I was thinking how to make it vape-friendly with the same resources, this is it:
2efulw2.png

If the base cannot be wider this is probably the only option. Intake can't be bent, because it screws, the base cannot be wider as it would need thicker acetal tube (more resources), so the polycarbonate tube has to go out of center to make space for 90 angle and some big vapes. Also there needs to be a rubber foot under both intake (vapes are heavy) and under the tube, so 4 feet are needed for stability. Also an indestructible 18->14mm reducer would be good.

So this would make it vape-friendly, with use of only little more resources (reducer, one extra foot) and CNC redesign for the base.

quantumaviator

jetwaterpipes.com
Manufacturer
Actually guys the JET is stupid easy to clean, Everything comes apart and unscrews, It literally takes me less than 5 minutes. Just run the diffuser under hot water as well as the stem, and its good to go. We take alot of pride in this fact. In fact I would be willing to bet the JET is one of the quickest and easiest waterpipes to clean! We also just got the stackable diffusers in today! Can't post pics until they are on the website. Nice thing is they don't really increase the drag so you can use them while vaping!
Oh and I also wanted to mention the JET is heavier than it looks, it weighs about the 3 lbs. Also what if you just used a flexible tubing for attaching a vape? That way it wouldn't matter if it was too heavy or what the angle of the stem was. Also, I will never mention anything about the volume of the tube lmao! Thanks for all the advice guys!

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
Yes, tubing would work ok, but not everyone wants to use tubing. It makes it 2-piece setup and also only few vapes support tubings. Most vapes that are used with waterpipes already have a direct GonG joint (mostly 18mm). I can only think of MFLB having 14mm joint (and also that is only vape that really likes that angle, but idk if MFLB would work well with this thing, it needs tiny pipes asits tiny vape).

Seek,

quantumaviator

jetwaterpipes.com
Manufacturer
Kind of a weird question, but would anyone like to help us think of a name for the stackable diffusers? stackable diffusers just sounds stupid. Any ideas would be much appreciated!

quantumaviator,

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
Kind of a weird question, but would anyone like to help us think of a name for the stackable diffusers? stackable diffusers just sounds stupid. Any ideas would be much appreciated!
How about JET(Set) or JET Set or Vapor JET . . .

I am sure the JET is easy to clean, hot water, dishwasher, soap, PBW whatever, I'm sure its super easy to clean.

Anyone can attach a vape to a bong with a whip. Whips add unwanted flavors and increase maintenance and reclaim.

You explained that you had the materials and equipment to work with us. I have heard requests for an 18mm interface, a 90* straight up and down vape stem, a way to work in an easy clear etc . . .

At this point I have to ask: Are you more interested in just selling the JET here as is or are you really interested in exploring its vapor potential with us?

I think a picture might help here, this is what I would be trying to do with the JET, but I was hoping it would be more ergonomic:

cloud3y.jpg

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
You explained that you had the materials and equipment to work with us. I have heard requests for an 18mm interface, a 90* straight up and down vape stem, a way to work in an easy clear etc . . .

I don't want to make it sound like the community is bringing their fist down or anything, but quite honestly this is the big thing with me right now.

I really like the look and first iteration of the Jet but in it's current form I would not be interested in purchasing one. However, if the design facilitated the easy connection of a Cloud, without needing any extra adapters or whipping, I would buy one in a heartbeat. I know that using a 14 to 18 adapter is simple, but it is not clean and when most adapters are simply held together by a hair-line weld, I don't feel comfortable using one with a device that costs 500 bucks and weighs several pounds. I would however, feel more than comfortable dropping in a slim line reducer to work with my 14mm vapes, as that only sticks out a few millimeters and runs no risk of breaking. .

As for the stackable diffusers name, I'd just go with something simple like "The JET Stack" or "The Bubble Stack". Stack is a cool word; I'd do my best to keep it in the name

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
I really like the look and first iteration of the Jet but in it's current form I would not be interested in purchasing one. However, if the design facilitated the easy connection of a Cloud, without needing any extra adapters or whipping, I would buy one in a heartbeat. I know that using a 14 to 18 adapter is simple, but it is not clean and when most adapters are simply held together by a hair-line weld, I don't feel comfortable using one with a device that costs 500 bucks and weighs several pounds. I would however, feel more than comfortable dropping in a slim line reducer to work with my 14mm vapes, as that only sticks out a few millimeters and runs no risk of breaking. . .
Well said Centi, your powers of diplomacy are much better than mine, thanks for articulating those thoughts in such a nice way, I agree 110% :)

t-dub,
Reactions: CentiZen

quantumaviator

jetwaterpipes.com
Manufacturer
I see what you mean in the pic. We had the idea to make a vaporizer bowl for the JET, kinda like how vapor genie does it. Not sure what everyone thinks of them though. We were looking into getting aluminum oxide ceramic foam, which you heat with a lighter while your plant material is vaporized underneath. Any thoughts on that?
The best thing would be an attachment you could add to the JET to make it more vape friendly, so we wouldn't have to re-design the JET in order to incorporate a vape. Any more ideas? The simpler the better. It's kinda hard because there's so many different styles and kinds of vapes! I love this website, you guys are great, it's so cool to be able to collaborate on ideas and hear feedback!
Had this crazy idea awhile back, to positively charge the smoke or vapor from the JET. Your lungs are negatively charged, so having the smoke or vapor positively charged would make it "stick" to your lungs and hopefully get you much higher! Not sure if it would end up being safe though. Any thoughts? On paper it sounds awesome, but you never know unless you try.

quantumaviator,
Had this crazy idea awhile back, to positively charge the smoke or vapor from the JET. Your lungs are negatively charged, so having the smoke or vapor positively charged would make it "stick" to your lungs and hopefully get you much higher! Not sure if it would end up being safe though. Any thoughts? On paper it sounds awesome, but you never know unless you try.

Maybe just try the VaporJet first? :shrug:

stickstones

Vapor concierge
We had the idea to make a vaporizer bowl for the JET, kinda like how vapor genie does it. Not sure what everyone thinks of them though. We were looking into getting aluminum oxide ceramic foam, which you heat with a lighter while your plant material is vaporized underneath. Any thoughts on that?

I think it would appeal to the vapor crowd more just being able to accomodate whatever vape they have already. I have hooked my Genie top to a bong before and had great results, and it is pretty cheap to set up. But I wouldn't make it a habit...the taste just isn't there.

stickstones,
Reactions: Puffers

quantumaviator

jetwaterpipes.com
Manufacturer
Thats funny you said that because we were actually going to order the ceramic foam about a year and a half ago, but then decided against it. Any guesses why? Because a customer told us they had hooked their vape to their JET and said it was amazing! So we smacked our foreheads and scrapped the idea, no need to go through the trouble when you can just use what you already have; couldn't have said it better myself!
Oh and don't worry kingofnull we haven't actually pursued the idea, just trying to get feedback on what everyone else thought. It's such a crazy ass idea though lmao! What if it was like, the best way to ever to get ripped!? I would give kingofnull and lwien some fat stacks of cash,lmao!

quantumaviator,

Hoops

Stick with it Quantum, the new ideas are indeed being heard in a positive way from what i'm seeing. If you haven't already gone through some of the other glass threads, you'll see certain patterns to what the vapor community is generally looking for. The ideas that are being tossed around here are the same from thread to thread for the most part.

For a vape to be used on a bong, it's really one of two ways. Whip WPA attachment or a solid reinforced 90 degree stemless design that can support the weight of the vape (not taking into account BDV's MFLB and many more that are slipping my mind atm). The 90 degree stemless design supports both ways of vape, as well as combustion and concentrate nails. If you want a good water pipe for vapor, go with a stemless design like the DG above and the drawings provided earlier.

In my mind, this is the first thing to look at when picking a piece to match a vaporizer. If the stem in a piece doesn't fit my vapor need's, there's nothing on the piece that will change my mind. I won't look twice. Just my two cents.

GOATPUSSY

I think the idea of a vaporgenie type piece to use in the bowl as a 'direct' connection vape sounds pretty cool. I've used my vg coil in a tube and it was fun and hit hard... But it was pretty easy to combust. It did remind of my early, more youthful days tho... Nowadays, I prefer using my UD... Or t1... Or mflb with a tube. Thinking that some kind of universal attachment to the JET would make it a more of a 'hit' around here.

GOATPUSSY,

Armerad

Dabbin'
I see what you mean in the pic. We had the idea to make a vaporizer bowl for the JET, kinda like how vapor genie does it. Not sure what everyone thinks of them though. We were looking into getting aluminum oxide ceramic foam, which you heat with a lighter while your plant material is vaporized underneath. Any thoughts on that?
The best thing would be an attachment you could add to the JET to make it more vape friendly, so we wouldn't have to re-design the JET in order to incorporate a vape. Any more ideas? The simpler the better. It's kinda hard because there's so many different styles and kinds of vapes! I love this website, you guys are great, it's so cool to be able to collaborate on ideas and hear feedback!

I don't think you're going to be able to make an accessory which will fix the issues with the JET which are preventing the FC community from accepting it.

If you really want to get the community behind you, start listening to the ideas which have already been presented.

quantumaviator

jetwaterpipes.com
Manufacturer
I think the people on here accept the JET, they just want a way for the JET to better fit a vape. While the ideas before would work, we just want to brainstorm with everyone and see what other ideas we come up with. I like the idea for just doing a 90 degree angle for the stem, which wouldn't be very difficult. We would just make the threaded hole for the stem straight down instead of at an angle.
I was thinking of an idea last night that would be cool. I was thinking what if we had a rechargeable power supply that fit on the JET, the power supply would then be attached to a heating element, which would be attached to a bowl. You then turn it on and can adjust the temperature accordingly for getting a great vape rip. So it would basically be a vape built into the JET! I know people prefer to use their own vape, which doing the 90 degree stem, it wouldn't be a problem.
If we could pull that off, having a built in vape for the JET, I think it would be amazing! Have it work through convection instead of conduction. What does everyone else think of this idea?

I was thinking of an idea last night that would be cool. I was thinking what if we had a rechargeable power supply that fit on the JET, the power supply would then be attached to a heating element, which would be attached to a bowl. You then turn it on and can adjust the temperature accordingly for getting a great vape rip. So it would basically be a vape built into the JET! I know people prefer to use their own vape, which doing the 90 degree stem, it wouldn't be a problem.
If we could pull that off, having a built in vape for the JET, I think it would be amazing! Have it work through convection instead of conduction. What does everyone else think of this idea?

NOW you've got my attention quantumaviator!

kingofnull,

NeeChee

More meatloaf Ma!
I really like the idea of a lifetime waterpipe for my SSV i think this would work easily. Any chance you guys offering any promo code for the holidays? I really like the shorter glow one. Any idea when they might get restocked?

NeeChee,

quantumaviator

jetwaterpipes.com
Manufacturer
That was weird I thought I had already replied to you NeeChee but I don't see it, so I guess not! We do have a promo code for 10% off your order, just email us at orders@jetwaterpipes.com Our inventory system is weird, we have everything in stock but it won't show up as in stock until we have assembled a whole unit. With the arctic white version, we only have one mouthpiece for it left, so if you want it let us know ASAP so we can reserve it for you! ( you would just need to order within a week if possible) FYI the arctic white appears to be glowing because we took the picture under a black light with a slow shutter speed, sure looks badass though! It is black light reactive which is pretty sweet though!
So, like I said email us for the 10% off promo code and let us know if you want us to reserve the last complete arctic white version for you! ( we will have more of the arctic white versions in 2 weeks or sooner!) Looking forward to you becoming a member of the JET waterpipes family!

quantumaviator,
Top Bottom