Discontinued The Inhalater INH004 Phytotherapeutic Rechargeable Portable Vaporizer

deadc0ffee

Inquisitive vaporist
You can cook it with water mixed in too (which I do- it gets out the water soluble stuff) but I boil the mason jar in water to heat the coconut oil mixture.

deadc0ffee,
Reactions: Dreamerr

omgomghax

ok, new update for the inhalater. It really needs a sleep mode, much like it has now it goes off after about 6 minutes. There should clear that and create a mode like this:

unit goes off after 6 minutes UNLESS person is using it. Then it should maybe check itself every 30 seconds or so... idk... maybe im just picky but idk... Anyone else run into that type of thing?

omgomghax,
ok, new update for the inhalater. It really needs a sleep mode, much like it has now it goes off after about 6 minutes. There should clear that and create a mode like this:

unit goes off after 6 minutes UNLESS person is using it. Then it should maybe check itself every 30 seconds or so... idk... maybe im just picky but idk... Anyone else run into that type of thing?
looks like you probably should have bought the pax then. It has that feature your asking for. Maybe a new model of the INHL will come out, but that really doesn't help you as you would then has to buy that one.

VapeNStone,

omgomghax

looks like you probably should have bought the pax then. It has that feature your asking for. Maybe a new model of the INHL will come out, but that really doesn't help you as you would then has to buy that one.

good point, but whats the point of the feature that it has right now? Is it to save the battery life just in case we forget or fall asleep?

omgomghax,

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
omghax, what I do whenever I am having a longer session is that I'll throw the dial back to off and then set the temperature when I want to change temperature after a few minutes. Keeps if from going off.

The pax uses an accelerometer to turn down the temperature a bit whenever it is has not been moved for a while. It's more for keeping it ready for longer sessions.

CentiZen,

omgomghax

I received my Inhalater yesterday and am quite impressed with its size and form factor. However mine seems to have an issue with the dial switch and sometimes it works and sometimes not. It works when it's cold but once it heats up it works completely at random but mostly doesn't work. Also noticed that the polyimide inside the heating chamber has a tiny tear exposing the solder. Taylor has been great with offering a refund so I'm thinking about exchanging it or maybe moving on.

Has anyone else noticed off gassing from the heating chamber after removing the capsule? It's the oils on the outside of the capsule from handling, but wow does it ever produce a lot of smoke.

If you are talking about the same dial issue I have... My dial switch works sometimes and sometimes it doesn't. I have sometimes take off the bottom cap and switch it off because the dial cap isn't going the job.

Yes it doesn't work very well. I can see a very faint rapidly blinking led when it doesn't work. It always turns off, but turning it off is another story. seems like an awesome portable, and does the smell of the polyimide in the heating chamber eventually subside? Kinda smells like a warm wet dog :)

Also what if abv falls past the bottom screen in the heating chamber and into the air intake holes? How can that be cleaned? Compressed air?

LOVE the rapid heat up time and airflow, and USB!

I know exactly what you mean about the faint blinking led. Let us know how long it takes your problem to be resolved :)

I just love how with the inhalater, you can put a full pack of herbs in there and turn it up to max and inhale as hard as you can and try to hold it... exhale and you see nice clouds of vapor. It has to be amazing when attached to a water pipe.

CapitalFlower

Hey guys,

I really can't decide between this or the Pax. Is there any particular reason why I should go for the Inhalater?

Cheers

JoeKickass

Hey guys,

I really can't decide between this or the Pax. Is there any particular reason why I should go for the Inhalater?

Cheers

Inhalater = Less portable but you will use a bit less bud (it sounds like)
Pax = Sexy & portable, but you pay for the big hits with the massive bowl (uses a bit more bud)

JoeKickass,

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
I agree with Joe except the INH will give you massive hits as well. The other thing you need to consider is if you feel like dealing with the few bugs the pax still has. They may have fixed it with this next production coming out on the 10th who knows. As you know there is one issue with the knob on the INH as well but not that many have been effected by it.

I don't think I would have liked a sleep mode. It isn't a big deal to turn it off and on.

deadc0ffee

Inquisitive vaporist
I agree with Joe except the INH will give you massive hits as well. The other thing you need to consider is if you feel like dealing with the few bugs the pax still has. They may have fixed it with this next production coming out on the 10th who knows. As you know there is one issue with the knob on the INH as well but not that many have been effected by it.

I don't think I would have liked a sleep mode. It isn't a big deal to turn it off and on.
It would be nice, however, if it had a button or something that locked the knob.

deadc0ffee,
Reactions: Dreamerr

Dreamerr

It would be nice, however, if it had a button or something that locked the knob.

I don't have an issue cause I leave it on. I realized it takes no battery to do it but it all happened cause I kept forgetting to turn it off and then no issue at all in your pocket. I do like that locking idea a lot but not really a big deal if you do leave it on unless wear and tear will get it from turning so much.

Dreamerr,

Fully Melted

It's OK to enjoy your medicine.
Hey guys,

Cheers

I'm in the same boat. I think I will wait for improvements to the "V.09b" vapes, then decide between the INH and the PAX...
Neither are 100% ready IMO. I still look at both daily, leaning in the INH direction, I love the capsule feature.

Fully Melted,

Dreamerr

I forgot to tell you all earlier that I believe the light issue is due to a battery charge deficiency. When I do my burns or vape while plugged in capsule after capsule at some point when I turn it back on it is very light flickering barely green. After the third time this happened I attributed it to a battery being to low to use. As always what do I know just a thought.

Dreamerr,

JoeKickass

The other thing you need to consider is if you feel like dealing with the few bugs the pax still has. They may have fixed it with this next production coming out on the 10th who knows. As you know there is one issue with the knob on the INH as well but not that many have been effected by it.

I really don't think the Pax issues are much different than the Inh issues: very rarely, someone has a device that won't turn on. Easily fix it yourself or get a new one = problem solved. I don't see how the Pax is any worse than the Inh in that department, and actually almost all modern technology works like that. Buy a new laptop that doesn't turn on? Get a new one! (under warranty)

Sleep mode is really useful feature and the 30s time is perfect, almost never happens unless you want it to. But hey, want to let your bowl go on burning? Just put it in party mode! :party:

I'm in the same boat. I think I will wait for improvements to the "V.09b" vapes, then decide between the INH and the PAX...
Neither are 100% ready IMO. I still look at both daily, leaning in the INH direction, I love the capsule feature.

You guys see what happens? People spend so much time dwelling on non-issues and potential new vapers are turned away! If you have the means to buy now you can not go wrong with either, I guarantee these modern vapes will absolutely change your life!

Dreamerr

Yep and if either breaks you just send it back and the new one will have the fix.

Joe I just don't like the whole mouth piece sticking issue but I am sure they will figure out a way to fix it or might even use your filing fix if it is proven over time. I hope it was that simple. I believe they owe you commission twice now if my count is correct.

Fully Melted

I really don't think the Pax issues are much different than the Inh issues: very rarely, someone has a device that won't turn on. Easily fix it yourself or get a new one = problem solved. I don't see how the Pax is any worse than the Inh in that department, and actually almost all modern technology works like that. Buy a new laptop that doesn't turn on? Get a new one! (under warranty)

Sleep mode is really useful feature and the 30s time is perfect, almost never happens unless you want it to. But hey, want to let your bowl go on burning? Just put it in party mode! :party:

You guys see what happens? People spend so much time dwelling on non-issues and potential new vapers are turned away! If you have the means to buy now you can not go wrong with either, I guarantee these modern vapes will absolutely change your life!

JoeKickass,
It's not a "non issue" for me. I like my gear to work out of the box. Call me crazy. I have a huge machine shop to play in but that doesn't mean that I want to chuck a new PAX or INH in a lathe to fix what lack of factory engineering / testing did not. It's not a money issue, it's much like buying a new car that you know has defects or that you have to re-assemble the engine when you get it home from the dealer. Some people won't care, most do. I prefer things that work over things that go poof. ;)

I'm still ordering both when the MFG's get a bit more NASA and less "what fell off?" lol

Fully Melted,
I am also ticked that I had to fix this vape even slightly. Shit taking the stickers off was a little much for me. When I pay $200+ for a vape I shouldn't have to do shit.

VapeNStone,

deadc0ffee

Inquisitive vaporist
I am also ticked that I had to fix this vape even slightly. Shit taking the stickers off was a little much for me. When I pay $200+ for a vape I shouldn't have to do shit.
You bought iteration one so you can't complain about how well they're doing compared to recent laptops and other electronics, sticker removing wasn't necessary- that's just a cosmetic complaint, and why would you be ticked after using this fantastic vape? And this vape practically does everything for you compared to my evolution. (No timing necessary, no paying attention to heat, you just watch the proximity light)

deadc0ffee,

JoeKickass

JoeKickass,
It's not a "non issue" for me. I like my gear to work out of the box. Call me crazy. I have a huge machine shop to play in but that doesn't mean that I want to chuck a new PAX or INH in a lathe to fix what lack of factory engineering / testing did not. It's not a money issue, it's much like buying a new car that you know has defects or that you have to re-assemble the engine when you get it home from the dealer. Some people won't care, most do. I prefer things that work over things that go poof. ;)

I'm still ordering both when the MFG's get a bit more NASA and less "what fell off?" lol

Brand new cars have issues all the time, even "reliable" brands. That's what the warranty is for, and that sure makes it feel like a non-issue... worst case scenario = you're disappointed for a few days? That's just not enough to make me to miss out on the modern vaping revolution! :spliff:

Fully Melted

LMAO! I hear you. And you have just swayed me with your attitude to order both tonight. That would make it 3 vapes ordered today lol Actually my Daughter just told me to "go for it, I'm covered Dad, have fun". So VISA, take me away! :p

P.S. Still a "issue" just less of one in the last 10 minutes! rofl :spliff:

ru_frothi

Portable Vaporist
Looking back the battery life does seem to be 90 minutes to the Pax's 70 so that's pretty good! But heat up time seems to be almost a minute on max (same as Pax) and about 45s to normal vape temp (same as Pax) so I guess that's a draw.

I would like to try the Inh to see how the easier draw affects the vapor qualities (fullness, taste, harness) compared to the Pax, any observations there?

It's more convection. It's produces big rich full hits very comparable to the Solo but it's different as there is a fair mount of convection. The air is maybe warmer. think TV T1 or maybe even an evo. The solo hits smoother but with more restriction. The INH can fog tube like the solo but with n easier draw.

Bowl size is huge compared to the solo but its .3 max for me.

Charging in the car or anywhere via USB is awesome. Cheap and easy. I have 8 chargers for my INH.

The pax has a lot going for it evidently and so does the INH. It's very directly comparable to solo in many way Vapor production, taste, ease of use. It's exceeds it in many other ways such warm up time, form factor.

It only falls behind in battery life really. The knob is a annoyance for sure.

If you wanna have a session you can try mine out. We all know I love my solo's but the INH is a competitor.

btw: The bubble test with the pax was sick!!!!

omgomghax

well its like this. The inhalater isn't really portable as to say the mflb and looking at the pax, it seems to be more portable than the inhalater too due to the fact that most people can palm it and inhale at the park if they wanted to. However, once your pax dies, you have to charge it and you can't use it while its charging, unlike the inhalater. I also just noticed something about the pax vs the inhalater. Not sure if anyone here knew but the pax comes with a 10 year warranty, the inhalater comes with a 1 year warranty. Question is. why does the inhalater have such a low warranty being such a high price and how is pax able to have a 10 year warranty?

btw: The bubble test with the pax was sick!!!!

Where do i find this bubble test?

omgomghax,

Hai_Rypo_T'head

Why smoke and die, when you can vape and fly?
I'm thinking . . . put that abv erb into a bowl of ramen/ keep it for a rainy day ( ewww) / or put it in some brownies :).

I'm thinking . . . heat abv in virgin coconut oil. When it turns golden honey brown, strain and discard insoluble remnants, mix coconut oil/cbd solution with 70% coca cooking chocolate, add rum, raisins, almonds, extra herbal enhancements, vanilla, whatever, and Voila! . . . a treat for the whole family. :dog:

Hai_Rypo_T'head,
Reactions: omgomghax

Dreamerr

Some of you veterans please make a thread for the ABV cooking. I know there are a lot of threads but now that so many are really interested maybe we can have a real good one going with easy and I mean very easy recipes...please...:love:

Dreamerr,
Top Bottom